What if we just started calling the semi-auto versions of these "defense-rifles?" Just reply to every tweet...

What if we just started calling the semi-auto versions of these "defense-rifles?" Just reply to every tweet, news article etc... and just keep calling them "defense-rifles" since they are used to defend homes instead of assaulting enemy positions?

Other urls found in this thread:

infowars.com/dhs-buys-7000-full-auto-assault-rifles-calls-them-personal-defense-weapons/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wont work

What if we called them "fun sized"?

>that tacticoolshit ak
makes me want to vomit

Good intent; but that’ll get hijacked to be Defense Industry Rifles by the muppets in MSM.

What actually makes them assault weapons
Is it just the appearance or some technical aspect?

That actually isn't a bad idea imo

Why not? People kept saying "Traps aren't gay" enough times that people started buying into that.

Kalishnakov shishkebab

Assault rifles are semi auto versions of full automatics.
Thats why mini 14 is exempt.

Actually it's the exact opposite. Assault rifles are fully automatic rifles with an additional option to change it to a semi-automatic firing mode with a toggle of the fire selector. Semi-automatics rifles that can only fire in semi-automatic are by definition not assault rifles.

An easy way to remember is that semi-automatic only rifles can only fire in semi-automatic. An assault rifle can fire in automatic or semi-automatic.

Better to start calling them “late term abortion machines”. Then libtards will insist everyone have one.

Just Ask CNN, Offering FAKE NEWS since the Golf War.

IM SICK OF YOU SICKO GUN NUTS IM GOING TO REPORT THIS TO THE FBI I literally know John Podesta

>An assault rifle is a selective-fire rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine

There was an article or meme around saying why is it called a PDW (personal defense weapon) when the Govt uses it but its called an assault weapon when a civilian uses it

This was the closest thing I could find

infowars.com/dhs-buys-7000-full-auto-assault-rifles-calls-them-personal-defense-weapons/

Ur already buying into their retarded paradigm.

Assault rifles are not for home defense and never were. That's retarded individualistic goy-think.

These weapons are specifically designed for killing people. Offensive in nature.

And because you have the right to overthrow a tyrannical government, you have the right to own the offensive ASSAULT weapons necessary for this.

It's just an arbitrary name for the classification. Assault rifle for short medium range, PDW for short range, combat shotgun or sidearm for short short range. For whatever reason US doctrine doesn't give a shit about individual men engaging combatants any further than 150m. As an armchair general I'd like to see something a little heftier and longer barrels. Why wait until their dicks are hovering over our asshole before we start shooting them?
I mean technically assault rifle are short barreled rifles(as far as the oppressive US gun laws go for citizens) in addition to the fun mode, but a PDW has an even shorter barrel than assault rifles.

This is actually a good argument.
I actually believe that someone can have a feminine penis now

I was thinking last night, unless you're on a farm, wouldn't an SMG arguably be a better home defense weapon? So you have the superior 2-handed control of a rifle, better accuracy than a pistol but less chance of shooting through your (or your neighbor's) walls and killing someone on the other side.

Do they have AR-15's with downsized rounds?

Is mine tacticoolshit?

that's defending yourself from tyranny you dumdum

Yeah a rifle caliber will penetrate more but if you miss your shot it can penetrate through walls regardless of whether it is a pistol caliber or a rifle caliber
I would personally rather use a rifle with hollow points / self defense ammo

Great idea. Reshape words to manufacture public opinion in the same way the left does.

>Defense rifles
Kill your self fucker, they are rifles for both defense and offense. You defense only faggots are the reason our country and gun are cucked.

actually a 55grain 5.56 round will tend to break apart when hitting plaster and wood walls, while most handgun rounds will still retain shape and keep going through rather easily.

Though an AK round is a different story, its mass and slower velocity will function similar to the handgun rounds where it wont break apart easily through walls

This is where the 5.56x45mm excels in close quarters, wou know your rounds will shatter when striking wall the majority of the time.

Plastics better than wood
Rails never are bad
Matte black good for not reflecting light and get exposed

I think instead we should just change 'tactical' to 'assault'

Black gloves? Assault gloves! Black car? Assault Car! Black flashlight? Assault flash light!

>Plastics better than wood
no

They come in everything from .50 BMG to .22 LR. It's a modular platform. Hell, there's even drop-in conversion kits that let an AR accept Glock mags.

Makes sense to me, especially if you correlate it to skin color

Dear burgers and /k/omandos. From the guns of OP's pic which one is the most easily produced by CNC methods?

He's talking about assault weapons which is some arbitrary list of features that if a weapon has a certain amount of them it's classified as an assault weapon. It's stuff like pistol grips, detachable mags, bayonet mount and folding stock.

So you can get good "defense" rounds for the 5.56 that keeps up stopping power but reduces likelihood of penetration into unwanted places?

That's fucking stupid, why not call it a rifle because that's what it is you dumb reddit fuck

>state pass laws against boycotting Israeli goods
>state pass law against assault rifle
>some assault rifles made by Israeli manufacturers
Oy vey call the adl.

All guns are defensive weapons.

Yours is a 74. Different animal.

60gr hallow points will act similarly, but when get much heavier in weight, like your 75grains they tend to stay together and dont reach high enough velocities to fragment as easily.

Also a 55gr fmj wil most likely perform far better than most hallow point handgun rounds on a target, its why most force on force classes teaches you that a handgun is a backup weapon that you use to get to a rifle.

But you have to consider your area, your home and how easily you can maneuver an AR in your home vs a handgun, while one provides better overall ability in stopping a threat, and recoil management with better follow-up shots, a handgun will provide better maneuverability in the home and around corners with less training, even though an AR-15 cna be used effectively in the same areas if you are trained enough.

he said AK, so I posted AK

Rails are not always good, usually people have way too much rail space that goes unused and its just dead weight.

>bought the meme round version

I wish I could buy one of these

The next step would be to promote the idea that these weapons have always been a part of America, people just need to meet one, end prejudice and break down barriers

glad i did, was able to put a few thousand rounds of cheap .16¢ rounds through it in the time it lasted.
And waiting a few years, ammo prices have fallen to now .21¢ a round, not including shipping. Which is cheaper than 5.56, and about the same as .223, not including cheap shit tula ammo

Because they are firearms and that is what they are called.

i love the tavor
why dont i feel guilty about it?

This is how I understood it too.