Made in Abyss

How much discipline do you think it would take to live in the abyss if you can't go up a specific height?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AFx6dtVVkFA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't think I enjoy elevator rides any more.

why the fuck would this place that was built on the fifth layer have stairs AT ALL?
This implies the people who made it probably fucking died.

Can't you just go up little by little in the abyss so the curse doesn't affect you? If you can't, doesn't this mean that if you ever trip you have just reduced the height you are allowed to go up?

I want to be fucked by Bondrewd's voice.

>live next to a lake
>toilet is just a fucking hole with no running water to flush
>not even a fucking bowl

No remember its a membrane that stretches, but eventually it will break even if you go slow

I will never look at elevators or elevator music the same way again. I'll just start muttering "oya, oya, oya..." to cope.

Fanart of Bondrewd taking a shit when

This is always my reaction when my partner becomes numemon.

Wait, so if one builds a huge plataform, puts a lot of people on it and elevates it speedily, can't there be a more efficient, bigger hole that stays there for longer so many others beneath them can ascend unharmed?

Not how it works. The curse is like a giant blanket and you are affected by it when you break through it. Even if you do it slowly you'll still break through it when moving upwards, and still be affected.

But what if you make a bunch of, say, prisoners break through first? The hole doesn't stay?

I doubt the hole stays. The curse is almost fluid, so after its broken it would just get filled in again.

And it only affects humans?

No. That's why you don't see any of the weird shit from the really deep layers climbing up to the surface.

Nanachi crying voice is kinda cute…
youtube.com/watch?v=AFx6dtVVkFA

Alright user, I am going to bother you a little further. What if you get a bunch of the really small, friendly animals from the outer sections of the abyss and put them inside a big bag. Then, you attach this bag somewhere above you, and develop some sort of mechanism that makes you go up really fast. If you go fast enough, shouldn't the animals be the only ones affected by the curse as you sneak through the hole they created? A membrane doesn't immediately go back to its shape after an opening is created, there is still a little delay. One should be able to make use of that.

i want to rub his feminine penis!

Why Was mitty so meaty?

All the extra boob fat

That's the general principal behind Bondrewd's capsules. I guarantee you he tried it with animals first because they're much easier to obtain than orphans. But it didn't work. The curse of the abyss can only be warded off with strong emotions, and even then one of the two people will still be cursed, it's just that one person can take on the curse for another.

animals arent affected by the curse

why are you theorycrafting and missing basic shit : |

Speedreading

idk where you're getting the misconception that a "hole" is created by ascending through the abyss, but there isn't. passing THROUGH the membrane is literally what causes your body to experience the curse, so if there was a hole then logically you shouldn't be affected since the membrane did not pass through you

Not even bonedads cartridges can remove all effects, animals wouldn't work at all.

Animals are, there are just some that can see and avoid it. Bondrewd even tried using animals as substitutes to take the curse in his experiments. It just didn't work because they didn't love the orphans enough.

>passing THROUGH the membrane is literally what causes your body to experience the curse
That was kind of my point. The whole is created after someone breaks through the membrane. Did you think I meant that a hole would naturally appear before one ascends and that is what harms the person instead of the pressure of the membrane?

W-Why?

>Animals are

no,they are not, it directly says they are not

the curse is manmade and meant to restrict the movement of humans this is blindingly obvious with all the high tech stuff

>it directly says
Where?

>the curse is manmade
What did I miss?

>lacking foresight this badly

i'm sorry i forgot i was on Sup Forums where people haven't read books

you realize they're on the wrong side of this hole, right? the real world is on the other side

Nothing, it's his headcanon.

>manmade

>you realize they're on the wrong side of this hole, right? the real world is on the other side

Go on, I have also been thinking about this

I want to L E W D nanachi

Like most mysterious anime it's going to tie into WWII. The bottom of the abyss is where they keep the Jews.

nothing else really to say, it mirrors dante's purgatorio pretty handily. we know that supposedly souls "return to the bottom of the abyss to be reborn"

but some way, you can get reborn on the other side, which is what people are drawn to when they're drawn to delving

Poor Nananchi…

Nice one user.

I dunno about manmade but it is true that they explicitly stated the curse doesn't affect animals.

Ah, I get it now. You are that one user who keeps referencing Dante all the time, nice seeing you again.

Prushka and Riko are the cutest friends!

You're thinking of it like there's a singular plane where the membrane is and you can go through it if something else makes a hole. In reality the "membrane" fills the entire volume of the shaft and as soon as you are inside there you are already impregnated with it. It's like if you float up in water with an open umbrella above you, you won't get wet.

i dont come to Sup Forums. made in abyss is obviously inspired by dante's inferno/purgatorio. i mean its one of the most inspirational works in human history so not a stretch

It makes sense when you think about it. If it is man-made they're obviously keeping something down there. And the figurative Jews probably built robots to try to scout the surface.

user is implying exactly the opposite, after enough tension the membrane passes through your body without actually breaking, and this is what wrecks your shit. We shouldn't assume the sheet ripping example is 100% literal, it's just bun's theory for what she is able to see. It could go either way, we just don't know.
>the curse is manmade
>you realize they're on the wrong side of this hole, right? the real world is on the other side
Please don't insert fanfic into your corrections, causing all of the speedreaders to assume your entire post is fanfic and continue to believe that they are right.
You're free to continue posting shitty extrapolations of dante but make sure they are clearly separated from the facts.

The "pit with levels" idea might be inspired by it, but the actual content of the setting don't parallel it in any significant way

>yfw MiA is more directly inspired by this than by medieval Italian poetry.

> It's like if you float up in water with an open umbrella above you, you won't get wet.

I didn't realize the curse acted like water, nice metaphor. But you just gave me another idea: why not make a capsule out of animals? you can go underwater in a submarine, maybe when you are in the abyss you just need a submarine made of flesh.

I just finished reading it all.

What did Sup Forums speculate about faputa?

>after enough tension the membrane passes through your body without actually breaking, and this is what wrecks your shit

So in an ideal scenario you would still want the membrane to break?

actually you need a submarine made out of minds and souls

>stalagmites and stalactites
Kek

She is regs wife

Or a backpack filled with lolis.

>And the figurative Jews probably built robots to try to scout the surface.

Are you implying the abyss is the most elaborate ruse ever made to keep technology away from the goyim?

See We can't assume that the sheet simply rips and anything can pass through the hole. Instead, something passes through the sheet suffering from it, sheet is still intact, anything below or inside of it also passes through the sheet suffering from it.
This isn't hard to to imagine when we keep bringing up a forcefield. The forcefield can interact with matter and souls lightly enough to be resisted by them, while still being able to pass through intact after enough tension.

So what, animals don't have souls, Mr. Descartes?

>but the actual content of the setting don't parallel it in any significant way

I directly disagree, crucifixion imagery is present at the beginning of the story, and then the delvers take an adventure through an ever deepening challenge where coming back up is a regression and a literal pain.....the world of made in abyss is some kind of significant part of a karmic/reincarnation cycle

when people reincarnate enough times within the abyss world they become a strong enough spirit to go through the hole and be reincarnated on the other side, in the real world. this is where Lyza is. However, something has happened and the natural cycle has been disturbed, and it's too hard to get down and be reincarnated. The journey is more treacherous than it's supposed to be. This is evidenced by the world being distorted and collapsed in on itself as you get toward the bottom. Remnants of a high tech society suggest that a civilization existed that did something which literally bent the world, and the laws of life/death.

Yeah its just my headcanon, but im right about shit like this a lot, comes from reading a bazillion books and comics. original ideas are ***rare***

No, it's more like some people were banished to the bottom of the abyss. Every 2,000 years a calamity destroys the people on the surface. But the people at the bottom survive. So they're thousands of years ahead in terms of technology. They just can't go to the surface because of the curse of the seventh layer.

You misunderstand. I'm not saying it's a possibility that sometimes the membrane doesn't break. I'm saying it's a possibility that breaking was never a thing in the first place, but a bad assumption. Which would mean there is no ideal scenario.
Unfortunately, it's probable that both theories are wrong and the answer is "it's magic" considering the blessevator and the cartridges are hard to explain in a logical physical sense.

Believable enough, we'll see what happens.

the flesh isn't important, anyway you should just build numidium

>You misunderstand. I'm not saying it's a possibility that sometimes the membrane doesn't break. I'm saying it's a possibility that breaking was never a thing in the first place, but a bad assumption. Which would mean there is no ideal scenario

The gist I'm getting is that plausible theories can only be made once more information is available. About right?

>a civilization existed that did something which literally bent the world
no shit, but it doesn't have to have something to do with life/death/rebirth

I'd just like to add to this that I now understand what the problem with the hole theory was. However, it was the only thing that came to mind after watching Nanachi's explanation.

Have you read the manga? You can bend the curse with emotions. That's the only way.

Also, I'm betting the people at the bottom of the abyss cause the calamity in their anger of being imprisoned.

if you dont think another world is on the other side of the 7th layer, i dunno what you think is.

>Have you read the manga? You can bend the curse with emotions. That's the only way.

I have not read the manga, but I knew about that tidbit on emotions. I reasoned there must be another way to break the curse still unknown to the characters.

Agartha exists beyond the 7th layer

It doesn't act like water, it behaves like a gaseous substance. And it's not necessarily a purely physical one that would be blocked by a submarine analog

Eternal darkness? I figured if I were the author this would be the most terrifying end of all. Being stuck in a dark, empty place without the chance of going back, just waiting to die. All for nothing.

This really makes it seem that there is no way around it, but that's far too boring. Do you think the author will ever expand on the nature of the curse or will he only shrug and leave it at "welp, it's magic"?

There probably is. Too many stuff related to its effects has been laid down as concrete mysteries that it's obvious the plot will lead to it sooner or later.

>keeping bonedrewd alive after having him witness a loli becoming a white whistle as a result of his shenanigans

Just imagine what new experiments he'll do after witnessing that.

There's no "mcgyver" tech-related way to trick it by physics, no. But you have to realize magic/the sci-fi equivbalent of magic exists in this world, and therefore we can't speculate about mechanisms for things when we don't know the rules.

I'm so sad we've only got so little amount of B-Diddy.

it's going to be some absolute fucking nonsense and you know it, a big bowl of bullshit soup served with a side of tang

He's not necessarily trying to make it horrific though. The Abyss itself has been treated in the story as more of a mythical/quasi-religious monolith of worship.

When you are this good at sweettalking you can get away with everything!

So it's more like coming out of Plato's cave than anything? In that the dangers of the abyss are worth it enough to find about some yet unknown knowledge.

I want to shave Nanachi!

man imagine being able to read this fast

google usually has results of what you've been clicking the most

if you're in MiA threads a lot or looking at a lot of MiA YT vids (or twitter), that would be one of your results

but you're the one speedreading a 1-lines sentence

You are not Bondrewd! The real Bondrewd loves the fluff!

Well yeah if you lived near a giant hole in the ground filled with skeletons stuck in a praying position and artifacts and creatures beyond your comprehension you'd probably want to know why as well. But more than that it has been hinted that the artifacts are used for war purposes and that there are delvers from other countries trying to get to them to gain more power for ze fatherland.

>Bondrewd teaches his foster bunny the joys of human experimentation and posing starting from a young age
>She runs away and swears to never be like him
>Ends up killing dozens of delvers for science while searching for a way to kill Mitty
>Feels little to no remorse because the ends justify the means
>Still poses just like him to this day
>Both of them become fluffy
Dad sure raised 7chi well.

>I'm imitating daft punk

>bkub MiA comics
Mmmyes.

He probably saw her experimenting on delvers too