Why can't Japan write a good romance anime?

Why can't Japan write a good romance anime?

I'm not talking about romance manga or LNs. There's plenty of good ones.

I'm asking why romance just can transfer into an animated 12 episode series.

>good romance
>post yuri garbage

gooks

Probably because the guys writing it are braindead NEETs and losers who never understood what an actual relatioship looks like. Let alone experiencing it themselves

Ef is a great 12 episode romance series.
Better than it's source material according to me.

>Tamaofags

Yuri is the only thing worth watching anime for. You know that already.

Strawberry panic was great until the last few eps when it just started cucking everyone

The cuckolding was foreshadowed in earlier episodes, user.

*disproves your point*

Lmao at people who rooted for blue hair. Shizuma-sama all the way.

/thread

You just posted one, except not 12 episodes

lurk 12 years before posting

>Strawberry Panic!
>good

I can't believe anyone on Sup Forums even watched that garbage.

Much less finished it.

Romance doesn't work in 12 episodes. The greatest romance takes place in 50. 12 episodes is how long it took that series to establish any sort of mutuality. It took all 50 for a kiss.

Thereby, the issue is not with writing, because most series are adaptations anyway, but with the insistence of limiting everything to 12 or 13 episodes with the vague possibility of a s2 that only the occult can predict.

Why did you think it was garbage? I'm honestly curious.

I think 24 episodes was just far too many for the length of the story, hence the shitty filler episodes.

>anti-tomboy grunting show
>good romance

This.

Because they keep trying to ham unfinished source material into 12 episodes and pull shit OC endings that make no sense.

>liking tomboys

>50 episodes for a kiss
No fuck that. Real romance doesn't work like that. I'm always annoyed as fuck when the story ends at a kiss.

>real romance doesn't work like that
How is this a criticism. Real people also aren't blobs of colour restrained by lines on a background
The romance is also an allegory so it can't be helped.

Most of the people who watch anime are either otaku or kids. Both don't take to conventional romance very well. And they're the one who drives the market.

Manga is hyper-mainstream, and LN serves a lot of various niches, and both of them only last as long as they stay popular, without the burden of timeslots.

>I'm always annoyed as fuck when the story ends at a kiss.

But that's what Love Hina did and it was a masterpiece.

This. Girls don't have feelings. They only pretend they do for attention

I mean Love Hina was one of the first anime I watched knowing it was anime but it's quite fucking terrible.

My dude Love Hina is a masterpiece if you're 12 and have never seen a girl before

>he fell for the Love Hina was bad meme

I feel sorry for you.

Doesn't change that no one liked it

What is Fruits Basket?

Tsuki ga Kirei was great.
If anime it has to be original to be good.

>The shit OVAs

I love how newfags never respond to serious demands for criticism.
>MUH ELITISM!

>Ms. Naru