Does yen Press have no editors, quality assurance or any kind of double checking on their work...

Does yen Press have no editors, quality assurance or any kind of double checking on their work? How can ""professional"" publishers make so many damn mistakes like putting the text in the wrong bubbles?

its for kids dude

It's a product they expect you to pay for.

Isn't this from Viz Media?

What's wrong here?

This is Viz. But no they don't

Western commercial translations are basically stolen fan translations with a tiny bit of editing to westernize them. They will always be terrible.

Is it? The files were labeled YP.

text in the circles is switched. Happens several times per book.

It's sad that FMA has no good fan translations with quality scans to use instead.

Then what do they do for things that have no fan translations?

anime is better
looks good to me

YP publishes digital version, but translation is owned by SquareEnix and was probably done by Viz

>Looks good to me
Because you're a brainlet who can't into context.

Damn, all of it sucks, then.

Jesus christ that kerning

I tought the error was not following diamond shit. Wow how did this pass quality control?

I don't know, but it happens like once per volume or more. Super common.

The company probably has one team of like 8 underpaid people doing every single title they license, which would explain why they are slow as fuck and make so many errors.

If professional anime/manga translators were actually professional about their work, a whole lot of things would be different.

Pros have dead lines too. Didn't you learn that from anime and manga?

>looks good to me
Character A nagging character B, only for character C to say "I'm not a kid anymore, quit nagging!" looks good to you?

Do you mean you would actually buy their products?

No.

I would.

I think that might be more on the original mangaka than the translator

No, it's very clearly the "translator" (really the typesetter, but close enough).

Weebshit has absolutely zero barrier to entry for both professionals and amateur work. The reason is purely one of cost, actually decent translations cost decent money, and when you're putting out 20 dogshit manga looking for one to stick, you don't want to pay decent money.

Anyone with a brain works on super easy instruction manuals for easy money, or complex medical/academic texts that pay the most. Natural dialogue is annoying to translate at the best of times, only autists do it for free.