Jojo is the greatest anime ever with absolutely masterful writing and creativity...

Jojo is the greatest anime ever with absolutely masterful writing and creativity. Anyone who says otherwise is just a jealous faggot because their anime or manga doesn't make nearly as much of a boom.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=APBSaJ5AA_c
youtube.com/watch?v=Uk043rYnBMk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=xoYryFR9Zb0
takashi0.tumblr.com/post/165943274857/bracketier-download-all-four-translated-jojo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I liked it better when it was called Fist of the North Star.

I think how David draws this 3pt+ is extremely ugly. No offense.

Animeonlys ruined JoJo on Sup Forums. Look at OP, he's not even aware that JoJo is a manga yet he is praising it like it's the next coming of Jesus.
Part 1 and 2 were excellent in their animated form, yeah, but they're not the best anime has to offer.

Haha. Oh shut up you jealous faggot. Go back to watching your shitty Hunter x Hunter.

Part 1 had horrid animation though, it wasn't until the BD that it was acceptable

Oh, it's that user again from that BnHA thread

Part one was the meme mine, needs respect for that

To be fair the manga is easily also in the top 10 ever written

>Grown men prancing around in midriff-revealing clothes and only interacting with other men.
You're an honest-to-goodness faggot.

No, its generic shounen-shit.
Part 4 onwards is where the series gets good

>It gets good after four seasons

It's shit.

That's what i just said

I can't have the amounts of plot armor Joseph had so there's no need for me to self insert into that faggottness or awesomeness or whatever. Just something nice to read.

>anime

I just finished SBR. It's really good

I watched the live action movie. AMA.

Part 2 is still the best part

why didnt joseph catch up to caesar in time what a slowpoke

Bad characters and the worst villain tho

The dub is better, though.

Sorry, but Valentine is the worst villain.

>stays in the shadows the whole part
>shows up just at the end
>no history with the main characters
>the only reason the main characters have yo fight him is because he's taking the corpse parts, literally the exact same reason as every other villain of the week in the part

He's not even actually a good guy like people meme him to be. If you actually believe that he's doing it for his country, then congrats, you're retarded and fell for his lies. He only said that to Johnny so he would drop his guard. The entire part he's shown to backstab people around him; he betrayed Diego, betrayed Steel, killed his own henchmen for literally no reason, and lied to Lucy. If you believed that he really cared about everyone by that point, you're actually a fucking retard.

Valentine is nothing more than evil for the sake of power. He's Part 1 Dio tier.

>1st of the month
>Want to make spoilers when joke
>Can't because even China spoilers have vanished.
Mi--Spoileranon will come back,
right?
>If you actually believe that he's doing it for his country, then congrats, you're retarded and fell for his lies.
This bothers me how thee people 100% go dead serious on Valentine. it's a small minority of people, but it's beyond me. I still prefer Valentine over Kars, and I think in the end he had a interesting fight, D4C is fun and the fact you see how truly indoctrinated he is in his own ideology made him more interesting to me than Kars. I'd put them both on the lower end, but I thik Valentine has a little bit more about him. If Kars were giving the same length as Valentine I fear he would have either over stayed his welcome. Pulp Fiction is a good movie too.

I agree that the fight was interesting, one of the best final fights in the series, action-wise. I just get tired of people blowing sunshine up Valentine's ass like he's the end-all and be-all of not just JoJo, but written villains in general.

Valentine was great near the end because it's the only time he showed character

The guy really needed his own arc like Kira or Diavolo.

Well... here it is.

youtube.com/watch?v=APBSaJ5AA_c

He's had the best stand power, best stand design, and best stand execution.

>Valentine is nothing more than evil for the sake of power. He's Part 1 Dio tier.
So he's Trump?

KEK, JoJo part 7 it's overrated, it's good but it's not a masterpiece.
In my ranking
7>4>6>5>2>3>1
I don't put 8 because it's not finished.
The best JoJo it's Joseph and the best villain it's Yoshikage Kira. funny Valentine it's a fucking idiot who work for EUA, Senator Armstrong is better than Valentine.

>KEK, JoJo part 7 it's overrated
>lists it as the best part

yes.
it's only good but it's still the best.

>Gets BTFO
>Tries to defend himself badly
you OK reatard?

I like it.

>reatard

>mfw I'm starting to think part 4 might be my favorite

I'm only on 6 but I like 4 as a whole package. Every other part there are things I like about and things I don't like.

4 feels like the most well-rounded to me in terms of story, characters, art style, action, etc.

>their anime or manga doesn't make nearly as much of a boom.
But Gundam did

I am wood
Stupid

That's normal. Part 6 is my personal favourite, although it's followed closely by Part 4.

As a jojofag this is False
Part 1 had awful pacing, a bland protag, yet a good relationship with the Antag and JoJo and a Good Ending
Part 2 had an entertaining Jojo, but the villians beside Wham were pretty uninteresting, Ceaser was't much of a bro to Joseph, yet its telled that him and Joseph became Bros during a Traing Montage, and Hamon just does whatever the plot demands
Part 3 had some of the best crew interactions in Jojo, Jotaro despite not being as funny as Joseph still gets some laughs out of me because of his over the top Stoicness, kakyoin and Abdul we're underdeveloped, the MoTw format ca feel fillerish at times, SAME STAND, the ending (Not the Fight) felt satisfying to The whole Part with the remaining crusaders Saying their Goodbyes
Just because you like something doesn't mean you can't see the faults in it

I really love Part 5

But Dio wants power to take over the world, Valentine wants power to make the U.S More of a superpower than what it already was

So what does that say about everything that isn't part 7? Jojo is shit but the rest is even more shit.

Being overrated doesn't mean something is bad.

Do people hate part 5 because I of the bad translations or is it just bad

I liked the idea of having a more balanced part but part 4's cast was overwhelmingly boring to me.

Why

The translations are good now but it still has its detractors.
Main reason people don't like Part 5 tends to be
>Think Giorno is boring
>Don't like Diavolo
>Hate the abrupt, rushed ending
>May not like some of the characters

I think I nailed the major points. Ending aside, I liked pretty much everyone, and the fights, plot, characterization, and villains are so entertaining it's very hard for me to hate. Main thing that would improve it for me is to fix Giorno's asspull moments and power inconsistencies (the fly thing with Bruno, the Coco Jumbo replica) but otherwise I'm good.

Yeah, for himself, not for his countrymen. He didn't give a fuck about what he could do for America, only what America could do for him.

Also, Rolling Stones felt poorly placed.I hope the anime just place clips of it after Mista Fights

I wouldn't say that because he more of an break a few eggs to make an omelet type of guy. Remember that Flasback about his Father, that's what sparked his warped views of patriotism

Same, Part 4 just fell really flat for me. Not my cup of tea at all. I don't care for the first half at all and it's a slog both art and story wise. For every bit I like there's a bit I couldn't stand. For example Hayato/Shinobu there's Ayylmao, Kira is interesting, but again falls kind of flat.
But that's kinda the joy of Jojo for me at least and talking about it. Everyone part has it's unique flavour and talking to BT fans about Joseph or nostalgiafags about PB make for shit you might not have picked up. Like i personally can't stand Joseph, but I get why people do like him and chatting with BT fans was illuminating.
Can you tell that I'm a 6/8fag?

post jojo refrences

>Fist of the North Star.
t. person who didnt even finish part 1

The designs stopped being similar to FotNS in the middle of part 4.

People don't hate it anymore. It's usually 2nd/3rd favourite for jojo fans

>generic shounen shit

Part 1 was a blatant rip off of a lot of elements of HnK but still gave the series a flavor and direction. Part 2 was more original and Part 3 and onward were completely fresh ideas.

If it gets good it's not shit by definition retard

Vento Aureo suffered from flaws aside from bad translation. IMO it had basically no stakes and Giorno was too far removed from anything else in the Joestar family to make it feel like a part of the series. It was more like a detour than a destination
Says who?

Here's the RERO RERO RERO in the dub that wasn't showed off at anime expo. The one in the train scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=Uk043rYnBMk

licklicklicklicklicklick

fucking kyle hebert

Not bad desu
Speaking of the dub, what are your guys' thoughts on it so far?

I'm really enjoying it. The only bad part about it is Avdol in my opinion.

I may get flak for this, but I prefer the English ORAs to the Japanese ones. They're just more powerful.

To be fair, it's Patrick Seitz. He tends to be used for power.

>basically no stakes
How

I really liked part 8 when it started, up to the daimyo arc.
but as of right now its pretty fucking boring
Part 4 is still the best. Part 5 is okay.

Battle tendency is really amazing. Joseph vs Wham is one of the best things i've seen in anime.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xoYryFR9Zb0
>3:52
I love This Dub now

I kinda get what he means. Every single enemy the crew faces gets defeated with no significant consequence to the MCs. Only Diavolo disrupts this. I do like that the MV ends up being the one to kill the MCs, but there should have been less enemies if it was just going to be the same shit every time.

Dio and the pillarmen were genuine threats to the world and humanity. Kira was small-time but had the misfortune of fucking with the Joestars. Diavolo was a threat exactly to...a one-arc character's dream of being a GANGSTAR?

He was a danger to children because he sold them drugs. That's the whole reason they wanted to kill him in the first place.

Not that it's a good reason compared to the other parts, but that's why.

Of shit

Isnt it more about a threat to italy (Possibly the world after) mostly?
considering that diavolo's gang was basically fucking the police, the gubbamint and the populace.

>It takes 4 parts until it gets good
>Greatest

Threats that are personal>threats that aren't that personal
This is why Kira is better than Dio and the puller men he has the potential to kill the people of the town, which includes all the people that Josuke and co made amends with and he Killed Shigheci giving A personal reason for why the cast is after him

Tonpetty was the strongest character in part 1. Having him fight Dio would have broken the anime. Hell, he only got one panel of combat in the manga, and it was fucking awesome.

Initially Diavolo just sold drugs to children and Giorno and Bruno had a very strong moral opposition to such a thing, and this is why Giorno wanted to take things over in the first place.

Diavolo turning out to kill the innocent Trish solely for existing and possibly giving him away was what cemented him as an evil man to Buccellati, and Giorno by extension, who wouldn't stand for that shit either. So it's at this point in the story that they realize the boss is actually a terrible person who really should just be put to an end.

Diavolo also talks a lot about remaining on the "climax" using his King Crimson, so he can be on top of the world because he believes his Stand and his success were fate's gift. Polnareff, as well as Diavolo himself, implies Diavolo would have gone global once he got his hands on the arrow, and Giorno opposes him at the end in part because of his dream, but he straight-up says things that amount to "you're evil and have been avoiding fate for too long, so you should die".

So it does start out like "oh drugs" but it definitely becomes far more personal later.

I imagine you're just getting sick of waiting a month between chapters.

Did Diavolo actually physically sell drugs to children? I guess he would do it as Doppio.

Little over 2 weeks left until the next chapter. Also post these charts. I just finished mine finally.

>Bad Company
>Sugar Mountain
>Weather Report

i disagree with some things but i ultimately understand your reasoning and respect your taste

We got a Part 4 announcement in October and a Release in April. Do you think the same thing will happen to Part 5?

Yeah but that was 4 months after Stardust Crusaders ended. It's been 10 months.

Too many plotholes.
The stands fights is still great though

True but DP has been working on 2-3 shows since DIU ended which is most likely the reason why VA has been taking so long plus they need to give it the time and animation budget it needs. Having an october annoucement and an april release is not unreasonable

Here's a link for all 4 JoJo novels.
takashi0.tumblr.com/post/165943274857/bracketier-download-all-four-translated-jojo

The only thing that has me kinda doubting is that there has been no announcement of an event or something like that

But i could totally see them announcing an event within the next few weeks

I love how much they swear in it. Makes it feel more real.

2014: Stardust Crusaders + 1 ep Nep OVA
2015: Stardust Crusaders 2
2016: Diamond is Unbreakable, Planetarian movie, Planetarian ONA, Monster Hunter
2017: Monster Hunter still ongoing, Sakurada Reset, Rohan OVA
They've been pretty busy since 2016. Though, now they're free since they've finished their 2017 stuff.

I'm new to the manga, should I read it colored or not? Black and white lineart sometimes gets a bit convoluted during fights

Yeah - since they have finished their 2017 with no other announcements coming make me think that they are working on Part 5 and we will get a Part 4 style annoucement soon

>Too many plotholes
That's Jojo in general

Look out for the Jojonium releases.
They do mainly B/W but with certain chapters coloured.

Part 1 is decent and probably among better paced JoJo arcs.
Part 2 has some minor issues, but ultimately just fantastic.
Part 3 is boring and has like 2-3 decent fights. Formulaic shit killed JoJo.
Part 4 I used to enjoy as manga, but anime disappointed me so much I know doubt that it was even good to begin with.
Part 5 is a joke.
Part 6 is ok, but underutilizes every single interesting idea and character it has.
Part 7 is the best. It's weird and bizarre and feels more imaginative/less formulaic than Parts 3-6.

It'd be better if the artstyle/designs weren't so fucking hideous

>2 fantastic
>5 a joke
what in the fuck user

What do you think of part 8 so far?

>Says who?
That's what I observed from looking at people ranking parts

>Part 1
>Good pacing
Pick one. Yes 3 may be formulaic but it still has a sense of progress compared to the the middle of part 1

Part 2 just has minor issues like every Charcter beside Joseph,Wham, and cyborg nazi being shit. Ceaser's relationship with Joseph is just implied to be good in a montage,they barely have any Chemistry with each other besides hating each other

It's pretty good actually. Was afraid it would be worse.

Part 5 had some decent stuff, but story wasn't among them. It feels like a tokusatsu TV series with never-ending fillers and barely anything else. And don't get me started on how confusing Diavolo powers were (and not just his Stand. I also mean his alter-ago which can somehow drastically change his appearance) or how stupidly overpowered Fugo was to the point that Araki had to write him off all together.
Part 5 is the weakest JoJo part and feels like a weaker version of Part 3 at best. Which is a shame, because Giorno is probably one of the best MC in JoJo.

Part 1 was constantly changing right till the end, while Part 3 was drugging like hell. Especially in the first half. The whole "hey, it's our new weirdo of the week" gimmick gets old really fast.

Haven't read it yet.