Who is Macedonia?

I've recently been reading into Balkan countries and trying to learn more especially with the political climate of today. I've read that there is a political dispute over Macedonia's name and that Greece feels that this is saying Macedonia lays claim to regions in Greece.

Do the people in Macedonia not feel outraged by this claim?

Does Greece have a proper reason to instigate such a dispute?

Why does this hold any merit when it comes to Macedonia joining the EU?

And if this is the case, is there not a Anti-EU movement within

Macedonia because of the forced terms?

I apologize if this seems trivial. I have done my research but I would love to here from some actual people from Macedonia on pol. Thank you.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_exchange_between_Greece_and_Turkey
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_studies_on_Bulgarians
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Macedonia believes they are the successor to the ancient Macedonian kingdom. Greece thinks that their provincial region of Macedonia is the successor. The reality is the ancient state lied in BOTH areas. Macedonians are mostly slav bulgarian rape babies at this point rather than trve macedons, but they love larping about how they were alexander the great so it's a source of national pride. Greece is butthurt.

>Who is Macedonia?
Literally Bulgars who stole Albanian lands thanks to that whore AKA Europe

How much did the Bosnian war play into affect of their current heritage?
Thanks for giving me someone to research into.

Macedonia is rightfully Greek. Alexander the great was Greek while these Slavs try to steal Greek history

>albanian lands
I wonder who's behind this post?

>The reality is the ancient state lied in BOTH areas.

Actually, FYROM is living in what was mainly known as Paeonia. The actual Macedon (with cities like Pella, Thessaloniki etc) is located in northern Greece. Of course the Slavs make up bullshit to explain this

These are ppl that by genetic test done in Greece, by Greece showed that they have 50% Slavic genes and 50% Macedonian genes. While Greeks inhabiting same are have mixed genes of all Greeks and non greek ppl living in present day Turkey. Reason for that is explained here

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_exchange_between_Greece_and_Turkey

Macedonians are Serbs

>albanian lands
мaлe мaлe...

>serbs
мaлe мaлe x2

Why isn't Macedonia just a part of Bulgaria?

In any case, I think the name dispute will be a detail when the civil war between the slavs and the albanians will errupt

There is no such thing as "Macedonian genes" there is no Macedonian ethnicity and there never has been. They are basically confused Bulgarians, they even steal Bulgarian history. See Tsar Samuil

Take your larpers back plz

Yeah after reading about Ali Pasha, I'm not really sure how Macedonia and Albania are related. And I did not realize the heavy muslim influence in Albania, I was under the assumption is was traditional slav.

Macedonians not equal Greeks. Macedonians were inviders into the Greeks (helenistic) teritory. But Greeks currently inhabiting historical area of Macedona are not Macedonians in any possible mean

Greece and Macedonia are currently occupied by Turks/Slav mutts. They simply live on the land that Alexander’s people formerly occupied. If they’re blood related at all, it’s insignificant.

Why don’t you frikin immigrants never assimilate??? You are Australian, Panos!!! Stop clinging to your gyro culture.

Complex historical processes but the most blame lies in communism.

>Greece and Macedonia are currently occupied by Turks/Slav mutts.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_studies_on_Bulgarians
>They simply live on the land
Exactly and for the last 1500 years so shut the fuck up. Ignorant diaspora are the most annoying thing.

>civil war between

Not gona happen. A lot of fyromians are in fact of albanian origin, other are mixed

Nobodies. They have 2 AK47s and 3 tanks.
But somehow the GR government is so autistic that they already lost and now Skopje will use the name Macedonia forever. Also borrow Alexander The Great as their country's figure.

Greece, even with all the other issues could still just go in tomorrow and by Thursday occupy their whole 'country'..

Okay, Greece does not want Macedonia to be called Macedonia. Why not choose another name, such as Byzantium?

Thanks for the interesting reads, paints a picture that Makedones were originally their own tribe but invited into the Greek system and then perpetuated the culture northward. Would you agree? Possibly still a claim to individuality

Interesting read thanks for that. Would you say this has inflamed part of the reason of Muslim heritage in the balkans?

>Muslim heritage in the balkans

In Balkans even the most belivers drink alcool. Most of them eat pork. They are not braindead like some pakis or others. Religions are a meme here.
The Balkaners converted to avoid problems with ottomans. Also a lot of churches went against their population and licking ottoman boots for their interest.

Things are more complex than a page writen from some nordcuck.

Tzatziki is the same thing as Cacik

Consider that the macedonia in those texts is a northern greek kingdom while the macedonians the mutt is talking about are small shitty slavic tribes unable to keep their name unlike Serbs and Croats

Macedonia is just the northern 1/4th of the current Greek map. End of story.
Alexander the Great and Kingdom of Macedonia started somewhere close to the current big city of Thessaloniki to a city called Vergina.

The mutt Macedonians borrowed the names and history in 1996 and start using them. They are proven by history and analysts that they are just some sort of slavs and a mix of all that fuckery that happened up there in the 80s-90s.

I am sorry though that they have been in this situation with no identity, no country, name and history. I really get it.
But I can't accept stepping over mine because of this.