Aite lads is this worth the watch?

aite lads is this worth the watch?

It's fucking amazing. Particularly the First Stage and at least until the Third. Fourth, Fifth and Final are mixed with some really great moments that make them worth the watch.

If you can stand 90s CGI car races sure if not, no

The First Stage is imo the best of the series. I had a blast watching this and it introduced me into cars.

First Stage is superb. Watch that at the very least.

Its fun and its got style, that's it. Though I only the saw the first season.

Watch 1st, 2nd, and 3rd stage. Watch the R34 GT-R, Ryosuke vs Shinigami, and the final race on Youtube after. The rest of the stages are not worth the slog, Project D kind of turns the show into racing Dragonball Z.

I watched the first stage for a few episodes because the cgi really put me off so I instead watched the three recap movies and went on to finish the series. Is it really worth it to go back after I've been spoiled by the later seasons quality?

It's great.4th stage is my favorite especially with the appearance of a certain blue car.
However,there will be almost no school scenes which is sad.I wish that the class of Takumi was more involved but it's only his friend and his love interest

The movies don't have Eurobeat, you missed out on a core tenet of the show.

Its comfy, but the racing bits aren't that great.

The experience it's not the same, you have to feel the build-up to each race and Takumi starting to liking racing more and more. The recaps movies also don't have eurobeat so they're shit.

yes. Only thing that bothers me is over the course of the series playing studio hot potato the show has some really bad designs. (some characters change hair and skin color by 4th stage and are sometimes unrecognizable from the manga. Sakai and Keisuke's tan fanboy get the worst).

It's a fun watch and 1st stage is up there in must watch anime.

Fuck you, Takumi vs the Pro with the EK9 was fucking great. I'd say that's where the series peaked for me.

The show lacked on girls.
But thankfully I watched this show before I transformed into an absolute waifufag

Don't worry, I got enough of that in the later stages, plus I downloaded every eurobeat song that appears in the series and put it on my phone. I actually just got in a highspeed accident today while listening to the playlist today. I think Wheel Power and Go was playing.

I feel like the later stages cover that well enough, and I really don't understand the previous user's criticism that it becomes "racing dragon ball z".

The recap movies could have been fucking great if they only had Eurobeat. What the fuck were they thinking? They had one job.

If you aren't going to experience a story in its entirety from the beginning then don't bother. First Stage was the hypest because of the charm of people discovering the monster that was Takumi and him awakening to his desire to be a racer and forging the legend of the undefeatable 86 of Akina. The others just weren't the same.

A better argument would be it becomes a racer of the week formula

Series peak is the r32 race. That's where the original premise is played out that is, a dedicated to his training kid in a light weight but underpowered car humbles an arrogant driver relying on his car more than his own skill.
That's it. That's what Initial D was about. The transition to him having to deal with courses that aren't his is ok, but by the time the engine is swapped its actually almost the dead opposite of what the original show was about.

The plot is shit, the races and ost are decent. Characters are socially retarded autists. Only mc progresses through the story and grows up, everyone else there is just for giggles. Only s1 worth watching, but s1 has horrible 3d cgi races. In s4 races look good, but plot hit the bottom completely.

Nah, First Stage is fucking amazing until the end. The race against Ryosuke and all the build up leading to it was some of the hypes shit I've ever experienced watching an animu, and I don't get hyped easily.

>end of third stage teases all gunma team going across japan
>Shows impact blue, Shingo and nakazoto racing, Emperor again.
>It's just keisuke and Takumi in 4th stage

Man,I fucking hate that this show is so popular right now.I still remember that I started watching this show because a fucking guy from a motorsports forum in my FUCKING COUNTRY told me about it.

They should really remaster First Stage with newer CGI, but I feel that a lot of the charm comes from that old, 90s CGI.

But what other logical step was next? I suppose you could argue that it wasn't necessary, or rather just supplementary to first stage, but it's not like Takumi would stop racing once he discovers he likes to. And his motivation for joining Project D are set up in 3rd stage. I think final stage is a good conclusion to the series, because he finally becomes pro.

like 5 eps then you realize every single one is the same

why are people talking about Initial D a lot all of a sudden??

OP, just watch it. The CG is ugly but once you get involved with the characters and races, it's a blast.

yes m8