Older Generations why do you think Millennials were so influenced by Participation trophies?

Our parents told us they were bullshit and not real. They were just some random piece of metal.

Why do you assume it influenced us so much?

it feels good to "win" even if you aren't really winning. So they kept doing it cause people liked it.

It was boomer faggots handing out these trophies to begin with. Boomers btfo.

Because you legitimately suck. Then act as if you were just being yourself and took a creative in your approach.
Translation:
I asked you to do a job and you turned it into crap.

But it doesn't feel like winning. It just feels random.

I don't see how this has anything to do with trophies.

I don't understand how people of my generation got low self esteem after getting them and more awareness they sucked. It just felt random to me. It made me realize most things done were stupid and purposeless.

Life is not based on trophies. It is cause and effect that make up alot. A person who thinks thier subpar effects which were made by subpar causes are worth something is blasphemous to nature and true human strength.

Life just randomly happens to you. Then you react to it based on the chemicals in your brain.

Life is not random in the sense of personal actions. You don't randomly not drink antifreeze for breakfast.

No but the world randomly happens to you. I just feel forced to be born in the era I was and now people my age want to force me to think the same things. Everything in life is just forced on you and I hate it.

It’s the parents. We would compete and some would win and most would lose. There are always the ones that are too fat or too stupid to ever win so they cried, just like every kid before them. The only difference was dear old mom and dad, who could normally provide everything to thier loser kid, could not give the kid a win. So they did the next best thing.

This is actually backwards. All the kids my age knew who won and treated winners like winners. It wasn't about giving kids a reward for struggling, it was about making the winners know that struggling wouldn't get them anywhere even if they won. It was to demoralize the winners. It wasn't to help the losers.

They gave awards to kids who stopped hitting their classmates for the same reason. It's to demoralize the moral.

>asking boomers for their opinions

Welcome to survival. Human just like animals in nature are always in a struggle for resources and safety. Groups are always better off then lone humans unless they have a specific goal but diffrent from the collective. Don't expect a collective to uphold your personal views. That is stupid and will cause strife. That's why true leaders are few and far between. Not everyone hold everyone's views and aspirations.

I was treated specially for existing and treated horribly for existing at the same time. The moral of the story for me was only care about what you think. The others are either stupid and misguided or malicious.

The collective wants to force me to have their views. All because I was magically born in the same era.

No you owe the collective that made you into the complacent cry baby who is what 30?

Why should I owe the same collective who treated me like garbage? There's no real reason not to care about myself above the group. Not because I'm "special" but because I only exist as myself.

And why should I care about contributing to a world I hate?

It could become the world you don't.

I'm completely outnumbered.

I'll take them odds.

Grow the fuck up and be a man

I grew up poor in a meth addled trailer park so I didn't get to do sports.
Even if had however, I doubt it would have had any particular effect on me.
People overestimate how much trivial shit like this matters.

People are going to judge me badly no matter what. They will say these partciopation trophy insults until I die. I might as well fuck people's lives over if they think I'm that soft just to prove myself.

What about sports with neighbors?

The neighbors our mother prevented us from being around because their parents did meth all day?
Nope.
Closest I got to sports as a child was a contest with my brother to eat the most ants.
I won, but we didn't have trophies.

Why is the blame always portioned on the kids who receive "participation trophies" and not on the adults who have every part of the power in handing them out? I think everyone wants to blame millenials for everything because of the secret truth: that everyone failed in raising them properly and ended up with a bunch of whiny brats who are acting the way they are because of how everyone fucked them over when they were kids.

I don't get that either. The same adults who kept giving them out get none of the blame. It's such bullshit.