SRNWT

Changing this art to K-ON style was a crime against humanity.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X3Pu2HouJwY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How would it look with an Abe art style?

BD when?

You got that right.

The character's art style was my biggest gripe with the series. It would have looked so much better like that.

Yukiko "Killer of original designs" Hotiguchi

The AD totally didn't get how to make K-On's designs work. Compare this show to Idolmaster. Same character designer, both derivative of Horiguchi's original designs, one looks great and the other looks like ass.

Everyone would be pregnant.

>both derivative of Horiguchi's original designs
Were they? I can't recall ever seeing Horiguchi credited in either series.

I liked the style.

I mean derivative of her style, of her designs for K-On.

You mean Kannagi style, right?

I like the design, it's clean and probably easier to animate too. Really though, if you want something that actually boggles the toggles, consider who's the writer and director, and what they've made before and after this show.
It's like the planets themselves align so that this show exists.

Also I fact-checked myself and got it wrong. Akai did the designs for only Sora no Woto, and just animated for Idolmaster.

I need this. Make it happen.

>And I hope such a time does come...

Horiguchi's designs look better, bless.

They really do. I think of all the designs they'll be best suited for animation, as well.

Sora no Woto is Haibane Renmei done right.

Can we have one thread where we're not doing that?

I actually downloaded it earlier today, I'm ready to see what all the fuss is about.

But it's already out on Rightstuff

It's derivative of Kannagi, not K-ON

According to who?

Me.

I'm sorry man, it's not true.

K-on design is great.

It might also be the reason it flopped. People thought it was a K-ON knockoff.

Perhaps it just wasn't very good?

That couldn't have been it, because it was.

Are you sure?

I watched every episode to make sure.

Plump arms.

Every single one?

Sora no Woto was ahead of it's time
Imagine had it aired in the middle of the Military Otaku boom
Honestly, what hurt it most of all were the K-ON-faces. So many people dismissed it from the get-go just because of that.

Even the OVAs.

proofs, tovarisch?

Being here when it aired.

'here' isn't relevant.

What's your point? Are you implying that it is impossible to obtain information from Japan and it's fanbases and their reactions and stuff from here? I had no idea Japanese Internet had a total gaijin ban.

Good luck with that, Sora no Woto fans are insecure about their own favourite show so they feel the need to trash Haibane Renmei all the time.

But you'll see that Sora no Woto is just a pale copy of what Haibane Renmei is. Don't worry about that.

You just have make sure I'm properly overhyped, don't you? Because for now all the opinions on the show I've gathered were somewhere between "second coming of Jesus Christ" and "as good as the actual first coming of Jesus Christ".

I wonder if the "Haibane Renmei done right" guy and the "pale copy" guy are the same person who's figured out how to sustain his (You) addiction.

>So many people dismissed it from the get-go
>show that had 40k bluray sales dissuaded people from watching a show with the same designs

What show are you talking about? HR or SnW?

She both are good shows, I don't why some fans have the need to catfight everythime.

People are not catfighting, it's just insecure fags always spamming "Sora no Woto is Haibane Renmei done right".

Which is both annoying and complete bullshit.

Haibane Renmei, the one I'm about to start watching.

People who liked K-ON didn't pay attention to it because "It's a K-ON rip-off but with military tacked on"
And likewise, why would people who dislike K-ON go and watch a "K-ON rip-off with a military gimmick tacked on"

It's not that hard to understand.

>Sora no woto threads have no dissolved into chaotic disputes between SnW and HR fans

Why can't we just get along? Both of them are two of my favourite series ever.

It's a good show but you gotta play along with how it does things.

The only thing I can say is that it's a very internal experience.

People hate k-on faces to begin with? Do these "people" hate k-on too? What a horrible world would this be if that kind of people exist.

I don't think it's that they hate K-ON faces so much as the style implies a certain tone which the show doesn't actually follow

I think it would've been better received if its tone were more K-on and less pic related.

Tone was one of the bigger problems with this show, it was so all over the place

Probably why I'll never watch it and just assume it's overrated shit which is probably right anyway.

*tips fedora*

Everything about it was all over the place. Remember this video?
youtube.com/watch?v=X3Pu2HouJwY
Though honestly it being so nonsensical is the only thing that makes it worth remembering.

Go back

I unironically enjoy it more because of this

Now that I think about it Princess Principal is basically this anime if the girls weren't incompetent retards

What's the reason for all the Sora no Woto and Habiane Renmei comparisons? The shows are quite starkly different.

Yeah, they really should have stuck to the original art style.

All female casts, first half is SoL second half gets more serious, there's mystery about what exists outside of the characters' worlds.

What a terrible thread.

What date will the stream be this next January? The 6th?

You can literally say the exact same thing about Yuki Yuna.

Man, I loved this series so much. I was in a really dark place when it started airing and the happy message actually helped me in some way. I'll always remember the SPECULAH threads.

>SnW first aired close to eight years ago
>You're still on Sup Forums

Threadly reminder that the author of SnW was glad it failed commercially, because the lessons he learned let him move on and write what he considered his magnum opus: Guilty Crown.

I remember those threads. We reached a level of qualityposting that has yet to be surpassed. Sup Forums was good back then.

>that chart

Sup Forums's autium both impresses and frightens me

>Episode 7
>26 threads
Truly the Guillotine Gorilla of its time.

>Episode 7

If it was yama no susume art style it would have been more popular.

Concept art is concept art for a reason. You really think they could have made this work in a TV anime? Haibane is probably the closest thing you can get, but it looks like shit and only the colour palette matches the concept art.

You look like shit fucktard.

ayy lmao

At least Haibane's visuals are effective at creating a certain mood instead of looking like your average seasonal crap with plastic backgrounds and K-On character designs.

I think you have autism. Stop posting in my SnW threads "onegai".

I'd argue this is the perfect thread for me then.

Is there any anime that uses Mel Kishida's artstyle?

I thought it's the series director/manager who said that
hanasaku iroha

The outing is the best episode.

Can't wait for the stream.

Someday in the future, I will take a pee in Cuenca.

Silly user, no one remembers Kannagi.

K-On's characters are so sickeningly moe I can't stand watching them. Sora no Woto's designs are similar but don't evoke disgust from me, so it's more of how it's animated/drawn in the show itself than strictly the art style.

>I think it would've been better received if its tone were more K-on
It would've been better received, and it would've been a worse show.

How can you even compare different mediums. With realistic budget and time constraints it's impossible to replicate single piece static pictures in animation for multiple series product.

The only appeal Mel Kishida has is the way he paints. Any anime adaptation would lack that and all you'd be left with is the, quite frankly, stiff and unappealing base that lies underneath. Toshifumi Akai's design work on Sound of the Sky might've been shamelessly derivative of another artist, but it was still a great deal better than how other Kishida anime turned out like Red Data Girl or Heaven's Memo Pad.

Yeah, change it to Youjo Senki style

WHY

Kureha best woto

I finished SnW last night and it made me feel lots of feelings

AIJOU YUUJOU

Should be, first Jan of the month

>first Jan of the month
Heh.

I just want to make sure I get the right Saturday/Sunday off of work so I can get properly Woto'd with you all.

Fucking 'tone' fags stop.
That's partly why it was good. The tonal whiplash is a good thing in this kind of show because that's exactly how it goes when shit happens to an army.

This was last years so I would say yes to the 6th

I don't remember much of last years's.

>K-ON style

Newfag.