Flip Flappers S2 when??

Flip Flappers S2 when??

Other urls found in this thread:

yaraon-blog.com/archives/94973
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Never

>Cockona

Right after Princess Principal S2

You attached an Ange pic to your post, but that is more likely than FliFla getting some more material.

That's Alice

god what an obnoxious looking shit

Stop looking in mirrors.

FlipFlap came 1st, so it should get a second season before Pripri

more like, Flip FLOPPERS lmao

>flip floppers flopped
>princess floppers sold more but still flopped compared to actually successful original shows

When will 3hz catch a break?

>princess floppers sold more but still flopped compared to actually successful original shows
You've really run out of things to say against this show, haven't you?

After Fractale season 2.

Would be better to say that, at the moment, 3hz can't sell without help (Actas in this case). All of their solo shows so far flopped.

>hating on the most beautiful girl

Edge triggered.

Cocona's body is a miracle of the universe.

Flippity Flappers needs no season2.
It would sever no porpoise

Go back and remake the second half first and make it not a boring as shit Eva ripoff. Then we can talk about a second season.

The plot has concluded so I wouldn't expect 2nd season.
It was a really good show imo
gif related

I need a webm of this gif.

It's dead Jim.

Never, bad show that was terrible at explaining things. This is the anime equivalent of a media arts project.

>a visual media uses show don't tell and visual story telling
>somehow bad
Brainlet, brainlet, tondeke!

>user gave a legitimate criticism of the show
>a fan of the show replies with an ad hominem and doesn't even properly reply to the post
And that is why the Flip Flappers fanbase is hated by many people. Even legitimate, non-bait criticism is frowned upon.

Well, he doesn't specify what and how exactly it does explain terribly, so there wasn't much to respond to.
Also, this isn't an ad-hom. Insults aren't ad-hom.

Yeah, but in any case, the response wasn't appropriate considering the criticism wasn't a shitpost.

>he doesn't specify what and how exactly it does explain terribly
It could be argued that plot points weren't explained properly, like Papika's past.

I want to know what happened to her.

Didn't thought that it was a shitpost, but it didn't lend itself well to a discussion. Of course I could have asked what he means by this, but I felt baity today.
>It could be argued that plot points weren't explained properly, like Papika's past
That's one of the few that's not very well explained, but I don't think it needs to be expanded upon to understand the story.

You are free to believe this. It's a free country after all.

Shouldn't 3hz shows come with a warning?
"Do not watch if IQ below 120"
Would spare all those brainlets unfairly shitting on Flip Flap because they aren't smart enough to understand it.

The second half can't be remade. It was perfect in the sense which it was meant to be.

Guys, I think I just found out episode 7 probably drew inspiration from Tarkovsky's Solaris.

>It was perfect
Maybe if this scene wasn't all key animations.

It was the remaining staff making up shit after Yunico Ayana peaced out and it couldn't possibly be more obvious that's the case.

you know, one would have been more sympathetic to Yayaka if the damage had been permanent and kept the eye-patch.

Not criticism, and no frowning upon.
Being terrible at explaining things or being a media arts project can be quite a good thing. Taking offence at nonspecific labels only reveals your own assumption.

>Yunico
They had problems but you're wrong from the very first fact.

Gokigenyou YYK is the cutest.

There is a lot of references in Flip Flappers.
Not only from other anime series but also from popular Hollywood movies.
I think it is well designed series.
Swimsuit mecha episode was one of the finest.

Is Yayaka the biggest cuck in anime?

I enjoyed it for reasons.

Put down evidence or shut up. Do you think it's coincidental that the downhill slide in storytelling started immediately after her last episode?

>references
Not reference. The whole story concept of episode 7 is quite similar to the setting in Solaris. It's the concept of an id-machine, a mechanism that materializes unconscious conceptions and fantasies into physical existence. I don't see this setting appear often in anime. Last time it was Shinsekai Yori's Karma demon.

It doesn't matter if they flop if they're good shows.

Succeeding in this environment almost means you're a bad show.

Yeah, me too.

Actually, no. yaraon-blog.com/archives/94973

I'm sorry

Can't even get the name right why you still talking?
It was made very clear in several interviews her leave was planned from start and she finished the whole outline before leaving. There were some unplanned changes because of unforeseen circumstances, which were speculah'd into some conspiracy by 2ch shitposts like this
which couldn't be further from the truth.
The specific reason for her was never specifically mentioned. The most logical explanation to date is that the latter half was meant to have a theme of confronting mother issues. Yuniko was never good at writing this. The other writer was actually good at writing this subject, even though he was somehow heavy-handed.
So, stop sucking up year-old 2ch shitposts and actually look up some sources.

The story boards have been drawn before they started animating. The shows whole outline was created together with Yunico. They switched the writer, which in this case is just dialogues and other more basic things, because the other one was supposed to be better at drama.

First 2/3: 10/10
Last 1/3: 6/10

Cocona likes delinquents

I by no means am a filmatographic expert or something, but this sums up my feelings pretty accurately for the show (except I'd give the second half a 7 and the first half a 9).

It feels like especially the last two episodes were hastily making a coherent ending to something that had been purposefully built up very slowly over the first few episodes.

It took me at least 5 episodes or something to get a grasp on what the fuck was going on. I liked that sense of wonder and slowly revealing but that's why the last 2 episodes felt out of touch with the rest of the show.

Can anyone explain to me why this is not the case/a good thing?

Sorry for this terrible spacing.

That's the whole point, the first part felt like a bizarre adventure through an alternate dimension,the plot felt much bigger too.
But the directing just had to devolve into predictable yurishit and mommy issues.

Also, drinking game.
I dare anyone to take a sippy everytime cocona is mentioned.
You'll be hospital-ripe in 5 minutes.

One of the major theme set from the start is mother issues, or to be specific, maternal duality. This is terribly, terribly difficult to write and get right. The main writer Yuniko definitely couldn't handle it, and actually she wasn't really good at anything drama heavy. The other writer was also not exactly top notch. I think in the entire anime history the issue of maternal duality wasn't really explored. The closest thing that came to mind is Asuka's mother in Eva, which was presented very well, much better than FliFla but its message was not as insightful as what FliFla tried to achieve. So I'd say FliFla was too ambitious in trying to convey the message about maternal duality which would probably require poetry-level writing to get right. The reason people didn't like was not anything technical; it was quite inevitable from the get-go. Who wants to give a shit about mother issues in anime when they've already had so much in reality? Unless an appropriately traumatic story backdrop was provided, in which case this was impossible for FliFla to attain considering its general emotional atmosphere.

Is it me or most of this show's fans are hipsters? All this talk about "sales don't matter", "only bad shows sell", and "those who didn't like it weren't smart enough" sound like what hipsters would say.

Just you.

It's somewhat standard procedure for anime to have the story resolved in the final episodes. It was all about Coconas development and how Papika pulled her out of her shell, as well as how her parents influenced/tried to influence her development, something she had to free herself from. Pic related is Mimi, she was always present.

That makes a lot of sense, thanks.
Think I'll rewatch it sometime in the near future. It's almost been a year and it's typically an anime that deserves a second watch.

It's probably for the best that it doesn't get one. It reached a pretty solid conclusion.

I wanted it to be more about Papika, she was barely treated as a main character during some episodes.

Meanwhile the girl who does the least gets all the spotlight.

Can't believe people actually watched this flip faggot garbage past the first three episodes.

It had its interesting moments, and the music was really good. If anything, you'd want to keep watching just to see what would happen next. Shame the execution ended up being lacking.

Papika is the signature of Yuniko's character building skills. Hyperactive and idiosyncratic. Kasumi Toyama is the Papika-equivalent in Yuniko's other show BangDream. There are other similar magic moments in Shokomeza and Locodol but just not in a single character.

>It reached a pretty solid conclusion
Yeah, I honestly don't know what people were expecting. Of course it was not perfect, but it delivered some great scenes, Yayakas Henshin had a happy ending, right after a dark moment of doubt, Salts PI answered most important questions, resolved the conflict.

/u/-fags probably wanted a kiss, personally I expected an overall darker ending. But endlessly shitposting because the ending didn't cater to my specific headcanon, or whatever expectations I made up in my mind, is somewhat stupid. I appreciate this show for what it wanted to do from the very beginning.

I saw someone trying to compare 18if to this. Dream worlds and Alice in wonderland, right?
I marathoned the first episode and threw up in my mouth. If you want to see what actual garbage looks like, try it.

a cute

Did PPK bring CCN's wall down?

I literally just finished it and I'm not quite sure what the fuck I watched. The only I really got was some hammered home message about not being a possessive parent. Also was Salt Cocona's dad? There were some implications in dialogue that suggests he knocked up Mimi.

No, she ate her placenta.

>Also was Salt Cocona's dad?
What the fuck do you think was all that about?

>Also was Salt Cocona's dad?

>not being a possessive parent
That's a simplistic reading. Possessive is caring. Caring is possessive. Inseparable two sides of the same thing. And how you grow out of it.
The other thing is how perspective shapes perception. Some kind of relativism practice.

It was hard to think about when I was still trying to figure how Papika became a high school aged student again and who exactly the magic KKK was.

2deep4me.

>the giant phallic tower that maintains the status quo is kept hidden away by its inhabitants who appear refined but are little more than empty husks
Was episode five a commentary on the all-girl catholic boarding schools and the Class-S genre? Also, the PI was created by the girls in Cocona's school, right?

>brainlet

>Was episode five a commentary on the all-girl catholic boarding schools and the Class-S genre?
Rather the class-s genre, but yes. Certainly.
>Also, the PI was created by the girls in Cocona's school, right?
A popular theory is that it's the twins PI. No idea if we ever got any official statements about what PI belongs to who, so it's up to speculation.

I think the typical reading was it was a critique of the lack of growth in Class S yuri. The basis of that PI is still ambiguous. No definitive answer so far.

Flip flop was boring as fuck and ended poorly. Pripri was the definition of wasted potential and also ended poorly. I'll never understand why Sup Forums had a boner for either show.

I understood pretty much everything really. I just wasn't sure if Mimi had gotten pregnant in her year away from the facility, or if it was Salt that did it. He never really acknowledges Cocona as his daughter, and Papika who had should have known since she regained her memories didn't mention it either. The ending was rushed for sure.

You'd think a girl who was basically an orphan and suddenly found out her mom is either dead, trapped, or God in an alternate reality would want to know who her surviving parent is. I liked the subtlety of it, but the way they left was almost ambiguous.

Fliflafags are definitely the hipsters of Sup Forums, these threads are full of pretentious faggots licking their own asses.

>I understood pretty much everything really
>thinks Cocona was an orphan

Her grandma was a robot or she spent the first 6 or 7 years of her life in another pure illusion factory without knowing it. Salt certainly didn't raise her and those doctors weren't her guardians.

>I just wasn't sure if Mimi
You weren't paying full attention to this. There was no exposition but there was also no ambiguity about this.

>would want to know who her surviving parent is
Not really if you grow up without that attachment and emotional identification.

You have a really wide definition of "orphan" then. We don't know everything about Coconas past, just that someone told her that her parents died, of which she has no memories, and why should she, she barely knew them as a child. So for all she remembers she was raised by granny-bot, no evidence for PI shenangigans on her part.

If I wasn't paying attention I wouldn't have asked the question in the first place. I just wanted to be sure.

Then you can trust your inference next time. There is no catch here. It's not a mind game.

I hope never.

Flip Flappers doesn't need a S2, it was for better or for worse a complete experience. It had a theme that it expounded on and delivered a rather conclusive finale. Would it have been great with more PI adventures and episodic shenanigans? Sure it would. But the story is done, there is nothing more to be developed here.

Conversely, shows like Princess Principal are written as obvious two parter series. They don't work as a single season because the writers never intended it to be just that.

>YouTubers don't talk about FLFL
>cries about p/a/tricians who enjoy this show are hipsters
You faggots never fail to disappoint.

But it can't be explained why 3hz participated in the production of pripri if it's not for flifla s2.