And it's over, episode 8 is finally here

And it's over, episode 8 is finally here

As a Zaregotofag I was happy as fuck they animated it, even if it was quite cheap compared even to Bake.

Jun was awesome even with basically only 1 episode of screentime and Tomo is the best as usual. Iichan was fine

Other urls found in this thread:

tarabletranslation.wordpress.com/2017/09/30/new-project/
youtube.com/watch?v=eG2q7eJ13Ls
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I haven't seen the rest of the episodes except for the first one. Did they adapted if faithfully to the novel or are there some slight changes?
Will there ever be a Kubishime Romanticist anime adaptation?

>Did they adapted if faithfully to the novel or are there some slight changes?

I think they skipped some dialog, but it's a pretty faithful adaptation

>Will there ever be a Kubishime Romanticist anime adaptation?
we can only hope, I want Hitoshiki animated

So let me get this straight, 'Akane' who was actually Kanami killed the real Akane simply because she want to become her for shits and giggles?

And on top of that 'Akane' might not even be the real Kanami and could possibly be someone else?

basically yes

welcome to zaregoto, It's not the last time something like this will happen

You haven't experienced a Mikoko yet.

>simply because she want to become her for shits and giggles?

No, she planned this out because she really wanted it.

Ningen is getting translated

tarabletranslation.wordpress.com/2017/09/30/new-project/

I'll miss it

now that's amazing news

I liked the series a lot but the ending is so "Nisio" that it will take some time to wrap my head for it.

At this point in time, not a fan of the logical leap of people's appearances being so similar they can trade places and no one notices. Also of letting the culprit just get away with it all.

I take it this was just the first part of the series and later one get's further insight into the MC and his relationship with Kunagisa ?

>Also of letting the culprit just get away with it all.
This happens a lot in Zaregoto. Out of all 5 culprits over the course of Zaregoto, I think only one of them ends up directly "punished." Though two of them end up dying later on for unrelated reasons.

Does the unnamed genius ever show up again?

A minor apperance in the last arcs.

Well that's not reassuring but I like rest of Nisio's writing too much for that to phase me.

She is the Ultimate Imposter.

Hopefully we'll get the second volume animated too

The entire sieres is kinda nonchalant on death and murder. Iria just let her go since it's just fun and games to her and iichan doesn't care which you'll see alot more of in the next volume.

The circumstances for the others are different to the first though since the murderer isn't confined and let go by a bunch of people like Akane was.

2 but the same volume.

nice

Zaregotoverse just has a fucking weird sense of morality.

Oh, true, I wasn't counting Muimi. I guess there's a total of 6 culprits over the series, then.

Will they animate the other volumes some day?

It's one of the best selling anime in the past 2 years so I don't see why not. It's not like it looks any better than a TV anime either so I doubt it had any budget to begin with.

It took almost an entire year, but best SHAFT girl is finally properly introduced.

The only problem is that the lack of budget and constant delays prove that Shaft doesn't give much of a fuck about Zaregoto. The sales were good, sure, but Madoka also had good sales and there's still no second season of that.

>Shaft doesn't give much of a fuck about Zaregoto
True which is weird since the entire reason they got Bakemonogatari was because the entire staff with nisio/zaregoto fanboys. I guess they all left.

It's also funny because in an interview, they claimed they went with the OVA format over a 2 hour movie because Zaregoto is very special to Nisio and they wanted to do it justice, but then they made it look like shit anyway.

Well I guess it ties into the intro for ep 7 and all the geniuses stuff at the very beginning.

I need to rewatch the bits about Ilia's past or appearance (scar?) as I completely missed the significance of that her arm reveal.

Sup Forums doesn't really care either I am honestly surprised it had good sales. I personally loved it which is why I hope to see the rest, escpecially since the LN series was never fully translated.

>Sup Forums doesn't really care either I am honestly surprised it had good sales.
I mean, the only reason it had good sales is because the LN itself was one of the most popular and influential of its time. It was essentially the childhood of a lot of Japanese young adults, so those people are happy to buy the DVDs.

Obviously that wouldn't be the case with the Western fanbase, since the novels aren't particularly well known or even fully translated.

>I think only one of them ends up directly "punished."
Ii-chan don't play around when he's is pissed.

Funny how Aikawa mentions the conversation between Shinya and Boku when IIRC that conversation was cut from the anime.

I know most people are annoyed by Kajiura by now but I loved the main tracks and the ED.

It was definitely cut, they didn't characterize him at all and they did that a few times. I don't think whoever was editing the script even read the novel.

Yeah, Shinya was a big problem with the adaptation. The reason he didn't look obviously suspicious in the novel despite all the evidence against him was because he was shown to care deeply about Ibuki. I wouldn't get that impression at all if I'd only watched the anime.

But in the anime there also wasn't any of the bits where he comes off as an obvious suspect so it evens out.

Really? He's already pretty damn suspicious by the time he gets the phone call and insists Ibuki is alive after the earthquake.

How in the world did that make him suspicious?

After the call he looked really suspect and they just did a lazy job of making him actually look sad like it was described in the novel.

How did it not? He claimed she was alive when we as the audience never got to hear her voice, and didn't even bother to go check on her in person afterwards.

They also seemed to leave out the part when Maki prophesies her death in two years and most of the other farewells in general. Instead they gave Ii-tan the spotlight for his emo rant.

>They also seemed to leave out the part when Maki prophesies her death in two years
Seriously? That ends up being a big plot point in Nekosogi, so I guess they really have no plans of continuing.

I don't really buy it, in the novel he was suspect from the very moment he showed up so one would naturally be biased in scrutinizing his actions, but judging from the anime only perspective he was far from suspect at that point.

>in the novel he was suspect from the very moment he showed up
What exactly made him more suspicious in the novel?

His conversation with Boku. He even says "this dude is suspicious".

Why did they give iichan's interjection to Akane again?

This was iichan in the novel which leads to Tomo getting annoyed.

Quickly, post all your Makis.

Yeah, but I don't think he meant suspicious in the sense of "would commit a murder" so much as just being a shady guy in general. I don't recall Ii-chan ever entertaining the idea that Shinya could have killed Ibuki. Anytime he talks about Shinya after the murder it's always about how depressed he looks.

>I am honestly surprised it had good sales
That's just because there was this shitter who hated the anime in every Zaregoto thread saying stupid false shit like how the Japanese are hating the adaptation and boycotting it.

That is true though, a good majority of the japanese fanbase hate the adaption.

Well, that wasn't totally a lie. The 2ch thread for the show is full of people raging about how much they hate it and shitting on Shaft. It's certainly a divisive adaptation, but there are enough people so excited about Zaregoto getting an anime at all that they don't care about the quality and buy it anyway.

2ch is as good an indicator of actual consumer opinion as Sup Forums is, and by that I mean not good at all.

But it's the same on most other media outlets.

It's a good indicator of fan reception just like Sup Forums. It's like like Sup Forums shitting on Berserk was unwarranted or much different to outside Sup Forums.

I dropped it after episode 3, really lazy job they did with this one.

It's not like I would understand the novel eitherway, so who cares?
Did they ever continue the translation?

>It's not like I would understand the novel eitherway, so who cares?
It matters because if they ever animate that far it will be a plot hole. It means they likely don't plan to continue animating the story.

>Did they ever continue the translation?
Not since January. Vertical might keep going with the official release, though, and a fan translation of the Ningen series just started up.

What happened to the Kodansha translations? I kinda prefer their more compact length wise paperbacks. Also, are there any PDFs of Faust 1 and 2 online?

You mean the ones by Yen Press? Those were cancelled like 7 years ago.

Fucking neat.

>even if it was quite cheap compared even to Bake.
I only watched the first two Zaregoto episodes, but it looked better directed than the Monogataris directed by Itamura. I think it was cheap as fuck because they mindlessly recycled Monogatari's direction style when Zaregoto deserved its own personal style, though.

>i bet you call a VESPA a 'scoota'
Every time.

>Sup Forums doesn't really care either
It's really hard to care about a mystery when it's fed to you in tiny pieces over the course of a year. If Zaregoto aired as part of a season, then it would get way more discussion.

Why the fuck do they hate it? It's pretty faithful to the source all things considered, it cuts some dialogue to be sure but they had to work with the time constraints that they had

I honestly only started watching it after episode 6 came out because I really didn't want to wait so long for each episode.

Is there actually anyone here who isn't a light novel reader?

>thinking you can reason with "the book wuz better" fags

Because it's the ultimate in lazy products. The animation looks like shit, the direction is uninspired, the release format is bad to begin with, and then it's bogged down by dozens of delays despite the fact that it's only one 30 minute episode per month.

I'm just curious user, what sort of directing style would you think are interesting for Zaregoto? I personally think that the Monogatari style works well since it's such a "people standing in rooms talking" sorta show

I think people are just made because Shaft played it really safe with it, to the fans it looks like Shaft is running out of Monogatari novels to adapt so they need to squeeze some yen out of the rest of nisio's stuff.

I personally like the Monogatari style but it really has become business as usual by now.

I don't read LNs in general, not even Nisio's, some LNs make for good anime material but as books they're really bad.

Maybe they will add more budget, sales are good.

Christ, you're that /lit/fag who insists the anime is better than the novel in every thread, aren't you?

Maybe.

Have you actually even read any of Zaregoto?

I have and in my opinion it suffered from the same problem of barebones writing all LNs do.

It's the equivalent of a Japanese YA novel. Stop comparing it to Charles Dickens.

It's not that I'm not aware of the nature of them but just as I don't read YA I also do not read LNs.

Sure.

Okay, but the Harry Potter movies aren't better than the novels just because Rowling's prose is mediocre. That's essentially what you're saying here, you realize.

Psychic > Blue Loli > Detective > Killer > Dead > Hikari > "Illia" > Teruko > Akari > "Rei" > Chef

Well sure but I think that that's true in the case of Monogatari, not only are they faithful adaptations the anime actually adds to it. In Zaregoto's case it's a bit more iffy since the anime was so lazy, but overall I'd still rather watch the anime.

Man, Kubikiri's cast is garbage.

At least it's light years better compared to Hanging Highschool's cast.

Eh, disagree. Ichihime is way better than anyone in Kubikiri, and while Shiogi and Tamamo are underdeveloped in Kubitsuri, at least they're fun characters in Ningen.

That's pretty funny because I thought Ichihime was the worst aspect of Hanging. I mean she gets development later on, but regarding the third book alone, her secret was way too obvious and her motives just didn't interest me. and just as you said, the other characters only had fodder roles in that particular volume. I guess my main complaint is that they were way too 2 dimensional and fell into the archetypes befitting the highschool setting. (especially Shiogi). Speaking of the setting, the whole entire incident took place inside that highschool, alternating between the principal's room and the hallways. And I guess schools just evoke a bland and suffocating feeling because I felt like the characters were going no where in particular, just wandering through the halls. Also, Ii-tan was a bit too much of a whiny cunt (though I wouldn't really blame him?) for being around Aikawa.

Yeah, I agree it was way too obvious she was the killer, partly because the hints were too blatant and partly because there just wasn't anyone else it could possibly be. I think the part we disagree on is how interesting it turned out to be in execution, though. I didn't care about her much up to that point, but I liked that the ending turned her "innocent moe character to be protected" trope on its head, and how manipulative and isolated of a person she really was. I do think that her motives could've been slightly better developed, since Nisio leaned too hard on "we can only guess what exactly drove her to do what she did," but I think weak motives are a big problem with Zaregoto in general up until Psychological.

I liked it.
>even if it was quite cheap compared even to Bake.
I mean, the art doesn't have the same feel but I wouldn't say that there wasn't a lot of effort put into it. There was a lot of creativity put into it as far as the directing goes, and there were a lot of really nice looking scenes. The episode where MC talks to Akane through the locked room was on par with the best Monogatari visuals.

See, superficial opinions like your are a perfect way to spot a pleb who is all brainless talk. Nisio is one of the few LN author who actually turned that "barebones writing" into a personal and well made style. If you seriously think that style it's barebones in the same way Konosuba's style is barebones, for example, your brain is nothing more than a rotten mess.

>as I don't read YA I also do not read LNs.
But instead you watch anime instead or watching art house, really a coherent point of view and not just empty stock shit talking.

>the anime actually adds to it.
Not really, and if the ones directed by Oishi are worthy for his direction in any case, actually thinking about the ones directed by Itamura only shows what kind of completely brainless pleb you are.

actually thinking that* about the ones directed by Itamura

don't waste time arguing with fedora tipping idiots

Book 2 of Vertical translation comes out next February. Hopefully they pick up the pace with it after that like they did with Monogatari.

On the most basic level, it's an OVA released less than monthly which looks worse than most weekly TV shows. That's bad regardless, but when you add on the fact that it's an adaptation the fanbase has been waiting 15 years for, it's pretty abysmal.

youtube.com/watch?v=eG2q7eJ13Ls

>a random novel he wrote has better production than his nonsense

What the hell.

I hope so.

Well avex is swimming in money after yaoi on ice so they can afford to hire good animators. SHAFT is poor as shit and their owners Aniplex won't spend an extra dime on quality when Nisio fags will buy this garbage regardless.

Is that basically just a battle royal or something like Rokka no Yuusha in which the heroes are tricked into fight each other?

Not him, but I was 100% sure she was gonna be the killer from the very start precisely because she was a cute moe girl. There's no way Nisio was ever going to actually play that trope straight, he's predictable in how subversive he attempts to be. Aside from that one time in Koimonogatari where he does a fucking double subversion with Kaiki that actually caught me off guard and showed how much he's grown as a writer since the early days of Zaregoto. Anyway, while I feel that Hanging Highschool is overall weak, I liked the overall lighter tone, the chemistry between Ii and Aikawa and how their relationship develops throughout it.