Hi Sup Forums, what are your favorite anime movies? Mine is Kimi No Na Wa and Koe No Katachi

Hi Sup Forums, what are your favorite anime movies? Mine is Kimi No Na Wa and Koe No Katachi.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LE_CewGiHsI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

certainly not that trash

Kimi no Na Wa was fantastic but my favorite is Rebellion.

Koe no Katachi was shit.

Horus, Prince of the Sun
Animal Treasure Island
My Neighbour Totoro
Akira
Only Yesterday

映画 プリパラ み~んなのあこがれ レッツゴープリパリ

I want to participate ITT but I feel bad about replying to such a shitty bait.

You are retarded, Koe no Katachi was great, Kimi No Na was the shit one

Your Name wasn't "shit" per se, but it was a boring dumb-fun Hollywood type movie. Koe no Katachi I agree was the better "film"

Do you prefer the dub or sub?
Redline is the only dub I've ever enjoyed more than the sub

>Kimi No Na Wa

Never heard of that one. Did you mean Your Name directed by JJ Abrams?

didnt see the dub yet

I swear I remember seeing a speed racer anime movie when I was seven or so? I haven't seen it in over a decade but I loved it as a kid.

I watched'em both yesterday. I liked Koe no Katachi a little more, but they're both great imo. As I'm more into reading manga than watching anime, I haven't watched that many, specially anime movies, but of those I watched the ones that I liked the most are Koe no Katachi, Akira and Princess Mononoke. I've downloaded 5cm per second and Spirited away to watch tomorow.
Recommend me some more good anime movies :^)

Kimi No Na Wa
Koe No Katachi
End of Evangelion
Princes Mononoke

Koe had a better story than Kimi. But Kimi was just put together so amazingly.

>hidden recommendation thread

rest of Ghibli
more makoto shinkai
gup

Koe no Katachi was just as cheesy and dumbed-down you're lying to yourself if you think it had any subtlety. They both wouldn't be out of place as a random filler Hollywood movie.

Dirty Pair Project Eden
youtube.com/watch?v=LE_CewGiHsI
just look at this shit. look at it

I liked Rebellion. It was actually surprisingly good despite what people say about it being hyper overrated.

The dissaperance of Haruhi Suzumiya and Princess Mononoke

Madoka isn't overrated.

>gup
Girls und panzers?

Back to the Kitchen, woman.

I think you're wrong, whether by genuine misunderstanding or bias

Oh ho let's put X's on people's faces because our audiences are too stupid to figure out something extremely simple. That's the amount of respect they had for you.

Do you seriously believe they were put there to help the audience understand what's going on?

I'll just go with the generic classic and say Akira. Perfect blue and paprika are also classics everyone should watch.

More like they thought the audience was too stupid to figure it out without them. They're pretty much that movies equivalence of shounen characters shouting the names of their moves before using them.

Are you joking?

Not him but I think Redline actually has a pretty decent dub. It's the only thing I watched subbed first but prefer the dub. That felt dirty to say. There's just so much amazing stuff to look at, and the English VAs do a pretty good job. It's also simple enough in themes and dialogue that it translates fairly well.

yeah. fun movie

This movie had no right being as good as it was.

Most anime movies made after 1995 have good dubs. Don't let elitist hipsters fool you.

The first movie from Memories called Magnetic Rose

Perfect Blue, Princess Mononoke and Patema Inverted are honorable mentions.

I think it's actually the best anime movie ever made. People will argue but it's made so well that I can't say I've seen anything better.

>watch more movies
I've seen just about everything except for some very obscure stuff

May you never fall for the "manga is better" meme, god bless

Yeah, I didn't expect to like it so much

Still the best.

I think that a lot of people are put off by the run time and the fact that you ideally need to see Melancholy first.

I don't really like Melancholy but Disappearance is incredible and puts the three-hour run time to good use.

This. The manga and the film both accomplish exactly what Otomo wanted them to.

I really like Akira as a standalone film but it's frustrating that so many subplots and important characters from the manga didn't make the cut.

What is so incredible about it? I really didn't experience it as much more than typical light novel fare with decent looks.

How would those subplots or characters have added to the film, though? I prefer the movie, myself. In a way it's more focused, more succinct. And that's just talking about the story, the looks of course are transcendental.

I can understand this sentiment. Honestly, I think the film would be a lot more confusing and bogged down if everything was adapted. The fact that Otomo not only directed the film but also co-wrote it just goes to show that what's in there is exactly what the author thought was most important.