Why can't Japan do pizza properly?

Why can't Japan do pizza properly?

>pizza must be done one way or else

Quality cheese is at a premium in Japan, but readily available in north america and europe.

Can't wait for the le epic jokes about pineapple pizza.

>Tossing pasta on a pizza is okay
Sure, I'd your fucking 5 years old or something.

japan doesnt do pineapple on pizza
i've heard rumors of something even worse though -- mayonnaise

As long as they don't put pineapple on it, it's fine

there is a certain code of what you can put in a pizza, you can´t just put whatever you want in it, and shrimp is one of those things you can´t put in them, it ruins the consistency and clashes with the rest of the ingredients, pasta is redundant since the base already provides the carbs, so yeah, pizza must be done in a certain way to be a proper pizza

>getting upset over how other people enjoy their pizza
>calls others 5 years old

>there is a certain code of what you can put in a pizza
wrong

Mayo on pizza is delicious. Just try it sometime.

having pizza with mayo is common as fuck in a lot of countries

i'll ask an italian guy if pasta is suppose to be on pizza thank you very much

Pasta on pizza is plenty retarded, but you're not far off, yourself.

Have you been in Japan? Their pizza is fucking awful and the prices are sky high. They just suck at making non-jap food.

go ahead and call this a proper pizza, i dare you

Anything edible will still be edible when you mash it with a ton of other edible things.
That doesn't even remotely mean it will taste good.

It's like making spaghetti bolognese and then topping them with salmon, dried fruits and adding sprinkles on top.

That's a proper pizza

I did
He said to put on whatever the fuck I like as long as its 3 toppings maximum

It can be as anything else.

You know what? I can see the tanginess of the sauce working well with the sweetness of the banana.

/ck/ please go

Is he a chef? Does he actually specialize in pizza? I'll ask Vito Iocopelli, thank you very much.

What about quattro stagioni?

>tfw putting two slices together and eating it like a sandwich

Some things just don't mix. Pasta and fruit have no place on a pizza. Hell, I'm Italian and outside of pizza places in highly touristy places Hawaiian pizza is not even in the menu most times.

italians didn't make pizza. tomatoes are from america originally, not italy.

a good pizza only has ingredients that are readily avaliable in rural Italy and don´t use other dishes as toppings

Why do americans hate mayo?

>fruit have no place in pizza
>tomato

Except pizza was invented in Italy, Naples specifically, using the kind of tomatoes we eat to this day and not the small yellow ones that were the initial strain imported from the Americas
>Tomato is a fruit
FDA pls go

I also learned that cucumber is actually a melon.

>why can't america do sushi correctly

Culinarily it's a vegetable, unless we want to get into the technicality where pumpkins and peas in a pod are also fruits, even though no one treats them as such.

>cucumber is actually a melon
True. To be exact, cucumber, melon, watermelon, zucchini and pumpkin are all the same family

There is 1 rule in cooking
If you enjoy to eat it then its good
everything else are guidelines

Cu/ck/s off my board.

that´s a retarded argument, potatos are also american, does that make russian salad peruvian

Banana on pizza is god tier. Right up there with eggs.

Why does any of that matter? Do you think it's wrong to make a sandwich with anything that wasn't available in 18th century Kent?

Pizza was also considered as poverty food and was only good for working peasants and only had toppings that were considered as rejects by affluent people.

If you're into "true pizza" you'd be eating ones made out of low grade flour and offals

Real pizza looks like this

do americans really eat this?

Culinary definition is dumb.
>its savory instead of sweet, it must be vegetable

it's the whitest condiment, therefore the worst

I wouldn't be so sure. People are capable of eating and enjoying (once they are used to it) some really disgusting shit.

chicagoans are subhuman so they don't qualify as americans

Who likes that shit?

no
just people from Chicago

Did she not cook the chicken?

i prefer Uno's deep dish pizza, with the cheese on top like normal. the best.

Misconception. The Pizza Margherita (what you would call cheese pizza) was created for a queen, and named after her. Do you think the queen's personal chef would have served her something only good for peasants?
Chicago deep dish is pretty popular apparently

It's a fucking trap.
>Quiche (pizza).

This is pizza.

is that creme fraiche?

gratin pizza is nice. carbonara pizza is god tier, especially if it comes with an egg in the center to spill the yolk all over.

Yes.
It's a plate of ketchup, microwaved mac'n'cheese dinner and unheated (presumably because she doesn't know how to use an oven) pre-made frozen chicken thighs.

YUM.

Same reason they can't get most western dishes - they come from a different culinary branch natively and their cuisine isn't nearly as varied as Chinese is, for example. Let's not even go into Japan's versions of western desserts.

Because like everything else, America takes shit and spins it into gold. Or did you think Neapolitan flatbread is somehow superior to American pizza?

It's mayonnaise.

is that basically two slices of pizza on top of each other with the bottom have filled with cheese?

>he doesn't know that ham & pineapple pizzas are the standard, basic pizza in Australia
You can keep your floppy American salami & cheese bread.

american pizza is flappy as disgusting shit instead of being perfectly crunchy

This. Why is American pizza floppy?

>Vegetarian

Doesn't matter, you'll still get diabetes from eating that shit

So you can fold it you fucking savage

how widespread is usage of wood ovens in the us?

>american pizza