Let's just have one thread to get this all out of the way

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-09-27/makoto-shinkai-your-name-film-gets-live-action-hollywood-adaptation/.121958
>Paramount Pictures and J. J. Abrams' Bad Robot Productions are producing a live-action Hollywood adaptation of Makoto Shinkai's your name. (Kimi no Na wa.) anime film. Abrams (Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens) and Lindsey Weber from Bad Robot will produce the film alongside Genki Kawamura, the original film's producer. Academy Award-nominated screenwriter Eric Heisserer (Arrival, Final Destination 5) is penning the script. Paramount and Bad Robot will work with original producer TOHO, who will distribute the film in Japan.

It's never going to happen. It's going to die before it ever even reaches production hell. There's nothing to get upset about. There's no need to shitpost.

Feel free to sage.

>It's never going to happen. It's going to die before it ever even reaches production hell. There's nothing to get upset about. There's no need to shitpost.

You underestimate the power of keit-ai

>one thread
and for some reason you want that one thread to be your thread. Just post in one of several others already there you insecure spamming fuck.

Sup Forums doesn't listen to logic, user. they see a jewish guy and throw a shit fit, period. doesn't matter the board or topic.

Disregard this Last thread is at bump limit. Have your one thread and keep to it.

>he ruined Star Wars
>now he will ruin anime too

What made so popular this anime was the ost.

>*breathes in*

MALE LEAD: BLACK
FEMALE LEAD: WHITE

I guarantee it. Just wait.

I genuinely didn't see the first thread, for what it's worth. And I still forget to use the search function.

Outside of Sup Forums though, it doesn't have to be a Jewish guy. Just the mention of "hollywood" and everyone would play the "find the progressivism" game.

Wrong. Fuck Sup Forums

Whats Sup Forums got to do with it? I don't hate jews but i hate these weenerstein assholes making awful adaptations.
These hollywood types have no respect for anime or beloved franchises in general.

I like anime, not live action. I'm not going to watch this, just like I haven't watched adaptations of any other anime.

They are just taking stuff I like and moving them into a less interesting medium. Not sure why they expect me to fall for it, but they just keep trying.

Post yfw the adaptation turns out better than the original.

> Eric Heisserer (Arrival, Final Destination 5) is penning the script.
Well I mean obviously.

I will literally have no face, because my head will have exploded.

Who cares this shit is aimed to normalfags.

damn, trips confirmed

Wasn't the anime rushed a little though.
I thought that the director wanted to spend more time on it.

>I don't hate jews but
>weenerstein

right

Start of the movie:
>AY YOOOOOOOO NIGGA I GOT DEM A$$$ AND TIDDAYS NOW SHIEEEET
>AWWW HELLL NAWWW OH NO YOU DI'INT JUST TOUCH MAH BOOTY

Middle of the movie:
>SHIIEEEEET BEING A BITCH IS SO GOT DAM HARD YO
>WHY ALL MEN GOTTA BE ALL SEXIST AN SHIET? JUST LET ME BE A STRONG BLACK WOMAN IN A MANS BODY

End of the movie:
>Standing over Donald Trump's bloody, desecrated corpse
>FUCK DRUMPF AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

This. The remake shouldn't even be a thing but you are all such faggots for thinking it's gonna be out tomorrow. There's a good chance that it could be cancelled or not and we have yet to hear a word from Shinkai about it. Besides, they've got one of the original producers on the team.

anime is dead

this shouldn't even be a thing

Please use a Japanese cast, otherwise it will be guaranteed shit.

>I thought that the director wanted to spend more time on it.
Shinkai has said he didn't get to include everything he wanted to.

But that's a common complaint among creators. Such statements don't mean a project was rushed. On the contrary, without time constraints, a lot of works would never have come to be precisely because the original mind behind it would keep insisting on endless refinement.

The fact that they even bothered considering this is a MASSIVE redflag that the jews in hollywood are starting to put their claws around japanese media.

>Basically saying they shouldn't do it because it's more related to a Japanese story.
>This is going to be horrible. Americans rip-off Japanese stories for their own greed. And it's going to be played by white people instead of Japanese.
>Do they even know the actual story? (this is a rough translate)
>Please stop it.

>heart pupils

What did he mean by this?

>we have yet to hear a word from Shinkai about it

>Regarding the new film, Shinkai said, "your name. is a film created with the innate imaginations of a Japanese team and put together in a domestic medium. When such a work is imbued with Hollywood filmmaking, we may see new possibilities that we had been completely unaware of. I am looking forward to the live-action film with excited anticipation."

Lol he sounds naive. Abrams is the worst.

>let's just have one thread to get this all out of the way.
Best joke I've heard all week.

Did you read the second half of my post? Besides, Japan's been reacting pretty poorly to the news (so far), and they're also good at telling foreigners to MYOB.

Fuck I hate western piggus

Ah I see.
Now that I think about it I use that excuse all the time.

After Netflix Death Note & Dragon Ball Evolution, they have every right to be suspicious.

um, did you just assume the genders of the leads?

So do I.

It will flop. Abrams is really not as big a name as you give him credit. The financial success of Star Trek, LIST, and Star Wars have nothing to do with him being attached to the projects and everything to do with those franchises being fucking massive to begin with.

How are lines and colors this cute?
Mitsuha is so fucking adorable, my God.

Sup Forums seems to forget some 80% of anime live action adaptations never even make it to pre production

Even if the adaptation is bad, who cares? It doesn't affect the quality of the anime.

This is entirely true.

It will flop. Abrams is really not as big a name as you give him credit. The financial success of Star Trek, LOST, and Star Wars have nothing to do with him being attached to the projects and everything to do with those franchises being fucking massive to begin with.

Madoka by Guillermo del Toro when?

And to think Funimation completely botched the statewide release. They had no idea how to capitalize on how big and successful it was.

Keit Ai its time to stop finding a way

When it's nip studios. When the Americans get their greedy claws into something they don't stop until it's dead

It could mean anything, as he can't as of now openly badmouth film makers who would derive from his film.

>new possibilities that we had been completely unaware
>with excited anticipation

Whether the results be a totally fresh resolution of the original premise or a vivid lesson on what not to do, it can only be good for Shinkai.

let's be real, Edge of Tomorrow was pretty good

I'm still predicting Sony is going to organize a wide re-release at some point. This adaptation might prove to be a supreme opportunity for them.

Did you just copy my post from the last thread?

This. Japan will continue to make things for their own audience. If you think that this will automatically cause them to turn around, snub their people and culture, and pander to foreigners, you have another guess coming.
As I mentioned in the last thread, The West had a chance of being more important to the anime industry during the early-mid 00s boom. That chance is gone. China is more important than anything over here to Japan these days.

I don'r mind with the adaptation. Meme no Wa is shit anyway

>Jews ruin everything

Sounds right.

>Unable to confess

Sorry, I thought it was a good post, given that franchise matters more than who produced it. Keep up the optimism.

Yeah, the world would have been better off without Albert Einstein.

>being this much of a faggot

>Paramount Pictures and J. J. Abrams' Bad Robot Productions are producing a live-action Hollywood adaptation of Makoto Shinkai's your name.
Why must jews ruin everything we love?

I fucking hope so. Even my normalfag sister went to see this film before I knew and told me it was her favorite film so far this year. And she hates cartoon shit.

If even she could like this, millions would. Funimation are a bunch of retarded fucks who would think a .999 pure gold ignot in front of them is a bar of frozen piss.

How would Hollywood inject their cancerous sjw propaganda in this one?

That's fine. I was just confused for a second there.

>No nukes
>The good guys would have won.

Damn, you're right.

it's going to be about trans rights. The main couple is going to realize they identify as the opposite gender, and how oppressed they are.

oh it'll happen. and it'll bomb. and Abrams won't be held accountable they'll pin it on a shabbos goy like the male lead, or the weebs for "not leaving the basement due to racism or shit"

Isn't it abot boy and girl body swapping. Well...

Also, the anime that gets explicitly made with a Western audience in mind has a tendency to be decent at worst, and often pretty good. Success in North America was how Escaflowne got a movie and The Big O got finished.

At least Japs still have their shit together.
Thanks Japs.

>Why must Sup Forumsniggers ruin everything we love?

Some questions can never be answered.

It's JJ style!

Probably why sjws ruin everything as well.

Thanks for contributing the sole decent post of this thread.

So what are they going to replace the very Japanese Shinto rituals with (e.g., the sacred sake)? There is no American equivalent to that.

Cuckoldry

>muh Sup Forums boogeyman
Good goy!

GAIJIN KNOW YOUR PLACE
WHITE PIGGU GO HOMUUUU

Fuck off, you dumb kike

I agree that Funimation didn't know how to handle promotion for the movie. But I'm not sure that any other stateside marketing team would have done any better--and Funimation had the benefit of anime experience.

But now with the benefit of hindsight, and abundant evidence that normalfags can love it, as you say, perhaps it will be a different matter.

kek

Without having any knowledge of specifics, I imagine there are some interesting Native American traditions that could be used instead. Of course, even if I'm right, using them on screen would ignite a giant SJW triggering war.

>native American culture

There

back to Sup Forums with ye

>There are people on Sup Forums right now defending this shit
Fuck off Jewllywood shills.

Of all the things to make live-action, why this?
Ghost in the Shell turned out badly, but I at least understand wanting to see the future stuff/sci-fi stuff/action in realistic CGI.

But what is gained by making a movie like this live-action?

>Shinkai fell for the shekels
dumb nip fetishist

Because it's a nice story.

Appeal to roasties

So why not just watch the original movie?

>密汁哈一定是尼哥
>男角是尼哥然後換到女角身上講話應該會笑到歪掉
>你的黑人
>你的景甜
>你的尼哥
>配角必須有一個黑人 亞裔跟拉丁美洲人而且是同性戀

Even the Chinese are making fun of (((Hollywood)))

because it already porved it can make bank and that's all hollywood cares about
YA novel adaptions are in right now too
they asked him months ago about an adaption and he said it doesn't bother him if they do it but he won't be involved at all
ultimately it's not really his decision anyway.

Thats ironic because they own it.

>but I at least understand wanting to see the future stuff/sci-fi stuff/action in realistic CGI.
You may as well as why an idea like Your Name was realized as animation.

I'm not keen on this adaptation, but the rationale is there. The movie was extremely well-received, and the premise is internationally transferable.

>MAJI DE FUCKIN' DA ZE

Japanese interpretations of English cussing bring me so much happiness.

Reading subtitles is too hard for casuals.

I thought it was a little weird that they'd even mention the second one, too.

>你的尼哥
Does that say phonetically what I think it says...

kys kike/fag/mentally ill tranny

>You may as well ask