what's the problem here

hahaha this is a niconico parody right

>Kinobike
Please tell me it's not kino no tabi.

This isn't kino at all ;_;

Original source of the video?

Nobody ever said that OP

Am I missing something?

It's super low on frames and they completely fucked up the shadows by not moving the lightsource with her body, which means the shadows stayed glued to her chest and literally cut of at the side like they were goddamn painted on, but other than that they paid attention to the grass on the wheel, made sure the handlebars turned reasonably well and her foot moved down at the right time and didn't clip through the foreground fixture at any point.

I'm guessing the CG model looks really off-model from the usual depiction?

Thanks kemono friends!

Reminder

In simple terms: It looks like shit

Oh wait, I just realized they didn't move the wheels at all.

Oh come the fuck on that's literally the easiest thing to do. You can draw on the grass in front of the damn wheel but you can't spin the damn wheel!?

I was going to watch this with an open mind but this kind of shit really kills any hope.

HAHAHA anime is dead

The wheels are spinning, not sure what you're on about.

You know the alternative to this is QUALITY right? It's just a pick your poison situation.

I'd pick QUALITY every time over CGI

not really. Hack/Sign proves you don't need CG or QUALITY and can still have a good anime that has zero budget

>the alternative to QUALITY is QUALITY

This is kino.

At least it doesn't have those ugly scanlines anymore

At least draw her body, this is just lazy.

smooth

For some reason I don't hate it. Maybe KF made me immune to QUALITY CGI.

That can't be real.

> animation experts: the thread

Good bait.

do you think I should watch the original or wait a week until the reboot starts airing?
judging by that webm i'm gonna guess just watch the original

>Take beautiful anime
>Decide to make another season
>Absolutely FUCK it with incredibly ugly, obvious CG in spite of all CG in anime getting bad reputation
>people continue to hate CG
>just throw more CG into everything
>people beg it to stop
>producers make more CG
WHEN WILL IT STOP

Is budget really all it takes for quality CGI or is that just a meme?

It takes skill.
Sadly nobody in japan knows how to model, let alone manipulate lighting or add decent textures.

>CLANG

could be worse

Budget to pay for the expertise and time.

It's from PV2

youtube.com/watch?v=ij21njEpveg

Any webms of good anime cgi?

dont gotta be an expert to know when something looks like garbage.

I can't remember the last anime that did cgi well.
People say Gundam 00 has cgi but I didn't notice any, in which case it would be good because it's not noticeable.

Honestly I'd take however many panning and still shots that it needed to at least make it so that Kino can actually be drawn riding her bike.

I mean shit, it's not like old Kino had a huge budget, but it still managed to at least look consistent, so what's the problem here?

Also anyone else think the backgrounds/lighting are really boring and generic? I really liked the kind of 'picture book/fairy tale' style backgrounds that were in the old one, that, and the muted colors suited the feel of the show much better.

Don't have to be an animation expert to notice something's not animated.

Bubuki Buranki
Ajin
Etotama

preemptively DROPPED.

Thanks for saving me the trouble, OP. You're an okay guy.

The good ones are usually with no people in it or you can check kado or cgi movies, I think gantz is the recent one.

I don't think the CGI looks that bad.

It looks out of place, but it's much better than what you'd find in Berserk or Hand Shakers.

The generic bloomy lighting is much more offensive to me.

Etotama is basically the best anime ever made, lurk a little more for the webms.

delete this

They nips delete frames on cgi to make it "feel" more like hand animation.
This is what they actually believe.

>it's better than some of the worse examples in recent memory
I guess that's alright then

looks like shit
fuck this trend

>People say Gundam 00 has cgi but I didn't notice any
From memory there was only CGI in Awakening of the trailblazer.

Has there ever been a time where the original was worse than the remake?

I mean, people are reacting as if this is on the same level as that shit which it clearly isn't.

If this was in a full CGI show like sonic boom it'd look fine. It just looks out of place because everything else is 2D.

Panning shots are fine if the dialogue is interesting enough. Prove me wrong you can't. CGI just looks like shit unless they apply proper lighting. It's not even hard to do. I'm sure I could do it. There's tutorials on youtube of all places

i guess we have to call it a flick now haha

Good CGI is the one you don't notice, mate.

It's from the trailer for the new remake.

HunterXHunter

DELET THIS

I've seen worse.

>2011
>better than 1999

> Panning shots are fine if the dialogue is interesting enough. Prove me wrong you can't.

I'm not shitting on panning shots, just saying that since they would obviously take less time to animate, they could then spend more time on parts that really matter, like not making it so that Kino is CG while riding on a CG bike, since it looks like shit.

Gantz O looks great.

So OP is cherry picking. Looks pretty good desu

>NBCUniversal Anime/Music
This needs to STOP

2011 had some of the best consistency in terms of animation and style that I've seen, 1999 had great direction, but it very often looked like absolute dogshit outside of those scenes.

You know, watching Kemono Friends recently really desensitized me towards this level of CG. I don't even mind something like this anymore.

is this suppose to be good or bad? I don't understand

Patlabor Reboot short is the only acceptable example I've see

>muh consistency
Consistently shit

At least with Kemono friends it was consistently CG. Kino looks to just be patching it in for parts that they couldn't finish in 2D because of time constraints or lazyness.

Nice argument

I'd rather QUALITY. At least then we can hope for fixes in the BD version

\
-me

Yes, one of the most obvious is DEEN's Fate vs. Ufotable's.

nice reddit-spacing

>posts the only shitty looking CG from the PV
The rest of the PV actually looks decent, don't let OP fool you.

Nice argument.

Wait, this looks really good for CGI.

Anything by this studio really.
youtube.com/watch?v=FDMvaEpuDcc

Nah. The rest has shitty sterile lighting.

You've already said that reddit-spacer. Daily reminder that spamming is against the rules

>they're going to do the coliseum again
Why

>Is budget really all it takes for quality CGI or is that just a meme?

Yes. Just pour half a million dollars per 20 minute episode and you're good to go.

>that difference in the backgrounds
holy shit
when did it become a standard to use completely bland, zero effort backgrounds with no mood to them at all?
just look at made in abyss, compare backgrounds in the manga to the background in anime, the latter carries absolutely zero mood, they just drew two or three templates for each area and slapped them into every scene

anime truly has greatly degraded in the last 20 years

This costs much because it is animated. Not because it has realistic lighting

Did they just drag the model across the grass?

when you read posts like >it's clear nobody on here has standards.

Though having standards doesn't really help the industry. Not that old anime are much better.

>kemonofags so brain damaged they think this is ok

The general issue with CG in modern anime is that it's used sometimes and stands out really, really bad when compared to less frames per second standard animation. Also CG animation tends to be in the uncanny valley, too smooth, without variance, very mechanical. It takes an actual budget and some time and skills to make good 3D animation (vide Hollywood movies or that Gantz webm posted in the thread).

Is that suppose to look bad?
Oh God.

thanks kemonofaggots

I said it looks decent, not great. I just think OP is really cherry-picking here to make it look a lot worse than it actually does.

First LOGH and now this, when will the pain stop?

Shaft was a mistake, it's nothing but trash

Of all shows to complain about the backgrounds you pick Abyss? The show’s background art is amazing.

You forgot that recent CCS PV

>Kino
>ain't kino at all

At least we'll be able do meme a lot with Sup Forums.