The 2010s are almost over and this was the only good film of it

The 2010s are almost over and this was the only good film of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/review/the-disappearance-of-haruhi-suzumiya/bd-dvd/.121312
youtube.com/watch?v=IOYKZkIsWYc
youtube.com/watch?v=zQCxlzVBxPA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Your Name
>Your
Why are Japanese so fucking stupid?

This is entry level riajyuu tier shit even by Japan's standards. No wonder it's going to get culturally enriched by American film makers.

You're forgetting that the greatest anime movie ever created was made this decade user

>good
no
yes

In this corner of the world is good too.

Girls und Panzer der Film

in this corner of the world was even better

>The 2010s are almost over

>I will be almost 40 years old by the end of this decade

I loved Boy and the Beast and nobody can stop me

Recent movies better than Your Name:

The Wind Rises
The Tale of the Princess Kaguya
Tamako Love Story
A Silent Voice
Crayon Shin-chan 22
Both Koike Lupins
Redline
Miss Hokusai
In This Corner of the World

see

>YIFY

your opinion is invalid

Sorry, I think it's bad

You're wrong

Opinion discarded, it's a shame too since you had a pretty good opinion.

Little Witch Academia

A movie can't be good if it's sterilized of sex appeal to satisfy an international religious-brainwashed audience.

your name could be the most overrated film I've ever seen including live action

I'd be bothered if it weren't a Haruhi fan saying this, but your opinions aren't of much value to me

Y-you too!

why does Disappearance appeal to so many people?

its not even the best love story of the decade

The best 5/10 of the 2010s

literally everyone likes it, even people who didn't care for haruhi, because it's a very well made movie

what's wrong with you

Yuki's wet dandere pussy.

>Pros
Pretty to look at
Comedic scenes are mostly funny
Great music

>Cons
Everything else

Wut

It's stupid and the visuals aren't anything more than solid. Your Name looks generally better, has at least one great scene, and is dumb fun, as opposed to just dumb. Neither is a great film.

>it's dumb

wow mr critic over here universal acclaim means nothing next to that analysis

In what way is it stupid? The pacing, atmosphere, use of colours, composition, and music are all superb. Along with that, the ending is one of the greatest emotional payoffs I've seen in any work.

yikes!
contrived and predictable plot which led to a conclusion Kyon had already made much much earlier. that's probably the reason why I never took the bait

Universal acclaim where, anime list sites? Find me even one reputable critic with a positive opinion of it, I'd be interested in reading his thoughts.

animenewsnetwork.com/review/the-disappearance-of-haruhi-suzumiya/bd-dvd/.121312

youtube.com/watch?v=IOYKZkIsWYc

FINDS A WAY

pretty hard to find a new director like Oshii, Kon or Miyazaki.

people like it because it's good
woah

I guess reputable was too much to ask for.

>GlassReflection
>Not reputable
Pick one

For me maybe the only contemporary director worth following is Yamada, though she's nowhere near their level

Why is english your 4th language?

>Nick Creamer isn't reputable

>ctrl + f
>no Hana and Alice

Most underrated film of the decade.

But he has shit taste though, he things Higurashi is unironically good and jerks off ufotable so much you'd think he was paid to do it.

Oishi

Superior film

Your Name wasn't even that good. It was literally filled with plot holes. was so much better.

At Shaft? Has he done anything besides Bake and Kizu?

a silent voice was pretty good

Patema Inverted was decent

how the fuck did neither of these dorks notice the date when they were aware of what was going on with the body swap thing

Pretty forgettable

Nope.

Too bad. For me it's tough to tell whether or not his work is what he really wants to make or just what he has to. I strongly dislike the series, but moments like Kizu's intro have glimmers of brilliance.

When are we getting decent English subs?

Last month

It's you're not your.
Are Americans so stupid they don't even know they're own language?

nice bait

Nah, this had me crying like a bitch, even with the weird furry shit at the start.

meme magic finds a way

Hotarubi no Mori e

you are name

Is Tamako Market required viewing to watch this or will I understand the movie fine without seeing Market?

I'd say market enhances the experience, but it's not necessary, it'll make the opening scene make sense at a minimum

You'll understand it fine, show's pretty optional

Thanks friends

this is not the deaf girl movie anime
so you are wrong

I would watch it first, get a feel for the characters.

Most of the cast isn't really relevant to the film.

what are you talking about user? the greatest anime film came from this decade.

I can't wait for the Haruhi fanbase to die out

you have restored some of my faith in this board, and it's Koe No Katachi.

Oh boy you are gonna get a nice surprise this Christmas.

I wonder how many more Christmases until no one watches Disappearance

anime kino of the decade

fuck wait never mind. forget I said this

Heck no

did you care what day of the month it is, when you were school age?

What if he got his period?

>The 2010s are almost over

Probably because the time travel magic makes them unable to notice/remember their respective original date even though they keep making daily diary entries.

>only 2 posts mentioned Princess Kaguya

Why do you all have such shit taste?
youtube.com/watch?v=zQCxlzVBxPA

I don't even think I would put it in the top 10 of the decade.

It's not even the best film of the year.

who hurt you? and why are you this dumb?

Going to see The Night Is Short, Walk on Girl Wednesday. Just looked on the website for booking and besides mine there are two other seats booked.

Garbage.

>It was literally filled with plot holes.
>but Haruhi is okay

Tamako Love Story is garbage. Only people who have never been in any kind of relationship are capable of enjoying it.

The entire movie is one long, awkward confession. It drags in absolute nobody characters like that shy girl who Tamako befriended, and ends with the suggestion that Mochizou is going to fucking drop all of his filmmaking dreams just to fiddlefuck around making rice cakes the rest of his life.

Furthermore, it's not a love story. The only reason that he and Tamako should get together is shoehorned in (muh mamas funeral) at the last minute. Other than that, they're just friends, and rather than actually have them complete a story arc that involves actual dating of any kind, the movie prefers instead to fucking dick around with 'will she?' 'won't she?' bullshit all the way until the very end.

For whatever reason, the showrunners decided to recycle the garbage "she's secretly a princess" plotline that they were smart enough to drop into a 'she's secretly in love' abortion. Seriously, there's nothing different about the movie's plot to the dragged out, nonsensical decision Tamako makes about not being some random brown guy's bride in the series, except this time the overwhelmingly obvious fucking answer is yes, of course she's going to get with the self-insert because the movie needs to pander hard as it fucking can after the overall flop the series was.

If you actually enjoyed TLS, then you were pandered to, and it worked. You have little concept of what constitutes a compelling narrative within film. You stared at pretty flashing colors and random moe perversions until the point when KyoAni gave you exactly what they knew you were too stupid to not want, at which point in time you loudly started clapping your hands and sobbing uncontrollably.

This.

I wonder what kind of shit we'll get up to in 2020 to 2029, sounds like fun.

>Only people who have never been in any kind of relationship are capable of enjoying it.
So it's a masterpiece? Glad we cleared that up.

this

also

Expelled From Paradise was nice too

What's your opinion of Tsuki ga Kirei?