Initial D

>lost because he couldn't handle the heat
>didn't just turn on A/C or crack open the window
Was this the dumbest race of the series?

>open window
>lose speed and possibly concentration
>turn on AC
>waste energy that could be used on the car

Turning on the AC in older cars can actually make the car run slower.

>losing a couple horsepower will lose you the race
Even if it did slow him down a noticeable amount, you can still defend your position. Not that he'd have to, Takumi is far behind.

It was a poetic commentary of Japanese culture and gaman.

PLEASE BABY SAAAAAVE MEEEE

>muh heat
>muh puke
>muh leaves
>muh squirrel

Remove all of this shit

>Takumi lost to MISHFIRING SYSTEMU
>"didn't count" and "wasn't a real race" because Takumi was outmatched (unlike all those other times he was outmatched by cars faster than an Evo)

It makes all cars run slower
It also produces waste heat

Turning on the a.c. doesn't make you lose H.P. you fucko. However there are people that take them out because they tend to be heavy and weight reduction actually helps

>Turning on the a.c. doesn't make you lose H.P. you fucko

Please go study

>just turn on A/C or crack open the window

Tell me exactly why this wouldn't work
>if he opens a window, he'll lose downforce and spin out!
>if he turns on a/c, his engine will lose 100HP!
>if he puts the top down, his chassis will lose rigidity!
Please

"heat" was just his own stamina wearing out in general, old age penalty. If they still had the stamina they wouldn't be retired.

In first stage they came up with cool passes and situations where dagumi uses skill and technique to win, then it just turns into dumb bullshit in stage 2. i don't know why they couldn't have him win like he did before

Wasn't S2 just Emperor and the "mirror" match? The bullshit really stars with O MY LEAFY ROAD in 3rd stage and just gets worse from there.

>i don't know why they couldn't have him win like he did before
Because he's using a lower end car even with the upgraded engine. Especially when people start targeting his weaknesses like the cappuccino being a lot lighter and godhand giving him bizarre lines.

Let's be real for a moment here.

How many times do you think Takumi should have lost when it was obvious he was outclassed, yet luck seems to pour onto him to grant him the victory?

every race after third stage, and one of the races in third stage also suffered this problem.

t.retard

It does user, I remember when I was young when I was racing and about to lost only when I turned of the power to the ac did I get the extra horsepower to actually win. Just like my japanese mangas.

He stops losing ever since he got his engine swap. No idea why the author gave an already OP guy like him a plot armor.

Yeah thats definitely why you dont strip your ac because its not super heavy and also kills HP

Childhood is listening to SEB, Adulthood is realizing TOHO EUROBEAT is better.

does he lose this race after the engine swap? Because a stock 1.6 would lose a very significant amount of power from the AC