Show takes 82 episodes to become good

>Show takes 82 episodes to become good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lXEm5aaWHgI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If it took you that long to enjoy LotGH maybe you should have just accepted that its not for you and dropped it.
I was already hooked within the first few episodes, but to each his own.

gintama takes around 60

>Show is never good

Hi de Villier.

my favorite meme about logh is people complaining about ships always fighting on the same plane and not going under eachother and shit when literally the first thing you watch in the series (MCISTOS) has exactly those things happening multiple times - not to mention all the other times it happens

>no discussion on tax policy

It's shit.

LOGH is at it's best before Reinhard becomes Kaiser in my humble opinion. I also liked Reuental's death more than Yang's

Get back on writing the book you fat fuck.

>show kills off best character
>expects you to finish it
Yeah nah, dropped.

I hope to god that IG doesn't butcher Mittermeyer's design and make Eva look like shit.

user please, the show got better thanks to it

I hope they dont butcher his voice

It is taking me so long to watch this show. I'll watch an episode or two and love it, but then not come back to it for a couple of weeks. I started this show around two years ago an i'm only on ep 55.

It got good just before Kircheis died,then it god bad again

This guy is suck a hack. GoT is SHIT and will never reach the heights of something like LoGH. George is the type of guy who writes out as many autistic details as he can, but it's all for naught, because the word is so uninteresting, amatuerish, and tries as hard to appeal to normies as possible.

>Yang is best character

Silly OP, you are so slow. I started enjoying it in the 20's episodes.

This man's arguments are so right that he leaves no room for debate

>Implying Yang speaks Chinese and not Japanese.

This is the correct opinion. The first 24 episodes were the best, with it becoming very good again around 60-90. Somewhere around episode 40 it got tedious for a little bit. The ending was pretty anti-climactic, but it made sense and wasn't bad.

Who needs tax 'policy' when you're a space german who is known for taking out resistant dynasties? When you're a monarchy with total military power in your territory? You'll get all the money you need when you need it.
The only place you could discuss tax would be the FPA and they were shitters in all but military matters anyway. Plus at some stage it became existential to both parties meaning resources were a larger concern as they were pretty much the only two groups around thereby eliminating the need for external trade and funding
>b-but what about phezan
ayyyy

8/10 kek

You have to be able to pay your military

Sure but it occurs to me that in a closed system (which the two nations are other than phezzan) money is basically 1:1 with resources. With this in mind discussing production and acquisition is more prominent.

Seriously

What is Reinhard's tax policy?

yang wanst even my favorite character but after that watching the rest was hard. An then they actually did kill my favorite charcter and then i was pissed and just watching hoping everyone would die.

I wish LoGH had the moral grayness of ASOIAF. Lets face it all the characters are very black and white. And there were so many wasted opportunities that could've been more grey too.

Like that time Mittermeyer had that rapist executed. This could've caused the Galactic troops to become demoralized. Or maybe he doesn't executed the rapist because troop morale is more important and they can't have a breakdown in enemy territory. At the very least this should've caused the Alliance citizens to hate the Galactic occupation even if the rapist was executed. The way they were cheering, it was all too unrealistic.

They should've shown the rape scene, huh, George?
I hate that grey morality has become synonymous with everyone being a disgusting excuse for a human being because the setting punishes nobility.

Name one thing Reinhard or Yang did that wasn't something Superman would do.

Oberstein cleverly absolved Reinhard of all blame for the Westerland Massacre. That was another thing that really pissed me off.

>Sup Forums shit
Mods.

Just for a start, Superman makes a point of not killing anyone, Yang and Reinhard are both responsible for the deaths of millions. I also very seriously doubt that Superman would keep Oberstein or Lang on the payroll, or that he would have been willing to give up ultimate victory because some self-serving demagogue told him to stop.

On top of that one of the central themes of the series is a conflict of morality. Just because the conflict is between systems of morality, and what the right path is for society in general, rather than fallen individuals looking out for their own skin and their own dicks (as in ASOIAF) doesn't mean that there isn't moral ambiguity. You seem to be confusing the fact that none of the main characters of LoGH are evil or base with the idea that the setting is black and white.

B-but muh favorite bugman entertainment is so very morally complex and deep. It's not just a cynical deconstruction of high fantasy achieved mostly by portraying the end of a feudal civilization rather than its height, the main reason that it's good is that everyone in it is either a shitty person or ends up crushed and abused.

Superman snapped someone's neck.

Sounds like Bronze Age trash, and also like a nitpick.

what's the source of this?

>implying

knowing Reinhard he probably got a master of tax policy hired before he took power.

that or he left things to Obenstein

>I also very seriously doubt that Superman would keep Oberstein or Lang on the payroll

he probably would Oberstein
I mean he keeps Lex in his position

Though the second best character dying ruined the series for the Alliance's side

just raid the nobles

That only works in the short term. I think Reinhard spoke with some reformers before he was crowned Kaiser, and one of them ended up his finance minister, so there was probably a progressive tax or something instituted.
They just don't talk about it because no one cares about fucking tax policy.

Empire side gets better and better
Alliance side gets worse and worse

As expected of nation that allied with the nazis to hate democracy so much

The thing about the FPA is that it's in decay while the Empire is being reborn. Iserlohn and (presumably, after the series ends) Heinessen would be more flattering pictures of democracy.

But yeah Italy and Japan don't really give a fuck about having been part of the Axis.

But there is, at least the novels take care to mention it.
The Empire had a lopsided tax system when Reinhard first came to power, with Higher nobles barely taxed at all and accumulating assets, while the middle and lower classes had a heavy tax burden.
Reinhard both worked to fix the tax system, and to redistribute assets seized from the nobles who participated in the Lippstadt rebellion.
Also, as said, he put Silberberch in his cabinet, and the guy was a reformer who had the right ideas at the technical level and the ability to execute them.

>yang
>best

Yang was a jackass who died for his moral high ground. had he taken the reigns himself and then handed over power to continue democracy after he was no longer needed, he could have single-handed saved the FPA, but he did not. He was lazy and instead of becoming the ideal he only talked about it.

Reinhard was the indeed the ideal and only was viewed badly at all because he was born in a monarchy and he used it to his advantage. he ten left it to his wife and told her that if a constitutional monarchy was what she believed to be the best course, then to do it.

Yang saw the use of power as intrinsically bad, while Reinhard knew first hand that it was all a matter of the hand that wielded it. He knew that no one was going to live up to his level so he wasn't caught on keeping a "legacy", but instead doing what's best for the people.

Yang on the other hand left all the people wanting and left Frederica a widow because he's too stupid to carry a weapon in a fucking warzone.

Yang only got to win the battle because the writer knew he was going to let Reinhard win the war.

Fuhrer Shoe

Julian surrenders Iserlohn as part of the conditions for freeing Heinessen.

Correct, but Iserlohn was a democracy to the extent that it could be in its situation.

FPA deserved to suffer, that was his WHOLE point. Democracy is precious but only as precious as the people value it. The people of the FPA were stupid and indulgent electing slimball officials. He loved them but in order to see his truth through he needed to let them put their hand on the hot stove, no matter how hard they might cry afterwards.

You're right, it's fine, I misunderstood your post.

is anyone else hyped about the remake; I've watched the PV six times, and it gets better each one.

It was cathartic just seeing the imperials waste all the people that kept trying to fuck over people

>Goldenbalms BTFO'd
>corrupt politicals jailed
>PRC rat-holes destroyed
>Trunit killed
>Phezzan annexed
>Terra raped again

takes shit from no one

You didn't start to like/think it was good until during the Benizakura arc?

Really now?

Same with Hunter x Hunter and is still the best anime ever.

I'm worried. There's been only two remakes I've seen that I liked, 2003 BSG and the 1982 Scarface.

Any recommendations on shows like LoGH? Politics and battle formations but also comfy

Log:H :^)

Starship Operators (for something shorter/more recent).

The whole Seikai series (Crest/Banner of the Stars) for everything, including comfy. DOTS IN SPACE!

>OP takes one post to be a fag

Is there even a single Japanese person in LOGH?

Imagine writing a book which is adapted into a manga whose sole purpose is for underage Sup Forumstard school reject nat-soc edgelords to screengrab for 'le epic redpill quotes'. Then imagine being retarded enough to use an anime as some proof of your retarded ideologies.

Wew.

It'd be pretty proud my works inspired that level of dedication and discussion to say nothing of the size and quality of the OVA nor that it is also getting a modern reboot. I'd be happy as you get.

FPA is based on the Allies of WWII
Empire is based on Germany
Phezzan is based on Italy (Venice in particular)

so no

Murai.

this is the rick and morty of anime

>Germany
Prussia, you uncultured swine

>Lets face it all the characters are very black and white.
There were a couple of eye-rolling examples of overly pure or almost outright evil characters, but no, by and large the entire cast are just regular people leaning toward good on the morality scale, regardless of their factions.

Basically Germany in reverse

Federation = Modern Germany
Ascension of Rudolph = Nazi Germany
Goldenbaum dynasty = Imperial Germany
Ascension of Reinhard = Prussia

This. Yang was entirely aware of how shit the alliance government was the entire time. If people didn't realise that by the time his court marshalling mini-arc was over, I don't know what to tell them.
Yang's philisophical stance was that Democracy is better than Autocracy because at the end of the day, even if everything collapses and the system is brutally corrupt, it is ultimately due to the choices of the population at large, and thus if they suffer under democratic rule, they deserved to suffer (as they did at many points in the story).

SEETHING

Dogs eat dog-food.

wow rude

Don't say that. I'm going to watch it once i finish my assignments for the year

The death of democracy still makes me sad.

Western democracy only has a few years left

Western society only has a few years left. Learn Chinese or Russian.

I don't know which I prefer. At least Russia is giving away land. I'd probably go try my luck at being a frontier man. Succeed or fail I'd be free unlike in either of those mainlands. Russia isn't so bad but they pretend to care about shit they don't. China takes less shit (internally) but they're even more overt in their treatment and creation of the 'underclass'
American principles are preferable. Why did you guys have to free blacks and not send them back to Africa afterwards? Why did you have to play at cold-war with the Russians when you have no idea how to play social wars beyond obvious short-term puppet regimes? You fucked it up for all of us.

Because of those principles. Spengler was right about basically everything.

There's also a second possibility. We're not actually strictly due for the end of the West for another couple of centuries, just increasing perversity, suffering and decline as those principles are taken to their logical conclusion. It's already dead but it'll take a while to decay. I dunno if you wanna stick around for that though or just go start a nice ranch in the Far East or the Southern Cone.

My country will just cuck to whoever's in charge. We're already starting to ally with China. It'll as though we were a roman conquest.
I just hope they treat us better than they treat Africa.

I'm on episode 22 right now and it's very good

i enjoyed it from the very beginning

LoGH was good from the start, what are you on about?

i need more sips for my folder

>youtube.com/watch?v=lXEm5aaWHgI
>常勝の天才
>vs
>不敗の魔術師

Anyone else hoping for an anime original ending

LoGH was childish wank for Yang/Reinhard at the start

it is set 1500 years in the future. i doubt any modern languages would exist as they do now.

>Lets face it all the characters are very black and white.
What are you talking about user?

I like the book more