Is it AOTS?

Is it AOTS?

If you don't mind the plot taking a back seat for 9 episodes, sure.

Character interactions are more entertaining than plot

Nah, female protagonists are never good.

I agree with this sentiment only if the characters have a shred of substance, which isn't the case with this how.

Probably, but it's not that it's exceptionally good, it's just that the rest of the season was very mediocre.

Dorothy is interesting and Beato was fun to have around. Plus the interactions between Ange and pretty much anyone were cool

It has some good parts, but a lot of episodes drag it down to not being more than OK. The show just turns into a really charmless SOL for large chunks. It was generally solid otherwise though.

I guess if you like bland, one dimensional characters you'd find the interactions interesting.

I would say that Beato was good, but the rest came off as really flat. You may as well watch a proper CGDCT at that point.

No.

No, but it's second season might be if it decides to go full plot

well at least it wasn't eye cancer like hand holders

Not even top 3

No, that's Aho Girl.

Nope, it's Gamers.

this pic makes me want to watch this but im not taking the bait

Ange approaches you and makes this lewd expression.

What do?

>still hasn't watched PriPri
That's your loss kid.

>Beatrice
>a girl who was tortured as a small child and experimented on to have her vocal chords replaced, becoming the target of other children's bullying, therefore developing a sense of selflessness and having no selfworth and latching onto the first person who actually accepted her as she was (Princess) and in result devoting her entire life and going so far as to risk it constantly just to protect her princess

>Princess
>a former street girl forced into being a princess when she had no knowledge, no etiquette, no actual upbringing, taking all upon herself to try to become a Princess while not enjoying it at all who tries to make up for all she's suffered by taking part into the group's spying activities while definitely taking Ange's place and do her wish in her place because she's become Ange and Ange has become her old self.

>Dorothy
>a girl who suffered a violent and drunk father for a while of her childhood, and therefore developing a taste for alcohol herself while still being able to face up to him and manage to forgive him and be a helping hand to him because she understands with his hardships and isn't a spiteful person

>one-dimensional

Whew.

What he said. There was no competition this season. Bonus points for being an original that didn't shit the bed like so many did this year.

Looking less egregious than Hand Shakers isn't a huge feat.

AOTY

They have actual backstories, but their personalities were shallower than your standard moeblob when it came to SoL. I don't see what you are trying to prove here.

>BOING

What the fuck? Their personalities are the result of their backstories. I don't see how they are "shallow". Just because they don't display fits of anger all the time and aren't spiteful doesn't mean they're shallow.
Jesus christ, it's like Sup Forums doesn't even understand the very criticism they make.

Cool. But when it comes to actual interactions between characters it falls flat. I will give Beatrice points, but it is really charmless otherwise.

>I will give Beatrice points
>not Dorothy
The fact that you didn't notice Dorothy was the one that was actually at the center of most character interactions that aren't the yuri couple gives me good reasons to think that you don't have the brains needed to watch the series, much less criticize it.
Better luck next time.

I never said otherwise about Dorothy. I don't see why you need to make stuff up.

>barely any actual espionage
>two best characters (dorothy and beatrice) were completely pushed aside during the last 2 episodes
>ending that changes basically nothing
>tone shifting all the time between episodes
>barely any stakes during the middle part of the show
It was a good show, but not a fantastic one.

tits of the season

Yeah, it definitely had huge flaws. That's a real shame.
Whoever the fuck thought episode 7 was a good idea should get his teeth rattled a bit.

idk about that

I'll raise you one.

It was the show I enjoyed the most this season. Shame about the mediocre sales.

If this is the best Japan can do I'm disappointed

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Princess Principal. The yuri undertones are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of 17th century Cornish
dialects most of the plot will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Ange(Charlotte)'s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into her characterisation - her
personal philosophy draws heavily from The Man in the Iron Mask by Alexandre Dumas, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to
truly appreciate the depths of Dorothy's plot, to realize that they're not just fanservice- they provide Beato with MILKSIES. As a consequence people who dislike
Purinsesu Purinshiparu truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the sadness in Chise's existencial catchphrase "Itaino Itaino Tondeke" which
itself is a cryptic reference to Season Two Never Ever I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as
Ichiro Okouchi's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a PriPri tattoo. And no, you cannot see
it. It's for the White Doves' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

We had some decent shows this season. Next season seems to be better though.

>mediocre sales
>sales numbers aren't even out yet
Your IQ is too low to watch this show.

First ep. didn't really convinced me, should I continue?

Probably not, but you can watch episode 2 if you still want to give it a chance. If that doesn't get you, feel free to drop it because it doesn't get better than that.

The show really deviates from the first episode, so expect to be disappointed if you just want more of it. That said the rest isn't bad. It isn't great, but it is different.

First ep is in medias res after the spy crew's been assembled, the next few episodes revolve around each of the individual characters before they start to really advance the plot

I might give it a chance, thanks for the info.