Madoka

Six years later and nothing even came close.

Do we need second season to dethrone the first?

No we didn't even need any movies. It was perfect already

There was already a new film announced a while back IIRC.

Honestly, Madoka has ruined the entire magical girl genre - it's popularity (outside of the actual target audience for magical girl anime) and commercial success mean that almost every serious magical girl anime since has just tried to rip it off, leaving nothing worthwhile for the rest of us

At least we have Matoi

Yeah, and the announcement went fucking nowhere.

>here's this cool (and obviously a sequel) teaser trailer for a "concept movie"
>zero information after this
>don't even mention it once or acknowledge you're working on it

It's like Anno with EVA 4.0. It kinda exists in a limbo state, but nothing ever happens.

Fuck no we don't need a second season.

What we got was perfect and complete. You can't append this without reducing what came before. Leave it alone.

Want more madoka? Do a spin-off series with some of the same characters in the same world, but leave the original alone.

>blaming madoka for being emulated by talentless hacks
>not blaming the talentless hacks that are emulating it

They won't leave it alone. Mobage is already growing into second FGO.

i didn't think it was that good

5/10

no this isnt bait.

>It kinda exists in a limbo state, but nothing ever happens.
Describe one more final in one sentence.

Anime production takes years. They may very well be working on it since Rebellion and we'll only know few months before airing.

Welp, time to go postal

Hey, guess what? That's okay. You're entitled to your opinion. I'm glad we can come together on Sup Forums to celebrate our diversity in opinions without trying to kill one another. Have a lovely day my dude.

Yeah I'm 7 episodes in and I'm not really seeing it. Feels bland. Production quality and music is top-notch tho.

They could at least confirm it exists (same goes for Rebuild 4.0). Just have someone go "yeah, it's real, and it's in production right now".

To be fair Shaft had to finish Kizu and other Monogatari related crap. Still weird for 5 years of nothing when it made so insane money.

To kill the hype way too early? You don't understand how modern marketing works.

Fucking Last Jedi don't even have a real PV yet.

Yeah, but Last Jedi had an official "yeah it exists and it's in production". I'm not asking for a trailer or so on, just some PR guy to confirm it's coming.

Traditional magical girl stuff hasn't gone anywhere.

Also most magical girl stuff isn't worthwhile. The genre is built on repetition and stock footage.

PreCure is doing fine and older magical girl franchises are getting revived.

Everyone knows it's coming. The question is when.

pretty much all the hype and praise came from episode 10 onwards.
Episode 3 had shock factor of course but I agree even the Sayaka arc didn't do much for me.

For the full experience don't forget to wait 6 weeks before watching 11 and 12

also forgot the mandatory jap commercials in the middle of each episode because fucking GG subs!

>Six years later and nothing even came close.
Made in Abyss.

so Sup Forums which ending would you have preferred?

Homerun ending could have been an interesting sequence when they were going through all the Homu resets. Just seeing an end or two where she fucking snaps would be nice.

Funny guy.

Nice dubs.

No. It exploded after episode 3 and was growing crazy fast with every episode. Then 9 came out and some people started saying that it dropped the ball. And then 10 happened and half of Japan was screaming about the best anime ever made. 2ch threads were beating Fukushima disaster threads.

Random note: On ff net I rewrote all of Madoka to be an American TV miniseries and I have trouble remembering the Japanese names sometimes because I think of them as my ironically-virtue-named counterparts. Don't get into fanfics, kids they'll find a way to frag you back a decade later.

Joy best girl.

I'm honestly surprised that they were not forced to make more of such a cashcow already.