Seinen that are Shonen

pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonlinear_narrative
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Seinen that are Shonen

Most of them. Manga are an extremely immature medium full with childish writing and shitty art.

Nice hat

I still remember an OP fag saying that Luffy had the best character design in the shonen manga demographic, was gonna post this as a counterexample. Was.

Tokyo Ghoul and reeeee:

>Shonen that are Seinen

>Seinen that are Shonen

> Seinen that are Shonen

Just play along.

OP

Play along how?

Wasn't it published in shonen magazine?

The only one I can think of is Detective Conan.

What a dumb thread.

It transferred to Ultra Jump.

Got offended?

Do you know around what point? Like vol or chapter?

Pretend the labels mean something.

Manga that are published in magazines for young adults that are published in magazines for young boys?

>people who think demographics are genres

Bet you think Isekai is a genre too.

manga published in young adult magazines that are really just edgy shit that appeals to kids

Yeah. It's not that difficult to understand OPs POV unless you are a child

So you're saying young adults don't like edgy shit?

>i'm going to use words incorrectly and expect everyone to play along

>i have autism, please be patient with me

No. He didn't use those words incorrectly at all. If you didn't know what OP meant it's your own damn fault. Not anyone's but your own.

>Manga that are good but I'm a butthurt fag that can't enjoy anything unless it's made by a middle aged Japanese man that makes a living off my fetishes.

Huh? You mean the opposite right? I do agree there's a fine line between generic fetish material and shonen manga dressed up as seinen. Truly an immature medium with not many works worth preserving.

Not OP, but Sanctuary is a dull political power-fantasy. Which also happens to be made by middle-aged Japanese men.

at least it looks good, is fun and has a nice cast
you know it's not really serious and the writing has some problems but it's interesting to say the least

Why do they draw those faces? What is wrong with Japan?

this is 100% shounen bud

Well it's a manga. did you really expect to find anything of value?

When will you people learn that this isn't possible because being in a seinen magazine makes you seinen and that's all that's needed. Not all seinen is edgy shit, it just typically means there's little or no furigana because the average seinen magazine reader doesn't need them.

Friendly reminder that the only difference bewteen seinen and shonen are the magazines in which they are published.

Yes. You ironic weebs should be purged from this site.

Its an easy way to convey emotions.

I like it, but god it's nowhere near being a Seinen, at least not in term of writing.

I'm not an ironic weeb. Manga is just an extremely childish immature medium. I'm mostly an anime guy. At least those have sense of directing and aren't just boring panels with shitty rushjob art that make for a worse experience than a LN

>Manga is just an extremely childish immature medium. I'm mostly an anime guy. At least those have sense of directing and aren't just boring panels with shitty rushjob art
This can't not be bait.

You have it completely backwards.

Once you have decided it's bait, you stop responding.
Don't parents teach their kids the DNFTT anymore?

Checking, just in case.

I don't. Manga rarely makes use of being a manga. Boring panelling and dialouge and everything is told mostly linear. I don't have shit backwards. You just don't watch enough anime

You just don't read enough manga.
Besides, manga almost always have much better staging and drawing than their anime adaptation.

I've read more manga than you I can safely say that much
>much better staging and drawing
stopped reading there

I've watched more anime than you I can safely say that much
>stopped reading there
stopped reading there

>Boring panelling and dialouge
You only feel this way because things are colorful and moving to satiate your poor attention span.

>everything is told mostly linear
Nonlinear storytelling isn't rare in any form of media. It depends to what extent you're talking about. Flashbacks for instance are nonlinear storytelling. You're probably talking about shit like Lain though which hardcuts to different scenes every couple of minutes. I think this doesn't work as well with manga but it does exist.

>you only feel this way
Because it's the truth.

>non-linear story telling
I wasn't talking about that at all. But good job on thinking I meant flashbacks.

That's why I said "depends to what extent you're talking about" because nonlinear storytelling is such a broad thing to say and includes stuff as common as flashbacks.

Okay. As long as you realize I don't have a poor attention span.

>I wasn't talking about that at all. But good job on thinking I meant flashbacks.
>I use words wrong, so it's your fault

Name some good anime. I have the same problem with manga, but with anime it's even worse.

Flashbacks are still told linearly.

An insertion of a flashback in a story breaks up the linear flow of the story though. I'm not sure you know what you're talking about since even with stuff known for nonlinear storytelling the individual parts are still linear, they're just not arranged linearly in the context of the entire story.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonlinear_narrative

I'm not here to argue. Water is wet.

Baka to test is a good example.

>I'm not here to argue
I kinda noticed.

Well evidently you did not given your reply.

This shit will never end will it?

What anime are you thinking of that has no linearity at all? Because like I said, even the most used examples of nonlinear storytelling are linear parts arranged nonlinearly. Something with no linearity at all probably wouldn't even be a story.

I still argue that Lucifer&Biscuit is basically shonen for people that feel too pretentious to like shonen.
And it's shit.

What's pretentious is thinking that shonen and seinen mean anything outside of what magazine they're running in.

No, I'm serious.

Explain yourself

what's wrong with those faces?

>I'm mostly an anime guy.
sigh, I'm so depressed for the future of Sup Forums and anime. I want to quit but I'm stuck in this site forever.
I want to get over with

I mean it might be dull to you but I found it plenty entertaining.

They don't belong in Eden.

What's wrong with wanting a visual medium to be actually visually stimulating?

And that's fine. I think it's just an age thing and I don't mean that in any way as an insult. I just don't see how else to put it.

The fact that you don't think a still medium can be visually stimulating.

>pick any seinen
>call it shonen
Quality thread

That's beside the point. Lucifer&Biscuit is bad and people tend to like it because it's short and shonen but claim it's seinen so it's better. The amount of people claiming it to be a masterpiece boggles my mind. I don't care for how things are categorized but the fact is still that people like this simplistic story that is similar to shonen tropes but pretend it's better because it's seinen.

Those people are retarded but so are you for being bothered by people calling it seinen when it is.

I never said that. You are directly replying to a statement that used the word 'mostly'. Again. Read more carefully before you make an argument

What do you consider a good manga then?

>but claim it's seinen so it's better
How does something being seinen makes it better? On the other hand, Lucifer has some themes and elements that you usually don't find in shonen so it's one of those edge cases (even though shonen and seinen only tells you which magazine it's published in).

Also, Lucifer is a masterpiece and you have shit taste.

You're "mostly" an anime guy but don't seem to like manga at all from your comments. These are the two comments in your post and the one before

>What's wrong with wanting a visual medium to be actually visually stimulating?
>Manga is just an extremely childish immature medium. I'm mostly an anime guy. At least those have sense of directing and aren't just boring panels with shitty rushjob art that make for a worse experience than a LN

>What's wrong with wanting a visual medium to be actually visually stimulating?
Okay. If you're not going to respond to a simple question then I can only assume there's nothing wrong with it.
>Manga is just an
Are you implying that statement isn't true?

My response was "The fact that you don't think a still medium can be visually stimulating" is what is wrong with it.

>Are you implying that statement isn't true?
I am if you're going to argue this isn't true for anime as well. Anime as a medium generally needs to appeal to younger audiences and yet you somehow think it's the opposite and that manga is the childish one.

Ah I think it's best if I just let you wane in your conclusions because none of them have been even remotely right. I suspect an ESL at work here. That or a female. Either way I don't really have time for your kind. It's a respect thing

Maybe you should try actually responding rather than resorting to ad hominems because you can't even remember what your last post said.

I've told you time and time again not to jump to conclusions and have corrected them every single time. I'm just done with it. That's all that comment was supposed to infer. If I even have to explain that then you can't seriously expect me to continue.