Tomorrow I start my new job. I'll be going from 36k a year - blue collar, to 52k being a Business Analyst

Tomorrow I start my new job. I'll be going from 36k a year - blue collar, to 52k being a Business Analyst.

I graduated college a few years ago, and it took me a few years, but this will be my first white collar job making decent money.

Got any tips for me?

kys before you realize you are working 1000x harder than your boss and the owners/primary shareholders for 1/1000000000000000000000000000000 the pay

collective ownership fucking now

Hide your power level, completely. Never speak of politics, with ANYONE. Never talk negative of anyone, especially sheeboon retards. Get experience and figure out a way to leave for something better.

kek definitely a conservitard

live in fear of intelligent libs cuckboy

Buy a used class C RV, you should be able to find one for less than $8,000... fix it up, make it your bug out vehicle.

? I'm a fascist. The conservicuck whites are more of a threat than the niggers. They virtue signal as hard as a South African watching their people getting geonocided. You're probably mystery meat, so you wouldn't understand with your minority privilege

good advice

autism isn't even ironic any more

Just be a good goy and pay yoir taxes

Yeah quit

Do not interact with women at the office. The more they know about you, the more they will use it to sabotage you and your career. Just go and do the job and keep to yourself as much as possible.

save money and create an exit plan

Avoid women in the workplace as much as possible. Sign up for your company's 401k and put at least 6% of every paycheck into retirement. Do your job and do it well, but make sure your superiors know what you've accomplished. 80% of the corporate game is taking credit for what you've done. Otherwise your accomplishments will slip through the cracks.

You guys aren't the first to mention that. Do work and go home. Don't make friends with them outside or work or date coworkers.

Seems simple enough.

You're all the same ((((critique)))) with no actual opinion, statement, arguement, or rebuttal. Your life is a meme. It means nothing and is without context

The other poster is also correct. Keep all conversation light. Don't disclose your personal life, including family or relationships. Be verry interested in the weather. To a point that bores them.

This is terrible advice. You don't want be the weird autist at work that refuses to interact with anybody.
Keep a respectable boundary but don't be afraid to engage your coworkers. Go out the lunch/dinner/parties every now and them. Learn to build up good rapport without letting them go too deep into your personal life.

came here to post this

After 1.5 to 2 years of time, reevaluate what you consider "decent money", come to the realization that 52k is only $25/hour and fucking Post Office peons make just as much if not more than you, lookup and realize that Business Analyst positions in other states, cities, industries, and offices can net you 2 to 3x what you make now, and go after it as either a Sr. Business Analyst or as a Project/Product Manager.

Good luck, user.

Too risky these days. Go out, have a couple drinks, power level slips. Or, you are noticed not herding to group think and whispers start behind the scenes.

If you weren't eating healthy and exercising before, start doing it now. You're going to be sitting around a lot and need to make sure your body doesn't slowly start to rot from inactivity.

If you have the ability to wear headphones, do so to block out noise/distractions and improve your concentration. I listen to mostly instrumental music to achieve this aim: contemporary composers, synthwave, underground electronic music.

Be curious and ask questions, take notes so you don't ask questions on things that have already been mentioned, be frank with your boss and friendly with your coworkers. These are people you'll be spending the most time with for the foreseeable future.

t. guy who has been promoted three times in the last five years

be civil, but don't become too friendly. don't be the office freak by not connecting but don't show your real self at work.
as these guys said. get in, get paid, look professional and learn what you can whilst having a true future goal/exit plan.

Make sure that others (especially management) are always witness to your success; if the key decision makers don't know that you did something, then it might as well have never happened at all.

Working in an office is soul crushing. Make sure you spend time outside when you aren’t working. Get a gym membership. Try not to talk to women about anything personal. They all gossip.

Do. Not. Speak. To. Women.
Required info transfers only. Tell them nothing about your life. Do not engage is any personal conversations with them.

It's decent money compared to the cost of living where I am currently. It's not good compared to the wall street LARPers on here, but I hope to make more in the coming years.

Thanks

How did you transition OP?

what industry user? I can give you more specific tips...Ive been in general business/market analysis, Private Equity analyst, and management consulting analyst, Im asauming since your payout is 52k its general biz analysis?

>specific tips for any future rain makers on Sup Forums

>1. If the company does deals/sources projects (utilities, some tech and science,consulting, M&A, venture, etc), stay in the office on your First friday,read up on who sources the biggest deals etc and who does the most.
>Read up on who has the best senior analyst manager reputation, find out who actually fucking trains the young 20-somethings into careers
>3. if AND ONLY IF flatter those who you can guage who are fellow conservatives within the office space at seniority levels above you

KISS ASS TO THESE 3 GROUPS OF PEOPLE. Get to KNOW them. Read "How to Win Friends and Influence People,"

Make all of these people your mentors, your friends, or at least make them like you out of all other F1Y analysts.

Good Luck, OP! Take all this advice, it's spot on.

If your a white male. Be ready.

As a depot manager of 500+ sea container depot.

I was accused of being insensitive and racist.
I told a black to "MAN UP" up and be on time with his truck. Therefore I had somehow called him a "BOY".

Also about 4 years ago was accused of sexual harassment for getting a women to do work out in the hot sun. The other women in the office wanted her inside with them. LOL.

The women got there women back inside and the black kinda got what he wanted too.

The fact that college grads can start out at 36k... Christ

I second this

I don't hide my powerlevel, cause I'm self employed. I love it.

Yeah, watching this the day before starting has fucked you. Be good at your job and they won't fire you no matter how pissed you get to the point of illegal things as the limit.

Pay off any and all debt then go back to being a man. Office life is a slow, undignified death.

Probably the only good advice you'll get here

also
to reiterate what others have said

Unless you are in finance or you have secretaries that make your job easier, dont fuck around with women, if you have a woman as your senior, play her emotions and reciprocate.
Most women are children and the only way to influence them is via emotional manipulation...office sluts are not safe unless you are some Cad Investment Banker who can sue your accusers into homelessness

Professional cock sucker? How's that going?

Don't joke around with female employees at all. Don't tell them anything personal. All they want to do is try to get you in trouble for sexual harassment or learn juicy details about your life so they can gossip about you behind your back.

I work with several toxic women who will start talking shit on somebody the moment they leave the room. I've caught them talking shit on me several times. Once I was just around the corner and heard some toxic bitch saying outright lies about me. She had no idea I was within earshot.

Women are toxic in the workplace. Some are good, most are toxic.

this is dumb as fuck. im a liberal surrounded by conservatives that speak their mind it's not a big deal.

start a 401k if you don't already have one, start a roth ira and buy a house

Yeah, I made the mistake of just going to class and going home. Didn't network in college or look out for internships as I was working a job at the same time. (not in my field either, another mistake)

I worked as a contractor for brief few months, quickly promoted to full time. After 3 years with the company and getting 2 promotions (blue collar, so weak compensation gains), I just kept throwing stuff at the job postings website to eventually I landed this. I was highly recommended by my director so that probably sealed the deal.

i guess know your audience, but i've seen women do this in the workplace as well.

this

NEVER discuss the following at the work place:
>sex
>politics
>religion

stick to normie shit like sports or Game of Thrones

also, don't fuck your coworkers. that qt little intern, secretary, admin assistant, HR assistant... keep your dick out of them and you will avoid TONS of headaches later.

Air Operations Technology

kek ohhh that's why he does that

found the soyboy

just do it and cover your tracks like a true chad

Well done OP! I'm not used to big corporate, I work for a startup myself but from my experience office culture can be a minefield to navigate. Tone yourself down to normie level as I'm sure you know. Just be a normie at work and you'll be fine.

Who? The token white male in your office? Does he give you a half smirk hello when you pass him in the hallway too?

>going from 36k a year - blue collar, to 52k being a Business Analyst.

Congratulations. You're *officially* a parasite.

specifically more business intelligence role? or supply chain?

Regardless, if you have the budget, Id reccomend picking up brushups/practice on EDX.com for SQL database, and use WallStreet Prep's Excel crash course

I haven't worked in an office in a while (self employed), but I enjoyed women. You can't fuck them while you work there, but the minute I left, I fucked a coworker I had a giant boner for. She was totally retarded in person, but she gave me hope when she was flirting with me at work.

I don't think it's generally a good idea to talk to people about politics. I was joking about trump before the election, and after he won, half the parents at my kid's school stopped talking to me. The kid goes to a new school for other reasons, but it was funny how butthurt they were. In the office you can't talk politics in general.

What I sued to do when I got bored, I would go to a strip club with my coworkers for a beer for lunch. Nobody talked about that. Fucking office job is terrible. Find something you do well and work for yourself. They will not pay you any pension and fire your ass before firing gets tough before you get old. It's all a corporate welfare system, milk it for neet bux. Because it is that.

>52k a year
>parasite

Here in LA thats less than minimum wage in total payout, stop being an Omega neet you irrelevant flagshit

I started at 56K with a meme degree, a sub 3.0 GPA and zero networking/nepotism. That's in a flyover state with a very low cost of living so it's not inflated by being in LA or NYC or some other super expensive city.

Assuming accusations alone don't ruin your entire career

>who can sue your accusers into homelessness
This is a cool way to live life. The modern American dream.

say YES.

Better yet, watch your boss closely and figure out how he sells you the fact he's exploiting all his employees for his own gain.

Supply chain I'd imagine since the IT portion is with another OpCo.

I've pretty well versed in Excel which is one of the things I'd think they liked? I don't know much about SQL other than grabbing certain headers and exporting them to a CSV file, so will be watching some videos on that.

Same. I'm at 80k, with bonuses, in less than a decade.

doing what?

Perhaps, I guess I'm just lucky to be in a field where the demarcation between men and women (barring uber focused chink or pajeet outliers) is very large. (Medicine)

when you work 80+ hr weeks, travel 35-50%, and have to deal with the IB stereotypes...yeah, you use that money for which you sacrificed your work/life balance to secure other aspects of your life

>LA
stopped reading there

Recommend me a good meme degree to get from college Sup Forums

Jewesses fucking have it out for me. I don't know if I can stick it out in medicine

Black History. Jew the jew and become the next Shaun King or Rachel Dolozel.

Or, don't be a faggot and go to trade school.

$52k a year? That's how much we pay our assistants. How's your Civic and apartment doing?

Im already 2 years in i might as well finish it up

if you arent already, master excel with no mouse

seconds shaved off turn into minutes which turn into hours, 90% of nonfinance, econ, and accounting people blow shards at software

and congrats man, Supply chain is a nice niche to get in, you can take your career into loads of sectors

Blockchain technology is going to get implemented with supply chain in the future, if its tech and supply chain (and you do good, climb ladder, make yourself known) you are definitely able to make a good living for yourself one day

Praying for the best for you.

overdeliver

good for you toothpaste

I don't want to get too specific but I work a boring white collar office drone job for one of the biggest companies in America. Pricing our products and negotiating prices with the companies we do business with would be a good description of what I do. I have a political science degree. I applied at a ton of places after graduating and got this job about 6-7 months after I graduated. It was partially a case of right place right time and partially getting really lucky with my first interview.
>manager was tired of HR sending him a bunch of retards to interview
>posted his own ad for this job on my school's page that connects companies with soon to be and recent grads looking for work
>includes his work email
>at this point I was jaded from sending resumes to automated boxes so that got my attention
>he replied to me 30 minutes after I emailed him, then we had a phone interview later that day
>found out we shared an autistic hobby (advanced baseball stats) when he asked about some of my interests and talked about that for over an hour after he was done asking me about job-related shit
>had me do a couple interviews with other managers but told me that was all procedure and the job was mine as long as the background check came back clean

Hope you're not in commie-fornia...

yeah finish it then get ready for the soul crushing job search

economics

marketable as fuck and you can larp as an intellectual

For what? I wish I would have cut mine short and learned a trade

damn congrats. I am poli sci as well about to graduate. Any tips besides being lucky?

Im doing it for more of a safety, im already self employed

whipping your dick out and jacking off on a cornered gal on the job isn't the best of moves

Advanced basbeball stats? I hope you've transitioned to advanced racial/jewish stats since becoming redpilled

If you're PA/NP/CRNA/MD/DO then literally just go to any other hospital system my man.

If you're RN or below then perhaps the same advice could work for you. The issue in that situation is that 99.9% of nurses love to bitch and thrive on drama, it makes my life difficult and it truly makes it painful to watch the few male nurses that there are get caught up in it. However, the ones that just stay out of it and do their job tend to do well and make bank picking up OT and shit.

Don't give up, even when it feels hopeless. I remember wanting to say "Fuck it" and just play video games the day I saw that posting for my job because I applied to a lot of places the day before and was feeling down, but I told myself vidya could wait until after I did at least 5 applications. I was in the middle of another application when that manager emailed me back. Scary to think how things might have turned out if I gave up for the day.

If you land an interview and know the name of whoever is doing your interview try to look them up on social media. See if you can gauge some of their interests and bring them up during the interview. Don't make it too obvious, just enough for you to make this person think you would be a compatible person to have around the office. And of course study about this topic if it's not something you already know about. I didn't have to do that - it was just dumb luck. But that is what I would do for future interviews.

I was redpilled years before this job.

I have a degree and I fucking wish I was making 36k.

If you're interested in economics, you should be getting a math degree. If you're interested in larping as an intellectual, economics is the nursing of men.

Don't be an autist and you'll be fine.

Don't talk politics or religion, ever

What region are you in and what's your degree? You should be making thatbare minimum

>as long as the background check came back clean
Lucky fucker.

counterpoint: DO interact with OLDER women in the office (especially if they have families) their maternal instincts will kick in and they will help you. A lot.

This is especially true if they are the lifer type, they know EVERYTHING about the power dynamics in a firm, and if you play it right, they will root for you and help you succeed.

>cover your tracks
>corporate job

i wish it was that simple, but the american workplace is getting extremely competitive, and cut throat, as the jobs pond continues to shrink

theyre always looking for something to bust you for, especially if youre a white guy

Checked and kekked.

Make more money

>collective ownership fucking now

hahahahah gasp hahahahah

'collective ownership' means nothing gets done and incompetents never get fired

advice: make friends with your boss, be positive and proactive, it really helps to be able to think of things other people are missing

Well, I was making near that, but I lived in a super high cost of living area and couldn't afford to pay rent/eat/pay off debt all at the same time so I had to move back home to a rural area with basically no jobs in my field.

Yes, I have a shitty humanities degree. Yes, I would do things differently if I could do it over again.

>graduate as RN
>start at 92k
>you

KEK

Oy vey then seize the means of production comrade!

Gotta get through training ree

This is actually good advice. IF they are normal married mothers. Very rare. Many old cat ladies who would prefer you fail and would Tacquia to your face, to help it happen

Become a plumber