Finally watched Gurren Lagann. Was hype as fuck seeing all the praise

Finally watched Gurren Lagann. Was hype as fuck seeing all the praise.
Is this Sup Forums‘s biggest troll? Is this one of those joke animes like Boku no Pico? I mean, holy shit, that was fucking awful.
>LE EBIN BOIS ADVENTURE XD
>over the top animation, jumpy with no focus
>story riddled with plotholes
>emotional virtue signaling to compensate lack of good story
>round, ugly next designs
>underage tits for a good rating
>only character who isn’t insufferable fucking dies

Also
>awful mech

Gurren Lagann is a show genetically engineered to appeal to MALspawn Sup Forumsedditors with no sense of sophistication who laud meme dialog, which supports upvote groupthink mentality and meme voice-acting with a good movie pandering reddit tier post-capeshit "entertainment" sensibilities and a meme aesthetic. TTGL is a meme at best and is rightfully deemed as pleb trash every time it gets brought up on /m/.

ROW ROW FIGHT TEH POWA

>sights nothing direct expect for statements that could be applied to any series without notice
Ok

But every anime isn’t this bad, user-kun

I am 2 episodes in and I can already tell it's gonna be a pain to go through this. I still want to experience it with no preconceptions though, it's just that the first episodes have already kind of soured me.
>Average TTGLfag can't tell the difference between 'except' and 'expect'
Fantastic.

Your lives are sad.

you're a decade late you contrarian cunt, go troll elsewhere

>emotional virtue signaling
It's called pathos you underage meme-spouting cretin.

Is this pasta ??

It’s just like Sup Forums, the bottom of the barrel anime gets passed around like a hooker between likeminded autists. People who enjoy Gurren Lagann are the same people who go on to watch Steven Universe.

You ironic weebs need to go back to whatever shithole social media site you crawled out from.

at least you liked Kamina, so your taste isn't all that bad

>Comparing GL to SU
you disgust me

Why? They’re essentially the same thing. Some beta faggot and his gang of overpowered thots set out to do absolutely nothing.

>he doesn't know how to have fun
get a load of this faggot

>he believes that only his way of having fun is correct
>he believes there's only one form of 'fun'
Get a load of this faggot.

Stop not liking what I like! :(

>he believes that only his way of having fun is correct
Get a load of this faggot

Would you Tell me which shows do you like to watch?

That's not what I said in the least bit, you retard. I just meant to dispute the idea that disliking TTGL is disliking fun because it's asinine.

“I’m butthurt tell me what you like so I can dunk on it because I’m not comfortable with you berating my favorite anime”

Are you even having any fun, user?

What are your favourite aneems?

This was widely enjoyed when it aired (myself included), so why the disdain a decade later?

I am having loads of fun, just not with shitty anime. You should try it too!

Then what anime did you have fun watching?

A decade ago people used to post XD, lolz, ZOMG, and epic.
Randumb fags like this are now on Reddit. The Sup Forums user base grew up.

They want the punches on their internet cool kid cards.

Well then, problem solved.

I feel put it brilliantly. I would have used greentext here, as I feel that he's quoting the user by unveiling the true intentions behind his post, but professional memers would have most likely asked 'Who are you quoting?' regardless.

Well, no matter the formatting, I pretty much share the sentiments of this user.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You're literally saying old people moved over to Reddit and were replaed by a newer influx of users.

GTFO here ya underage faggot

Because I’m not 11 anymore? I mean it was okay back when I liked Naruto and Bleach. But people typically mature and their tastes change as well.

Not op but i couldnt finish the series either. Mecha designs are awful, and i dont care for the overall art of the series either. I dropped it 7 or 8 episodes in. Then again i loved groove adventure rave so what do i know

Why answer so defensely to my question? In fact, you didn't even answer - Are you really THAT affraid of telling us your tastes? Unless it's MLP or Barney shit, why don't you just be upfront about it so we can have an actual discussion that goes beyond "STOP DISLIKING WHAT I LIKE" memes? I mean, so far you've had a negative impact on the whole board and even deserve a thread pruning by a janitor : Nothing you've put forward was genuine or in the interest of discussion.

Are you new to anime and Sup Forums?

Your typing is atrocious, please kill yourself you subhuman fuck.

>virtue signaling
What did he mean by this?

All this projection tells everyone else is you're a sad little fuck who's too insecure to tell anyone else what he likes for fear of criticism.

Let me guess, you like Hello Kitty island or some shit? Why else would you be so defensive unless you're such a literal BETA that mean words scare you on an ANONIMOUS forum?

Let's put aside for a second the fact that telling someone that they dislike fun is probably the highest form of shitposting. If you look for someone shitposting, just look at the TTGL fans in this thread.
-They're not capable of accepting that someone doesn't like their anime, so they call them contrarians
-Unable to respond to the OP's accusation, they ask him what he liked in a poor attempt at shifting the goalposts.
-Overall type in an atrocious manner

I never asked anyone to stop disliking what I like, nor the vice-versa. In fact, your entire post looks like you're addressing yourself rather than me.

>Creates a thread attacking some animu
>Literally refuses to let anyone else know, based on his history, why this animu is not for him
>Too insecure to be attacked on his own tastes
>Chooses to attack other people instead
>Nothing but shitposting all thread long

Mate, your entire thread is nothing but shitpost - mainly because of you.

If you're too defensive about discussing your interests, why even bring them out in the first place? - If you're going to be a huge cunt about it, what's the point?

Unironic question: Do you even have friends at school? I don't mean people you know, I mean people you actually get along with that wouldn't drop your ass on first chance.

Also, you seem to be mistaking me for someone else entirely. Newsflash : plenty of different people browse this board.

Exactly , it's over hyped garbage.
MUH SPIRITUAL PAWA

This

>types horribly
>attempts to shitft the goalpost
>Ignores the point brought up by the OP

It looks to me like you fit the bill alright, though.

Die you human waste

EVA
TTGL
LAIN
these are meme shows, don't watch any of them

Yeah I can't believe they did that to Kittan.

Kek

>reading spoilers and reviews means you watched the show
Oh boy.

>literally almost every anime plot
You are such a genious mate

whatever. Keep being a high maintenance bitch for all I care. Let's see how many friends that brings you IRL :)

TTGLfags are even more cancerous than BNHfags.
BRAVO

Genius*

I liked it
and I still like it 10 years later

>emoticons
>reddit spacing
>constant attempts at shifting the goalposts
>Horrible spelling
>N-no u
Who let this cancer into Sup Forums ?

Honestly this.

Why can't we criticize old anime?

:)

>People who enjoy Gurren Lagann are the same people who go on to watch Steven Universe.
Gurren Lagann is good though and gets men rock hard due to its machismo.

same, i dont get the hate

It's literally just a single autist bombing his own thread to shit. report and move on

Quite. It speaks to a man's soul. In life you keep growing til you are capable of achieving your dreams, giving a good hearty laugh in the face of trouble and in things out of your control.

almost everyone fucking dies. The few who don't are denied happiness, even tits mcgee.

The show peaked with kamina death, it's all downhill from there

OP here, since you faggots keep asking.
>durr you didn’t even wabtch it!
Anything I say to prove I did watch it is something that can be easily Googled anyways, so not arguing this.
>discuss why you didn’t like it faget
It fell flat. It’s a story you see over and over, the typical “underdog vs mega super badass” with mecha inserts to appeal to shonenfags, tits to appeal to harembois and hawt boiz to appeal to fujoshi. 60% of the story is filler under the guise of banter. The mecha designs were remniscent of new age Transformers cartoons. There wasn’t anything unique to pull it out of the sameplot rut that most face value shonen shows have. It was easy to watch because it had bright and simple designs and colors, but that’s where the line is drawn. The main trio is just your average pandering animu variety.
I didn’t make this thread for keks, I’m just aghast that this show has such a high rating. It’s not inherently bad, it’s better than most trash that comes out on a seasonal basis, but this absolutely does not deserve a fraction of the praise it got in US at least.

I'm not OP but I dislike it too, guess that more than one

>cringe

there is in fact several people in this thread, but some people just can't deal with the fact that a person dislikes their favorite show, let alone more than one.

>Trying to discuss with TTGLfags
Just give up OP, the will just keep screeching

>showing tits means pandering to "haremfags"
>more than 2 guys in a show means fujoshit
>all those buzzwords
I bet you're a dubcuck too
It's so easy to tell you probably come from facebook

No matter how hard you whiteknight, you’ll never get Kamina’s cummies.

Welcome to Sup Forums
But indeed, TTGLfags are more insufferable than others

>unironically liked TTGL
>calls OP the Facebook user
Get a load of this guy.

>buzzwords
That's a buzzword

I am starting to believe it's a trait shared by the Imaishi fanbase at large.

Gonna have to get more specific than that son. You just described Code Geass to a tee

I have no problem with people disliking the show, just as long as it's a woman or a boy who hasn't hit puberty yet.

Being THIS autistic

And? We're in Sup Forums, autism reigns supreme here apparently

Is this Reddit Spacing's final form?

>You just described Code Geass
Not OP, But what does that mean?
You mean that code Geass is untouchable masterpiece or something?

In what part of my post says I liked TTGL?

The part where you got so butthurt you felt inclined to say something as retarded as you did.

Megas XLR was better.

I guess it is, whatever that means.

Code Geass is a starter anime, just like TTGL, AoT, DBZ, etc.
Whether it's amazing or not is always going to be up for debate because contrarians and nostalgiafags can't even agree on what even makes an anime a good one, let alone an amazing one.
I just know that TTGL lights a fire in my loins and I either need to fight or fuck something for a release. No other anime has come close other than Hajime no Ippo

>it's a "OP bitch slap all TTGLfags" episode
Well done OP, this is the first time I see how butthurt and insecure TTGLfags are

You didn't prove my first points wrong though, OP.
You just jumped to the facebooker adhominem and ignored everything else.
If you're gonna shitpost a show at least shitpost it with logical reasons

>finished TTGL for the 13th time this year
>blood pressure rising, must fuck fast
>pulls out onahole and grabs Yoko daki from the bed
>Dorito fingers smudge her face and tits but it's okay, she's a dirty whore anyways
>after M'lady and I fornicate, I kick my Simon pillow in the nuts to assert dominance

>some people just can't deal with the fact that a person dislikes their favorite show
Notice the subtle difference between "I didn't like TTGL" and
>Is this Sup Forums‘s biggest troll? Is this one of those joke animes like Boku no Pico? I mean, holy shit, that was fucking awful.
Post stupid shit, get stupid responses.
>I didn’t make this thread for keks, I’m just aghast that this show has such a high rating. It’s not inherently bad, it’s better than most trash
Sure, it's not like you started by calling it fucking awful or something.

You cant handle bad words, user?
>>/tumblr/

that made me laugh way more than it should have.

Don't knock it till you try it son.

>TTGLfags are more insufferable than others
>it's a trait shared by the Imaishi fanbase at large.
I'm not surprised his autistic shows spawned equally autistic fans

:^)

Agreed. Getter Robo is shit though.

fuck you I liked TTGL's dub

>tfw Gurren Lagann is literally too deep for some people
Feels good.

It's just a le epic troll, man. The show still gets its fair share of praise threads nowadays. More of those than these negative threads, that's for sure.

Yeah, it's 3deep5me XD