ITT: Pleb filters

ITT: Pleb filters

Honestly a great show with a lot of nuance but you have to be able to see past the surface level nonsense.

You can post any 70's, 80's or even early 90's series at this point if you are referring to current anime fandom

(You)

Whitebase needs salt

As if anyone who watched Gunbuster at some point gets an automatic get out of jail card on opinions.

Plebs existed then and they exist now. Parroting some dumb shit while waving around the fact they sat through Bubblegum Crisis as their claim to fame is just as plebeian as doing so while highlighting Madoka or whatever.

>My cartoons are better than your cartoons!

Grow up.

The missile blew up all our salt
Let's go look for a lake
Oh no where is the lake
Oh it moved
Poorly animated Gundam fight

Wise words.

>ITT: bad anime I liked

Perhaps you are a pleb caught in the filter

>Pleb filters thread
>OP actually posted a pleb filter show

Paint me surprised.

I recently watched 0079 for the first time. I can see how it was a major influence on series that followed, but the quality of everything from the writing to animation was wildly inconsistent. It's even less impressive when you consider that something like Ashita no Joe 2 would come out a year later.

From production perspective something like MSG was just a bottom of the barrel stuff in comparison with Ashita no Joe.
Looking good was not the producer's priority at the time the show was created but whatever it has in terms of that is a result of the effort and dedication of a talented staff that was trying to do more than earn its money.
Despite the inconsistent quality it still contains some excellent pieces of animation, design and direction.
While the writing suffers from the limitations of the genre, it is still excellent and far surpasses that of most shows of any genre and target demographic that aired before or after.

Came in here to post this.

This is like Texhnolyze in that you have to watch the first episode twice to get it

Hey just watching this didn't make me a pleb.