How do you call this gene of manga that's so good it could almost be a comic?

How do you call this gene of manga that's so good it could almost be a comic?

Entry-level normalfag shit.

Meaningless buzzword

Name me 5 shows that you don't consider entry level.

It's called just "manga"
I see you're new to it

One of these is not like the others.

But comics are shit user

>so good it could almost be a comic
but most comic are garbage, it's most likely the other way around: when I find some good western comic it's almost they're like manga

Weak bait.

It's OPM isn't it?

Listen here you little shit, Voynich Hotel is a goddamn masterpiece and you WILL respect it.

Nuplebs who don't know about European comics.

The only good thing ever produced in "Europe" was Hitler.

OP is an ass. But western comics have their strengths over manga. While manga is much better at action, comics excel at almost everything else, especially writing wise.

Like this guy said, Euro comics are probably the best all around.

That's one good thing more than Japan

jojo is shit, the rest is fantastic or fine

almost get to use this image 5 times a year

best manga coming through

the chinese food sellers 1 block away from work have a Rukawa poster

If you are referring to Voynich, feel free to hang yourself

Bullshit. Manga has way more diversity. You can find stuff in the same level as the best european comics if you dig enough. A lot of french comic artists admire and work together with japanese manga artists and magazines.

Too bad he couldn't finish the job. Now it's up to Merkel to finally annihilate the German "race."

Yeah, Jojo's actually good.

From Kenkyuusha:
まんが2【漫画】 ローマ(manga)
a cartoon; a comic book; comics; (a) manga; 〔新聞雑誌の(通例 4 コマの)続き漫画〕 a comic strip; ″a strip cartoon; 《口》 the comics; *《口》 the funnies; 〔風刺漫画〕 a caricature.

Diversity does not mean good, though. I love comics from around the world, but as it stands now, Europe has produced some of the best overall comics. I've mostly read manga (a ratio of about 5 to 2 compared to European), but there's just a lot bad shit, even from "best of" lists and recommendations from here. Maybe I'm reading the wrong ones. What are some good manga, in your opinion?

You better be talking about OPM. Jojo and Voynich deserve respect

Name me 1 above par Western comic. Watchmen is the only thing I can think of. Everything Marvel and DC write has been shit with the occasional fucking ok Bateman story.

what happened to vagabond?

Transmetropolitan

Punpun is edgy garbage.

Berserk is also Edgy. Hell losing its edge made it decline in quality

OPM, Jojo, BNHA, Dragon Ball Z and One Piece

>Bateman
You called?

You do realise comics are huge in Europe, right?
Long running serialised examples would be Blueberry and Corto Maltese. Capitán Trueno was really big in Spain when my parents were young. Blacksad is a good modern Spanish comic published by a French company.
For classics, apart from the two ones states above would be The Incal and Metabarons which have had good reception. Aside from Jodorowsky, El Eternauta is the best which has come from Argentina. For Anglo comics from the top of my head: V for Vendetta, From Hell, Sandman, Asterios Polyp...

Jojo, OPM and Voynich, maybe arguably Berserk are the only ones of those that are really comic book like

The rest are all graphic novels

Seinen (most of the time)

I sure do love me some seinen

Yeah, fuck Berserk.

yeah, jojo's actually fucking terrible lol
you wanna watch gay men do overly flamboyant, super gay things just go to gaytube or something

its like the artist is a huge queer or something lol

Part 8 has an overt heterosexual romance though.

Why are you replying to obvious bait like this? What the fuck happened to this board?

I would recommend Sandman

The problem with most western comics though is they never end. They are essential never ending narutos.

You could say the same for a few of the manga in OP's image.

Dude, what's so great about Sandman? I have read like 5 chapters, and it's kinda boring. When does it get good?

Insomnia healing manga.

>no YKK

The only good comic in the world is the Epic's Akira

Cerebus, by Save Sim. Starts as a parody of Conan the Barbarian, turns into a proper swashbuckling adventure series, then he the MC becomes pope and deals with that, there's a ton of caricatures of famous people and characters that show up, insane feminists take things over, the MC ascends to heaven and talks to his creator and finds out that nobody likes him, then there's a bunch of faffing about in a bar, while the author goes more and more into the redpill rabbithole and turns the thing into his soapbox.

But for something that ran from 1977 to 2004, I think I can excuse a bad second half. That's a helluva run. Great art and innovative paneling, too.

Not even joking, but Chapter 6.
Subsequent volumes are different as well, as Gaiman develops his style.
If you don't like now though, it may not be for you.

>posting ykk in a Sup Forumscksucking normalfag thread

what's the wheely boy from

oh, and Groucho Marx is the king.

Name just one western comic that could even approach this level of artistry.

Yeah and the guy that drew it hasn't even bothered to finish it and would rather work on another manga. I am pretty impressed at how good it looks for having been a weekly manga though.

Not possible

Manga

> How do you call this gene of manga that's so good it could almost be a comic?
> "Manga" is just a Japanese word to describe a comic
> How do you call this gene of COMIC that's so good it could almost be a COMIC?
I won't not have fun with this.

Orc-Stain is pretty cool.

It's the missing nose, dumbasses

The art in the bottom row is laughably bad if this is by art. The entire thing can go fuck itself if it's by writing quality.

Why are there no good scans of REAL out there?

The best thing about these bait threads is that once this gets deleted OP will repost it on Sup Forums and the mods there won't do anything about it.

Easy.

You weren't wrong. The way the deformed dude manipulated those people to do everything that he desired was quite interesting. I will give it a chance. Thanks user.

I truly think that western comic's characters have more "personality" than most manga characters, that are most of the time just "stereotypical characters"(Tsunderes, Kuuderes, faggot mc, etc). I have yet to find a "Guts" character on western comics, though. I gotta give them that, at least.

Get that pleb shit out of here

Are French comics actually good?

>pun pun
>good

how does it feel to fall for the traced meme
fucking kike fucker

how does it feel to be retarded

Voynich Hotel has a quirky and fun art style and is funny as hell. Kill yourself.

>Voynich Hotel has a quirky and fun art style and is funny as hell. Kill yourself.

Do you really think Dowman Sayman is a bad artist?

There are people on Sup Forums RIGHT NOW who cannot name all of them

Rec me some of these euro comics of yours user

>Muh first teenage angst emo punpun shit
>Muh first sports manga
>Muh first evulz villain
>Muh first shounen
>Muh first parody
Yeah entry level, read more comic and manga kiddo.

Read before judging user, it's a great ride.