Isekai

itt: isekai done right
>pic related

This one, so far.

All hail the glorious Ambrosia!

The story falls flat quite soon.

Isekai done best.

Specifically the Wanderers version where Ifurita is best girl learning to be truly evil

Original OVA > Wanderers > Sequel OVAs

Couldn't stand this shit and dropped it right before the last ep of the OVA.

This is startlingly good. Like, I thought it was absolute fetish crap, because Qwaser was really dumb.

But this is actually surprisingly nuanced, and the hero doesn't have any bullshit abilities. I'm amazed to find myself actually looking forward to this.

I don't think having your series hijacked by a supporting character is doing anything right.

watch the wanderers not the OVA. They have the demon weapon girl as a ditz that has been convinced that evil is good by Jinnai and she even has a monologue about how shes gonna graduate the school of evil.

Honestly that doesn't really sound like an improvement.

It's trash

They are both main characters.

nah it's great, all the weird ninja shit got cut and it's just a comedy with Jinnai being a terrible overcomplicated villain.

Ripped off Gate.

SAO is unironically better

is there a isekai where the protagonist is summoned by the demon king instead of humans

Too bad the MC and the main girl were such shit. And it was too god damn preachy even if I fundamentally agreed with it.

I read one a while back before the whole isekai fad hit. It was one of those faggoty demons are just humans with a different name stories and humans were the real evil and all the demons were innocent victims.

I've really liked Ore to Kawazu-san so far. Fun light-hearted story with magic and frogs and easy to remember names.

too bad it was shit, i wish there would actually be one where the mc is to conquer everything or something like that

What's stopping people from just grabbing one?

best

And so billions(millions?, thousands?) died that day.

Probably the same reason people don't use tombstones as lawn ornaments.
Also the curses.

that anime is for girls

Jinnai was always based as hell.

WHEN I'M THROUGH WITH YOU, YOU'LL BE SITTING DOWN LIKE A GIRL

You could read the story to find out...

There is already a barrier to keep out people, so that's not an issue. The fence was only needed to keep small animals out of the garden.

>The barrier can keep people out but not small animals

Most of digimon seasons

Translation never?

Less 'can', more 'does'. You should read it if you want context. Or if you want to read a nice story.

Best isekai

It's good. Too bad Hirano will never finish it. Also, could use a few less japs, they're way overrepresented. Fate S/N had a more balanced cast.

Magic Knight Rayearth is still to date my favorite one.

I liked Konosuba, it's in my top 10, but I wouldn't count parodies. Even if I did count it, it has more elements of a SoL comedy than isekai.

I think Hirano will finish Drifters in like 10 years. He might be using a lot of Japs because Hellsing only had like 1 Japanese character and she got killed too easily.

is that a mother fucking type 74?

Isekai that got most things right.
Then defeated itself by destroying all sense of wonder.

I absolutely love edgefest isekai

I love me some edgy isekai.

I'm liking the one with the vet guy.
>Guy is a vet in his world
>summoned to another world
>has no power, no bullshit abilities
>he is still a vet, the only change is that he is surrounded by cute girls and treats magical animals instead of regular ones

I'm thinking there will be some political bullshitery later on and maybe the doc will learn magic, but so far its been pretty interesting. Specially since his assigned bodyguard decided she wants his dick

The one with the pest exterminator is pretty fun. Also shows the value of a poisoner that most series overlook.
It is, appropriately, titled "Exterminator."

I wish the novel was translated faster... But, well, but quality over quantity.

This looks comfy as hell, picked up!

Only three chapters translated that I've seen, unfortunately.

>harem
There we go again...

Child's play.

FSN had a rule stating no Japs as heroes and there were still two of those fuckers summoned.

>FSN had a rule stating no Japs as heroes
When? I didn't know that.

Regardless, in Drifters you have the main cast, each ot their direct antagonists, the onmyouji guy, the pilot, the naval officer...

Do we really need more than six jap heroes?

It was some bullshit to do with how the Grail War was set up and how homefield advantage was a thing but didn't end up really mattering.

And for Drifters what do you expect a Jap knows Jap history better than the general history of the world so he more readily pulls familiar characters from the one he knows better.

>And for Drifters what do you expect a Jap knows Jap history better than the general history
That's no excuse, he chose the setting with the worldwide heroes himself. And the Type Moon guys are japs too.I'm not saying there can't be a number of japanese heroes, but when more than half of all the historic figures are japanese you have a problem.

The individual heroic spirit and the compatibility with the master can make up for the limitations of class container they're summoned in. Hell, the only war that was done and finished in the intended way was won by a caster, of all things. Though being fucking solomon, the king of all magecraft does help

>That's no excuse, he chose the setting with the worldwide heroes himself.
True it was kind of a shit thing but, I'm still finding myself enjoying most of his cast and how the plot is shaking out. Granted I am still salty as fuck that Rasputin the Mad Monk and one of his most infamous victims are on the same side. Plus I get the feeling that he doesn't know to much about the nonjap characters he chose.

Looks good, too bad my bakabt account is banned and you can't find old anime on public trackers

Don't get me wrong, I love Drifters. I just think he went overboard with the japanese figures in the cast.

Its a pretty valid but I'd rather he stick with writing what he knows than try to appease the politically correct crowd.

>the politically correct crowd.
It's not politically correct to expect a diverse cast when the premise is set up for a diverse cast.

Its not politically correct, it's just disappointing. He setup a stage for all these amazing possible matchups, he should have used it better.

Why must that Bishie on the left suffer so?
Why is it his lot to have misery hoisted upon him at every encounter?
Why is she so cute?

Still my favorite. Still the best.

The lack of news on the anime is killing me. And there's no extra chapter in vol 9 of the manga which means the onsen chapter gets shoved into volume 10

At least vol 9 of the LN is coming in the middle of the month so that's somethign to look forward to.

The only good characters in Escaflowne was Van and that Swordmaster that died at the start.
Everyone in that series was a terrible person.

It was slightly above average at best and mediocre at worst.

Z E T S U B O

>Dad fucks mom
>Also fucks the maid
>Kid helps them integrate into polygamy instead of just having the family fall apart
>Later marries childhood friend, childhood tutor, and his distant cousin
Fucking harems.

There have been quite a few "isekai" shows in the distant past that have tried to have plot for a general audience instead of being fluffy shows full of pandering and filler.

El Hazard - The Alternate World is one of the older ones from the age when Pioneer was in its heyday as a major anime producer and had not been bought up by Geneon which was controlled by investment funds.

Those Who Hunt Elves - had a successful manga and anime series and even had a spinoff character make it into another anime series.

Log Horizon - this dataBased show had a dense plot with a solid mix of action, intrigue, details, unique characters, and even had some educational moments about mmorpg.

SAO first season only - is an example of a more modern anime blending both plot and the need to sell merchandise to otaku. As a result, its plot delivers more concentrated doses of mary sue plot situations and mary sue type characters.

For those that would rather have a movie, there is Neko no Ongaeshi (The Cat Returns) by Studio Ghibli. For a plot twist reversal where the anime characters enter the real world of the main character, there is "Re-Creators.

>no trigger discipline

0/10, cannot self-insert.

all these posts and no one has posted the best isekai hands down.

>World has modern technology
>Main group is all bakas
>Villains are total clowns
>MC is a japaneses girl that uses the chinese zodiac to turn into hindu deities.

It has all the tropes, including a waifu, improbably skills and knowledge, forcing his culture on some under educated savages, and beating up/humiliating a rival character.

Do you guys like shoujo adventure manga?

Why is Bleach never mentioned in isekai threads? Highschool boy goes to different universe, gets OP powers (in reverse order but w/e).

this right here

Why are shojo isekai better than most of the trash isekai like remonster? Or maybe its only that the new ones kinda suck.

Because the journey to another world isn't the main plot point.

>Classic tier
- Digimon
- Escaflowne
- El Hazard
- The Twelve Kingdoms
- Rayearth
- Dunbine
- Tenchi Muyo - Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari
- Now and Then, Here and There
- Those Who Hunt Elves
- Zero no Tsukaima
- Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
- Duel Savior
- Eien no Aselia
- Muv-Luv Unlimited/Muv-Luv Alternative

>Archetype tier
- Mushoku Tensei
- Kenkyo Kenjitsu
- Overlord
- Shield Hero
- I'm a Spider
- Evil God Average
- Oda Nobuna
- Log Horizon
- GATE JSDF
- Release that Witch

>Atypical tier
- Re:Zero
- Grimgar
- The Faraway Paladin
- Konosuba
- Youjo Senki
- Dungeon Defense
- Mondaiji

>Fun garbage tier
- Arifureta
- Bluesteel Blasphemer
- No Game No Life
- Outbreak Company
- Mixed Bathing in Another Dimension
- In Another World With My Smartphone
- How A Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom
- Slime Tensei
- Koihime Musou
- Dog Days
- Knights and Magic
- Tsuki ga Michibiku
- Wortenia Senki
- Risou no Himo Seikatsu

>Total garbage tier
- Death March
- Re: Monster
- World Teacher
- Word Master
- Dungeon Seeker
- Master of Monster
- Gun Ota
- Nidome no Yuusha
- Suterareta Yuusha
- Seirei Gensouki
- Anything with "Cheat" in the title
- Anything about Skill Taking
- Anything about Slaves
- Anything R18

>Not isekai tier
- Inuyasha
- Sword Art Online
- Danmachi
- UchiMusume
- Ore ga Heroine
- Infinite Dendrogram
- Paying to Win VRMMO
- Sevens
- Utawarerumono
- .hack
- Sono mono nochi ni

>Inverse Isekai Tier
- Maou-sama
- Maidragon
- Elf-San wa Yaserarenai
- Thermae Romae

>Gaijin Isekai Tier
- Alice in Wonderland
- Gulliver's Travels
- A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
- The Wizard of Oz
- The Chronicles of Narnia
- A Princess of Mars
- His Dark Materials

Is there even any shoujo with more plot than himekishi or re:monster?

I don't think they even compete.

He probably meant pic related. And he's right.

Did you actually read all these or are you just shitposting someone else's opinion?

Looks like pasta.

any isekai anime you're looking forward to watch next year? The current list is:
>Tate No Yuusha
>Death March
>Arifureta
>Magi's Grandson
>Overlord S2

You forgot black knight

Twelve Kingdoms / Juuni Koki is the best isekai now and forever

Sounds interesting, does anyone know the title?

Just google isekai veterinarian you newfag

Updates when?

I can’t really start translating until Oct 7th~9th. Furthermore, I’ll be finished with my public service on October 20th, so I’ll also be relatively busy until then since the people at my work will most likely make me do a lot more stuff until I’m finished.
The most recent post on his site.

I'm 4 chapters in and isn't even edgy at all.
Nidome no Yuusha had the MC beating the shit out of the princess and carving a message in her back from chapter 1