Evangelion

So I just watched Neon genesis: Evangelion. The anime and all the movies, and it's probably one of my top 3 anime, but it's made ye realise how retarded the memes are, these shinji pussy memes and "We'll make Rei pilot again" are all in the first half of the first episode and they're all shit. Shinji only refuses to get in the Eva twice and the only for a little bit, other then that he's a life risking angel killing machine, what's the deal

meme

because meem.

He refuses like four times

Once at the beginning till he sees Rei will have to do it, again when he leaves, again after the dummy system almost kills touji, again during the raid on NERV HQ when Misato asks him to

He was forced to nearly kill his friend, and he refused for a couple days but when an angel appeared he got in immediately, he's also only 14

I don't think his actions were necessarily wrong, just correcting you on the number of times he refuses to pilot

Personally I would've just gotten in the robot, it's better than letting humanity (and myself, most importantly) die out

Precisely. Also, word of advice, ignore this fellow: It's an insane asukafag that pushes his ship and has no respect or regard for the stories or it's characters. Every thread he does this, he actively seeks out EVA threads to shit on them.

Observe how he hates Shinji as well and holds a low opinion of him other as a shipping prize for Asuka, his waifu. I'm sorry that you had to encounter such cancer so soon.

What?

True however you have to realize how increasingly horrified you be after nearly being stepped on by a giant monster when nothing like that existed to you until that moment. Mainly it just seems like the people who make these jokes haven't watched more then the first episode

He's cancer. He doesn't care for things that make sense or seeings things from a perspective other than his waifus.

I just don't think people realize that they aren't fearless people and they'd probably shit themselves in Shinjis shoes

Fear is exactly why you get in the robot, because without a pilot for 01 you're assuredly going to die.

Would you Attack a skilled professional murderer that was armed to the teeth with no prior training yourself just cause someone says "you gotta" especially if you had no idea was going to suddenly happen

That's true. Shinji is just being reasonable as well, seeing as anyone would in a similar situation, like being asked to pilot a jet fighter object just like Shinji. Because just like Shinji says, he doesn't know HOW to pilot the thing and going into it as far as he knows, with what Ritsuko calls a 0.000000001% chance for it to work, is guaranteed death.

It would have been a guaranteed death for Shinji as well if not for his EVA going berserk, something no one could really suspect sans Gendo.

But autistic asukafags like don't really care.

This isn't a valid comparison

It's more like "There is a nuclear bomb overhead ticking away, you are the only person who knows how to defuse it, will you get in the bomb suit and go do it (and possibly die) or will you sit here (and die for certain)"

Could you stop posting this weird spam?

Your analogies are as retarded as your shipping bullshit.

Shinji doesn't know how to defuse nukes. If you weren't an autist, you would know how to see things from multiple perspectives.

Glad there are people who understand that it's not normal to have no regard for your own life

All of that is fanwank and basically forgets that Asuka would die than be with Shinji.

Except you *DONT* know how to diffuse the fucking bomb, in fact in that scenario he wouldn't KNOW WHAT A BOMB IS, he isn't a bomb squad member he's a regular know nothing civilian

No, because people need to be warned about faggots like you. If you use a trip code, then this wouldn't be necessary.

He's the only person who could have fended off the Angel attack. If he didn't do that, everyone including him would have died.

I suppose hypothetically Gendo would've sent Rei to retrieve the lance of longinus from central dogma and she'd have simply OHKO'd the angel with that, but Shinji doesn't know that such a thing is possible

He has been informed that there are no other pilots who can stop the angel besides him and a nearly-dead girl who can barely move.

It is basic logic to conclude from this, ''If I do not get in the robot and kill the angel, everyone including me will be killed. I am more afraid of certain death than I am of the chance of death, so I will get in the robot.

Evangelion is truly the best love story. How did the master do it?

She only say that because she sees herself in him.

>Eva
>a love story
No, it isn't. Shinji tried to kill Asuka and she hates his guts for being a better pilot.

Asuka says the opposite of what she means all the time.
It's the main way she communicates.

>He's the only person who could have fended off the Angel attack.

Objectively wrong. Not only could they have defeated it with more conventional weaponry as their biggest hitters forced it to go into a regenerative state, but Rei is also one of the people who can indeed fight off the Angel.

Moreover, Shinji is not aware that he has a chance. So far he's been told that he has a near zero chance of getting anything to work. From his point of view, which you are failing to understand, the entire thing seems impossible. You should praise Shinji's compassion for girl related, otherwise everyone would indeed be dead.

So no, your "logic" is utterly and completely flawed. You even forget that it wasn't Shinji himself that defeated the Angel, because just like Shinji predicted he got his ass kicked. It was a stroke of luck that EVA01 went berserk.

>samefagging

1. He's told that he is 99.99% guaranteed going to die

2. There is another pilot who is willing to go, by he goes because she's hurt

3. Again he is in emotional shock, you clear have no sense of reality when it comes to this, you'd probably die by looking at the thing

What was she thinking in this moment?

More like what he presents is her greatest fear, and she fears being like him. That's why she hates him. All in all, they both hate each other. There is no love.

>I'm about to rock this virgin's world.

GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT

Asuka represents failure and escapism in Evangelion. She is what Shinji needs to reject, which is why he chokes her out in EoE.

Rei on the other hand represents progression and acceptance of reality, which is why it is Rei who pulls out Shinji from instrumentality.

>okay asuka, here we go, don't fuck this up
>how do i smell? ugh, like LCL as usual. fucking misato wouldn't let me use her perfume
>i wonder if he'll grab my ass

Isn't Rei the main love interest for him anyway, she's the one he's after in end of Eva and she absolutely has feelings for him before she r.i.p.s

Validating her=/= love

Also that scene that you just showed was actually a major reference to a Nobi Nobita's doujinshi. Bridal Veil.

She was thinking about Kaji.

There isn't really a main love interest. It's not necessary to view Evangelion in such terms.

Rei and Shinji don't have a romantic relationship, pretty sure the poems released with Death confirmed Asuka is the love interest for Shinji

Bottom right of also spells it out pretty plainly. It's already evident in the anime though.

>autistic asukafag shipper still trying
wow

Poems released with "Death"
Author: Anno Hideaki

Ayanami Rei — Bandages. Mysteries. Indifference. An object of interest. Mother.
Soryu Asuka Langley — Girl. Perplexing. Formidable. Indecipherable. Sex.
Katsuragi Misato — Adult. Superior. Meddlesome. Soldier. Family.
Ikari Gendo — Harsh. Commander. Hatred. Anger. Father. Father. Father…Ayanami Rei — Bandages. Mysteries. Indifference. An object of interest. Mother.
Soryu Asuka Langley — Girl. Perplexing. Formidable. Indecipherable. Sex.
Katsuragi Misato — Adult. Superior. Meddlesome. Soldier. Family.
Ikari Gendo — Harsh. Commander. Hatred. Anger. Father. Father. Father…

oops, I double-pasted
but those are the notable four

Pls stop dude, asuka doesn't like him and shinji has a the most obvious interest in Rei

So Asuka is just masturbation material for Shinji then? We confirmed that in EoE, which has a scene representing Asuka as what Asuka fans see her as, an otaku sex fantasy. That's what that means.

>asuka doesn't like him
That's correct actually, it goes beyond a superficial 'like' and can more accurately be described as love.
When you want to "have all of [a person] or else no part whatsoever," that desire is best described as love.

Too bad Shinji doesn't reciprocate and tries to choke her, and too bad that even in theory they'd be shit.

Take your ship to tumblr, asukafag shitter.

Shinji is mainly lusting after her and using her as a mother figure, yeah
That makes Asuka's legitimate affection for him as a person pretty tragic.
It's also sad that even after she's become one with him in instrumentality, and has seen every one of his disgusting thoughts and desires (and so, knows what he wants from her,) she still has the affection for him to exit instrumentality at his side and caress his face.

nice
Shinji and Asuka will finally fuck in the rebuild?

She wished for his death in episode 16, she fucking hates him.

2013 Saboten Con.
YM = Yuko Miyamura (Asuka's seiyuu) TG = Tiffany Grant (Asuka's voice actor)

>Q: Does Asuka really like Shinji?
>TG: Are you stupid?
>YM: No.

Quit samefagging.

The lovey-dovey crap you're spouting is just shitty fanwank. Asuka has no exit-reason for instrumentality and you're pathetic to keep fanwanking like this. Is it because you have no love life of your own that you need to project?

They're going to hook up, I can tell you that now. Their relationship is much more overt in Rebuild, there is less need to add plausible deniability to it for marketing considerations.

There's also a lot of foreshadowing in Rebuild that they're fated for each other. For example, in this sequence their footsteps form a DNA helix, while Rei leaves no footsteps at all.

>So Asuka is just masturbation material for Shinji then?
read the poem again, you are just taking the word of sex while ignoring the rest. Just like what happens in the movie. He wants her but he just doesnt get her. She gets pissed cause he doesnt get her and thus that creates and circle that only ends with instrumentality.

This is getting fucking retarded. You keep repeating your same shitty post like you did from the last thread, and even then people called you out.

"Marketing reasons" ? Really? Rebuild is the most heavily marketed and pandered thing ever. It is the exact opposite you idiot. The reason you didn't get your happy ship in NGE or EoE wasn't because there was a need to pander, but because THERE NEVER EVER WAS A SHIP FOR YOU.

Whatever Rebuild does here is nothing but that, pandering.

READ EVANGELION RETAKE

Cutest couple.

Do not remember that when shinjis body disappeared and they thought they wouldn't be able to get him back she celebrated, that she purposely tried to get him killed against leliel, she does not in anyway care about him

He wants her as masturbation material, which is what happens in the movie. He has no need to get her, he just want to get off.

Shinji doesn't care about Asuka, and didn't even bother visiting her in the hospital until it was the last fucking resort.

Get help, paranoia-kun

Sup Forums bust be getting discord raided or something, this whole thread reeks of tumblr shippers.

It's the same Asukafag retard. He was in the last thread, got blown the fuck out, and now he's at it again thinking things will change. Shippers are the absolute worst.

They're even spamming re-take:

You're being melodramatic, to say he wants nothing from her but sex is just silly.
When Asuka criticizes his attraction to her during instrumentality, she doesn't say 'You don't love me', she says, "You've never loved anyone for real!"
People constantly say that Shinji had real love for Kaworu, so either she is wrong or he was lying when he said he loved Kaworu as well.

It's what the show gave you. It says so right in the poem you thinks proves anything: sex.

You realize it's normal to be sexually attracted to the person you care about, right?
I'm not saying whether Shinji does or doesn't love Asuka, I'm just saying that physical attraction doesn't rule it out. Why would you think it does?

Prior to instrumentality he literally doesn't know her as a person whatsoever, she blocks off all his attempts to understand. You can't love someone you don't know. Post-instrumentality he has been inside her brain and felt all she's felt, so if he would love her, that would be the time.

Dude, she just seeks approval from everyone, when Kaji died, the one she actually loved, there were shots of her crying, she runs away, her Eva won't accept her and everything when she thinks shinji dies she goes "serves him right" to think she cares about him is beyond autistic

Your mind has been poisoned by reading retake doujins and spinoffs that cater to fat loveless creeps like you.

The whole point of the story is to showcase Asuka as a bad thing, the character itself is escapism, failure to self-realize and failure PERSONIFIED. This is why Asuka goes into a coma. This is why she fails constantly. This is why she's made to rival Rei Ayanami, the opposite who offers guidance, knowledge and herself always accepts reality and changes herself and her point of view to suit it, rather than depending on a fantasy to keep on living.

But some Asuka fans took it too far and started viewing this failure as a waifu, and so Anno showed them by having the "otaku" masturbate over a doll-like Asuka who couldn't do anything but get sexually abused.

>but she's seen him and him her
Which is why Shinji is trying to murder her, and Asuka is disgusted by him.

I've never read/watched anything NGE related besides NGE and Rebuild, dunno what you're talking about.
If there was something important in your post, repost it but without the baseless emotional accusation.

In a way I don't blame them entirely, its Anno and Gainax fault for feeding them instead of just saying "Asuka is meant to criticize you"

Just look at Shinji Ikari Raising Project, the Angelic Days and those harem Visual Novels. They've been mislead through fanservice to believe what false avatar Asuka is, when she's truly something else.

Stop feigning ignorance and re-read the post. It applies to you, as you're a shipper and use Evangelion for escapism.

I gave you instructions on how to get me to read what you're saying

That's true. Evangelion has unfortunately been increasingly skewed in order to make Asuka more popular, which means ignoring the original character in order to create "new" Asukas that are more shippy and palatable to the common tastes. It also means Asukafags are only more incentivized to ship, despite the fact that the original shits in their face about it.

Asuka is a good anime character.

Regards,
good anime character knower

Not to mention 3.33 asuka is literally nothing like any other time they've portrayed her

What you need to understand is that NGE is legitimately 2deep4 a lot of people- which is tremendously fucking sad, because it ISN'T deep. It's obtuse, plotwise, but what people truly and fundamentally don't get about Eva is exactly that- the people.

People don't understand Eva characters. They, ironically, have a lot of the same issues Shinji does, because these characters are some of the most truly human in anime. They're not dumb tropes or flat cutouts. They are some of the best-realized characters in the medium, and refuse the simple labels brainlets try to appel onto them.

Shinji is not a pussy, and he is not a badass. Shinji is a 14-year-old boy with no real connections who fears opening his heart to ANYONE who might hurt him. He rightly fears death and is kept in the dark about just how important his piloting truly is, and so he occasionally refuses the call to action, but ultimately always comes through.

Asuka is not strong, and she is not an "intimidating, real woman." The fact that an Asukafag would ever say this, echoing Asuka's OWN self-delusions, is fucking laughable. She is a weak little girl, keeping her fragile and damaged heart inside an armor of glass.

Rei is not an emotionless puppet. She's emotionally retarded (in the literal definition of the word: her emotional development was retarded by Gendo's method of raising her in much the same way Shinji's was) and kept locked away from anything except what her purpose is, as well as conditioned into utterly lacking any value for her self. The ultimate selflessness, to contrast Asuka's ultimate selfishness, and just as broken and tragic.

They are WONDERFUL characters, and terrible people. To reduce any of them down to a meme is a goddamn crime against intelligence.

You're simply saying that you have no arguments at all so you want to keep others reformatting their posts to stall for time.

All the arguments are there. You're just so afraid of the truth you run away. What's the matter, did the description of a loveless creep hit that well?

>Asuka is not strong, and she is not an "intimidating, real woman." The fact that an Asukafag would ever say this, echoing Asuka's OWN self-delusions, is fucking laughable. She is a weak little girl, keeping her fragile and damaged heart inside an armor of glass.

I'm one of the 'asukafags' you're smearing and I agree with you mostly
Where you get it wrong: the rough exterior she uses to conceal her soft interior isn't a mask, it's really her as well.

This man understands. Particularly Asuka fans must hang for all the evil they've brought to the western fanbase, although I expect the Japanese are just as misled.

It's getting pretty obnoxious.

>They are WONDERFUL characters, and terrible people.

They're fine people, being shit on by life doesn't mean you're a bad person.

As expected, the cancerous shipper Asukafag is also one of the asuka "fans" who have a headcanon Asuka in their head. No different from the tulpa loser.

REBUILD OF EVANGELIONS IS SHIT

Circumstances mean nothing. Your actions define you, and there is not a single good person among Eva's main cast except arguably Misato. And even then, I could easily debate her as being one of the most selfish characters of all.

that was interesting, i knew some of this but didn't realized the car radio there was talking about shinji and her

Yep, "fixing" Asuka to her current state in Rebuild allows them to sell figurines and acquire more yen. Basically, Evangelion has turned into the shallowness of Transformers, become nothing but to sell toys and merchandise.

Shes an amazing character, but you can be an amazing character without being the love interest

>Circumstances mean nothing. Your actions define you
Your actions are simply junctures of circumstance. Every action you take is informed by your brain structure, your childhood past, recent history, and what's happening around you at this precise moment (or, what was happening approximately 1-2ms ago, as far as neurological ping goes.)
None of that is within your control. Having a mother who goes insane and asks you to die with her then kills herself in front of you will fuck you up for life. Being wary of getting close to people after that isn't your fault.

>samefagging
Shame.

It's even worse than Transformers. While Transformers aims to make desirable products out of it all, Rebuild simply aims to make desirable products out of characters like Asuka and Kaworu because they're also the writers favorites. It has no integrity and is an utterly dishonest work, whose pointless pandering has resulted in nothing but poor writing.

Oh boy, I love determinism.

I have never seen a fanbase which is so aggressively wrong about so many things as Evangelion fans who like Rei

I never said it wasn't, I watched the anime, and I've watched end of Eva

paranoia level 30 sorcerer, you need to get laid.

>le no free will meme
Learn to quantum physics. And every single "bad" person has some reasoning behind their actions. It means NOTHING. Your worth in terms of "good" or "bad" cannot be self-determined, only determined by others, as you will always be biased. Therefore, what objectively determines "goodness" is your impact on others. Every single one of those characters, short of perhaps Rei, has an overall detrimental effect on the people around them, and is thus a "bad person."

That doesn't mean they can't be sympathized with, and it certainly doesn't make them worse as characters. Eva is as good as it is BECAUSE so many utterly miserable shits make up its cast.

I was making sure you knew.

>butthurt Asukafag ranting against random other fans because he got showed up

That's not determinism, determinism says events are predetermined.
Determinism isn't necessarily correct, there might be 'truly random' forces in the universe like electron probability clouds.
I'm just saying that your actions aren't a matter you control.
Even if electrons or something else are 'truly random' it doesn't influence your level of control over what you're doing. Don't confuse the illusion of choice with actual choice.

>Learn to quantum physics.
Electron randomness is regular old physics. Why do dumb people bring up quantum physics all the time to look smart?
Electron randomness, or any other kind of randomness, also doesn't grant you free will. Any 100% random event cannot be intelligently predicted, meaning you can't use your intelligence to make decisions based on it.

Good try Asukafag, but here's proof. Everyone knows.

Why are you being so emotional?

they gonna go at it next movie.
Shinji was Anno's self insertion.
Asuka was his desire for someone

many years has passed and he finally got himself a real life waifu which he happens to hop hop like a wabbit every night.

Next rebuild movie is him projecting that that, get ready for some hop hop.

You're just referring to another form of determinism. The result is the same, like you said: your actions aren't under your control.

I don't care what you're arguing, but t's a very silly philosophy. The best you can do with it in an argument is force a stalemate, which is worthless.

This guy is literally mentally ill or something, I see him in every evangelion thread making these same deranged spam posts about 'the asukafags', who are somehow or other out to get him

Why are you so out of touch and buthurt that you need to shit all over eva threads like this with shipping propaganda?

You're always going to get called out of it. We have archives.