Why did this show start to look like fucking trash as it went on? Bake and Neko Kuro looked great...

Why did this show start to look like fucking trash as it went on? Bake and Neko Kuro looked great, but then Nise was a downgrade and everything from Second Season onwards has had a fucking abhorrent artstyle minus Kizu.

What the Hell happened to make so much of the franchise ugly as sin?

It's shaft. They started taking too many jobs and all the shows starts to look like shit

It still looks good to me.

Director was so busy with kizu they got a new one for the other series. The stuff happening in zokuowari may be getting the original director (bake and kizu), so maybe the artstyle and "tone" of the show will revert aswell.

The edge prevailed yet again

Can't wait for Oishi return

Nothing will look as good as Bake but everything else is far from ugly

I couldn't finish Owari Second Season, the show looks seriously so bad now. The story is also just becoming more and move convoluted, Ougi's arc was the last okay one. Just let it end, Nisio.

*Oikura, not Ougi. Though technically it was kinda her arc as well

>I couldn't finish Owari Second Season
>The story is also just becoming more and move convoluted
The only convoluted aspect of the series is that it was told out of order, nothing else should confuse anyone over the age of 18. The first part of Owari didn't even complicate things, it spelled out exactly what was going on three times in a row to get you to look back at everything else with that understanding in mind. The second season is a straightforward conclusion that confirms everything directly.

How fucking retarded are you?

I didn't mean convoluted as in complicated, maybe it was the wrong word. What annoys me is that the subplots are just boring now. Most of the characters are played out at this point, I don't want to see Araragi talk with Snail about sand or some shit. It also irks me that they brought Snail back, feels like it takes away the impact of her arc in Second Season.

She already foreshadowed her return at that time by saying that she'd help Araragi when he was really in need. Saving her the second time around is a parallel to his confrontation with self-criticism, because letting her go the first time was the first time he didn't get to save someone which could on one hand be viewed as a moment of maturation. However, the conclusion Araragi reaches isn't a realistic reassessment of his methods, but an acceptance of the impact of staying true to his ideals, which is why he saves Snail and Sleeves without regard for the consequences.

I'm a brainlet. I'll keep my opinions to myself from now on I think

You just haven't chewed on the material properly, possibly because of opposing memes of the Monogatari series either being 2deep4u or devoid of serious content. It is not too deep for most people to understand, nor is it lacking in themes both proximate to each narrative and running through the series.

I'd advise reading whatever translated materials you can get, even just the first chapters of in-progress sections. The monologues often spell out the important themes pretty clearly, then you just have to re-evaluate all of the characters and stories with those themes in mind.

What are the consequences again? I forgot and kinda lazy to look up.

>Bake looked great
Did you forget that powerpoint presentation in the latter half?

Going against the natural order causes the Darkness to appear as a corrective force, but Araragi generally doesn't consider consequences in the first place. This was established back in Kizu where the twist was that he'd saved an entity he shouldn't have because he didn't want to think about the consequences of a vampire's continued existence. That was a mistake he couldn't take back, a wound.

Nisio really doesn't get the credit he deserves.

how many series can you name that have gone on a long time and maintained quality

Is this confirmed? Or are you assuming that stuff will happen, because if that's the case fuck you for getting my hopes up.

Director switch. Bake and Kizu are the only ones that aren't fugly.

Nise was great

You're crazy if you think the artstyle looked better in Bake than Nise

This Also, Itamura is a pale imitation of Oishi who just borrows from the SHAFT house style template without contributing anything new.

Nise had some of the highest production values in the whole series, but the directing was pretty uninspired. Good animation highlights though.

Nise had great animation, but the style was meh.

Art was better in Nise (though declines later)
Direction was better in Bake, yes, even the slideshow aspect which is later only used as a stylistic motif without much substance.

Artstyle isn't everything. Bakemonogatari was directed incredibly well. The reason it looked "worse" is because there were more frames drawn.

>Monogatari
>looking good
Kizu was the only appropriate adaptation
The rest are trash, read the books instead

But the fact is that the Second Season is always the best season in voting.

Kissshot is super beautiful

It's only because it has the most demographics covered
>Literally every Crabfag spergs out about Hitagi End, which is the last time she'll ever be relevant
>Kubuki

It's only mediocre otherwise.

Because plebs. Nise is the best monogatari and always will be, only gaiajins disagree.

>the last time she'll ever be relevant
>arc called Hitagi End
The bastard is too self-aware, isn't he?

I seriously doubt it. It's more that he creates so much work per minute that he accidentally creates genius. He's a thousand monkeys on one typewriter.

I agree, Kabuki and Koi are very well done arcs while others are incredibly boring.

>otori
>mediocre
>neko white
>still the highest rated volume in the series
>mediocre

>Bake and Neko Kuro looked great

You obviously didn't watch the TV episodes

I want a new harem from Nisio with new girls.

>what are opinions

The best arc voting I saw last time was the Hitagi end and Koyomi Vampire.

And Bake was the most profitable

I'm guessing that's western animeonlyfags.

It was Kaiki who End it with Hitagi not Nisio.
You could even call it Kaiki's Hitagi End.

Nisio literally shat on Hitagi after that, she has zero development

This is her final development. She is happy with her man.

>still not a nice kind maiden like she used to be
Not even close.

She doesn't want to be like that again. She said it it Nise.

>"Fine, then what about this," Hachikuji suggested. "In the anime version, I could play the heroine for you."
>"Ambitious, much?"
>"Why not? Time to forget that woman who's the heroine only in name only."
>"Don't be so harsh to somehow who just turned over a new leaf."
>"That's my point. Getting reborn turned her into a completely uninteresting character. Am I right?"
>"You sound like Kaiki!!"

Nisio plays his own game. Fuck him.

I am about to post this, you too fast

>wow it turns out I'm scarred mentally and will never recover
>lol it's k
Nisio is a hack and an insult to humanity.

She recovere user. Bit by bit.

Why didn't Araragi defend his girlfriend?

Does that hit too close to home?

Because Araragi doesn't really like her that much.

You could only defend someone if you disagree with what the other person is saying. He could not bear to say it himself or lie that he does not think the same. The most he could say there is the Snail is being harsh to Crab.

It's Shaft, it's always going to look like shit.

Budget

Just read Zaregoto.