90% of reddit hasn't read this manifesto--and that's a problem

>all these retarded soyboys are reading Juden Peterson's 6 million steps to self-help books
>I polish off Ted Kaczynski's manifesto in a night and get my life REALLY sorted out

Seriously faggots, how have none of you read the Unabomber's manifesto. It's actually a startlingly accurate commentary on the state of modern liberalism. Even more interesting is the fact that this was written in 1995.

>Link:
editions-hache.com/essais/pdf/kaczynski2.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

cypherpunks.to/faq/cyphernomicron/cyphernomicon.html
editions-hache.com/essais/pdf/kaczynski2.pdf
theanarchistlibrary.org/library/ted-kaczynski-the-system-s-neatest-trick
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Some excerpts:

35. Everyone has goals; if nothing else, to obtain the
physical necessities of life: food, water and whatever clothing
and shelter are made necessary by the climate. But
the leisured aristocrat obtains these things without effort.
Hence his boredom and demoralization.
36. Nonattainment of important goals results in death
if the goals are physical necessities, and in frustration if
non-attainment of the goals is compatible with survival.
Consistent failure to attain goals throughout life results in
defeatism, low self-esteem or depression.
37. Thus, in order to avoid serious psychological problems,
a human being needs goals whose attainment requires
effort, and he must have a reasonable rate of success
in attaining his goals.

>On the Modern Left:

26. Oversocialization can lead to low self-esteem, a
sense of powerlessness, defeatism, guilt, etc. One of the
most important means by which our society socializes
children is by making them feel ashamed of behavior or
speech that is contrary to society’s expectations. If this is
overdone, or if a particular child is especially susceptible
to such feelings, he ends by feeling ashamed of HIMSELF.
Moreover the thought and the behavior of the oversocialized
person are more restricted by society’s expectations
than are those of the lightly socialized person. The majority
of people engage in a significant amount of naughty
behavior. They lie, they commit petty thefts, they break
traffic laws, they goof off at work, they hate someone, they
say spiteful things or they use some underhanded trick to
get ahead of the other guy. The oversocialized person cannot
do these things, or if he does do them he generates
in himself a sense of shame and self-hatred. The oversocialized
person cannot even experience, without guilt,
thoughts or feelings that are contrary to the accepted morality;
he cannot think “unclean” thoughts. And socialization
is not just a matter of morality; we are socialized to
conform to many norms of behavior that do not fall under
the heading of morality. Thus the oversocialized person is
kept on a psychological leash and spends his life running
on rails that society has laid down for him. In many oversocialized
people this results in a sense of constraint and
powerlessness that can be a severe hardship. We suggest
that oversocialization is among the more serious cruelties
that human being inflict on one another.

27. We argue that a very important and influential segment
of the modern left is oversocialized and that their
oversocialization is of great importance in determining
the direction of modern leftism. Leftists of the oversocialized
type tend to be intellectuals or members of the
upper-middle class. Notice that university intellectuals [3]
constitute the most highly socialized segment of our society
and also the most leftwing segment.

I did read it. It is interesting, and it does accurately predict much of modern liberalism. Not sure how it "improved your life" when it has nothing to do with personal improvement or health. Just had to do with predicting problems with advancement in technology and the mindset of liberals deriding male strength and their attitudes towards other races.

bump
I've read bits and pieces and read that one biography user's thing about him, do I really need the whole thing?

Have a bump op. I read it last year and then again after watching the Netflix special on him.

Yes let us soak in the mad ramblings of murderers...
This is a GREAT plan

This is how I feel about the Cyphernomicon

cypherpunks.to/faq/cyphernomicron/cyphernomicon.html

>(((Peterson)))
>or the Unabomber
>pick one and only one, goy
That's, uh, real nice, leaf. Good post.

>the whole thing?
>30 pages
Sup Forums: the post

I read it and came to conclusion that he's a retard. He is extremely short-sighted, much like the average Sup Forums user who doesn't have life experience beyond online forums and gaming.

For example, he comes to the conclusion that technology is the origin of all of modernity's problems, therefore we should abolish all technology and live like cavemen. Ironically, his soyboy ass would be the first one to burst into tears without electricity, running water, vehicles, etc.

>glowing this hard

He did nothing wrong.

He’s a raging faggot afraid of fire. Fuck that kike.

Great read. The dude is a genius.

looks like ned stark

>Ironically, his soyboy ass would be the first one to burst into tears without electricity, running water, vehicles, etc.
And maybe he was capable enough of non-personal thought to allow himself to think in an intellectually honest manner? My short-comings don't render me unable to think and formulate ideas in areas affected by them and they don't prevent me from seeing merit and gain for the society where I myself may not thrive. Stop with this individualist, egoistic mindset, it's the root of modern political and sociological problems.

>trying to reason with a mutt
I feel ya, Polan.

He lived in a cabin without running water for years you fucking mong

You are fucking retarded. He lived innawoods without electricity, running water, or vehicles.

>A redddit thread
When need a way to purge all you redddit refugees.

i'm reading it now make a thread tomorrow and i'll let you know how i feel

Reading now
It's like reading Sup Forums if Sup Forums was organized and articulate

>I read it and came to conclusion that he's a retard
I believe the latter, not so much the former

>editions-hache.com/essais/pdf/kaczynski2.pdf

his backstory of ptsd from harvard mind control experiment is very interesting, he had a true revenge motive

>not reading his new book that came out during the middle of election happenings.

That is still a far cry from what he was proposing.

Technology is not the problem, it is the death of god which has stolen our meaning.

...ummmm yea. This.

He lived in a shack without any of that stuff for years and worked odd jobs to get the absolute basics of society. How is he a soyboy?

do you have "life experience" beyond writing moron-level misrepresentations of something you haven't read and whose author you are confusing with your prep school roommate

I think Ted nails a lot of negative aspects of modernity, but he might underestimate the extent to which some humans have adapted to it. Evolution can happen quickly.

I like his analysis of leftism, but in the past couple years I've moved away from psychoanalysis. I think leftists and conservatives differ for mostly genetic reasons. Leftists are doomed to be soyboys in a modern environment. They're scum, but they don't choose to be scum.

Its a great read. The most important thing is the power process. Technology made human beings basically useless. Technology, and big instituions controlling it, are now
responsible for ensuring basically survival and comfort. Hence, man escapes into invented power processes, like sport or politics. He is way better in describing it. Basically WE are not in control anymore. Technology is. His revolution to strip away every technology (besides local one, ie farming equipment) is delusional at best.
Thats why we have to use Google and Jewtube and Smartphones. Technology is shaping our world and makes our life easier and more comfortable. Less friction in life means more productivity and that means we can compete and that ensures our survival. Thats why we are fucked. Victim of our own human nature.

We can definitely de-scale technology. You just aren't thinking why more growth is necessarily better, we all die eventually.

The man is a genius and anyone on Sup Forums who haven't read it is a hack

>Oversocialization can lead to low self-esteem, a
>sense of powerlessness, defeatism, guilt, etc. One of the
>most important means by which our society socializes
>children is by making them feel ashamed of behavior or
>speech that is contrary to society’s expectations. If this is
>overdone, or if a particular child is especially susceptible
>to such feelings, he ends by feeling ashamed of HIMSELF.
>Moreover the thought and the behavior of the oversocialized
>person are more restricted by society’s expectations
>than are those of the lightly socialized person

He stated it what, 15 years before Facebook?

>his soyboy ass would be the first one to burst into tears without electricity, running water, vehicles, etc.

Thats a fucking nice bait.

Recurrence exists for the Leftist.

Their existence is punishment, they shunned disparity, uncertainty, and free will. Why do you think they are so masochistic, and prone to committing violence. They seek the release of death.

Too bad for them, it's not that easy, they still cannot recognize their original sin.

>is the fact that this was written in 1995
I'd wager the ideas are much older than that. His opinions on technology were torn apart during his MK Ultra sessions, by which time he had studied Jaques Ellul and others, I believe. Being a professor at Berkely in the sixties had to have an impact, too.

How is it? Got it in pdf, but I have so many in pdf and I hate reading on the computer. Would you recommend it?

>He stated it what, 15 years before Facebook?
His brother noticed ideas he had been writing about for years, so I think he had this figured out long before that.

Can someone tell me if MANHUNT: UNABOMBER is worth watching or just some shitty FBI propaganda

There was some really bad acting (Ted's Mom) but the series was excellent. I was surprised at the sympathetic tone toward Uncle Ted. Also interesting how in the show the motivation of the government to portray him as crazy is meant to delegitimize is ideas (ISAIF). Worth the watch in my estimation.

>His brother noticed ideas he had been writing about for years
Noticed the similarities between the manifesto and what his brother had been saying/writing for years, is what I meant to say.

Thanks for the link. I hadn't read it.

>90% of reddit

FUCK YOU SHILL

Searching for that manifesto online will get your IP address flagged permanently.

Good. The system can go to hell for all i care. Tempted to start a Kaczynski fan club at my uni tbqhqyf

it was printed by the new york times, who cares?

Says the guy that visits Sup Forums.

> muh sekrit club
This place is 90% disinfo and is about as edgy as reddit. You're far more likely to get the Feds knocking on your door by posting in """"right-wing"""" discords

He said flagged not vanned.

i like it

I agree with op and if you want to understand the industrial worlds effect on society you should read it.

How to kill leftism 101: The article
>theanarchistlibrary.org/library/ted-kaczynski-the-system-s-neatest-trick