3-gatsu Joins Japanese Government to Fight Bullying

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-10-03/march-comes-in-like-a-lion-joins-japanese-government-to-fight-bullying/.122218

> MEXT is distributing a total of 18,000 collaboration posters to junior high schools, compulsory education schools, high schools, secondary education schools, and technical colleges throughout Japan. The poster features Hinata coming to young Rei's aid although Hinata herself is being bullied. The poster also features the message "I'll be your friend through it all" and the phone number for MEXT's "24-hour child SOS" hotline.

That drawing of Hinata looks weird.

Cute.

Now we need a Berserk poster with Donovan saying the same to young Gatsu.

Everything about the drawing looks really weird. But it's a cool thing anyway.

That's nice.

maybe when they actually punish sexual assaulters and stalkers the bullying will pipe down a bit
nice posters, though

>muh bullying

nigga dat shit makes you strong. I got bullied all fucking day till I got fed up and smashed the kids face on the concrete. Now look at me, I'm a fucking NEET alcoholic that hasn't gotten laid in years. Livin the fuckin dream son.

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is School Bullying Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Drop Out Like Nigga Go Work Haha

>current Hinata
>younger Rei

Can somebody explain this

>Hinata herself is being bullied
Did I just get fucking spoiled

>support Rei x Hina
>hear that there's a pic with Hina extending her hand to Rei to help him
>onmywayat90mph.png
>it's shota Rei

notlikethis

>was about to start March, especially since a friend is crazy about it
>shogi
>"style is weird, but looks comfy"
>see this less than a week before planned start

Is this just SJW bullshit?

Let me preface what i'm about to say by stating that i'm aware you're probably trolling and/or a dumb Sup Forums crossboarder but no, it's not "sjw bullshit". How is anti-bullying in any way "sjw bullshit", especially in a country like Japan where bullying is an extremely serious issue since they are way too hardcore about it there, to the point where people are completely driven away from society and sometimes into suicide because of it? Anyhow, the show isn't about bullying, just this specific story arc.

Fuck this shit, but if it means we can get a s3 because of it I'll accept it.

No, it's really more than just that. His adoptive sister is absolutely vicious towards him,
and in the anime, Hina is really the only one we see taking anything close to an active stance against her. Mind, this is the anime that I'm talking about, so I wouldn't know a lot about what happens in the future, but there is that. I'm trying to avoid spoilers.

I had no idea that Hina was being bullied,
though. She gave absolutely no indication of it in S1.

Watch it, though. It's some of the best shit I've seen in a while.

>kissanime
Hinata gets bullied. Her teacher collapses and the new one fixes everything. Rei proposes to Hinata. The shogi champion is mostly deaf. Hinata's dad tries to make his old kids take care of his new kids. Rei makes friends. Rei loses all of his friends. Shimada 8-dan just can't catch a break. Rei wins the amateur tournament by killing a bald man's dreams.

Enjoy season two, you shitposting, streaming, secondary, redditor.

No need to be a jackass, you flaming faggot. Streamers are shitters, but spoiling is an actual cardinal sin that should be banworthy.
That picture hurt my soul the first time I saw it, and I don't think that it will ever stop hurting.

Rei considers Hinata to be the one who pulled him out of the autism of his childhood. It makes sense from his perspective, it's just not a great representation for this kind of ad.

She's a time traveler.

>#triggered
>ifunny image
Fuck off forever.

>ifunny
Actually leave and never come back

>using spoiler tags for a non-spoiler
you are part of the problem

>they said that this show wasn't for SJW shitters
>#triggered
Yeah, I think I've seen enough
Time to get hype for something else

Friendly reminder that if a story is actually well written and executed, you'll enjoy and connect with it no matter how much information you go into it with.

>everybody is bullying an user in a thread about anti-bullying
sasuga satan

i'm really excited to see season 2, I really love the manga for this

Case in point, hype around the second season is due to the quality of the bullying arc and the manga in general and people wanting to see it adapted. The fact that mangafags know what happens isn't detrimental at all.

>cyber "bullying" is bullying
Loving every laugh.

[spolers]So he's not going to enjoy it lol
This shit is forced drama of the lowest caliber[/spoilers]

>SJW
Okay, not the lowest caliber
For all my problems with it, I'm not seeing where "SJW" comes from

>I got bullied all fucking day
And now you're here.

This. All I know is that Hinata is going to get bullied, and I'm going to have sexual thoughts about it. Nothing stopping my enjoyment there.

>that spoilered section
DELETE THIS

Agree with this, I know fucking everything that happens and I'm just all the more excited to know what's going to happen in the anime and seeing it animated.

>ywn have a cute girl who's younger than you time-travel to meet your past self and help you in a time of need

That arc was great, can't wait for her to see her decking kid!Kyouko on the big screen

The example I always go to for anime and manga is Berserk, a story which """spoils""" itself by revealing that Griffith betrays Guts in chapter 8, before spending another 100 chapters telling the story of how that happened. But it hasn't actually spoiled anything at all, because it's not about gasping and ooing at cheap shocks, it's about connecting to the drama created by fully realised and complex characters, and people love it anyway.

>show about people playing a board game for old men and a kid hanging out with cute girls
>"forced drama"
Do you know the meaning of the phrase you're using?

How about a cute boy who's younger than you time-traveling to meet your past self to help you in a time of need?

Yeah, it also made me a powerful wizard. Would recommend.

>muh edgy depressed orphan kid
>muh evil step-sister
>muh "I'm all alone in this cold evil world even though there are a bunch of nice people right next to me"
>literally forcing drama out of japanese checkers

Yeah, I do
The only way to stack it even higher would be
>"oh that boy's cute but I can't let anyone know that I'm gay"
or
>"I feel like a cute girl but that's not manly"

He acts like such a pussy that I wouldn't be surprised if they went with that later on, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt until it happens

And I'll never find out if it happens unless Sup Forums explodes over it, because I was done with this shit after he literally turned into a screeching autist when he saw his "best friend" encouraging him on TV

>after he literally turned into a screeching autist when he saw his "best friend" encouraging him on TV
Can somebody who isn't clearly biased explain what he's talking about so I can fairly judge whether or not I should spend time on this
If this is exactly how it sounds, I'm not touching this shit with a ten-foot pole, but he also sounds like he has a giant hate boner for the show, so I dunno

>muh edgy depressed orphan kid
>edgy
One of us doesn't know what that word means, and I think it's you

Watch it, it's good
He's a pro shogi player so his matches get televised if he does well enough, and an acquaintance and self-proclaimed best friend is providing commentary during one of his matches. During the flow of the game his friend starts yelling into the camera that he should start taking better care for himself, both in terms of the game and in general. The mc has a history of abuse, doesn't get along with most people and rarely shows much emotion. At the time was in a really rough place, started pilling up loses, starts doubting his choice of carrer, which was never really a choice, has a shitty family situation. He sees the recording of his game gets angry, yells out a few sentences, and then calms down, people around him say it was a good thing that he is getting passionate and emotional about something but that his friend is right. He knows so himself but doesn't want to admit himself.

>he literally couldn't reply to anything else, so he focused on one detail
bravo

Also, how is
>muh lonely existence
>muh god of Japanese checkers
>muh forced cuckoo killing the other babies analogy

not edgy bullshit?

I'm biased, but you'd be biased too, after watching that shit

Let's all join together and make bullying kill itself!

It is still bulllying.

>edgy
If that word has lost its meaning so much that it can now be applied to introverted nerds who play board games for a living, it just needs to be removed from the English language. It has no purpose.
>evil step-siter
Yeah, you can make any character sound bad if you oversimplify and ignore everything that makes them good. She's a fragile girl who had her family life and career prospects ruined by a boy she didn't know invading her home. She has negative feelings towards him which are understandable, if irrational. And it's not like she's a wicked witch who cackles and schemes over how she's going to destroy him. She has some venom in her voice and messes around with his head when she comes to visit him and see how he's doing... but she's come to visit him and see how he's doing. It's very evident she has more complex feelings towards him than just hating him. And none of that is even getting into his complex feelings for her, and how they shape him as a character.
>muh "I don't understand how human emotions work and I'm going to exaggerate everything"
He still feels massively guilty and confused about ruining the last family he was invited into, it's very clear why he's apphrehensive about entering another. And a big part of the show is him slowly getting over that and becoming more comfortable around them.
Except the show never does that. All the drama comes from the characters' relationships and emotions, shogi is just a vehicle to explore those and isn't even that massive of a part of any of the main character's lives, they all have big things going on beyond it.

>the entire rest of your post
Jesus Christ, you're not even talking about the show anymore, you're just delusionally rambling.

like just run away dude. like just turn off your screen man.

So was technically right literally, but grossly misrepresented the actual case.

Thanks, user. I'll got nothing better to do with my evening, and was debating between this and Oregairu. Guess it'll be the Harry Potter-looking fucker who plays shogi. Thanks for the rec.

What about an anime where an edgy kid shoots up his classmates for bullying him while "Pumped up kicks" plays?

Next you'll try saying that SAO is quality story-telling with deep, complex characters

>march-comes-in-like-a-lion-joins-japanese-government-to-fight-bullying
Is Nanoha also part of the initiative?

>he proved everything I said wrong
>I can't retort
>better accuse him of liking literal shit
>that'll surely discredit him and make evryone believe me
No champ, you've lost.

fuck you sjw niggershit
now post more ifunny garbage about #tiggered, it's what you're best at

>he literally couldn't reply to anything else, so he focused on one detail
okay
>muh evil step-sister
I don't get it, are you saying she is not treating him rough and he should deal with it or that he shouldn't care about her
>muh "I'm all alone in this cold evil world even though there are a bunch of nice people right next to me"
that's how it usually goes with people getting depressed which Rei is, he even says so himself in one of the episode
It's his career, if he fucks up enough he gets no money, and he dropped out school because of it. He also doesn't like his job, being stuck in a profession you don't like is a huge deal
>muh lonely existence
god forbid and orphan feels lonely
>muh god of Japanese checkers
If you're talking about Souya, I don't see anything weird with this. He is the Schumacher/Roger Federer/Michael Jordan/Tiger Woods/Usain Bolt/Michael Phelps/yougetthepount of his sport, obviously the media are trying to hype him up, new players look up to him, he feels untouchable to other players etc. He object to this in one of the episodes, but it obviously won't stop anyone
>muh forced cuckoo killing the other babies analogy
Forced how? Kyouko and Ayumu obviously felt that way. You could argue that it souldn't be so obvious. But the pont was that the parallel should be so visible that a middle-school Rei could see it and strongenough to make him move away

>tfw you will never hold hands with your daughteru while having a walk on a sunny day on the riverbank
Just kill me now.

>daughteru
Fuck off with that noise, that's his sister-in-law

The form of communication is irrelevant for the qualification as bullying.

Bullying is the
I. act of
II. using power, usually in the form of physical strength or social influence,
III. in order to harm or intimidate someone.

"Cyber bullying" is
I. a communicatory act
II. that uses one's power in the form of social influence
III. in order to harass or intimidate and therefore harm someone,
and therefore it's "bullying".

Did those girls died?

>bullying arc
What is it with Umino Chica manga adaptations and depressing second seasons?

Are you even following the thread?
The guy posting ifunny shit was the one complaing about spoilers. In the first post of mine which you replied to, I said that getting upset over spoilers is stupid. Please gain basic reading comprehension before attempting to argue again.

The middle school bullying and the deadbeat dad arcs really turned me off from this series.
It just felt so artificially constructed so Rei could stand on top as a hero.

>call someone a faggot online
>wahhhhhhh it's bullying now!
faggot

>your
Who cares about Rei, I was talking about myself.

Your indignation isn't relevant to whether definitions apply or not either.

On what planet was honey and clover's 2nd season depressing?

Why don't nip kids just beat up their bullies and assert dominance over the class? Bullies attack people because they think they're weak

>It just felt so artificially constructed so Rei could stand on top as a hero.
He doesn't even do anything in the bullying arc other than giving some minor moral support. If anything he's the one that gets "saved".
You seem way off.

It ended.

>Honey and Clover
>10/10 perfect adaptation, faithful and improved in ways similar to the manga's atmosphere
>outstanding coming of age story, based in college which is rare
>GREAT characters with very few minor characters
>good pacing
>no shit arcs

>3Gatsu
>shit adaptation, umino lusting after shinbo's directorial cock - results in poor art direction and lots of shaftisms/quirks
>multiple weak arcs
>rei is a shit protag and arguably one of the worst characters

I don't even know where to begin to rip apart this post.

please no bully

You've replied, he's already won

>but spoiling is an actual cardinal sin that should be banworthy.
What the fuck is this newfag talking about?

Is the racist back at it again?

I literally have no clue what you're talking about. Please do comment though. I cannot even fathom how you think 3gatsu is superior to H&C.

>march comes in like a lion

The fuck does that even mean?

Its just a show with fictional drama, why is everyone getting triggered in this thread? Did it stroke a dark past?

A simile

did Hina win?

The event in the month of March will be heavy hitting.

or, we don't really know. H&C title dropped in the last scene of the show, and meant nothing substantial.

H&C is a work so much more immature than 3gatsu that its inferiority isn't even up for debate. The awful arc about Morita's family feud and the neverending love triangles are so poorly constructed and juvenile. Umino has matured a lot since then.

I mean I agree that it doesn't have the depth, but I don't think a single thing from the series is unrealistic. That is what I loved about it, it wasn't about being a super well written masterful, suspenseful, and innovative love story. It was a coming of age story of kids in/out of college and all the shit they are going through. Hell, their situations are actually pretty tame.

The thing that is unrealistic about H&C, or at least partially, is that each of them other than Takemoto ended up being outstanding/a genius at their trade. That isn't how art school is.

No, Momo will be his daughteru and she'll live with him and Hina so Akari will be free to date the Bald shogi guy.

Roughly half of Sup Forums arent into asia drama series especially when it's outside of there relatable zone. So when inconvenient plot show up, they suddenly sperg out in anger. Many example you can see in Seo's manga and other young adult Romance genre. Hense why those threads always reach 300+ replies when someone post a controversial page of that scene.

Japan's very big on conforming, so the person being bullied is expected to change themselves to fit in with their peers rather than disturb the "harmony" by fighting back.

Akari when

>you will never bully Hina into posing for photos at your house for an anti-bully campaign that doesn't exist

The bullying arc was fucking goat.

>I don't think a single thing from the series is unrealistic
...except the entire Morita's subplot you Jean?
Honestly I think the quality varies madly within the series, Takemoto's trip for example is fantastic and all his arcs in general are great, meanwhile episode after episode of unrequired love bullshit made me wanna kill myself.

*you mean

I mean you're right about that I guess. It is anime though, so I don't think its wrong to have a few weird circumstances, especially when most of the others are so normal.

Morita was actually my least favorite character overall from the series - not that I disliked him.

I think the unrequited love stuff is just personal. I like it a lot and have only ever heard really shallow childish critique of it. IE: "wtf mayama is stupid he should have got with ayu!!!"

>opens 3-gatsu thread
>half a dozen plebs misapplying a bunch of buzzwords as usual
10 years from now, we'll look back on this show as one of the most effective pleb filters of the decade.

I won't even bother to read the article, I just wanna say that 3-gatsu is a pretty damn good series and deserves all the the attention it could get.

>tfw torn between watching s2 week by week or waiting for it to finish and then marathon it in one week
What should I do, Sup Forums?

Akari is for sensei.

Marathon. The threads here are pretty lousy so there's little incentive to stay caught up. Enjoy it as one big piece of art, rather than a weekly distraction.

It does make you strong if you manage to gather the courage to fight back, but the autism never leaves.

>those brutal crunching and squishing sound effects when she's smashing their heads into lockers hard enough to leave dents in the metal

eh, if a girl in the same show can recover from her ribs being pulverized to literal dust and fragments in under a month then those tiny bullies were a-okay with absolutely no lasting injuries afterwards by the end of the school week

>Why don't nip kids just beat up their bullies and assert dominance over the class
They wouldn't be bullied in the first place it they actually thought about that. Bulies pick the emotionally weakest one, not physical.

>tfw no new volume translations in almost a year
>no new raws since May
What the hell happened?