If we had a free market in healthcare instead of the current american system...

If we had a free market in healthcare instead of the current american system, healthcare would be incredibly cheap like it used to be in the 50s/60s and drugs would cost PENNIES because they are mass produced. Imagine if we abolished copyright/patents/IP.

If you are against free market healthcare you are a cuck.

pic related

In reality, do the pros outweigh the cons, if we abolish copyright and patents? I feel like it would create too much shit to clean.

>I feel like it would create too much shit to clean.
what do you mean?

Well, I can compare it with open source projects and other copyleft stuff of the sort of cryptocurrencies. So much copy-paste projects appear, that scam users hard. And when we're talking about healthcare, this is very dangerous.

We can have a free market AND protect IP. Protecting IP allows firms to be more transparent with their creations, that is a good thing.

>Imagine if we abolished copyright/patents
yeah because who is going to take the risk when there is no upside to your investment right
fucking lolbetarians and their stupid utopia

organizations will pop up that test all of these companies and drugs

things like this already exist like underwriters laboratories and BBB

It's better if there is MORE experimentation with drugs, not less.

>yeah because who is going to take the risk when there is no upside to your investment right
There is upside, you can sell it. You just wouldn't get the megaprofits that corporations are getting today.
>fucking lolbetarians and their stupid utopia
LOL your utopia(the current world) is currently failing as medicine costs too much money and people are going bankrupt for it
OR if they live in a country with government medicine, they are waiting too long for it

Don't know if that's practical. Sounds good in theory.

True as well, but I feel the problem is bigger then what you describe it to be.

>Don't know if that's practical.
Why wouldn't it not be?
Organizations like this already exist.

This situation would be far better than the stagnant bullshit system we have today.
Do you hate science?

>Do you hate science?
No, I am just thinking about how that would affect the end user.

Quality wise, maybe prices would drop, but worth it?

Plus, just because something in the past worked at the time, doesn't mean it would work today.

>maybe prices would drop
Not maybe.
Absolutely.
When you destroy monopolies and allow competition, prices fall through the floor.
Also much more innovation would occur because it costs pennies to innovate now.

It's not a guarantee man. I am not for monopolies, but am also not for total and absolute chaos, without some sort of cover.

>It's not a guarantee man.
Are you retarded?
It creates a massive profit opportunity for anyone to sell any specific drug at a much lower cost?

You're saying nobody would just pick up a pile of money sitting on a table?

LOL

>but am also not for total and absolute chaos
My system would be ORDER.
The current system results in corruption and technological STAGNATION.

and it makes it entirely uneconomic for anyone to do any research into new drugs, which costs a lot of money, because some rip off merchant will just copy it and destroy all chance of a a return on the research.

intellectual property is property. why do you favour people stealing property

Look at the supplement industry. Many brands competing, super cheap and high quality. Of course if you poison someone, are negligent, or commit fraud, that is an obvious crime and should be treated as such.

>super cheap and high quality

massive profits, well overpriced, fraudulent claims made, and of no worth at all to 99% of the people taking them.

also often very poor quality, with dangerous ingredients and utterly untried formulations, and no one knows if they do any good.

this is your model for real health care?

nah
studies were done showing IP doesn't increase innovation, it just stagnates it

people will research these big things reguardless
if the price of capital is cheap, basic research becomes cheap

you know nothing about the costs of research in medicine do you?

why do you think it costs so much NOW brainlet?
The FDA and regulations.

Free market healthcare = a surplus of doctors = lower costs.
Doctors are a bottleneck in the current system, and this keeps prices high. A free market would build far more medical schools and train far more doctors than our current system.

Our current system cannot support many doctors, because the government pays the majority of healthcare costs. More doctors, billing the government, would bankrupt the government. So government restricts the number of med schools and the number of doctors that are trained through various means.

You obviously don’t live in a country with free healthcare.

You do understand that we live in a society that runs because of its economy, right? And that as of right now, goods and services cost money? As does people’s time?

Okay. So knowing that, how good is the care for 300+ million people with “free healthcare”? I’m talking quality of service here. Also, how long is the wait time? How much would our taxes need to be increased to pay for all this “free” healthcare? And so instead of payong a doctor directly for his time and service, you’d rather pay extra to the government and hope that they get the money to the right place? Do you trust the government that much?

I’ll wait.

Re-read the OP my man.

>massive profits
So?
>well overpriced
Not in my country.
>fraudulent claims made, and of no worth at all to 99% of the people taking them.
Very few make the claim that "if you take this, x will happen." If they do and what they claim is false, they have committed a crime.
>also often very poor quality, with dangerous ingredients and utterly untried formulations, and no one knows if they do any good.
False. Those are the exception not the rule and usually from people being retards about what they purchase. Now compare that to all the "state approved" medicine that have a shitload of dangerous side effects and are pushed by the pharmaceutical companies with their monopolies.

Public healthcare here sucks as hell (you pay 10% of you pay every month and sometimes need to wait a year for a visit to some doctors)

I don't even want to imagine how it would look like in a country full of niggers and mestizos

>massive profits
If I'm correct the margins of the biggest healthcare companies is around 5% if not less on average.
The thing that drives the cost so much is the iron grip of the goverment (medical credentials, certificates, etc.) and driving up demand with socialized healthcare (Medicaid)

>why do you think it costs so much NOW brainlet?

Well the main reason is because the government is the main buyer of these drugs, and the government is not sensitive to price and so they can charge as much as they think the government is willing to pay.
One other reason is that a lot of these drugs are for treating very specific diseases that only a few people have. To recoup their costs they have to charge a lot for the drug. I think it's fair and the free market will figure out how to make this work.

>like it used to be in the 50s/60s and drugs would cost PENNIES
no it wouldn't
I'd rather not get cancer treatment from WWI-era trained physicians.
So long as you're not getting MRIs, EKGs, CT scans or ultrasounds....shit could be cheap because at that point they're just handing you some Tylenol

Done. What did i miss?

One word: inflation.

Pennies were worth a lot more back then. Prices have gone up, sure. But not that much.

This guy gets it

the main reason health care costs are so high is because care is specialized. Not only that but the primary reason is people treat their cars better than themselves. Humans avoid preventative maintenance, healthy lifestyles and they only seek treatment well after symptoms of a serious issue have already manifested. Compound that with an overwhelming (nigger) population that seeks treatment for these problems at the ER (then ditches any financial responsibility) only to be readmitted weeks later because they neglected to take care of their high-blood pressure/diabetes/wound/etc....

rinse and repeat

t. oldfag hospital IT admin

this guy gets it

>the main reason health care costs are so high is because care is specialized.

NO
The reason is the GOVERNMENT MAKES IT EXPENSIVE by propping up health cartels.

Fuck you.

YES SOYIM, TAKE AWAY THE LAWS THAT KEEP COMPANIES AND DOCTORS FROM CHARGING YOU WHATEVER THEY WANT

you think that the FDA oversight is a bad thing? that regulations protecting the consumer from dangerous untried drugs ar a bad thing?

please, drink this bleach, it will cure your autism. (that is seriously what some people say)

Yeah it would totally suck if doctors competed for our business.

>propping up health cartels.
based on Medicaid reimbursement
I'd have a modicum of appreciation for your position if you actually knew what the fuck you were talking about, memeflag

I do live in a country with state supported health care - it works. it is very efficient. there is no reason why the USA could not do the same. it is common all over the Eu - bigger population thant eh US - it costs half what the US spends on health care, adn covers everybody for everything.

the costs of health care int eh US are inflated not because of regulations, but because half the price is spent on insurance and administration fo insurance, adn the profit margins of the private insurance adn health care providers.

you could have half the cost of your insurance and still cover everyone - pay it as tax (no bonuses for company bosses) rather than insurance bills, and still save half the cost.

try 20% for the health providers and 20% for the insurance companies.

also try 200% for the makers of vitamin pills

did you even read what you just posted? assuming that's all true, the doctors formed their own free market group, the ama, and the fraternal societies did the same and those independent groups were what caused all the problems. i knew you libertardians were stupid, but fucking a are you a different level of dumb.

are you implying that they don't now? that you are forced to use a single doctor instead of one of a number of different doctors?

I’m genuinely glad your system works for you.

But I guess when you can claim around 77% of the income from all your residents, you can really make the free healthcare system work for everyone. Personally I like to spend my money how I see fit, going for the best quality and best value.

Having said all that, i will agree that the problem with our system is the involvement of the insurance companies. Whenever you blend government and private business, its a problem. If doctors compete and there’s no middle man, the market wins.

Yes i can choose from a list of doctors that my insurance company provides. Thats not competition.

Nothing is going to make healthcare cheap when Americans are eating themselves to death

One could argue that taking away the safety net would incentivize people to make a healthier change themselves.

I don't know how it works in America but here medicines went super expensive because of free market. Our newest PM had to force doctors to prescribe generic medicines (super cheap). Doctors used to form partnerships with brands

You know whats worse then having high prices for medicin because your healthcare system is shit?

Having expensive medicin because its artificially inflated by companies because we have a higstandart of living. Its bs.
We produce the medicine in our country but it more expensive here then in germany, that fucking imports our shit!!

Fuck this shit!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

In the netherlands we pretty much have free market healthcare and barely anyone complains about it ever. (premiums are going up rn because its not entirely unregulated and also muslims.)

Inflation is a direct measure of how much value the bankers are stealing from you.