Why are lesbians/gays treated as comedic relief so usually in anime?

Why are lesbians/gays treated as comedic relief so usually in anime?

Gotta fight the low birth rate.

Because the insane should never be dignified.

Humans naturally like to make fun of disabled people.

That's how they're treated in real life. Asian variety/game/talk shows have token gay people for comedic relief.

Being gay subverts expectations and seeing as that's just about what most comedy is that makes it easy to try and make jokes about.

anything that isn't normal is way easier to write jokes for

Why would they be taken seriously?

faggots are fun to laugh at

Because it's the same in real life.

In Japan when people are uncomfortable or confused about things they just find humor in it or jerk off to it instead of becoming militant haters like in the west.

We should instead be asking why westerners (namely white people) have no chill

Religion. Puritanism. Fucked the US up more than any two nukes could.

You should ask that elsewhere tumblroni.

They are the stand-in for (You).

>Needing a scrapegoat to explain your lack of chill
Keep safeboxing then.

>implying it isn't malicious laughing
don't delude yourself

>caring about faggots

Also, take that nigger speak elsewhere.

>Terms that extended past just being black lingo into becoming multiethnic decades ago is nigger speak

Either basement dweller or flyover fuck

Subhumans are funny.

because they are a joke

Different cultural attitudes towards homosexuality.

In America, negative views of homosexuality were rooted in it being a religious sin, so you got a lot of "smite the unclean" and "keep them hidden so their sins don't corrupt our kids" and other violently negative reactions.

In Japan, as best I can parse it, the attitude is more that they're sexual deviants on the "mostly harmless" end of the scale. You know how furries get treated when they're featured in American fiction? It's exactly like that. "They're weird and deviant but not threatening me in any way, so I feel comfortable letting them alone as long as I get to laugh in their faces and there aren't too many of them and they don't get any ideas about their lifestyle being normal or anything."

It's like, on the one hand no one's going to get fired or beaten up for being gay in Japan, but on the other hand gay marriage isn't even a glimmer on the horizon there.

It will always be nigger speak, even in 200 years. Regardless, it has no place on Sup Forums. So fuck off to Sup Forums or wherever with your agenda.

Don't respond to my posts anymore mouthbreather.

It's actually a way to normalize the situation and to not put off a spectator that could potentially feel threatened by it in a serious situation.

There still are plenty of anime and manga that don't have gays just as comedy relief. Actually gays and lesbians in the media are more commonly used as fanservice for fujos than as comedy relief.

Everyone above this post will be hanged on day of Lily.

welcome to /teen/ - underage general

welcome to Sup Forums

why don't more anime characters smoke?

Because they are a comedic relief irl too.

Art imitates life but people get all TOUCHY if you show fags being avoided, treated with kid gloves on, generally making people uneasy and unhappy when they're around, or show them being beaten by people who've had enough of their obnoxious bullshit.

Built the US, and Europe. Reminder the Catholics didn't OPPOSE the scientific community, they CREATED and funded it.

They just bitch about Christianity and muh white people, while their precious mudslimes who outnumber whites in both US and Europe and have the worst treatment of fags in the world.

Lurk more.

It's mainstream media and also just Japanese customs/backwardness in general.

More realistic depictions are usually told through manga as its an easier way to get round these barriers and can be controlled. That's where alot more of a voice is heard, hell one of the only vocal lesbian couples used it as a way to tell their hell going through adoption by teaming up with the mangaka behind "My lesbian experience with depression". They can't go on tv to really talk about that(theres like one serious talk show which has regular gay/lesbian guests on but thats one of hundreds), most of the time they hire Ryuchell on who acts gay/has the mannerisms of a stereotype but is straight.

We're getting an adaption of Kase-san and Morning Glory soon.

they're easy lickings for making the but of a joke, in most countries the peg the sticks out is the odd one out, and you can bet your ass everyone will point that out over and over again, it's like that in Mexico too.

>namely white people
Fucking kek, now I know this is bait. Whites largely are politically correct, if you want to see homosexuals being abused look no further than asia, the middle east and africa especially.

I just hope Japan stays "backwards" forever and doesn't give in to PC.

Same reason virgins are, it's awkward, sometimes is just cute-funny, fun thing are fun who cares?

aw user, that's nice bait there.

Dumb faggot.

>White western countries are considered the most open minded, progressive and welcoming in the entire planet
>Immigrants literally fight to get in to these countries to escape persecution
The only countries that persecute homosexuals are exclusively non-white, infact its often brown people and darker skinned countries which treat homosexuals like subhumans. Open a book before you run your dumb ass mouth, nigga.

>gay marriage isn't even a glimmer on the horizon there.
Wasn't there some hullabaloo over a lesbian couple having a (not-legally-sanctioned) marriage at Tokyo Disneyland some years ago?

>puritanism mentioned
>reply talking about Catholics
You can't into religion, user. Puritans are a protestant strain.

>namely white people

niggers ruin this country even more

Because it's funny

The Protestants and all European Christians emerged from the Catholics you top-shelf retard.

Which doesn't make them the same thing. There are some rather major doctrinal differences related to science. Most of the anti-science nonsense prevalent in murrican religions doesn't have anything to do with Catholicism. Excepting murrican catholics who have been corrupted by the protestants.

>all European Christians emerged from the Catholics
It's like you're intentionally retarded. Go read some history first before you post.

>asia, the middle east and africa
so you mean the rest of the world?

Its late and I'm finnish, give me a break.

The Japanese are an enlightened people.
Enlightened in the sense that they do not do as the the others slavs do, and throw them into concentration camps.
I have no idea why the Americans tolerate them. Something jews.

Just like in real life!

Because they're a funny nature error

Because they're generally seen as relationships the immature people or losers have. When they grow up and want to be a functioning member of society, they'll get married to the opposite sex.

Because homo is a joke

japs don't like fags

It's accurate

I hate people who hate everything that isn't like them.

Making fun of someone isn't hate.

because degenerates shouldn't be allowed to breed

Because they are usually funny faggots. I never met a fag who wasn't hilarious

It’s either that or the character being a depraved rapist
Or if you’re lucky, you might get one of the few exceptions

I was referring to the posters of this thread, I hate this site but I don't know why I always come back here.

We're in the same boat then.

Homosexuality is seen as a fetish in Japan. Fetishes are funny.

>REEEEEEEEEE WHY AREN'T THESE PEOPLE LIKE ME?
>REEEEEEEE WHY SHOULD WE ALLOW THEM TO ATTEMPT TO BE HAPPY?
>REEEE MU-MUH MARRIAGE

Because we're not complete and utter assholes? 'Oh no, that person's gay, better put them in a camp because I don't like them.'.

kill yourselves you won't ever come back and shit up this board

Japan got a big boost in technology but culturally they're still stuck in the sengoku era. Only they have ceos now instead of shoguns, and their relation to gay people is still the same as the sengoku era. Which is it's fine for two males or females to have sex or even love each other in their privacy, but they still have to contribute to society. The only flamboyantly gay people in that era were the entertainers, and that still holds today.
It's just a western thing that every gay person has to be flamboyantly gay and people have to treat them seriously, and this leaked into Japan to some degree as well. Except for the part of taking them seriously.

Yep, I hate this site.

There's no better feeling than remembering a thread you posted in hours ago and coming back to reap those sweat (you)s

Because that's what they are?

Same reason bald people, ugly people, people with mental or physical disabilities, and otherwise people who just aren't normal are almost exclusively used for comedic relief.

They're incredibly hard to write as serious characters, so most authors only use them in situations where their weirdness can create comedic effect, because those situations don't have to be realistic. You try writing a three-dimensional anime character who has to deal with male pattern baldness in a realistic fashion. Not the Saitama "I trained really hard so my hair just fucking fell out, also I have superpowers now." treatment, but the actual "Well shit I'm 19 and I look like a bootleg Frank Sinatra. Time to go on a quest to fix my self-image and find a reason to keep living." treatment.

Not to mention how fucking hard it is to market characters with physical deformities to people who collect figurines and wall scrolls. Anime characters have to either be amazingly written or waifu/husbandobait. Very few anime writers have the chops to pull it off, I'm afraid.

as far as physical deformities go I think baldness is the least stigmatising, especially if it's warrior monk characters

So, you could say that you're... finnished?

Because faggots are a joke and should be treated as such if not worse. If it was up to me they would still be burnt on the stake.
The west shall normalise all sexual relationships(including necrophilia and consensual physical harm for sexual pleasure)
and the rest of the world will be forced to follow. It's best to rid the world of this catalyst before it worsens.

Indeed why should we allow degenerates to be happy?

Japan is chill about the sexuality stuff unlike the western world. Thank fucking god the LGBT cancer hasn't took over Japan yet.

I'm not saying that Japan doesn't have identity politics, but sexuality isn't part of them, it's a western thing that your sexual relationships define your identity and you have to side with a political party or another based on that identity

Because that's what they are in real life: the laughing stock.

Watch more anime newfag.

>culturally they're still stuck in the sengoku era
I fucking wish.

this

Because Nips don't give two fucks about Gamergate.

A certain cancerous site (not linking it for obvious reasons) had a recent interview with some Japanese gay guy. To sum it up: it's complicated, but Japan doesn't take crossdressing/drag seriously, or fetishizes it more than America (with religion/historical homosexuality being a few factors). For example, yuri anime tends to be about girls because it's assumed they'll grow out of it when they get older and marry men; BL manga is marketed to straight women to gawk over.

Well, there's social activism in Japan, but they just don't bother to try changing the industry.
There's a Twitter profile that posts a lot about LGBT issues in the world, including Japan. Same profile post a lot about how cool Symphogear is, too. Japan has passed some laws respecting LGBT people, such as legislation to protect gay or trans people from hate crimes, but they just don't see the topic of homosexuality as deserving serious consideration. There are few LGBT politicians and public figures who make themselves known, and there's little they can accomplish when the issues they raise are constantly brushed aside and put on the backburner in favor of more popular issues.
So it's not like Japan doesn't care about these things. They cleary do, otherwise things like those marriage certificate wouldn't exist. But they focus on society, rather than medias.

>yuri anime tends to be about girls because it's assumed they'll grow out of it when they get older and marry men
Nope, I refuse to believe that the Japanese are.this retarded. This is "magical penis healing lesbianism" levels of autism.

Dykes are a joke and everyone who isn't mentally ill themselves treats them as such, yurishitters and tumblerinas btfo.

Nice blog, faggot.

Most asian countries treat LGBTs poorly.

I hate people who attack other people for not caring about them, then claim they're being oppressed.

I know how you feel, when I found out I also couldn't believe the Japanese actually legitimately thought women would grow out of the dumb shit they do to get attention and make their parents feel bad.

I guess they nailed down their realism then.

but by telling them to adopt your value system otherwise you'll hate them, you're hating people for not being like you. so you must also hate yourself.

I'm treated like comedic relief irl so it's pretty accurate

Lesbians ruin whatever anime they're in.
>AHAHAAH SHE'S ATTRACTED TO A WOMAN! THAT'S THE JOKE!
*23 episodes later*
>AHAHAHAA SHE'S STILL ATTRACTED TO A WOMAN! THAT'S THE JOKE! THAT'S STILL HER ENTIRE CHARACTER!

Notice how that's a western show, not an anime.

Watch B-class Hollywood films. Not much difference there.