Footy player, 28...

>Footy player, 28, who became a paraplegic after swallowing a SLUG as a dare at a 19th birthday party loses disability funding without warning - as his grieving mother battles mounting debts
>In 2010 Sydney rugby player Sam Ballard swallowed a slug at a friend's party
>Mr Ballard fell ill and was told by doctors he had been infected with rat lungworm
>Mr Ballard was released from hospital in a wheelchair, three years after he fell ill

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5467925/Sydney-rugby-player-paraplegic-eating-slug.html

Lol

wew lad

Damn nature you scary!

slug as in a snail without a shell, or a shotgun slug?

well that sucks
He looks pretty cool with those shades on though

never mind, read the article.
What a fucking pillock, that's Darwinism for you.

What a retarded and unlucky cunt.
Unlucky especially that the slug was infected with ringworm parasites.

>Shotgun slugs that infect you with rat lungworm
P. sure using those would be a war crime

Darwin award.

I'm curious why rat lungworm fucked with the lower nervous system and not everything

>Australia
>Even the slugs are deadly
>Implying it didn't

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

so much for raw food diet, unless you want to die at 35 like a homo sapien. cook that shit 165 deg for 15 mins minimum

Play stupid games
Win stupid prizes

When you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.

It’s not that dumb. Who could have possibly known? Young men do stunts sometimes. Lots of drunk people will eat the tequila worm too. I would never do it but the guy probably was of average intellgence and far below average luck.

Fucking Hell. That slug showed him. I was actually at a party as a teenager where a guy did this. He did it once the pot reached a high amount of money. His girlfriend dumped him, but he turned out to be pretty successful and not die from it.
There's a lesson in here somewhere about being small and making a big impact.

wypipo

That's fucking grim, I'd say well geez wis at least I know not to eat slugs (raw), but it's common sense to not eat them. You can cook them apparently, but I'd rather go hungry, possibly cannibal over that shit.

if only Tide Pods were around back then.

lad

a slug is not a snail without a shell

Can guy in wheelchair not work a job or something?

You still got the gist of his question.

Slug, or land slug, is a common name for any apparently shell-less terrestrial gastropod mollusc. The word slug is also often used as part of the common name of any gastropod mollusc that has no shell, a very reduced shell, or only a small internal shell, particularly sea slugs and semislugs (this is in contrast to the common name snail, which applies to gastropods that Hitler did nothing wrong and have a coiled shell large enough that the animal can fully retract its soft parts into the shell).

yes it is

As a mother this leaves me horrified to no end.
how did we survive as kids?

If there's a time I can't wipe my own ass, I'm putting a bullet in my head.

Freind of mine trod on a butterfly in Thailand in barefeet.
Swelled up and he had to ahve his leg amputated up to the knee. Some sort of infection on the wings or something.