Asuka and Kaworu are the new main characters of Evangelion

The other characters are in the back and don't matter

I hate mari and her stupid face

What harem anime is this? Seems right for the sexually frustrated teenager I am. Got lots of chuuni appeal too I can tell from the key-art alone!

Reminder that Shin Godzilla is the third timeline after Rebuilds that Shinji turns into Godzilla after instrumentality.

Pic related, it's Shinji

Only an alpha chad like Kaworu can truly satisfy Asuka's sex drive, sorry Shinji.

Don't worry, Shinji will just be another part of Kaworu's ever-growing harem.

Rebuild's branding as a high-flying 'action' product is fucking nasty.
No one cared about NGE because of the robot fights, we cared because of the complex characters. The ones that were flattened into aesthete set pieces in Rebuild. I won't forgive Anno ever.

Japan only cared because of the robot fights and Rebuild merch sells like hotcakes.
They don't care for your opinion.

>Japan only cared because of the robot fights
You don't know what you're talking about.

Yes I do.

Japan only cared because of the robot fights and cute girls + cute boy.
They couldn't care less about character complexity.

You don't know what you're talking about either.

Yes I do.

I don't check Sup Forums for 2 fucking days and new eva shit comes out. Was there already a thread on this or what?

I haven't met a single person who doesn't think the Rebuild versions of the Ramiel and Sahaquiel fights are vastly improved over their TV counterparts. Throw in some great OST like Fate, and I definitely start to wish Rebuild had more substance overall to compliment the better looking battles.

Japs don't care about substance

At least the fights are pretty then. Most of them at least - except for some really ugly ass ones in 3.0.

They are definitely grooming Kaworu to be the new MC, honestly I don't really care who is the MC is and if they make him cool that's all I want. I like cool MC's.

Hard to be the MC when your head's all 'asploded

They've been treating Kaworu like the MC for the past 10 years.
I bet the new spinoff will be chadworu fucking all the Eva girl waifus.

He'll just revive from the coffin again, man.

Kaworu doesn't have another coffin, he's dead.

He's got like 7 more bro, that's why he said he's coming back at the end of 3.0

That's not extra Kaworus, that's the rest of the angels.
You're really slow.

>that's the rest of the angels
That would make literally no sense.
Tabgha is the name of the place where Jesus resurrected, it's Kaworu's different loops.

Hey dude, Asuka and Shinji end up together in Rebuild's finale, just like they did in EoE's finale.

Go ahead and screencap this post and cry to it on release day when I turn out to be correct.

But user, Shinji is Kaworu
So unless you're part of the LAK master race, I'd say you're to be sourly disappointed. Just like you were with EoE.

He's immortal, he can keep respawning.

Asuka is a side girl, she's destined to lose. Kaworu one of the main characters now, he will win the Shinji bowl.

OK. Just do me a favor and remember my post when 3.0+1.0 is released.

Just like how I remembered your tears when 3.0 released. Pic related.

Kaworu won the Shinjibowl in the Anime and the Manga, it's only natural he'd win it in Rebuild too.

Especially now considering Anno betrayed us all and married a fujoshit.

Anno's married his mom, like he was always destined to do.

He married a fujoshi.
She drew a doujinshi of Kaworu and Shinji fucking in the 90s.

Shinji only ever falls in love with Kaworu, Asuka is just food so he doesn't starve

Of course Shinji and Mari matter. They're Kaworu and Asuka's respective fuck buddies.

Pic related literally exists just so Asuka wouldn't be forever alone.

Where did it all go so wrong?

The original OST of NGE was miles better than the abortion of a soundtrack Sagisu shit out for the rebuilds. Aside from a few pieces, just compare crap like 3.33's Ultimate Soldier to EoE's Munashiki Nagare.
NGE+EoE's OST actually set an atmosphere.
The Rebuilds' music fit the movies perfectly: it's stylish but bland as fuck. They could've just hired Sawano if they wanted an action soundtrack, at least he'd have done something else than modern Shiro 'dude guitar riffs and choirs lmao' Sagisu

This. The rebuild osts are like soundtracks for a game. Very polished but nothing going on beyond the surface.
The originals were part of the atmosphere, not something added later to improve it. Two times zero is, well, zero.

How is it harem if literally everyone but misato hated MC

I thought 3.0's soundtrack was absolute earsex, I listen to it all the time. But I thought the way it was just pushed into the movie randomly was retarded.

I didn't say it sounded bad, I said it felt empty and dull compared to the work that was done for the series. It has no real personality, which makes sense because the Rebuilds themselves don't either.

>Japan only cared because of the robot fights

>— Indeed, when articles were published in the anime magazines on the changed design of Unit-02, I wondered what was going on, not seeing much of a response, but as soon as Asuka’s name change was announced there was an enormous reaction.
>Anno: I would imagine so, as the majority of the fans are focused on the characters rather than the mecha.