Hinduism General

>What is Hinduism?

Hinduism is the oldest organized religion in the world. It is the Sanatana Dharma, the Eternal Law. It has no known origin and no founders - it is a synthesis of various Indian cultures and practices from as early as 4000 BCE.
Hinduism differs from Christianity and other Abrahamic religions in that it does not have:

>A single concept of deity,

>A single holy text,

>A single system of morality,

>A central religious authority,

>The concept of a prophet.

Hinduism is neither polytheistic, monotheistic, trinitarian or henotheistic, yet it is all at the same time.

The development of Hinduism was influenced by many invasions over thousands of years. The major influences occurred when light-skinned, nomadic "Aryan" Indo-European tribes invaded Northern India (circa 1500 BCE) from the steppes of Russia and Central Asia. They brought with them their religion of Vedism. These beliefs mingled with the more advanced, indigenous Indian native beliefs, often called the "Indus valley culture."

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga
archive.org/stream/reneguenon/1921 - Introduction to the Study of the Hindu Doctrines #page/n3/mode/1up
bhagavad-gita.org/index-english.html
hinduwebsite.com/upanishadindex.asp
sacred-texts.com/hin/
google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/ramayana.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjy8Lm_5NjXAhXDvo8KHa1cAcsQFghMMA0&usg=AOvVaw2lqBBcB2jwkUOGaqLqzQJa
google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/mahabharata.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjZ247P5NjXAhWLtY8KHZsTAMIQFggLMAA&usg=AOvVaw3xZVGN2bgbJ_CZgBqvX-D1
youtu.be/rAM9x_GF9VY
books.google.com/books/about/The_Bhagavad_Gita.html?id=r7xfAAAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button#v=onepage&q&f=false
youtube.com/watch?v=URR8tXf3IXY
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paksha
youtube.com/watch?v=j2Mnsxj2N7Y
drikpanchang.com/panchang/month-panchang.html?date=05/03/2018
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>political significance of Hinduism
All the decadence of the world today has been predicted by Hinduism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga

Prophesied events during a Kali Yuga

>Rulers will become unreasonable: they will levy taxes unfairly.
>Rulers will no longer see it as their duty to promote spirituality, or to protect their subjects: they will become a danger to the world.
>People will start migrating, seeking countries where wheat and barley form the staple food source.
>At the end of Kali-yuga, when there exist no topics on the subject of God, even at the residences of so-called saints and respectable gentlemen of the three higher varnas [temperament] and when nothing is known of the techniques of sacrifice, even by word, at that time the Lord will appear as the supreme chastiser.

Kali Yuga with regard to human relationships

>Avarice and wrath will be common. Humans will openly display animosity towards each other. Ignorance of dharma will occur.
>People will have thoughts of murder with no justification and will see nothing wrong in that.
>Lust will be viewed as socially acceptable and sexual intercourse will be seen as the central requirement of life.
>Sin will increase exponentially, while virtue will fade and cease to flourish.
>People will take vows and break them soon after.
>People will become addicted to intoxicating drinks and drugs.
>Teachers will no longer be respected and their students will attempt to injure them. Their teachings will be insulted, and followers of Kama(lust) will wrest control of the mind from all human beings.

Resources

>Introduction for westerner

archive.org/stream/reneguenon/1921 - Introduction to the Study of the Hindu Doctrines #page/n3/mode/1up
>Bhagavad Gita

bhagavad-gita.org/index-english.html

>Upanishads

hinduwebsite.com/upanishadindex.asp

>Vedas

sacred-texts.com/hin/

>Ramayan

google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/ramayana.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjy8Lm_5NjXAhXDvo8KHa1cAcsQFghMMA0&usg=AOvVaw2lqBBcB2jwkUOGaqLqzQJa

>Mahabharata

google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/mahabharata.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjZ247P5NjXAhWLtY8KHZsTAMIQFggLMAA&usg=AOvVaw3xZVGN2bgbJ_CZgBqvX-D1
>Ramayan anime
youtu.be/rAM9x_GF9VY

drink cow piss.

I will

I don't give a fuck about Hinduism. But I just got this sweet shirt.

I want this t shirt too

Recommendations for the Kali Yuga? That subject is fascinating. Especially the prophecies.

The mythos of the kali yug is spread across multiple religious texts, you should start with ride the tiger by evola and build your way up

Just read Guénon works.

Isn't there a passage in the Vedas that describe what would today be described as aircraft having some sort battle which resulted in nuclear fallout ?

The aircraft is described in the Ramayan and the nuclear weapons in Mahabharat

i'd read carl jung than this pooo shit

>jung
You mean blue snek man

What're your thoughts on Buddhism?

Hinduism for plebs

Buddhism was foretold in India. The Buddha was incarnated to sow confusion. Also the Buddha only went half way...

kek

Half way?

Op can you explain to me Indian calendar system? What's Chaturthi, etc?

I always considered the Vedas and the various texts to be the original inspired "doctrine" where would you consider i start i know most of Sup Forums will ignore you even though the true Aryans inspired these very documents

The Buddha was conscious of the void not the time.

Chaturthi is the 4th day of krishna paksha iirc, their are two kinds of Indian calender the religious one and the vikram samvat one, which one do you wanna know about

Although i disagree about Buddhism

Vedic times are over and the Vedic gods are gone

Don't start with vedas, start with mythology like Ramayan or Mahabharat, or if you wanna read philosophy then geeta, after that the upanishad, and probably after that the vedas

>What is Hinduism?
Loo worshiping and pooing in the streets

Religious one.

If only anons looked past the memes and picked up the bhagavita and learned the true path and how to become a spiritual warrior and ascend from the Kali yuga. One interesting connection I have made is that Sanskrit feels relatively natural to understand and easy to pronounce. This really confirms the indoeuropean origins to me. I think the bhagavita is what the white man is missing. This is probably why prabhupada was called upon.

Where exactly are nuclear weapons talked about in Bhagavadgita? AFAIK, gita press translations don't have that, it was only in the ISCKON translations and he used "missiles" for "arrows"

Word
What do you mean by that

>prabhupada
Steer clear off ISCKON. From what I've heard, they're doing what christian missionaries are allegedly doing in India, and the translations are misleading at best IMO

Krishna defeated Indra at Govardhan Hill, this was the end of Vedic times.

Buddha untied the heart knot Hridaya Granthi Bheda and was conscious of the void. He did not become time conscious. No where in the Buddhas teaching does he discuss the time.

Fuck off faggot grown folk are trying to speak

Which bhagavita do you recommend. I don't like how ISKON exhalts prabhupada to such a level but prabhupada himself seems like a decent spiritual teacher.

Jai Ram Shri Ram Hare Om!

The real one.
books.google.com/books/about/The_Bhagavad_Gita.html?id=r7xfAAAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button#v=onepage&q&f=false

fuck off with your degenerate meme poo ideology fucking heathen heretic SCUM

Alternatively, sadhguru on Jewtube. Watch it with his holiness Gordon Ramsay!
youtube.com/watch?v=URR8tXf3IXY

No u.

this.

>tfw (you) agree with a leaf

He's right though....

What specifically makes prabhupada "Not real" ? They all just translated? Is this like a kjv vs est kind of thing?

I said the Mahabharat, and its not iskon that suggested that a lot of events in the Mahabharat suggest that brahmastra might have been a nuclear weapon although its just conjecture

Nobody said he was wrong; but sometimes one can find oneself in very funny company.

go back to pooland dirty Indians
Christiany made my Western civilization glorious
Your meme Hinduism made your nations shitholes
fucking kek
I have more respect for Islam than Hinduism

I'm actually studying Sanskrit so that I can understand the source text without any buffer. But a scholarly translation should suffice.

>ISKCON
Why do we even give audience to these "people"? They already spam a thread ad infinitum

His translation are dishonest, nowhere does krishan refer to himself as the supreme deity or whatever bs they call him in their religion

I was asking about what first said that. I only came to know about it while reading Bhagavadgita-as-it-is.

Lahiri Mahasay

Then burn in Islamic justice, friend.

I am a "lost" pajeet and have a very rudimentary understanding of Hindi and can speak and read Telugu at 3rd grade standard; do I have any hope?

I've heard that learning Sanskrit is easy for Telugu speakers, because a lot of the words overlap. I myself am a kannadiga (Kannada speaker), can't say much.

thank you hindusim for showing me slavic paganism

Its called her panchang, I know very little about if you understand hindi number this article should be enough to understand what i understand
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paksha

And Hinduism is a satanic cult
Repent and accept Christ as your lord and savior
Even the Buddha predicted the coming of the messiah Jesus Christ
He said to believe in him and not in Hinduism

That's what my old man says but it's tough learning any telugu at all in the country of degenerate mutts. No offense meant.

Is Modi really an analogue of Trump?

That's hinduism presented in Abrahamic form.
Stay away from iskon, hare Krishna and all those retarded faggotry.

Nah i believe a lot of our history and mythology is misunderstood

Fun fact:
There is no universal format for a panchangam.
I myself was taught how to read one (of the udupi math) by my Sanskrit teacher. It's not the same as the one used in my hometown.

>Hinduism is a Satanic cult
Who can really fault a religion for telling those worthless to society to off themselves? Would you rather /us/ cry and screech about (((gun control)))?

>even the Buddha predicted the coming of the (((messiah)))
And simultaneously taught (you) an eight-fold path to never need a (((messiah))) in the first place, kouhai.

>Sri Gautama taught (((us))) to ignore Hinduism in favor of his teachings
What (((school))) did you learn that from, friend?

He doesn't seem as idiotic as trump and has a degree in political science, so idk

>udupi
Yean maccha

Tell me about your Hinduism.

Tell me about your Hinduism.

Please share, senpai.

>Hinduism is neither polytheistic, monotheistic, trinitarian or henotheistic, yet it is all at the same time.
it's polytheism you idiot
do you even know what those words mean?

>imagine being this retarded.

>maccha
Are you that Mysore user from ich?

Didn't the 1000 and 500 rupee note ban hurt though? What state are you from?

The old man is from seemandhra, krishna district.

Nah i just understand kannada and tulu

>Giant Ram Sheering Ram Harem!

Ya'll leafs better get control over your sikhs before they turn Alberta into another golden temple.

Yeah it did. But that's probably the only idiotic decision made. Most people here still support him.

That was a giant Hanuman and before any amerimutts shit on Hanuman let me remind you the highest grossing hollywood film ever referenced Hanuman directly.

This is the power of Hinduism, even the negro can be civilized. Glory to Hanuman!

There is only one Lord and he is Jesus Christ
The Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.
Repent fren and seek our Jesus Christ
Buy a Holy Bible and start reading it.
This Hinduism is just occult satanic pagan magic.
You are worshipping demons and are doing sorcery.
Jeusus said . " I am the light of the world, he that believeth in me shall not walk in darkness "

youtube.com/watch?v=j2Mnsxj2N7Y

No it isn't, it was part of the bigger plan to curb corruption

eat cow dung?

No, you do?
Riddle me this how are other religions texts any less true than the bible

>accept christ for eternal life
>yfw even soyboy religion is better than (yours)

>Hinduism is neither polytheistic, monotheistic, trinitarian or henotheistic, yet it is all at the same time.
Wow, sounds like you're just pulling shit out of your ass and retconning it to fit with all the previous shit you pulled out earlier.

My Hinduism is just a pursuit for knowledge and trying to follow my duty

Your dead God is the perfect symbol of the decadence to which Christianity has led the world.

I generally don't buy into the collectivism meme, but I don't know that I can support a religion that comes from a country where SO much shitting happens on SO many streets. I mean, at least pig toilets are somewhat contained.

Dear OP, the aryan invasion theory has been proven to be scientifically incorrect. There is no archaeological or anthropological evidence. It was a hoax to make Indians submissive. The Aryan Dravidian divide is incorrect. The so-called " invasion" was actually an earthquake or some other natural calamity that struck the Harappan civilisation. This caused an influx of people into mainland India from Sindh and the leftist communist academia termed it as an invasion. The Harappans inhabited the Sindh region since 6000 BCE and then moved into the gangetic plains during the migration of 1500 BCE.

>tfw every other culture in the world is more obsessed with how you excrete bodily fluids than you are

I don't have the panchangam anymore.
Then again this exists:
drikpanchang.com/panchang/month-panchang.html?date=05/03/2018
So, K and S denote Krishna paksha and Shukla paksha respectively.

Try reading the op it states it was a migration and to deny the effects of the migration on the religion is stupid, it did affect the religion but did not create it

That's all of our dharma, friend.

The real question is whether you can support a (((religion))) that gives everything else up in a quest to get niggers to shit in the right spot. Is your society a failure because your dog can't help but pee on a fire hydrant?

idk what you're trying to say desu
some guy told him to drink cow piss and he said
>I will
so I wanted to see what he would say if I said to eat cow crap

based

I can eat mushroom grown in cow dung

polytheism means more than one god
there is more than one god in Hinduism
a religion either monotheistic or polytheistic you can't say it's neither that isn't possible
Hinduism is polytheistic
there's no disputing that

but why would you?

>some guy told me to believe in a dead kike on a stick
I did.
>some guy told me to believe 6 gorrillion jews died
I did.
>some guy told me I am 85 IQ max
I did.
>some guy told me everybody else is full of shit and I can be whatever my own soul decides is my dharma
I chose. Why cannot (you) choose to be different?

if hinduism is for plebs whats the good stuff