Requiem for the Phantom

Anyone actually watched this shit? i feel like im the only person on the planet thats seen it.

Yes.

Same. I enjoyed it quite a bit years ago, but I've never seen it discussed here

The VN is better

No one ive ever talked to has heard of it. really enjoyed it aswell, it was well made.

Despite being one of my favorite anime of all time, I can't rate it above a 6/10.

I actually didn't have many faults with it. ending was a bit meh, but not dismiss-able. ost was nice, characters were good and the visuals were nice. not like rezero where it wasnt amazingly made, but was still good to watch.

But she killed him. After everything he did for her

I can't really say that much now, but I'll probably rewatch it in the near future now that you've reminded me its existence

I enjoyed it

ein didnt kill him, not sure what ure talking about

Vns are always better. its a rule of thumb. they have about 30 more hours to work with on average

Wait what. Didnt they go to her home country and then she shot him? Or am i wrong?

You idiot. Zwei was shot by an assassin and Ein killed herself

XD not even close lmfao

9/10. This shit has ruined me for months. I had to skip a few days at the college to deal with this.

Weak

honestly didnt think the ending was that sad. the cal stuff was pretty sad, but the ending felt like the only appropriate ending. i mean they did kill tons of innocent people, why should they live on happily?

I dont remember either of those names! Are u guys fucking with me or did i zone out and make my own story!?

yeah i think ure at the wrong place lol. pls take another bottle.

edgi
I didn't pay attention at the ending. This show ends with Cal. Nobody else matters.

Fuck now i gotta rewatch it to remember what happened :(

fair call. she was a fantastic character, even if i still did like ein. too bad she only really got 2 arcs ;/

Why was Cal so best guys?

Sup Forums talked about it while it aired. /jp/ talked about the visual novels on pc/xbox.

>he wasn't here while it was airing

worth. it was a fun watch, if a little feelsy.
she was just an interesting character, with tons of progression, even if it was off screen.

relate. only found it by accident like 2 weeks ago.

Remember that line about her dress? Can't get it out of my head, it haunts me. I'd buy her a hundred of dresses. Damn I feel unhappy about her.

Ohhhh assassins killed him and she commits suicide. This whole time i thought she killed him for some reason.
After all these years im not mad at her anymore :)

glad theres one happy ending in all this. congrats

>instead of using Ein's true ending they decided to shit on the entire show
Still mad.
It was what, 10 years now?

yeah it'd be close. didnt mind that ending. it was no nice cosy happy ending, but hey they didnt really deserve one. and honestly i think they just ran out of production time.

I hate the timeskip growth spurt. Worst thing in anime.

yeah that wasn't great. it would have been nice if theyd included an ova about cals growth, but i guess those fucking specials took precedence ;/

it was such a fucking trainwreck but it was such a fucking fun ride

Don't use emoji on Sup Forums

>tfw first time watching it was after Welcome to the NHK

They actualli alive at the end of the manga so this is just some trolling from the director.

What’s the true ending?

The only true ending for Zwei is death, even he realizes that.

yes
its awful

I mean, death is the true ending for everyone.

OP is a balant newfag

but nowadays 80% of Sup Forums weren't here last year.

honestly I was fishing for interest. no one irl* i know has watched it.

but yes i am newfag. experience garnering starts somewhere.

It's a alright adaption. I remember watching it in highschool and it was pretty fun to watch still mad about the ending when the bad guy wins.

It's almost close to Ein's true end but the main girl in each of her true end survives up to that point. Ein and Zwei's death were anime original. I remember calling it bullshit when it aired but after all these years I think it's appropriate but still left a bad taste.

"Lurk moar" isn't a meme. You should go read threads before posting to get a gist of the lingo but don't mind the shitpost hazing too much or else if it's too much for you Sup Forums isn't a site for you.

I did but I managed to miss some stuff. and I have been lurking a ton, just obv. not enough.

I love
That's my favorite gen work

Don't use abbreviations either. Emoticons and abbreviations are seen as lazy and inferior to reaction pics which means it's a unspoken rule to just post clear and comprehensive sentences.

Back on topic, you should definitely try the VN if you didn't since it expands a lot on what the anime missed, especially if you like the other girls like Cal. Most of their true ends are happy endings and the anime does a decent job showing Ein's true end barring the fact that they were assassinated by Lelouch.

Kind regards for the info. I shall tackle this learning curve quickly.
And yes the VNG was good, but I was still pretty happy with what the anime did in 8 or so hours.

The last arc with Cal broke my heart. And then to have it all end with them dying was something which really angered me after I first watched it. Oddly enough though, in retrospect I've come to really appreciate the show.

They are in two completely different places watch it again, he gots shot in the back while shes playing somewhere in the fields in flowers and shit.

Yes and it's great until part 3 which is total shit.

I watched it for the girl, it was ok

Yes, don't watch it its a fucking waste of time.