ITT: Asspulls

how does it feel, BnHA fags? You already know that anytime Deku needs an asspull he just bumps it up by 10%. Maybe you will get lucky one chapter and he bumps up by 20%

>O MY ASSPULL THREAD XD

There you go.

O

Inb4 he oneshots Overhaul, I guess Hori wants to emulate Naruto's broken power levels as well...

O MY 20%

O
MY
1000000%

nobody cares about deku. the series is at its best when focused on side characters all might, todoroki, stain, twice, toga, mirio, shinso, etc. the closer to the mc the blander and one dimensional the characters become.

O MY SHIT BAIT

MY

It's not a literal mathmatical percent. It's just Deku pushing himself further. In his mind, he's giving it about 20 percent. We already know he can go to 100% but he'd break his shit. Same thing when he fought the villain to save Kouta. Do you think he should only progress while lifting weights at home or something? It's a shonen.

>YFW this is the last arc
>YFW Deku is a cripple now and gives his power away

Hold up, are you telling me Deku is just a Toguro copycat? Call me when he goes 120% like my nigga.

He went to 1,000,000% even though it's not literally 1,000,000% it's just an adrenaline filled One for all Punch, he just said that to hype himself up

BNHA>Naruto

how mad do you have to be to spend time making this?

>BAWWWW THE HERO WON! I WANTED TO SEE HIM LOSE BAWWWWW!
Hunter x Hunter is the worst manga ever made, and its fans are trash.

how do deal with the ending of clannad when you kind of accepted the events post nagisa's death?

just smile
worked for me

>shitposting and calling out an unrelated fanbase because you can't handle your shitty cliché series getting criticised.
BNHAbabies are adorable.

>Hunter x Hunter is the worst manga ever made, and its fans are trash.
I honestly did not want to think this because the manga itself is pretty decent, but yeah. This 100%

The only people upset at heroes winning are buttblasted HxH faggots.

>shinso
Who?

Or people who're tired of clichés and would like to see something refreshing like a different outcome where the hero doesn't always SUPERPOWER his way out of every situation?
>Muh HxH boogyman
You can't be this narrow, can you user?

How is letting your MC lose a bad thing? I'm not saying you should always have him lose but just show some flaws or weaknesses to humanize him. Also Deku has lost in other ways: he was born quirkless,first time he used his power he broke 3 limbs, told he can't keep using OfA at full burst. Gon's weaknesses are something that he knows about but generally doesn't care for it as much compared to Deku

or just remembering Ushio getting (sickness) as well was just too much and tomoya deserved a fucking do-over at that point.

Whoever made it probably enjoyed doing it so my guess to answer your question would be not at all. But then again braindead internet culture dictates that everyone who disagrees with you is mad so if you turn your brain off and go down that path then the answer to the question is probably VERY MAD.

If you're tired of the cliches then maybe stop reading shounen? Or were you one of those faggtos that believe in muh deconstruction meme?

>I watch shounen to see mold-breaking, genre-redefining art with no cliches
Nigga you bought a microwave meal, it says it right on the tin, stop demanding a 5 star meal.

>if I put "muh" behind a word it means the argument is automatically wrong right guys?
If I'm tired of cliches I'll just read good shounen instead. Since, y'know, shounen that don't follow cliches do exist and all? There are more series out there than just BNHA user.

I haven't read the manga in ages, but I don't know what's the problem with 20%. It's not an asspull, from the beggining you know he's going to eventually hit 100% and maybe more because theoretically every user is stronger than the previous one.

It's the exact opposite of an asspull, it's almost anticlimatic of how predictable it is.

and why don't you do that instead of making BNHA threads to bitch about it? Deku lost a lot of times

>How is letting your MC lose a bad thing?
Holy fucking shit. Holy fucking shit, this is like a parody. It's like we've entered the bizarro universe.

Listen, you turbine faggot. Heroes are supposed to win. That's the point of the story. Nobody reads this to see the good guy get beat up, you stupid edgy piece of shit. People read this to see good triumph over evil. It makes us happy and allows us a break from the harsh realities of life, where people die all the time and injustice goes unpunished. Hunter x Hunter is pure trash, and all its fans should be baptized in fire.

There is literally nothing asspull about this. We've known for a long time how his powers work, what his limit is, and how going past that limit hurts him, LIKE IT WAS STATED TO BE DOING. Nothing about this is an asspull.

>Make an interesting manga with infinite potential
>Give the main character and his most important rival the worst most uncreative powers that make any fight they have boring as shit

Deku will hit something hard
Bakugou will blow something up

They are literally everything wrong with DBZ fight scenes distilled into 2 characters

too many words, call me back when you put down your thesaurus

I didn't make this thread nor have I read BNHA, I just don't think the idea that wanting a hero to lose for character development purposes is bad in any way at all.
>all shounen must be crap because a majority of them are right?
Why is it bad to want more from a series that has great potential? There's literally nothing wrong with being critical about it when other series actually carry their stories, characters and worlds competently.
>Being this fucking buttblasted about Hunter x Hunter
Did Togashi kill your family? Holy shit user, calm down.

psst, everyone knows
Except OP

Chitoge winning was an asspull.

>asspull
he can do this at any time it just hurts his body more and he doesn't want to risk ending his career but at the same time it was a life or death situation

As a HxH fag, I doubt that any HxH could or would really claim something against asspulls, because HxH is full of them. At least Togashi can get creative about them, Killua's Shenron sister arc was kinda funny because of how every other character reacted about the wish granting abomination. Kurapika now has the "this ability will shorten my lifespan" crap, but Togashi put a clock over his head to remember us how close is he getting to death with every shit he pulls (and I wouldn't be surprised if Kurapika dies of it, unlike every other character with the "it will shorten my lifespan" gig)

>I haven’t read the manga
>When other series actually carry their stories characters and worlds competently
>I haven’t read the manga
Something is not right

>I didn't make this thread nor have I read BNHA, I just don't think the idea that wanting a hero to lose for character development purposes is bad in any way at all.

Well, some faggot who thinks like you made this thread, maybe you could answer for him. Anyway, no one says that a hero losing is bad, but it's not like Deku is steamrolling everybody, he lost fights, I haven't read this one yet but I guess it was too plot relevant for him to lose this round. He used to break bones every chapter, it's time to give him a break.

Deku should have been a gadgeteer, like the author intended from the beggining.

That was a general criticism, not necessarily for BNHA, but for shounen in general. I'm not criticising BNHA because it's fucking retarded to criticise a series you havent watched or read. But the idea that a hero losing is somehow bad is just plain dumb, senpai.
Well when you put it like that, it sounds a lot more fair. But does him actually getting injured have an affect on future chapters and so on? "Broken bones" don't mean shit if he just fucks up a villain a chapter or two later.

It's how you execute a cliche that makes it bad or not. Most Shouen rivals are asses because of a Tramatic event that changed the forever, justifying their actions no matter how dickish they acted, like sasuke. Bakugo was told he was going to be a great hero as a young kid, which gave him a massive superiority Complex. He admires All-Might because he looks strong while fighting crime giving him the idea that Strong= the best and independent and weak= someone that should just get out of the way and kys. When Deku offers him help he sees this as an insult because he thinks The strong shouldn't take any advice from weaklings because All-Might does Great without any help.

O

MY

20%

NEN

NEN

GUM

I

BESEECH

YOU

EX-FUCKING-ATLY

But see, that'd make "Bakushit" too unlikable because he'd LITERALLY be a racist for thinking Deku can't achieve anything

RUBBER

>But does him actually getting injured have an affect on future chapters and so on?

Well, it used to be more relevant at the beggining, like him knowing he couldn't possibly win the tournament because he was going to run out of fingers to break before the finals, but clearly BnHA is falling into the same trap as other fighting shonen of forgetting all those details. Well, technically, the healer pressed Deku (and All Might) into learning to channel his power without breaking bones, because she said she won't heal him anymore, so at this point he shouldn't be breaking bones anymore.

He can't always break his bones using 100% of his powers as much, making him use about 10% of it regularly risk free with the cost of less damage dealt

That's a bit of a shame, but it's nice to hear they at least took that into consideration near the beginning.
Makes more sense as far as power-levels go so I can't really get miffed over that. Maybe I should just cave in and watch the series now.

How would Deku get the money or brains to make gadgets and if the gadgets are supplied by someone else that would go against the theme of strength through independence

Obviously, he'd have the brains if he was that character.

>Deku rather than becoming a little BITCH because he doesn't have super powers, instead works his ass off in studies, training and part time jobs to develop gadgets. Everything would be something he earned, he wouldn't have the super power of being smart, he'd earn everything through sheer hard work and creativity which would be better than just being given a magic power out of thin air.

Bakugou is still pretty unlikable, Baku himself and the fact that he's still seen as a potential hero just shows off how crappy that society is. While not everybody is quirkless, if your quirk is crappy and a villain wrecks havoc, it's almost as if you're quirkless. There's also the fact that only heroes can freely use their quirks, and heroes are recruited among bullies like Baku, so everything points out to a very classist society. It's not like the author will get into much detail about that shit anyway, it's a comic for children. But Bakugou is pretty unlikable, I think people who like him only do because there's the potential of character development he showed, and because the other characters don't suck up to him.

NEN

>Story ends with the MC returning to his dayjob after being acknowledged by his hero
Doesn’t work for a long running series, fampai

Thank u hxh this thread is fucked like your manga

I don't follow HxH. Why is this the poster boy for asspulls?

Keep crying.

>Previous arc shows he's bumping up percent safely
>UMMMM WOW WHAT AN ASSPULL
Okay

What would be the problem with building the gadgets? Hori made the support class, they regularly build shit straight out of comic books with the supplies the school gives to them.

But at least Hori gave me a cute gadgeteer waifu, so I don't care.

died and came back to life, from one of the nen rules which is "some nen gets stronger on death", don't quote me on that.

Ok, being smart doesn't mean your just able to make anything. Being a quirkless hero would require Deku to train hard enough to be as fit as Aizawa or stain and as smart as Mei at FOURTEEN. he'd be a big Mary-sue if the series went that route

A character used it while he pulled some trick to come back from the dead.

It caught on because because it's quotable.

Hisoka should have died here. What were they thinking?

It was a move that was kinda within the rules of Nen, but still highly debatable. It came right after a fight that hyped everybody, and left everybody blueballed and discussing years after the event.

And it was worded in a funny way. That's essential.

>Killing a fujobait character

It's just like in the recent Power Level video. This is boring and stupid because all this means is "Deku has a higher number"
He's not fighting better, he's not fighting smarter, he's not doing any different, his number just got higher so he wins. That's bad writing.

If Mei exists, why couldn't Deku do the same than her? He could avoid most close combat situations, and get more fit as the manga advances (while there are monsters that can go toe to toe with strenght-enhancing quirks only with their natural strenght, like Aizawa and Stain, it wouldn't be believable from a kid starting highschool).

No, not really. You could easily rewrite the story into him being a decent but not retardedly broken hero waiting to get even more retardedly broken just by making him as smart as Mei and decently fit.
That might be impossible for a shounen but you don't need the main hero to be some kind of crazy overpowered god at the start of the series.

Different user here. But for one, if he has access to gadgets, then it means every hero in the universe would be too. Him having such game-changing gadgets would necessitate either 1) Him as an unrivaled super genius, which would explain why the gadgets are so good. 2) Unlimitied money, or both

He was going to be Batman, the mangaka was told japanese are too stupid to like that so he made him OP instead.

>posting dead little boys
I'm not the one that crying fampei.

Pretty much this, Im glad someone said it. shitter x shitter is garbage

Why couldn't he made a gadget that allows him to punch super hard but has only one use, for starters? It wouldn't be as different as he was at the beggining, instead of breaking his arms he would be breaking his super gauntlet or whatever. Of course, if you're going for the gadgeteer route, you would probably do something more interesting than a gauntlet to punch harder, but it's still a possibility.

>I think people who like him only do because there's the potential of character development he showed, and because the other characters don't suck up to him
Or the fact his backstory isn't a traumatic event that caused him to be an asshole but the accumulation of his superiority and inferiority complex so he doesn't seem like a special case, but someone with issues anyone can have it's not like people think he'd make a good hero because of his personality but because of his quirk, showing how the mainstream inuniverse definition of a hero is different from ours

I'm thinking that less and less every chapter man

>Batman
>Le unlimited money, I own this city. Oh and I’m also super martial artist and a genius
>Good
You need to go back

>Him as an unrivaled super genius, which would explain why the gadgets are so good

It happens all the time in super hero comics. There's no reason for governments to be unable to reverse engineer Ironman's armor, but a few other geniuses are capable to do something on his level.

You're not fitting in newfriend. This is neither an asspull or even good bait. You just seem to be plus ultra mad

If having gadgets could carry you as the greatest hero, then what’s stopping other characters in the story from doing the same?

Hell, if superpowers can be defeated by gadgets, what’s the point of superpowered heroes? Superpowers wouldn’t be such a big deal in the first place

>We always knew that Deku would grow to be stronger than All Might
>We always knew he'd reach higher percents after we saw him initially learning Full Cowl
>He's already used 100%
>He's been using 5% for months
>All of a sudden it's a problem now, like people are surprised that he did it, even temporarily like he's used 100%
I mean, alright.

>GOTTA WATCH OUT! DON'T KNOW WHAT COULD HAPPEN
>AHAHA JUST KlDDING! LET ME GET INTO FIST FIGHT WITH STRONG PUNCHING MAN!
>O MY I CAN PUNCH WITH MY LEFT HAND TOO WOW WHO KNEW YOU COULD DO THAT BEING ABLE TO PUNCH WITH BOTH HANDS AMAZING WOW! NEXT YOU' LL TELL ME YOU CAN USE YOUR LEGS TO KICK
>bnhatards brain explodes

To be fair, his teachers also give him credit for always aiming for the top, and that's part of his personality.

Not the same user, but while Batman became a meme on the last years, it's still a pretty good concept. You could pick the Blue Beetle instead.

The BnHA one-shot was much better than the actual thing
Prove me wrong

I don't think Deku could make those gadgets without changing Deku's Type of intelligence and Cheacter. He's good at memorization and strategy but so for he hasn't showed much of an ability to actually MAKE a tool. Compare Deku to Momo, who's the smartest in class A yet is pretty shit at thinking on her feet, unlike Deku who could think of an idea with a minute or two.

Which hasn’t happened here since the story went with
1. Superheroes can all wear gadgets,
2. Gadgets are only supporting items, superpowers is still more powerful
3. Gadgets aid superpower usage
3. No super genius with unlimited money that can pull a Batman

What's asspull about this? Or is this just some narutard/bleachfag whining at a superior manga?

For starters, quirk would always work, while gadgets would constantly break. Quirks would be universally better, unless the gadgeteer were so obsessive to keep making lots and lots of them.

As a compromise, you could give Deku a shitty quirk that somehow helps him with the gadget thing. Something like Momo's quirk, but with a stricter limit on mass or objects spawned. Maybe a quirk that allows him to teleport little objects to his hand, but he needs to have touched them beforehand or has a memory limit on how many objects can summon.

>It makes us happy and allows us a break from the harsh realities of life

Yes, variety gives us a break from life. So when anime is filled with heroes winning, eventually you want something different, it can be anything.

girls

cell was stronger and fully healed.