Why do Americans hate on the French so much? It's so cringy and try-hard...

Why do Americans hate on the French so much? It's so cringy and try-hard, especially considering the fact that most Amerifats would probably struggle to point out France on a map. I mean, we have a shared history/rivalry with the French which spans almost a millennium, so our occasional bantering makes sense. Why do Americans do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_fries
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The menu, lol

Their fucking language is the most offensive sound in the world.

I'll take The French.

On one hand, it's just a case of "monkey see, monkey do" in the sense that shitting on the French is a millennium-old British tradition that they've copied. On the other, I have no problem with that because the frogs deserve it.

yeah it sounds like a nice snack a bit overpriced though

americans are so painfully unfunny it's embarrassing

This

I love the French and I will not forget our shared history so soon. My heart breaks for their castrated people and their dissolving will. They need to remember who the fuck they are and drive the waste from their lands. Their legacy is too important to be stained forever by one generation.

>Thank you four youre service GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA OK

French people suck. Worthless frogs. I hope the muzzies slaughter every French "person".

it's a jewish and britfag trick to keep the french and americans from getting on too well because we all know how we tend to fuck you faggots up when we hang around each other too much.

We are better than you. End of thread.

I don't know what you're talking about, never seen an American on this board be offensive to the French. If they are they don't know there own history.

Meh, Italians are worse

>be American
>have visited Europe, been to England, France, the Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Poland Czech Republic, Slovakia, Austria, Italy, Spain
>always made attempt to understand local language and customs to not be the trope "dumb American abroad" and instead take in the local culture and really get a feel for/enjoy a place and do nothing to try and make the locals cater to my sensibilities
>met lots of interesting people, had many good and friendly conversations at pubs/beer halls/restaurants in all countries except one
>received more or less warmly or at least cordially by locals in all countries except one
>enjoyed myself taking in the sights and history of all countries except one
>called filthy american piece of shit and spit at in one country while politely asking for directions in their local language
guess that one country

>most Amerifats would probably struggle to point out France on a map.
I'm literally guessing. I figure this one is big and close enough for England to constantly go to war with over a few centuries, so it's probably the one. How'd I do?

Shut it, you nigger loving frog.

The Congo ?

Neocon Jews riling up infighting between Western people. Jews also control the media and push the same shit.

When you understand that, you see it for what it is.

Is that what they're calling Paris now?

Most don't. It's neocon boomer cunts.

You see France decided not to take part in the post 9/11 Iraq war and Bush supporters saw that as treason.

Look up Freedom Fries, it’s pretty embarrassing.

Like father like son.

debmark

French wine is still the best on the planet, non-city france is gr8 but the city parts ruin the whole thing

I wouldn't say Americans hate the frogs.

Now the bongs can fuck right off and stay there.

The French hate us, it's just banter

that was only for a little white after the Iraq War started

Why wouldn't you hate the French?

>The Royal Saudi Family
>We throw a chicken from the 6th floor and serve you the scattered parts sautéed in pure olive oil..........................$9.11

It started with their opposition to the Iraq war "freedom fries" lol, Americans really are sheep

>time to trot out some Bush era cringe neocohen propaganda and pretend the Americans believe it to this day
Inshallah Ahmed al Britani

What? I have no issue with the French. Where do people get this idea?

Most Americans fetishize France and the French, like many other non-Europeans who have very little contact with them. Dumb shit like that menu is representative of a certain cross-section of white trash who think being a zog puppet muhrine (since that's in San Diego) is a great honor. I'm not going to bother looking up that restaurant, but my money's on the bet that it caters to white trash flying in to see their new little boot muhrine's big graduation. The sort of trash that largely populates our military lives entirely off of welfare and the constant social validation that keeps them enthralled to the government. They need pandering like that menu to delay their suicide

I consider historically the French to be our greatest ally. But I can still find humor in that breakfast.

The French suck. They are the biggest world history back stabbers .
Watched a documentary about world opinion of USA . Reporter was from USA went around world asking what's your real opinion about Americans.
The ONLY country to show actual hate was France, even to the point of pissing off the reporter to the extent he went on a history rant, then told the frogs that
"If it wasn't for the Americans they'd all be speaking GERMAN.

I get the USMC = spics thing, but why isn't the Navy meal some kind of Flip food like adobo?

Insecurity. Americans see the French as idle, too classy and sophisticated, while Americans are more crude in their existence

>mfw tater bantz

it's so their wives feel more welcome

Canada?

The fact that america only won the revolutionary war because france helped them ruins the creation myth of "We told the biggest empire in the world to fuck off despite just being some colonies and we sent them packing, america fuck yeah", and more recently france not wanting to instantly join the war on terror after 9/11 drains on the psyche of a lot of people in a way that can only be fixed by shitting on them constantly.

>Openly express hate, unlike everyone else who secretly hate the US
>back-stabbers

You got it all wrong Jamal. Back to school you go.

This, pretty much. Americans don't hate French until they actually have to deal with them. Then the banter becomes heartfelt.

>there is someone living in the world who unironically believes this statement to be true

>Most Americans fetishize France and the French
no we don't, we hate the french. some people like visiting Paris, but that's for the the food, wine, and the Louvre. we generally find the people intolerable.

>French wine is still the best on the planet

What's it like to be our vassal, leaf?

>Americans don't hate French until they actually have to deal with them.
>Then the [hatred and contempt] becomes heartfelt.
Went to Osterreich via France, this is so true

A variety of reasons but mostly because France acted like massive autists under de Gaule, purposely screwing over America on numerous occasions and pretending they won the war.

But most of all because recently Franc refused to cuck and join USA in the Iraq war.

Also they are French

Versailles treaty
'nuff said

Meanwhile in reality, ask any American who doesn't live in a trailer park what they think about French food, language, art, visiting France, you name it. All the typical memes about finding it sophisticated will usually find their way into the discussion. The only negative thing in popular culture would be hearing that they are "rude."

>Be Brit
> complaining about Americans picking on the French (hint all that shit was true) when you're not even French
>Literally whining like when u see one sibbling pick on another.
>being this big of a faggot.

Only in quebec i think

America and France have been social rivals long before 9/11 kiddo.

>shitting on them constantly
We don't. Fucking cunt leaf is insufferable.

Dude I'm not who you're replying to but u clearly haven't met many French niggers.

Stereotypes are such for reason

We lack any real culture or history compared to Europe and we try to compensate by having exaggerated opinions about things like Star Wars and WWII

I'm guessing it's because of french new wave cinema from the 50's-60's. Bored French people chain smoking in berets talking about extentialism and shit. None of these burgers saw those movies but it became a stereotype. France hasn't really come up with an easily identifiable image for themselves since then. Also that menu is obnoxious and most Americans would also wonder WTF the owners were thinking.

>theyd be speaking german

nope, you havent heard of vichy france

Pretty lousy, you should probably start doing some military imperialism instead of just the cultural kind before you have a second mexico along your north border.

That has absolutely nothing to do with what I said though.

>American thinking he has any taste or superiority in this regard

This is a popular product in your country

Parisians and other big city French are the most vile people in Europe. Terrible drivers, extremely rude and arrogant.

However, in the countryside and more rural France they are some of the nicest people in Europe, if not the nicest. I think this follows a similar trend to the UK and US.

As an American I can appreciate what France did to help us with our revolution vs England. Without their help the USA might not exist. That being said I don't pretend that they meaning the crown help us because it would hurt their rival and not out of a superior moral ideal. We have paid back any debt with interest in the two world wars and all of the money we invested to keep Europe communism free. I think the french are just a unique people who talk a lot of shit because they are holding onto some Napoleon past greatness and sour that they don't mean much anymore.

>and drive the waste from their lands
Agreed, it's past time nationalists knew we won't take their shit much longer.

I don't think most Americans hate the French. After all they're one of the main reasons their revolt succeeded.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_fries

>struggling to point out a coastal country on a map
I know our education system is somehow getting even worse that it was, but this seems unlikely.

It's because in recent history we have done nothing but try to help the French and retain them as allies by acting loyally, shedding American blood and losing American treasure in the process, but they take every opportunity to criticize and demean us despite the fact that our worst acts of imperial hubris are on par with their own, even today... the french intervene in africa constantly, shit all over smaller countries to serve their interest, topple democratic but unfriendly regimes, and then dare to act self-righteous towards us.

I'm not commenting on what the French are like, I'm commenting on what American's think of France and the French.

>Without their help the USA might not exist.
It's would not.

>"too much ass"

I luv oldest ally.
Great food and philosophy.

More or less most people are decent the further you get away from large cities. Country people are clannish but if you can act like a decent human most will treat you as you treat them.

Mutt being mutt, a kike say french are coward because they don't want to follow them in iraq and here we go

And then they dare to come here talking about the SJW being brainwashed by kike

>Live in France for a year
>My Ameritard broken French is never a problem and many people are excited to use English
>Go to Germany for 2 weeks, everyone is nice except a Turk at a pizza place that gets mad I can't speak German

???

>Great philosophy

You must be joking. You realise the French invented neo-Marxism right? 20th century French philosophy has destroyed the west.

haha no. We'd be speaking russian

>implying America doing some LARPing in Normandy was the reason Hitler lost.

We are an Anglo-centric country still. At least the whites are, even when they aren't English in heredity. The French and English have a rivalry that goes back like a thousand years.

Because De Gaul

I do not actually hate the french, but sometimes I will call you guys frogs, but really french, and american revolutions go hand in hand, and the french peoples cultural contribution is pretty great, but you have to admit that some of the perceived notions of french people is a result of the dominant culture at the time that whole bourgeois, and monarch bullshit.

And the spelling. How do you get a long o sound from “eaux”? It’s almost as bad as Gaelic.

they brought zima back?

but I stand by my statement, CA wines have been whipping French wines in French competitions for decades. Try not to be such a slowpoke

not that I don't like some Loire reds

I'd be okay with the Airforce or The French. Poached eggs are the shit.

We didn't go to Iraq in 2003

The speaking German meme is a meme. The only province Hitler wanted was Elsass Lothrinfen, capital city, Strasbourg, tres Francais name, btw.

They spoke German there until the French made it illegal.

You make me laugh.

La langue français est naturelle pour moi.

>How do you get a long o sound from “eaux”?
Other way around, they went from eaux to o. Spelling got fixed but the sounds kept mutating. Similar situation to English

100% this.

>most Amerifats would probably struggle to point out France on a map.
i'll admit right now that i cant find them on a map but thats because theyre irrelevant. they have nothing besides "culture" lel. i can find russia, iran and north korea on a map because they actually matter. france isnt an actor on the world stage. they do nothing. they are nothing. "ooh la la look at us we can build some mediocre jets and naval vessels" YAWN

They loved the French up until they refused to believe their "Saddam has WMD" hoax.

I guess the French just remind them of their own stupidity.

Only the rosbeef englishmen have the right to hate us.
Americans, as always have no history and no culture yet try to invent their own through massive amount of consumerist bullshit and military fetichisation (while also pretending to be free, and against big gov...Go figure).
They like to invent their own little story of how the war went, even though they were the most sheltered nation through both world wars, having never been hit in his own soil (except Pearl Harbor but lol). So they go on about French Cowardice and such and such, while eating their disgusting food with their oil covered hands, to try and pretend they are actually a real country, with actual heritage.

>destroying the west.
>not america
This is new. Lol
I was more keen on Montesquieu, Voltaire.

>implying the Russians would have won if the Germans only had to focus on the East

>dude fruitbombs lmao
>dude butterbombs lmao

almost everything california produces is one-note, I have yet to find a chalky white or an herbaceous red at anything but the $100+ price point. The best french wines aren't even entered into competitions because they sell for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

don't worry, I used to be like you for almost 10 years. You'll get there

What does trudeau being a homo have to do with americans making fun of france all the time?

They lost any claim to righteousness when they allied with the Ottomans against other Christian Europeans