What went so wrong?

What went so wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oK231AMq50Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They didn't go with the 3D animation from Gantz: O from the start.

He had no idea what he was doing and didn't plan ahead

Gantz 0 was fuckin great man.

Isn't that a character from Tekken 7?

For the anime? Everything except the OP, the whole anime is not only full of QUALITY but also full of plotholes that the manga does not have plus going for a full original story from start to end. The manga is literally perfect except for that really fucking weird ending that literally left everything in the air, i'm all ok for open endings but that was too much.

manga was a masterpiece up until the end

youtube.com/watch?v=oK231AMq50Q

I feel you.
It was honestly the best CGI movie I've ever seen and I've heard many others say the same.
The animations were something else, even topping the Final Fantasy movies.

If the movie had featured Kaze and Takeshi it would've become even better.

It's a Gantz hard suit, but close.

Makes me sad there won't be another one

"What went so wrong?" Sup Forums threads should be bannable

When you have such a long-spanning story it's really hard to make a closure to it considering you want to milk it for as long as possible once it's popular.

Also same thing that would happen to every long-run manga - author lost interest. Same happened to Miura too hence why Berserk is on endless hiatus. JoJo doesn't drop in quality because Araki does something different with each new ark and never writes one story for 10 years.

Will there ever be a sequel to high budget CGI anime film? There wasn't any with saint seiya either.

It just dragged after the initial team was gone. Some stuff was interesting what with some of the participants being batshit insane but it just got progressively blander, culimating in the final arc which was chapters upon chapters of the MC trying to rescue his gf from giant people.

The problem with a lot of the of the long running manga is that the author often didn't plan on making it long in the first place. So they have to expand in some way which often ends up in repetitions/formulas or jumping the shark.

Akira never planned anything with DB and kept making shit up as he went along every month.

I'm sure it was the same thing with Gantz.

The second team was great. The manga went downhill when the vampires where introduced. And it went apeshit in the last arc.

I don't think that's it, actually.

Oku Hiroya made Zero One (pic related) before Gantz and just recently finished with Inuyashiki.
Both those mangas have rushed endings, just like Gantz.

It could be that he got bored with Gantz, but it seems like he just tends to never think his stories through in general.

It's not like any of his stories have good writing or any interesting themes in the first place. It's gore + tits for edgy teenagers, so why even try?

Yeah sure the CG was great but it sucked that it wasn't the manga version of the Osaka arc.. Like, I wanted to see more osaka team shenanigans and muscle rider shit.. Or that vampire vs youkai sword fight..

not enough rape

That's literally every anime though.
Cute faces + tits + bad writing for edgy teenagers.

The writing for Gantz wasn't bad in the slightest in terms of the manga, unless you consider works like Death Note bad writing too.
In that case I'd say anime is just not your cup of tea.

>b..but muh Kon, Yuasa, Abe, Maruo and Sano writing

>Berserk is on endless hiatus
I haven't read for a long time (wait for this thing to finally end), but doesn't Miura continue writing since this spring? Or are we on another hiatus already?

no it isn't you fucking pleb
jesus christ

I thought Kei's character arc was well done(up until the end of the Oni mission where he went free).

Otherwise it was just violence, but mostly good violence

None of those words tell me anything.

But every person I've ever seen to hate on Gantz is watching anime with allgirls casts and nonstop fanservice.
I don't see any credibility in any of that.

Gantz has higher entertainment value than any of those lightweight stories focused solely on comedy or ecchi or whatever the heck.
So at the very least, it's already far beyond 90% of other anime.
That then leaves story masterpieces like legends of the galactic heroes to compete with, whom Gantz can not compete with simply already because the story was rushed towards the end.

*hesitates*

I'm just disappointed that perv guy didn't try to fuck the boob monster

My reason for hating on Gantz is how quickly it went to shit with rushed arcs and forced plot devices. It was entertaining, I'll give it that, but it stops being entertaining when you have a character run around butt naked for 7 chapters screaming. There's a lot of ass sure, but it gets boring when that's all the content he seems to care about.

Gantz was awesome, I miss it so much.

watched gantz:o?

If the last arc didnt exist Gantz would be universally praised as a solid piece of entertainment

But since it ended the way it did every thread is essentially "Man that was a wild ride but wtf was that ending"

I love Gantz and take the good with the bad, but I hope one day it gets a proper anime and they take certain liberties with the last arc

Where do you think it got shitty?
It's been a while since I read it but I remember it was good up until the end of the italy mission then it got pretty wack

tae. any other girl would have worked. hell, he could have had a boyfriend and that would have been better

Even the last arc wouldn't be labelled as disappointing or bad if the ending was actually better

The mangaka shat on the 2nd Kei and his girlfriend.That was why the manga gave me a bad feeling that the happy ending did not erase

Nishi should've gotten a cute boyfriend.

tae-chan
vampires

the exact moment when it went to shit was when we get a second Kurono because the idol couldnt get over him. That is the exact moment.

fookin hell I forgot about that shit

Vampires should've never been a thing Tae should've never been a thing, or at least if she was she shouldn't have received plot armor out the ass that let her conveniently survive situations that anyone else would've died in given her situation. Kurono should've resurrected Sakuraoka. The apocalypse arc should've been with the Roman statues back in Italy, hell they could've thrown in a bunch of other overpowered aliens but the few chapters we had covering what was going on in Italy were ten times as enjoyable as the entire last arc. Also during the middle arcs more of the core fighters should've ended up dying. One of the entertaining parts about Gantz is the feeling that you never know who's going to come out of a mission alive which got ruined during the Oni and Nurarihyon arcs. The expected cannon fodder ended up dying and most everyone in the main group came out alive, compare that to the Buddhist statue arc where everyone but Kurono died, I didn't expect that at all when I was reading it.

nailed it. How would you guys have finished Gantz if you could write the ending from just after Italy?

the ending felt so rushed and utterly unsatisfying. For how great the premise and build up it was just a load of hot air.

aka it suffered the same problem as air gear; great art, great premise, but made by artists who can't write a story for shit.

Aliens invade, company behind the Gantz machines form fighting force to defend humanity, successfully repel aliens, company execs are fucking insane with power, Gantz troopers decide to off them before they can order them to do anything horrible, everyone goes home greeted as heroes, and the end.

I really liked Gantz: 0. Sure, they went with a formula, but it worked.

I can dig that. Gantz tech vs Gantz tech would be pretty awesome for a finale.

>Vampires blah blah
Besides not having a satisfactory conclusion there was nothing wrong or unfinished about them, they appeared, their motives were explained, their existence was explained, their movements were explained and when everything just become a big "every man for himself" they just survived like anyone else, sure we don't know if they will keep on hunting the hunters or not, but as many other things, we don't know what will be the destiny of the habitants of the planet, that's why I can't defend the ending but the rest of the series is pretty solid and amazingly well written despite what some retards might think.
All I can say about the rest of your comment is that that's your opinion, Oni mission and Nurarihyon were simply epic, no other word can describe it better, also the Italy mission, also every freaking mission in the series. I do agree that the last arc was VERY "unsettling" though, for me the Gantz I love ended after the Italy mission and the rest was just... fun, as a Taefag, I simply couldn't stand her in the last arc.

Me too.

I'm still waiting my "Gantz: Brotherhood", 4 seasons covering everything by MADHOUSE.

This shit wasn't possible in 2004.

Not enough Reika