HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-09-27/makoto-shinkai-your-name-film-gets-live-action-hollywood-adaptation/.121958

Other urls found in this thread:

knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

DAIZ FINDS A WAY!

not this shit again
>anime becomes popular
>hollywood decides to make an adaptation of said anime
>it ends up sucking
how have they not learned yet

Because it makes money, and that's all they care about.

Is there a photo of Daiz with hair? He always looks like a cancer patient

>Produced by JJ Abrams, written by Hessenger (writer for Arrival)

Maybe it won't be shit? I mean, every single experience I've ever had in my entire life tells me it's going to be shit, but those guys can make decent movies. And they're also heavily involving the original producer.

>J. J. Abrams involved
I can't even be mad.
This is gonna be Netflix Death Note tier

He trained so hard to encode videos in 10 bit that all his hair fell out permanently.

It'll be serviceable at best. The problem is that Kimi no Na wa. is already a masterpiece and didn't need a remake.

What is he responsible for again?

>Netflix Death Note tier

come on now, nothing can be that bad. They could just play the opening song of your name over dragonball evolution and it wouldn't be that bad.

>makes money
>flops

It's like they hate money if they keep chasing after the "anime is the next capeshit" meme.

Lately he's responsible for Neo Yokio, Tatsuki getting fired, One Punch Man having its second season done by JC Staff, and now this. The list needs to be updated.

the problem isn't with adapting anime, it's with adapting japanese works. You can see the same shit with all the japanese horror hollywood tried to reproduce. They just really don't understand how japanese scripts, plots, and blocking are done. And while those things are in no way superior to normal western storytelling techniques, they are integral to the media that was originally produced. All their shit is made around their concept of how things are done. It doesn't work in other styles.

GiS only made like 1/3 of it's target in opening week.
For my sake they can keep trying until they get tired of it.

Live action Haruhi S3 when?
David Lynch recently got Twin Peaks a new season after a 27 year gap, obviously he'd be the best director for the job.

Oh god please no. When will they understand that this shit is not working. Do they have to corrupt every sucesfull anime that comes out with their bullshit hollywood movies?

no, the problem is that its shitty irredeemable melodrama.

Fuck off KyoAnuslicker.

but kyoani is shit too

Daiz falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well. But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, he realizes the girl he called doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is One Punch Man's alternate universe counterpart that's genderbent, One Punch Woman, who has fallen in love with her own male self.

Hijinks ensue after Saitama punches a hole to the alternate dimension in order to conquer the heart his female self. While the two finds their way into their respective dimensions, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other and question the NATURE of STRENGTH.

Who cares? I never cared about the Death Note adaption so why should I care about this?

Already a thing.

knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子

I just don't see how exactly it's going to work. Original is about youth, main characters are still in school. But in the west no one watches movies about school love. They would need to up their age to at least early 20s to appeal to wesstern audience. But then suddenly lots of plot points from original will stop working with adult characters.

>linking knowyourmeme

>#1 in the Japanese box office for 14 weeks, 13 weekends
>Earns 20 billion yen and counting to surpass Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in Japan
>Reached 10 billion yen 9 days faster than Frozen
>Wins LA Film Critics Award
>Has become the no. 1 highest-grossing Japanese movie in China
>Has become the no. 1 movie in Thailand
>The film immediately topped Korea's box office opening on 555 screens all around the country which is a new record for the Japanese film.
>Also dominated China breaking the all-time records for the most advance tickets sold and the fastest film to reach 100 million yuan ($ 14 million or 1.7 billion yen), with the first 100 yuan earned in just the film's opening day.
>The film also dominated the charts of Hong Kong and Taiwan becoming the number 2 and top highest grossing Japanese film on the respective countries
>Inexplicably jumps 41% in the Japanese box office and climbs from 7th place to 3rd place in one week
>Still in the top 10 in the Japanese box office towards the beginning of 2017
>Now grossed US$355 million.
>Surpasses the box office gross of Spirited Away (US$289.1 million), making it the highest grossing anime film of all time.
>Is approved by Shinzo Abe and used by Cool Japan to spur tourism in Japan.
>Turned into a live-action movie by J.J. Abrams

So this is meme magic. Not bad.

Kino.

I can't wait for the whitewashing complains

Hollywood would make it a cheesy sitcom that airs on the Disney Channel.

live action lucky star when

it has disney channel written all over it, kooky teenage girl cheerleaders and their everyday school lives

>white washing
A conservative girl from texas will be blacked.

Good.

100% they make MC (male) black.

>Racist White girl from texas learns a lesson on racism and equality when she swaps body with a black man
>Zenzenzense replaced by a rap song

I'm gonna see this before the anime.

Is this the film that will cement JJ as the Cuckold fetichist producer?

Ganbare Taki-kun!

Why exactly is his hair loss a meme?

What does Daiz have to do with it?...