Is Gon the only shonen protagonist who actually has outright killed another person in Shonen Jump...

Is Gon the only shonen protagonist who actually has outright killed another person in Shonen Jump? Jump has that rule that protagonists never kill anyone (not counting Death Note if you are thinking that), however Gon utterly annihilate Pitou.

Yusuke

Ichigo.

Goku has a pretty good body count.
Especially in Dragon Ball where he was butchering armies with a smile.

Didn't Naruto kill an Akatsuki member?

hes probably the only one in recent memory where its felt like a brutal murder

How much of a newfag are you? Kenshiro killed people every chapter in gruesome ways.

If you want a modern example, the MC from Psyren killed a guy to save someone else when left with no choice, and didn't even dwell on it.

One of the most satisfying moments in anime

No
Stop making these HxH bait threads

kakazu doesnt really count as a human tho

>ant scum
>a person
If killing humanoid, intelligent monsters counts then there are shitton of examples.

I was gonna say that he truly only killed Buu but yeah I totally forgot Dragon Ball, where he for example killed Demon King Piccolo.

Good point, I should have said modern mangas.

Sakata Gintoki has killed a lot of people.

Neither does Pitou.

But she was made from humens and some other kind of shit

So was Kakuzu.

That dude with the hearts in Naruto was literally a human.

Well, Ichigo killed Ulqiwhateverthefuck but you could probably blame his inner hollow for it if mommy asks you about it, so she doesn't take away your comics because of bad, no good, murderous mian characters.

Psyren was so good, shame it got the axe.

He is the only one that threatened to murder an unrelated third party both directly and indirectly. If he killed Pitou's while she was healing Komugi, she would have died as well. And I'm pretty sure that's along the lines of a crime.

Ichigo went and killed a guy who did nothing wrong in cold blood.
Pretty extreme for modern jump protagonist with all the rampant moralfaggotry and whatnot

The protagonist not killing people isn't a rule of Jump's, it's just a tendency that varies from author to author.

Can you tell when did that happen or who he killed? Just interested.

It was Ginjo.

He's talking about Ginjo.

>Did nothing wrong

Only tried to kill Ichigo multiple times and teamed up with a man that can fuck with every relationship you ever had. No biggie.

He didn't kill Ginjo. We see him in the next arc, and he's totally fine.

Jojo (some parts, some people were saying the earlier parts didn't show outright killing but I'm not sure I believe that) and Death Note

he died and was in soul society

Atem says hey.

Still not dead. Bleach is one of the few series where people do not die if they are killed.

>Only tried to kill Ichigo multiple times and teamed up with a man that can fuck with every relationship you ever had. No biggie.
Ginjo never tried killing Ichigo till the end where he realized there was no point in trying to talk him out of being a tool.
Also mind fuckery doesn't warrant killing anyone.
Now if Ginjo had gone and actually killed someone then I could see him deserving to be killed but Ichigo went and did it for a pretty petty reason.
>We see him in the next arc, and he's totally fine
As a ghost.
In retrospect I just realized death in shounen only matters if there's no afterlife to speak of.

Fuck Japan so hard for not liking this.

>if there's no afterlife to speak of
Especially when some shone give you an eternal paradise afterlife where you can even influence the living world sometimes. Easy way to remove all stakes.

>Jump has that rule that protagonists never kill anyone
are u fuckin retarded?

>person
He didn't, he killed an ant.

Kenshiro has killed people
Seiya killed
Goku killed
Ichigo killed

There is literally zero consequence for "dying" in Bleach, though. The only death Ichigo caused that was permanent was Ulquiorra, and Hichigo got the blame for that.

Kakashi killed Kakuzu, Naruto only beat him up.

>not counting Death Note if you are thinking that
>examples that contradict my point don't count because I say so

The fake itachi guy

>Goku killed
Meant nothing

>Ichigo killed
Meant nothing

>Kenshiro killed
>Typically people that needed to be killed.

He killed the entire red ribbon army.

no a lot of them ran away, but theres no way he didnt kill a few

I think people are misunderstanding what OP means by "killed". Sure other shonen protags kill, but it's just cartoon violence, none of them are gruesome like Pitou was. Also the overall setup is more mature, since Pitou was a fleshed out character, while Gon is shown as a villain.

Ichigo killed the fucking soul king because of his stupidity.

Why the hell was Kid Goku more willing to kill evildoers than Adult Goku?

>while Gon is shown as a villain.
Just plain old revenge, nothing particulaly villanous and Pitou was a fucked up cunt no one gave a fuck for save for the ones who want to fuck her (male).

They killed, stop cherrypicking.

If you go by people that didn't "need" to be killed then Seiya again, he killed a lot of silvers that were following orders and might have changed sides if they had the chance.

Also Baian

>soul king
>person

>Is Gon the only shonen protagonist who actually has outright killed another person in Shonen Jump?
Not really

That was before he trained with Kami and learned more about humanity.

After that his personality changed a tad

He did the exact same thing he condemned Nobunaga for. Neither of them really give that much of a shit at how many people die, it's a different story when it's one they care about.

>pointing out that "killing" means next to nothing in-universe is now considered situational cherrypicking

I wish I could be as stupid as you so I could have the pleasure of learning the barebones basics of consequence in storytelling all over again.

Naruto killed Haku and Kakuzu and the Pain clones.
Kakashi part was irrelevant really

Yeah, now it's more about his hard-on for fighting strong opponents.

You were asking if someone killed people, you got your answers. You can't just go saying they don't count because you want to feel like Hunter x Hunter is special and mature.

You know what they say: Adult life is about obeying your hard-on while trying your best not to murder people.

See

This was so fucking cringy and edgy.He overgrows and kills a motherfucking ant.He's so retarded looking it's amazing how stupid he looks but people still defend this shitty show

That was me, fucko.

I didn't ask that.

How old are you?

...no?

Old enough for your mom!

He killed his own ancestor. I think that's worse than just killing a person, which he did because Ginjo

>soul king
>person

I doubt that when you failed to understand a shonen manga

This.

I can't think of another shounen protagonist who did something like that.

Psyren was fucking bomb. Not too long, not too short, cast of well developed, likable characters, reasonable powers with original and creative uses, and mama mia Amamiya does things to my dick that I don't even understand. Boy do I miss it.

Yeah, because Pitou is totally human and not an ant. And again, he killed Ginjou.

>Yeah, because Pitou is totally human
Yes, that was the point of the arc.

Is Gon a menace to society?

>Goku killed threats to humanity, which is what Pitou was
>Seya killed numerous evil knights
>Kenshiro slaughtered a fuckton of the worst human scums
>Every Jojo killed somebody or even cursed their enemies to an existence of mere object
>Ichigo killed Ulquiorra in a state similar to Gon-san
Bait or retard, Luffy is the only one who never kill, I think Oda promised to his grandmother the Crew would never kill anybody
Not sure about Naruto though

Is that your fucking argument?Pathetic.
Look at this design...Look at his fucking clothes and hair omfg....

Fucking this.
It was SO good, can't believe no one liked in Japan. Japan has the greatest shittaste

he just took out the trash

delete this

Unironically Gintoki, killed hundreds of people

Also, more people need to see this comment. They all seem to have missed the point.

Jonathan only killed vampires, no humans.
Joseph killed one enemy but that was on part 3, when he wasn't the protagonist.
Jotaro maybe killed the boat captain.
Josuke killed no one.
I don't think Giorno killed anyone directly, but with his powers tricked a couple of guys into offing themselves.
Jolyne killed at least one guy.

>>Ichigo killed Ulquiorra in a state similar to Gon-san

Demon Yusuke, you mean. Gon-san has nothing to do with Ichigo's hollow business

O

STOMP STOMP STOMP, A SAVAGE STOMPING!

Rurouni Kenshin counts too if we count his past.

The saints kill humans all the time and I mean humans. Real flesh people that born from a womb, have childhoods, grow up and then they die. Worst part is that some of those guys aren't really bad guys, just misguided or even pretty cool guys who happen to fight on the opposite side.

I wish there was a massive crossover or something similar to Alan Moore's The League of Extraordinary Gentleman and the old school shounen heroes could see their successors. They'd probably think they're all pussies

Same shit, the hero rise through sheer rage and asspull his way to victory without being truly himself. Call this the Oozaru/Kyubi/Hollow/Titan form and you got one of the most boring shounen tropes

Nardo has never killed anyone in his life, he completely fucked up Kakuzu, but it was Kakashi that actually finished him off.
Hell even his son killed more people thsn him.

I fucking hate japs for not liking that.

>Sure other shonen protags kill, but it's just cartoon violence
Are you purposely being retarded or do you just want to continue giving HxHfags a worse name than they already have?
>none of them are gruesome like Pitou was
What Kenshiro does to everyone to his adversaries
> Also the overall setup is more mature, since Pitou was a fleshed out character, while Gon is shown as a villain.
You really trying to make HxHfags look like idiots? No Pitou was just a bastard who had no fucking contempt for humanity and killed without any fucking remorse all for the livelihood of a genocidal tyrant while Gon had just fucking seen his master get killed due to his own helplessness, at no point does the story wants you to feel anything for Pitou because feeling sorry for him is like feeling sorry for Freiza when he begged for Goku to spare his life after all the shit he pulled including killing Krillin
>missed the point
Nobody missed any point. He said something that was factually fucking stupid while trying to prove that HxH was above all shounen manga because it was "mature" when it fact all shounen manga has already dealt with taht subject matter. Fuck off with your bullshit

Not that user but the story tries really, really hard to make the audience to feel sorry for Pitou and even Meruem while throwing on everyone's throats how humans are the real monsters. Only fangirls and edgy teenagers could fall for this but the weeaboo demographic is mainly fangirls and adult men mentally stuck on their adolescence so it works.

I don't understand how anyone could possibly "feel sorry" for Pitou. She wasn't a victim in any way shape or form and dying to squander a threat that rivaled her king was more than an acceptable end for her.

In retrospect, the chimera ants are just as retarded as Cell, they only lack the villainous laugh which I assume HxHfags attribute to be "more fleshed out" character.

>What Kenshiro does to everyone to his adversaries
Surface level observation. None of those examples are as personal as Gon's was to Pitou which makes the level of brutality he dealt to her body stand out.

>at no point does the story wants you to feel anything for Pitou
No.

> when it fact all shounen manga has already dealt with taht subject matter.
No. You can generalize and pigeon-hole this as "Protag getting revenge for slain friend" if you want and you can go on and on about HxHfags this and that but all that matters in the execution and Gon's reunion with Pitou is something unique to this series.

The Chimera Ants are all terrible characters, yes Meruem's development was interesting but people trying to elevate him to a status that "he was right" are the most retarded. The whole point of that arc was that both sides weren't better than one another so its fitting that after everything the humans decide to defeat the menace with nuclear weapons.

The only reason anyone gives a shit about Pitou is because they don't like seeing girls get beat up. If Togashi actually confirmed his gender as male one day nobody would give a shit.

Meruem's growing humanity was shown as a positive thing. Your reading is shallow.

The whole point why Pitou's gender is ambiguous is to show that it literally doesn't matter either way.

>None of those examples are as personal as Gon's was to Pitou
So you have never actually read or watched Fist of the North Star. The example posted has the badguy lose so bad that he decides to kill himself over letting the MC get the final blow. Shinn was a much more memorable character than Pitou ever was

>No.
So you're just going to ignore all his actions up to this point because he's a cute looking cat boy?
> but all that matters in the execution and Gon's reunion with Pitou is something unique to this series.
Nope and its not. The very fact that I can easily put forth an example from the same fucking magazine is proof that you're full of shit.