Black Torch

How come Sup Forums never talks about this manga? I think it has potential.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xgk9ouBuj-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Main girl is a cunt. Glasses swordsman is a douche.

MC can't catch a break.

its just bleach but monthly , the villians are dumb. its just not worth the discussion especially when its a monthly release.

not saying that all monthly releases are bad but this one is just bleach...

It's still pretty generic as for now
Well at least the feMC got a 10/10 body

Great art can only do so much.

It has more of a Naruto theme to it, desu.

>its just bleach but monthly
Wrong, its just bleach but before it went to shit and for some people that its enough.

I do like the art and the relationship between mc and cat is my jam.
That said, let's see if the the manga can avoid imploding by boring and tropes.

>action battle manga
>ITS JUST BLEACH/NARUTO ITS SHIT

when did Sup Forums become so fucking terrible? its an enjoyable read.

People say that "it just Bleach" because of the art.

I myself don't really have high hopes for this manga but at the moment it has been an enjoyable read

>People say that "it just Bleach" because of the art.
It also started its first chapter just like Bleach.

>normal mc
>gets caught up in serious situation
>suddenly gets a power
>"h-he's so strong...!"

that isnt just bleach fampai, its most action-oriented manga. yeah its a trope but if you dont like tropes why the fuck are you reading manga

I really enjoy black torch but c'mon people, it's pretty much Bleach so far.

Nigga, the beginning was literally Bleach. It had almost the same premise and everything. Not to mention the MC looks and acts like the lovechild of IchiRuki.

even if thats true, which i guess we'll agree to disagree on, why is that necessarily a bad thing? pre-fullbring bleach was pretty great.

You mean Pre-SS Bleach.

bleach fell off at different points for different people, but its generally accepted that old bleach was good. if black torch can capture that same kind of good storytelling then i see no problem.

sucks that its monthly though, ill admit.

Why does every single Jump Square battle shounen feel like Bleach?

They like bleach but can't admit it or they'll look lame, just like Sup Forums

But Bleach is shit.

You waifu a shit

We don't talk about it because there's not much to talk about. It's basically Blue Exorcist and that doesn't have much to talk about either. FeMC is criminally hot, swordsman's bro/hate relationship is fun, there's promise for a lot of action and a lot of hijinks and I'm excited for it.

Bleach isn't popular anymore so it's okay to say you like it user.

>Implying

Slow-ass pacing and subpar fights do not make a good manga.

>literally my mom's bleach

well i mean considering you people still expected things from bleach i'd say that's a problem with your expectations and not bleach. its fine to stop thinking so hard about things and just enjoy it.

>just enjoy it.
You contradicted yourself.
Why enjoy something you expect nothing from?
On a psychological level that's more fucked than masochism.

Its better than Bleach so far, MC isnt a special snowflake in the genetic pool, this MC just got lucky with a compatible cat.

exactly

For now. It is a common shounen trope. Jiro is going to be special in the future.

>get to chapter 3

all I could think of was this
youtube.com/watch?v=Xgk9ouBuj-4

It's just very generic.

>Jump Square
You mean Jump collection of exorcist's manga.

It's fucking great and has God tier art. No one talks about it because Sup Forums in general mostly doesn't give a shit about manga.

It's pretty generic, the mc and his cat are fine, the main girl is ok I guess, but the boss guy seems to just have them doing things because that's what the plot needs not because they make any sense.

As people have said, it's generic. The characters are all familiar stock archetypes of the genre, the action, while clean, shows nothing that stands out, and even the plot feels predictable (although I noticed that the last chapter got something that I feared would be put off for a long time (i.e. backstory) seemingly out of the way).

For the moment, it's just plain generic, and even the way it's told isn't particularly unique. People have been saying it's reminiscent of early Bleach, but even that had a certain quirkiness to its setting, characters, and sense of humor.

Who knows though, perhaps this might actually go somewhere interesting, even if I highly doubt it.

>has potential
So you did OP and look at where are you now.

>Jump Square
Is it about exorcists?

He's a special snowflake who got raised by a ninja grandpa and can talk to animals.

It's bland as fuck.

The art quality for this is the best I've seen from shonen manga.

This
Because it is Bleach monthly version

but wasn't the art the only good thing about Bleach?

Never heard of it. I'll give it a try, OP.

Indeed.