GioGio

What could've been done to make Giorno a better character? He's admittedly the black sheep in the entire story.

Part 5 never

The Ending needs to be fixed, really.
And the transition from Part 4 to Part 5 is also need to be fixed.

This is maybe why Vento Aureo Anime took so long to be announced.

Eh, he's fine for the most part, he basically works the same as Jotaro does, except it's conveyed more to us that Giorno is being observant of the situation when he pulls some stupid plan out of his ass.

And I mean, Golden Experiences' healing ability shit is really no different in terms of an asspull than Star Platinums "Star Finger" or sucking up Justice was, at least it makes some kind of logical sense considering his stands main ability.

Overall, it doesn't really matter IMO that he's quieter than the other characters in the group, since they're all very dynamic and Giorno shutting up gives us more time to see how these characters tick, while still allowing for Giorno to influence and interact with them. Maybe some more time could have been allotted to convey how introverted Giorno is meant to be, but eh, he's mostly fine to me.

>The Ending needs to be fixed, really.
Yeah it was a little abrupt. I hope they do something more than what they did with part 4 and give us a little ending.

>This is maybe why Vento Aureo Anime took so long to be announced.
Took? You mean still taking right?

i dont think theres any way to fix part 5. but its not really important to the overall story so there's no need to.

Maybe they'll give a little more time to straightening out the arrow nonsense in the final battle, but I think seeing the effect of King Crimson animated and explained with movement will make that whole scenario a lot less messy.

I'd also really love after story thing like they gave to part 4, maybe showing just a smidge more of Giorno/Mista/Trish/Polnareff after they defeated Diavolo instead of just giving us the one scene of Giorno being sworn in as the boss.

Focus more on his heritage. Why make him Dio's son if you are just going to drop that plot point in the first ten chapters? I would have loved to see Jotaro interacting and learning to trust Giorno, or what Giorno's reaction to learning about his father and the man that killed him. The most interesting aspect of his character and it's dropped. I feel like the only reason he's Dio's son is because Araki couldn't figure out how to fit him into the family tree otherwise.

Really? Your problem with this part of Jojo is that there isn't enough Jotaro?

Fair enough, but what about Polnareff? He could fill that role well enough, if he didn't get Turtled so quickly. I just wanted Gio being Dio's son to come up and tension over that to be a thing. Hell, having Giorno show back up in part 6 would have been nice, son of Dio, daughter of Dio's killer, it could have worked!

It's just, I actually think I like Giorno less because he's Dio's son and its never brought up than if he was connected to the tree by some other means.

Oh in general I agree with your point that his relation to dio is wasted and never really important.
I just thought it was funny to suggest putting Jotaro more into focus. As if he isn't in enough parts of Jojo already.

I think the whole aspect of him being Dio's son was wrapped up pretty well on a direct level by Koichi's shpiel about Giorno having the golden spirit or whatever that Jotaro and Josuke had. and on a sub-level, it's still conveyed well enough through Giorno's intelligence and sometimes ruthlessness during fights.

> Jotaro interacting

Eh, I'm honestly glad that Jotaro isn't really in the story, it already felt like he was pushing in on Josuke's turf by the end of part 4, if he was in part 5 as well it would introduce a whole lot more complications, mainly that in part 5 Starplat would either be almost useless or way too OP, it's general punching ability isn't really useful since most of the stands have the users be ranged/hidden away while using them, while the time stop is TOO powerful in terms of being able to get closer to enemy stand users/their weak spots without actually having to work for it.

Still, I would have liked Giorno to learn about this and at least some tension that the son of the major villain of Jojo being teamed up with people who had friends killed because of him.

Jotaro contacting Polnareff offscreen about Giorno and Polnareff having issues when he showed up to claim the arrow and Girono having to prove himself to Polnareff seems like a no brainer and it just hurts that its completely dropped.

Maybe Giorno having to prove himself to Polnareff, but having Jotaro involved anywhere past the point of King Crimson first being shown just seems like it'd ruin the story since if Jotaro found out about the arrow or the situation with Diavolo he'd call in the SPW and Giorno's group would end up much less isolated and self reliant, which would kind of ruin the tension.

* Plus, again, I think having a break from Jotaro is good, he's more directly involved with the characters/story in part 6, so him being there doesn't feel intrusive, but if he was in part 5 any more than he already was I'd think it'd just feel like he's butting in when he shouldn't.

I just said Jotaro can not show up and it still work, just with Polnareff. Just have Jotaro contact him offscreen and be unable to get to Italy in time once Diavalo makes his move. It's already stupid that Polnareff contacted Giorno over Jotaro anyway

> It's already stupid that Polnareff contacted Giorno over Jotaro anyway

Isn't that because he didn't want to let Diavolo learn that he was alive at any cost?

I'm pretty sure he even mentions at one point that if he tried to contact the SPW that Passione would find out and track him down, he's basically been in hiding this whole time.

* And, again, I just don't think Jotaro is necessary anyway, even if it's not directly talking to Giorno, it'd still feel like he's butting in on a story that isn't his, part 5 is meant to feel really isolating after a certain point since Passione has basically all of italy under surveillance somehow.

How? How would they know? How would they get to him before Jotaro? Why can't he just go to Japan? He obviously can move around, he managed to get to Rome and into the Colosseum just fine. Why didn't Jotaro investigate once Polnareff went off the radar?
I'm just saying Jotaro contacts Polnareff OFFSCREEN, as in hes not in the story any more than he is already. If you are going for isolated, why make Giorno's heritage so important to the story as a whole. Dio having sons is big

> How? How would they know?

Passione members are basically conveyed to have fucking future vision by how closely they're able to follow the main group, as it is, I'm honestly not really surprised that they'd be able to track down Polnareff if he tried to make a move. It's not explained how, but Passione is definitely conveyed as being that capable.

> I'm just saying Jotaro contacts Polnareff OFFSCREEN
Eh, at that point it feels kind of useless, and again, since Polnareff is in hiding/moving around, I doubt Jotaro would be able to get in contact with him anyway.

> Why make Giorno's heritage so important

It's really not, at least not past the first part with Koichi, like I said, the main aspect of Giorno's heritage is wrapped up right after the fight against Black Sabbath, Koichi makes the whole golden spirit observation and that's that. The only other aspects of it that we see through the story is the Muda's and Giorno's general personality being conveyed as a mix of Dio's intelligence/charisma/ruthlessness + Jonathan's sense of justice/kindness.

I wish part 5 went deeper into the mafia stuff. I guess Araki couldn't do it in a shounen magazine though.

> Araki couldn't do it in a shonen magazine though

What do you mean specifically? Just that kind of mafia story or in terms of how dark it would be? Just cause considering we see a guy get sliced up into slices and put between glass makes me think the latter wouldn't really be a problem.

Though, as it is, it's probably for the best, Passione doesn't really work on a logical level unless you imagine that they basically run all of italy and that every second person on the street is a member or informant of some kind, considering how insanely well they can keep up with the gangs mission despite being thrown off the trail several times + how basically every character comments on how far reaching and powerful they are.

I just mean a mafia story. Part 5 felt more like a watered down battle shounen version of one.