Tell me why unions aren't the greatest thing on the planet and why I should oppose them. I was just awarded 11...

Tell me why unions aren't the greatest thing on the planet and why I should oppose them. I was just awarded 11.7 million $ after getting hit with 480volts in the forehead after a pipe was grounded with a shared 480 line in an old building in NY. They wanted to offer me 35k and lay me off. Until my union decided we would go to court for it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qq7wnMvLYg4
electrocuted.com/safety/statistics/
lightningsafety.noaa.gov/odds.shtml
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opposition_to_trade_unions#Economic_effects
wol.iza.org/articles/union-wage-effects
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because its just another never really used, but still mandatory insurance.

also you got your dumb ass hurt and now your coworkers are paying for it.

>480 volts to the brain

not going to waste time explaining someone who got 11 million in electroshock therapy

There is an ideal system of rules and regulations that keeps the market working efficiently at an optimal possible rate. Too few regulations causes fraud, power abuse, or not a market at all. Too many creates inefficiency.

When a union (however you define it) gets given power, it can potentially disrupt that optimal level, and start making random demands that violate economic principles. There is no such thing as a "fair" wage, and minimum wages need to be set dependent on local mean wage, else it would cause unemployment.

Read a book nigger.

Good for you buddy. Can I get tree fiddy?

Unions are fine and still serve a purpose. However they have too much power in some states and they actually cause some serious problems in bigger cities like Chicago.

Based Berkut.

Also, 480 isnt shit. 110 has the potential to kill you far more easily.

Also, not the volts but amps faggot. Paypal me some cash.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qq7wnMvLYg4

This is too real

Want to support my lab? I'll name it after you. "480AnonLabs"

lying piece of crap. unions cant hire lawyers for you. they have nothing to do with your legal issues. all they do is collective bargaining and contract inforcement.

The anti-union people are the same anti-welfare people.
They make up imaginary stories about the system being exploited and then use that as an excuse to destroy the entire system. After all, they didn't need any welfare or unions after their inherited their parents company and millions of dollars, so why would anyone else need it? Wealthy republicans have a weird mental defect where they cannot process empathy nor understand that their privileged position propped up atop of thousands of people.

anyone who gets legal advice from the union is an idiot. they not lawyers.

>they have nothing to do with your legal issues. all they do is collective bargaining and contract inforcement.

This is fundamentally false

Good when they're doing what they're supposed to. Unfortunate tendency to reach beyond, sometimes even into crime. Complicated situation.

Unions are rarely a force of good. They won't have viewed that as OP getting compensation for life changing injuries, but a chance to bring down someone's company.

One of the few good things Thatcher did was break them and shame many of them into suicide and alcoholism in this country. They're leeches.

how so idiot? you trying to tell me a court disability settlement changes depending on if you in the union or not? 23 year union member here.

Are you really this stupid? Unions have lawyers working for them and access to vast legal channels. They're basically the old school equivalent of the human rights lawyer - well paid, everywhere and sniffing for cash. They're also utterly without principle.

Unions absolutely do get involved in legal issues in the USA and are the driving force behind a lot of them, because of the immense power they wield in certain areas of the US.

It was 277 you lyingfuck. If it was a 480v short it would have blown apart where the two legs met

Yeah. Didn't happen. The limit on bodily injury is dependent on the injury, and its flat rate. For you to get 11.7 mil you would have had to be blown apart by the voltage, welded back together, and set on fire.

They are great, but the cucks will shill for their rich masters because muh capitalism.

>hit with 480volts in the forehead
did it turn you into a liberal, gun hating, soy boy? ?

you know nothing. union lawyers are contract lawyers with no experience in workers compensation. the union can refer you to private law firms but thats as far as they go. you know nothing about our labor system stop shitposting

>110 has the potential to kill you far more easily.

Hundreds of millions of people use 110V daily.
How often do people get killed by it?

When my PC's power supply failed the case had 110V on it (half of our power grid, something to do with the way PC power supplied work).
I got zapped numerous times before I figured out it was the power supply that was at fault and not the TV cable I had plugged into it (the latter was grounded, so I got zapped when I touched it).
It hurt, yes, but it really wasn't that bad.

As for unions: voluntary is good, mandatory is stupid.

besides the fact we cant even sue our company while we are employed. is in our contract. douche.

110 is the most deadly cause higher voltages will blow you away from the emf, 110 hold you. basic 101 electricity. dumb asses abound today.

110 has the potential to cause your muscle to spasm and grip the wire. higher volts tend to knock you away.

Also, amps are what kill you.

Again: how many of the hundreds of millions of people get killed per year?

I'll bet more Americans get struck by lightning than are killed by household electricity.

for the first time in my life i am ashamed to be half russian.

>110 has the potential to cause your muscle to spasm and grip the wire.

Which will be annoying.
But not deadly.

Unless it's straight across your heart your body can take a lot of electricity.

>I'll bet more Americans get struck by lightning than are killed by household electricity.
Youd lose the bet

Its not that difficult to understand. Spend some time reading about it.

>Which will be annoying.
>But not deadly.

ok so youre retarded. go stick a fork in your outlet. or take a bath with a toaster. retard.

Other posters have no clue about unions lmao ur rite on m8

You should be ashamed for being a retard

But he's Dutch

Cause england has gone from strength to strength since the iron lady ruled...

>take a bath with a toaster.

What does that have to do with grabbing a wire?

>Electrical hazards cause more than 300 deaths and 4,000 injuries each year among the U.S. workforce.
electrocuted.com/safety/statistics/

lightningsafety.noaa.gov/odds.shtml
>Average Number of Deaths Reported
>30
>Estimated number of Injuries
>270

...So they're actually both 300.
One in a million chance - I'm SUPER scared right now!!!

They are the greatest thing on the planet comrade.

(((Unions)))

>300 deaths, 4000 injuries
>30 deaths, 270 injuries

Its like youre getting more retarded with every post. heres your (((You)))

Note I said KILLED by electricity vs. HIT by lightning.

Both 300

im a business owner and i btfo union workers for basically the bullshit you just posted.

>unionize on my watch and youre all fired.

They had money in it for themselves, otherwise they would've just thrown you out happily. Your case just shows how much of a cancer they are.

A union is like a gun, or religion, or pretty much anything. It's not the thing that is wrong, it's how people use the thing wrongly.

Unions are good in theory. In practice, they make employees lazy, encourage manipulation, and creates an insane gestapo where you're forced to be a part of someone else's opinion.

You also did not need a union, if you had not been lobotomized by the accident, you would've called a lawyer. Same result, lesser commission.

I fucking hate the Dutch now. Leaf-tier postings.

Cool, pls buy me an ar-15

Lets see what economist think, if you are right they are 100% in favor

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opposition_to_trade_unions#Economic_effects
wol.iza.org/articles/union-wage-effects
Oops, looks like the evidence is mixed!

Unions did a really good thing in America 100 years ago, now they are have moved completely out of bounds.

Is that gif from Euromaidan? Fuck those were comfy times. It's what led me to Sup Forums and then eventually Sup Forums, thanks based Ukraine

>you need a union to sue an employer
Yea op, retards like you need a union because you need your hand held at the expense of everyone else