One Punch Man

Late Night Murata stream
ustream.tv/channel/nebu-kuro1

Looks like Garou's leg just broke

That's not how bones work.

This guy really likes to draw.

Anyone that had skills around his level would do too.
I would brag like a dipshit.

Cluelessfag here. Can someone with artistic/drawing experience explain why Murata is impressive? Genuinely curious.

So, Psykos for 2019?

Chapter cover from yesterday.

The more you practice drawing the more you'll learn to admire Murata's speed, consistency and dedication.

try to ask /ic/, then get yelled at. They'll give you the answer

in addition, Why havent you fag give drawing a try? You can create your own manga or fanart.

You have to think big to achieve great things, user.
You can draw your own lewds
Do you honestly think Murata doesn't do it with Fubuki?

>You can create your own manga or fanart.
How much practice would actually be required for that? How many years? And how would you even go about learning it? Asking as someone who has zero knowledge and skills here. Just curious.

I don't want to draw. Just asking because I don't have context in which to appreciate Murata's skills.

of course, if you can draw that well, not drawing your own self insert into your own hentai would be a waste of talent.

Drawing isn't as simple as looking up videos on how to draw from people in YT, nor watching Murata doing it, and then magically acquaring skills.
You have to invest time and effort on it, believe it or not, people start from zero and have to build up from there, everyone has different styles, you can try to imitate someone's while you build up your skill, but it's best if you develop yours.

if you want a decent fanart tier, then roughly 2 or 3 years if you can spent atleast 2-3 hours a day drawing and studying. Practice is a meme by the way, it's applied studying plus practice is the most efficient way to go. Drawing the same shit without a fundamental direction will guarantee you an art block.

What exactly do you mean by studying?

I heard once that drawing is about 20% hand-eye coordination/motor skills and 80% analytical skills. Not sure sure what that means exactly.

Well, it's hard to say, if it was up to me I'd say it's about the amount of detail he puts in every panel pretty much.

>analytical skills.
that's the point, you can't analyze without a foreknowledge. Murata dont draw purely from muscle memories. Take anatomy for example, knowing which part of tendon is connected and which form it take when you flex feed your imagination, so that you can translate it down into your pencil. It isn't potrait art with reference, manga art are mostly create from tuition reinforced by understand of form.

understanding*

Makes sense. You can't draw an object well without having study every angle of it.

For one, he has solid fundamentals in stuff like perspective and light. But more importantly, he's good at making his drawings come alive, which suggests that he has done a lot of observation on physics, which allows him to convey them in drawing through poses and effects. He's also good at using framing and composition for dramatic effect, evident in panels and sequences he got to design on his own.

So what is meant by studying is actually building up a visual library by studying objects and people in detail?

Detail, form, consistency, speed. There are people who could draw as good as him but I can't remember anyone of them who also works in comic/manga industry.

Yep. Draw, and draw, and draw. Every day. Every hour. Different things. Maybe in ten years you would be able to come close to Murata.

Not just a visual library, but the ability to construct three dimensional objects mentally. You're not referring to any specific object but creating an entirely new one using the principles of three dimensional geometry.

>that frame

Well shit. Don't you have to start really young to ever even get good? I always wanted to be really good at drawing when I was younger, but I sucked so bad I just gave up.

Not a lot of people can create a three dimensional object in their head and analyze it and then put that in a drawing.

He really didn't settle for the first 4 attempts did he? He kept erasing it again and again till he felt comfortable with it.

You could get a good consistent style in maybe 2-3 years. Especially if you go for something stylised. Murata is just a being of godlike skill and power so of course you need a lot of time to get on his level.

Frog thought he caught Garou's leg so Smile Man could attack him but Garou did some kind of ballet spin, freed himself (?) and redirected Smile Man's ball at Frog.

Makes me wanna draw again

Murata or Miura?

Miurata

I wouldn't even start to presume I could reach his level, but I wish I could do decent fanart if nothing else.

Fuck my life. This sketch has better feeling of movement and distance than anything I have ever done.

You could if you really put a lot of effort into it.
It'd be like Saitama's training, just keep drawing every day a couple of hours for a long period of time, you also should study anatomy.

With motivation and effective learning you can get to "decent fanart" level quite fast.

Miura for level of detail

Than take a pencil and draw. Draw what you like and draw objects. Just plop around a couple of different things, like cans, toothbrushes, flowers, on a chair and draw it all. From different angles.

One day you draw objects like this. Another read manuals on how to draw say comic characters or anatomy and try to draw them. Static figures are pretty easy especially with reference. But if you want to do a comic you will need more time.

You'll see a big improvement in just a couple of months. And within 2-3 years you'll be able to draw decent pictures.

Heck, Murata has a huge fap muscle.

Garou looks so graceful there. Man Murata is a master of movement.

Details are really good but his art lacks Murata's depth.

What constitutes effective learning?

I see. So you would start by drawing everyday objects in all perspectives, then move on to anatomy and finally put things together? Are there any good manuals/references on this?

There is a lot of manuals. I'd recommend to go for classics that are used in art schools. They are somewhat dry but do not spend words on feel-good bullshit and long winded explanations.

> Don't you have to start really young

I began drawing around 4-5 years ago at 17, so no, not really.

Well, I am 24, soon 25. I just hate my current direction in life and wish I could gain some creative skills.

This is page 6 I believe.

The future is now, old man

I'm 31 and I draw like shit so you have a lot of time to get worse.

>What constitutes effective learning?
Depends on your goals, since you can't practice everything at the same time. Anyway, it's the same as with all practice: your goal is to be able to apply your skill beyond the context of the lesson. If you can only produce derivatives of an example, you haven't learned anything. Whenever you find yourself having to guess instead of knowing, you identify your weakness and gain something to study and correct.

murata>inoue>miura

Frog is kill.

Take that tsuyu fags

wat?

So as expected, Garou will win by reflecting their attacks to each others.

Once the formation is broken, they should begin losing pretty quickly. Gatling will probably fuck up and hurt most of the others.

Garou even caught Frog's weapon.

Garou is reincarnation of Icyhot confirmed.

He traded blows with an S-class that can pick up entire sections of concrete buildings and throw them like peebles, and won.
Even if he is weakened, what the fuck did they expect?

Blame Gatling for being an overconfident ass.

you're not going to make it. back to drawing. t./ic/

Got anymore gifs like this?

Garou cut Smileman's weapon

>"I'm sorry onii-chan, He can carry more shopping bags than you..."

Did Garou also cut Smile Man's weapon string?

So it seems.

Should I just kill myself now?

Miura can't into art composition for shit.

At least first learn to illustrate your future suicide.

I haven't gone to /ic/ before. Am I being memed?

this

/ic/ is full of 20 year olds whose greatest ambition in life is to be hired by a video game company to digitally paint over photographs. They are extremely insecure and bitter and attempt to infect others with their negativity. You should only browse /ic/ for resources and ignore all discussion.

I think Garou is using the ball as cover too.

All according to keikaku.

Yeah, Cowboy can't reach him because of that.

Garou will probably use Frog's chained blade to deal with him.

>blocking the bullet with Frog's blade

What a beast.

Gatling stepping in when?

His turn to fuck up is coming.

Garou destroyed smile man's ball?

Garou turned it into a kamehameha.

Cowboy is kill.

We're -this- close to Gatling being cornered by Garou, and you know what that means.

Tacchan soon?

Smile Man is actually in panic.

Garou made the ball ricochet?

So will Glasses get fucked up as well?

I'm betting he will be the last remaining one with Gatling. Maybe he'll be the one calling for help.

It's very likely. He's also the most likely guy to ask for help.

It is if you break them.

His leg was completely fine user. You're smoking something.

Does he understand English? Also he is off air now btw

Stream ended abruptly.

Murata's "See you later" is adorable desu.

Yep, that's Garou after the new flashback, which is only 2 pages long.