Urusei Yatsura vs Ranma

Which was better?

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/qvglal.flac
a.pomf.cat/ltkrtt.flac
a.pomf.cat/grzbiy.flac
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can't we simply say they're both 10/10 and just close this thread ?

/thread

everyone go home

Because that's blatantly wrong you retard?

I feel the Urusei Yatsura anime beats the manga, while it's the opposite for Ranma. Despite some good exclusive episodes of Ranma's anime, the animation quality and multiple dull filler plots makes for a blander overall experience. UY's anime took most of the series into bonkers levels of plot, though.

Urusei Yatsura Manga > Urusei Yatsura Anime for 90% of the adapted manga chapters.

They're both good in their own right, but Maison Ikkoku is her best work.

That anime was Misunderstandings:The animation before Gamers! Also Kyouko was a bitch.
I agree though.

Akane is always awful all the time, period.

It has to me a pretty much perfect balance of drama and comedy, and I think it's a shame that Takahashi didn't feel like doing down-to-earth stuff, especially since I really don't care for Inuyasha and Rinne.
Maison Ikkoku and One Pound Gospel show that she could have.

Ranma has more fanfics in the West and UY was more a Japan thing.

So Ranma.

What the fuck is up with Ranma and Sailor Moon? Why is this a thing, Im honestly curious.

Nobody cares what worthless beaners like you think.

The only Ranma stuff worth watching is the OVAs, they are fucking amazing.

The anime drops off rapidly when it runs out of source material. But even the manga goes way too long and nothing every really gets resolved or concludes, it's the same shit over and over and over again.

UY overall is better, but Maison Ikkoku is absolutely Takahashi's best.

Read something good, like Maison Ikkoku.

>but Maison Ikkoku is absolutely Takahashi's best.
Except for Yotsuya, Akemi and Ichinose.

>tripfag is an idiot
What a surprise.

Lum was cuter

lum is the cutest

Why did the Urusei Yatsura anime do everything out of order?
Ten was introduced at like chapter 40 in the manga, but episode 2 in the anime. Also, Lum enrolled in Ataru's school way earlier in the manga, whereas in the anime, she just randomly hangs around for like 30 episodes.

Fanfiction is probably the worst way you could judge a series.

Kyouko was indeed a bitch. Ruined the whole thing for me.

Akane was a fucking cunt that went beyond tsundere.
Yeah, she can be kind and sympathetic, but 70% of the time she is just a moody bitch and once you marry her will drive you insane and suck the joy and life out of you.

Ukyo was best girl. Anyone saying otherwise never had a gf.

Tough to say.

I'd say Ranma takes it if it's Manga vs Manga, and Urusei Yatsura takes it if it's Anime vs Anime. Outside the OVAs and maybe the movies, the Ranma 1/2 anime in general had a lot of pacing and plot problems, especially towards the end when they decided to switch to more one-off filler episodes than focusing on bigger arc villains like Herb, Saffron, etc.

Way back when fanfiction was first starting to explode online, Ranma and Sailor Moon were two of the biggest long-running shows and both took place in Tokyo, making crossovers easy to facilitate without having to fuck with the setting.

Akane is a much bigger cunt in the anime versus the manga, and manga Ukyou ups the bitchiness (including bombing Ranma's wedding and contributing to him losing his last shot of the cure to his curse). If someone prefers Akane to Ukyou, it's because they read the manga instead of watching the anime.

The order of stuff like that was pretty arbitrary to what UY was trying to accomplish.

I don't think you know what arbitrary means.

Great argument.

Argument? I'm highlighting that you don't understand what a word means you moron.

The order of stuff like that was pretty irrelevant to what UY was trying to accomplish.

How does Sup Forums feel about Benten?

What are you talking about you fucking idiot?
Benten, Oyuki, and Ran episodes were always my favorite.

>female mangaka creates most attractive female characters
How is this allowed?

>Oyuki's neck
Be advised

Ten was added early because they wanted a mascot character.

I don't get why they delay Lum joining the school though.

That episode was QUALITY

Also, other stories are delayed during Oshii's run and only executed when the 2nd staff takes over because he wanted to keep Ataru as the center of the show and generally avoided stories focused on other characters (or added Ataru filler to the few non-Ataru stories he adapted).

Could Lum knockout Ranma?

Her boobs are too big.

I'd imagine he wanted to get the Ataru stuff in because he wasn't sure if they'd get the chance to run for 195 episodes + movies and OVAs. Ataru was the best character, so you'd want to make sure you got his best stuff in.

First fight? Of course. Ranma always fucks around and loses his first fight. He's a bigger god-damned jobber than Wolverine. Hell, his own fucking rival jobs him constantly.

benten is great

Urusei Yatsura is miles better.
Ranma is good at times, but has too many shitty episodes and the anime doesn't even have a satisfactory conclusion.

im 70 something episodes into the series and have seen the Only You movie so far

most westerners and mexicans grew up with ranma

so ranma > urusei yatsura

Here's a viewing order someone posted a while ago, it's what I used

>PROPER AIRING ORDER-- For all those who like the series as much as I do,
>October 14, 1981: Episode 1 (First Anime Episode)
>After EP. 58 - February 13, 1983: Only You (Movie 1)
>After EP. 99 - February 11, 1984: Beautiful Dreamer (Movie 2)
>After EP. 140 - January 26, 1985: Remember My love (Movie 3)
>After EP. 174 - September 24, 1985: Tea Party (OVA 1)
>After EP. 191 - February 22, 1986: Lum the Forever (Movie 4)
>March 19, 1986: Episode 195 (Last Anime Episode)
>September 15, 1986: Memorial Album (OVA 2)
>July 18, 1987: Inaba the Dreammaker (OVA 3)
>February 6, 1988: The Final Chapter (Movie 5)
>August 8, 1988: Raging Sherbet (OVA 4)
>August 8, 1988: Nagisa's Fiance (OVA 5)
>April 4, 1989: Electric Household Guard (OVA 6)
>April 4, 1989: I howl at the Moon (OVA 7)
>July 22, 1989: Goat and Cheese (OVA 8)
>July 22, 1989: Catch the heart (OVA 9)
>June 21, 1991: Terror of Girly-Eyes (OVA 10)
>June 21, 1991: Date with a spirit (OVA 11)
>August 18, 1991: Always, my Darling (Movie 6)
>December 23, 2008: Obstacle course swim meet (OVA 12)

Urusei Yatsura is by far the comfiest anime ever made. You can watch any episode at any given time and have a fun time watching it. Everything from the music, the characters, the art & animation style, the voice acting is the raw epitome of comfy.

a.pomf.cat/qvglal.flac

a.pomf.cat/ltkrtt.flac

a.pomf.cat/grzbiy.flac

That's release order, which is ok.

I'd recommend watching Movie 2(Beautiful Dreamer) after episode 106 because Oshii and half the staff at the time considered it their farewell to the series.
I'd also recommend watching Movie 5 last because it's the ending. Maybe third last, only to Movie 6 and OVA 12.

grating comfy meme aside this man is 100% right

thank you i will do these

the only things i don't like about urusei yatsura are when lum gets hurt and depressed, or the fact that its so good it makes me nostalgic for a kind of whimsical time or life that i'll never have

Forgot to mention, if your batch counts the EPs up to 218 instead of 195 (the first season looks like 001&002, 003&004, etc) then add 23 to each EP number

I think I had this order saved too

>Start with episodes 1-58
>Then, movie 1, Only You
>59-106
>Movie 2, Beuatiful Dreamer
>106-140
>Movie 3, Remember My love
>141 - 174
>OVA 1
>175 - 195
>Movie 4, Lum the Forever
>OVA 2 - 11
>Movie 6, Always, my Darling
>OVA 12
>Movie 5, The Final Chapter

If Shampoo had been the main girl in Ranma, it would have beaten urusei. Sadly, Akane drags it down to second place.

Also, Ranma's manga finale is really good.

thanks again

Nah. The anime team made a lot of the manga chapters better, for example the beauty contest.

i wish i was lum's darling

They also made many of them worse, like adding Ten to all the episodes he wasn't meant to be in.

Really?

I can deal with that. Especially because we got a lot more of Lum stormtroopers, and Mendou stuff.

It'd be more surprising if you didn't want that.

There's a lot of stuff from the anime that you just associate UY though, like Mendo's army and the 4 storm troopers. Then there were the random creepy scenes like the subdimension city. It's just much more varied than the manga.

everytime

Lum is overrated.

The best characters in Urusei Yatsura are Ran, Ataru's Mother, Cherry and Megane.

Ranma anime is just basically everyone is a 2 dimensional trope, they seldom if every realize it, because of how everyone is nothing progresses or resolves, the best characters are shit on the most, all of them put aside differences to defeat the zany enemy of the week, repeat ad nauseum. Fucking thing sucks.

ataru's mom rules, her and benten are the best supporting girls

Would you?

hell yeah im ugly though