Hinduism General

>What is Hinduism?

Hinduism is the oldest organized religion in the world. It is the Sanatana Dharma, the Eternal Law. It has no known origin and no founders - it is a synthesis of various Indian cultures and practices from as early as 4000 BCE.
Hinduism differs from Christianity and other Abrahamic religions in that it does not have:

>A single concept of deity,

>A single holy text,

>A single system of morality,

>A central religious authority,

>The concept of a prophet.

Hinduism is neither polytheistic, monotheistic, trinitarian or henotheistic, yet it is all at the same time.

The development of Hinduism was influenced by many invasions over thousands of years. The major influences occurred when light-skinned, nomadic "Aryan" Indo-European tribes invaded Northern India (circa 1500 BCE) from the steppes of Russia and Central Asia. They brought with them their religion of Vedism. These beliefs mingled with the more advanced, indigenous Indian native beliefs, often called the "Indus valley culture."

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga
archive.org/stream/reneguenon/1921 - Introduction to the Study of the Hindu Doctrines #page/n3/mode/1up
bhagavad-gita.org/index-english.html
hinduwebsite.com/upanishadindex.asp
sacred-texts.com/hin/
google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/ramayana.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjy8Lm_5NjXAhXDvo8KHa1cAcsQFghMMA0&usg=AOvVaw2lqBBcB2jwkUOGaqLqzQJa
google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/mahabharata.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjZ247P5NjXAhWLtY8KHZsTAMIQFggLMAA&usg=AOvVaw3xZVGN2bgbJ_CZgBqvX-D1
youtu.be/rAM9x_GF9VY
youtube.com/watch?v=Y3-kuBvDzWU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indra#Buddhism
archive.org/details/RigvedaWww.aryamantavya.in
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>political significance of Hinduism
All the decadence of the world today has been predicted by Hinduism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga

Prophesied events during a Kali Yuga

>Rulers will become unreasonable: they will levy taxes unfairly.
>Rulers will no longer see it as their duty to promote spirituality, or to protect their subjects: they will become a danger to the world.
>People will start migrating, seeking countries where wheat and barley form the staple food source.
>At the end of Kali-yuga, when there exist no topics on the subject of God, even at the residences of so-called saints and respectable gentlemen of the three higher varnas [temperament] and when nothing is known of the techniques of sacrifice, even by word, at that time the Lord will appear as the supreme chastiser.

Kali Yuga with regard to human relationships

>Avarice and wrath will be common. Humans will openly display animosity towards each other. Ignorance of dharma will occur.
>People will have thoughts of murder with no justification and will see nothing wrong in that.
>Lust will be viewed as socially acceptable and sexual intercourse will be seen as the central requirement of life.
>Sin will increase exponentially, while virtue will fade and cease to flourish.
>People will take vows and break them soon after.
>People will become addicted to intoxicating drinks and drugs.
>Teachers will no longer be respected and their students will attempt to injure them. Their teachings will be insulted, and followers of Kama(lust) will wrest control of the mind from all human beings.

Resources

>Introduction for westerner

archive.org/stream/reneguenon/1921 - Introduction to the Study of the Hindu Doctrines #page/n3/mode/1up
>Bhagavad Gita

bhagavad-gita.org/index-english.html

>Upanishads

hinduwebsite.com/upanishadindex.asp

>Vedas

sacred-texts.com/hin/

>Ramayan

google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/ramayana.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjy8Lm_5NjXAhXDvo8KHa1cAcsQFghMMA0&usg=AOvVaw2lqBBcB2jwkUOGaqLqzQJa

>Mahabharata

google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/mahabharata.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjZ247P5NjXAhWLtY8KHZsTAMIQFggLMAA&usg=AOvVaw3xZVGN2bgbJ_CZgBqvX-D1
>Ramayan anime
youtu.be/rAM9x_GF9VY

>it has no know origin

uhhhh are u serious poo? Indo-aryans in the indus valley? What is vedic civiliaztion? What is the rig veda?

Rig veda is much older than the migration, and what is the known origin tell me about it cletus

Just wanted to say I appreciate these threads man. I am not very read on this religion yet but I respect it deeply and I hope that you are able to spread this wonderful spirituality on the board.

Hey little street shitter, im all for hinduism. I find it fascinating. the philosophy behind it is 10/10 so dont get all up in arms against me. Btw my names jimboo. Not cletus.

Id imagine the origin started around, maybe before indus valley time as there were tiles found with proto shiva on them in mojehdaro and statues displaying a mother type diety.

Also btw. why do you call it in invasion? Wasnt it proven they didnt kill people during their migration?

Also i thought the Rig veda was made by indo europeans?

How does diferent moral codes coexist?
If two people of diferent morality Clash, who does the gods benefit?
Are there inner frictions between diferentes gods followers?
I heard there we're cannivals in india, is that true?

Posting aesthetics.

Hello pajeet frens I just finished the Bhagavad Gita and I had some questions.

Why does Krishna admit the most heinous sinners to heaven if he concentrates on God after death?

How does the soul account for past deeds in the afterlife without a body?

What would Krishna say about people who hate god and seek to destroy his creation?

Thanks.

Id say do some research on Samsara, Brahma, Moksha and the karmatic cycle. Your soul isnt a soul as much as it is a "cosmic truth" thats forever ascending the levels of samsara until its released.

can anyone answer me?And also answer him? I am curious

Also from what i understand, God isnt really a god like it is in other religions. God is more of a universal truth and being. God is the creator of the world. He Disposed eternal atoms to form the world to provide conditions appropriate to each soul. Existence is known through cosmological and teleological arguments. The "self" remains in contact with manas even after release. It retains indivvidual identity. beyond pleasure, pain and knowledge which is result of entanglement in samsara.

I'm refer to it as a migration in the op and almost everywhere else, and as the vedas are thousands of years older than the Indus valley civilisation they were probably written down by the harrapans so it would be dishonest to say Hinduism started with them
The vedas are around 5000 years older than the migration, the 'aryan'were vagabond not some advanced civilisation

>moral code
Wut is moral?
>who does the gods benifit
That question makes no sense our concept of god is probably different
>cannibals
Yeah they are still present in India society

>heaven
What? Their is no heaven in Hinduism

>soul
The soul is immortal
user you read the iskon version didn't you cause the question you ask seem so misleading

Do i know my Hinduism kinda decent Mr poo? Most of it is philosophical stuff. Although hinduism is mostly philosophical anyways.

There is no clash, morals are something you come up with based on your reality.

You probably do, look into the introduction book if you are interested

youtube.com/watch?v=Y3-kuBvDzWU

It was this version no bully pls

Heaven isnt really Heaven for us. Its Moksha, which is the release from samsara(continuous cycle of life and death). In Moksha youre not really living, or caring or anything, you just are.

Unless youre referring to the "heavens" the "gods" would stay in. Those arent really heavens, just think of them as kingdoms or some shit.

Please tell me
Are there frictions between diferent gods followers? Inside hinduism

No.

cow poo is sacred too?

No

Its a tv show with subs, you didn't expect it to be perfect did you?

Kind off but it generally ends up as a story which teaches all gods respect each other so not really
Yes

POOOOOOOOOOOOOO

gib good translation pls. i liked the music it was gud

hitagi would get gangraped if she dared go to india

>leaf

I know it's release from death and rebirth the translation called it heaven a couple times and "my refuge" as well.

When you think about it, Hinduism fits the ethnonationalist whites perfectly since it already has a caste system within it.

If I was to convert to an Indian religion I would go with Sikhism tbqh.

>implying Sikhism isn't a part of Hinduism

why were accient hindus such degenerates (kamasutra for instance) while modern ones have a 25 years old sex age

Yes that's exactly what I am implying, it is a monotheistic religion.

Sexuality isn't degenrate user

>reddit spacing
Fix that first, then I'll try to read.

I know, we are in Pol remember?
Personally kind of wish orgies were a thing here

My point is that Modern hindus seem a lot less sexual than their ancestors

What is reddit spacing? And tbqh i dont have a reddit account to i dont know why it would matter
>1.3 billion

I'm taking a class on Indian history and the Sikhs are kind of fucking awesome. Hinduism is also pretty fucking aesthetic.

Why arent amateur hindu orgies more common in internet then?

Most people are against selling their bodies and privacy

Yeah shaiviks and Vaishnavs used to fight each other all the time. And Buddhism was becoming more and more popular. Then around 5th century AD a Kerala sage called Shankar got pissed and traveled across India and reformed Hinduism into single religion called Sanatan . Like starter Pokemons you can choose one of five gods as your family's main god. And you'll respect others' beliefs too. You may say he's our prophet/first pope. Currently his name is used as a title for he'd of hinduism in the country

>just like pokemon

Bumping.. user why don't you call it by it's proper name Sanatana Dharma
I'll also share some HD art

I state what's its called in the op

We can make anime 'real', then have sex with our waifus, simply by using manojava siddhi (which is the ability to instantly take your body wherever your mind goes, which is basically teleportation) to teleport ourselves into a universe where anime is 'real'. In the ancient Sanskrit language of India, the word 'siddhi' means 'perfection'. In its most common usage, the word 'siddhi' refers to an ability that is a natural and inherent faculty of our true identities as eternally alive souls. The soul is smaller than an atom and larger than the universe. The soul is infinitely small and infinitely large. The soul is ALL-PERFECT AND EVER-PERFECT. The soul is the storehouse of ALL ENERGY, ALL POWER AND ALL STRENGTH. The soul is PURE CONSCIOUSNESS. The soul possesses ALL siddhis and there are an INFINITE number of siddhis. Among all of these siddhis, there are considered to be eight major siddhis. Siddhis can be awakened through a variety of methods. In Patanjali's Yoga Sutras IV.1, it is stated:

"Siddhis may be attained through birth, the use of herbs, incantations, self-discipline or samadhi."

Here is a list of the eight major siddhis (in no particular order):

Laghima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as light as you want.

Garima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as heavy as you want.

Mahima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as large as you want.

Anima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as small as you want.

Prapti siddhi: Having unrestricted access to any and/or all places.

Prakamya siddhi: Fulfillment of whatever you desire.

Isitva siddhi: Control over any and/or all of the laws of nature.

Vasitva siddhi: Being able to control any and/or all beings.

"A man is a god in ruins. When men are innocent, life shall be longer, and shall pass into the immortal, as gently as we awake from dreams." - Ralph Waldo Emerson (end of part 1)

(start of part 2) You can awaken your siddhis through samyama, which is a state of consciousness in which one perceives the fundamental level of 'reality' where a perceiving subject (like you, for example) is merged with your perceived object. For example, to achieve laghima siddhi, you have to perform samyama on the lightness of a feather (for example) so that you become as light as that feather (or that you become the lightness of that feather, if you want to look at it that way). (end of part 2)

(start of part 3) Some people sneer at the siddhis because they do not believe in their existence, others because they think it is noble and spiritual to despise them. Both attitudes proceed from ignorance. Like that kike Jesus Christ said truly "Be in the world, but not of the world." If you realise that this world is naught but Maya and are not attached to it, then you can play with it and have fun with it. Siddhis only keep you tied to Samsara if you are attached to them. The siddhis in and of themselves are neither good nor evil, but represent the next level of both humanity's physical evolution and humanity's mental evolution. Siddhis are only a spiritual hazard if you are attached to them. Yogis know that the siddhis can be a distraction to the true spiritual goal of moksha if they are not used properly and that is why they NEVER use their siddhis for ego-based reasons, but ONLY to help other people without ANY desire to be rewarded and also as calling cards to make people accept that there is indeed a spiritual component to 'reality' that exists beyond the reach of the five senses. Anime won't ever BECOME 'real' because anime is ALREADY 'real' in an infinite number of universes. Anime is not 'real' here, but it IS 'real'. What we call 'reality' is illusory and therefore malleable. NOTHING is impossible in a universe that is ILLUSORY TO BEGIN WITH. EVERYTHING IS ILLUSORY, EXCEPT FOR PURE CONSCIOUSNESS ITSELF (WHICH IS INFINITE AND ETERNAL). I shall use manojava siddhi to teleport into a universe where anime is 'real' and make sweet, sweet love to one of my waifus there. Indians can teach us how to enter these other universes to make sweet, sweet love to our waifus through manojava siddhi. (end of part 3)

What the fuck does Senjougahara have to do with Hinduism? She's a Shinto-Buddhist like 99% of anime characters.

Gurka is that you?
Come back to the chat buddy we miss shittalking you

(start of part 4) Once I teleport my waifu into this universe using manojava siddhi, I will use manojava siddhi to teleport my waifu and I into a Simpsons universe, then I will use kamarupam siddhi (which is the ability to assume any form you desire) to 'Simpsonise' my waifu and I by making my waifu and I look like what we'd look like if we were Simpsons characters (such as having yellow skin and four fingers on each of our hands, for example), then I will use manojava siddhi again to teleport my waifu and I into a Star Wars universe, then travel to Naboo, then have a date with my waifu on Naboo. Then I will teleport my waifu back into this universe using manojava siddhi and then I will use anima siddhi (which is the ability to make your body and/or anything else as small as you want) to shrink the Moon until it can fit in the palm of my hand. Then I will turn the Moon into a necklace for my waifu. (end)

>implying
Japanese literally worship Indian gods
Huh?

Oh.. my bad lol

Oh I guess not
Check em faggit

>She's a Shinto-Buddhist like 99% of anime characters.

Buddhism is a daughter religion of Hinduism. Buddhism even has Hindu deities in it like Brahma and Indra:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indra#Buddhism

>politics and current affairs

sage

I'll presume its something from /int and its the favourite board of South American and Indians

Brahman is like an ocean and Atman is like a wave on that ocean - the wave is inseparable from the ocean. We ought to remember who and what EVERYONE REALLY IS - Pure Consciousness, which is INFINITE AND ETERNAL, experiencing life in a temporary human form. You can do ANYTHING YOU WANT TO DO and you can be ANYONE YOU WANT TO BE, while still facing the karmic consequences of your actions. They want us to think that the average person is powerless to positively change the world, but the TRUTH is that we have INFINITE POWER - both individually AND collectively. There's only one of us here. If you hit yourself on the head with a baseball bat, they'll put you in a mental hospital, yet that's EXACTLY what people are doing on a global scale. You can call Pure Consciousness 'God' if you want, but I don't because the word 'God' has religious connotations that I would rather avoid. Religion is the McDonald's of spirituality.

What we need to do is to raise our level of consciousness, both individually AND collectively. If even one person raises his or her level of consciousness, it has a ripple effect that benefits EVERYONE ELSE, even if they don't believe any of this stuff - and this is because 'reality' itself is HOLOGRAPHIC in nature. One of the ways that they have manipulated us so deeply for so long is by suppressing our sense of the possible. What we call 'reality' is COMPLETELY ILLUSORY and thus MALLEABLE - and they KNOW THIS, while most other people do NOT. EVERYTHING IS ILLUSORY, EXCEPT PURE CONSCIOUSNESS ITSELF. NOTHING is impossible in a universe that is ILLUSORY TO BEGIN WITH. People are AWAKENING to a MORE EXPANDED CONCEPTION of the world and life in general and this is a PROFOUNDLY GOOD THING. We owe it to our innate intelligence to QUESTION EVERYTHING and that includes EVERYTHING that I tell you. We have the power to transform this prison illusion into a PARADISE ILLUSION, so let's USE that power. (end of part 1)

(start of part 2) We are all one - and the beauty of this is that we don't have to be cucks despite this fact (and it IS a fact). We can STILL save the white race from extinction and prevent the end of Western Civilisation. We ought to embrace nationalist principles to protect Western Civilisation and save the white race from extinction even while REMEMBERING who and what WE REALLY ARE - Pure Consciousness (which is INFINITE AND ETERNAL) experiencing life in a temporary human form. Our TRUE STATE, our TRUE NATURE and our TRUE IDENTITY is Pure Consciousness and Pure Consciousness is ALL-PERFECT AND EVER-PERFECT. We are SIMULTANEOUSLY one yet different in our oneness in much the same way that the waves of an ocean are one with that ocean but are also unique in and of themselves in that each wave has its own shape, speed and size. I think that's pretty neat. What we call 'reality' is HOLOGRAPHIC in nature, so we are in fact smaller versions of the whole (which you can call 'God', if you want). Every part of the whole contains the whole and, to be more accurate, IS the whole. And just as a drop of water contains the same qualities as an entire ocean of water, we likewise contain all that exists within us - but merely on a smaller scale. From unconditional love we ALL sprang and to unconditional love we ALL return. I am another you and you are another me. There is no death, only transference of consciousness. There are no answers, only choices. There are no hallucinations, only shifts in perception. There are no laws, only habits. There are no coincidences, only synchronicities. There are no truths, only experiences. There is no separateness, only oneness. Heaven and Earth shall pass away, but my message shall NEVER pass away. The message is more important than the messenger. (end)

Hey user, have you got a translation/commentary on the Rig Veda I could download?

Tbh i haven't read any English translation of the vedas so im not sure what translation i should recommended you, but if you do wanna get into it the forward by dayanand saraswati is compulsory reading before the vedas archive.org/details/RigvedaWww.aryamantavya.in
But i cannot vouch for the accuracy of translation

Okay, I have Griffith translation downloaded but it’s quite old. I guess my best have to get their proper meaning is to learn sanskrit? Thanks though ;)

According to mainstream Hinduism, the Kali Yuga began on the 18th of February 3102 BC. The cycle known as the 'Fifth Sun' in the Mayan calendar began in 3114 BC. 3114 BC is a mere 12 years after 3102 BC. That is NOT a (((coincidence))).

You can learn Hindi and that would work as you can find near perfect translation in Hindi

There is a cycle of time known in the ancient Vedic scriptures of India as a 'manvantar'. There are 14 manvantars in each Day of Brahma and each manvantar is 306,720,000 Earth years in length. In the current Day of Brahma, 6 manvantars have passed and we are currently in the 7th manvantar. Each manvantar ends with a cataclysm which wipes out most of the life on Earth. What's interesting here is that according to modern mainstream science, there have been 6 major extinction events in the past. I strongly believe that there is a connection between the manvantar cycle and the supercontinent cycle. One complete supercontinent cycle is said to take 300 to 500 million years and one complete manvantar cycle is 306,720,000 years.

Here is a list of the supercontinents on Earth with some information about them (including the manvantars I believe they formed in):

Kenorland: Believed to have formed 2.7 billion years ago, it corresponds to the Svayambhuva manvantar.

Nena: Believed to have formed 1.8 billion years ago, it corresponds to the Svarocisha manvantar.

Columbia: Believed to have formed 1.5 billion years ago, it corresponds to the Auttama manvantar.

Rodinia: Believed to have formed 1.1 billion years ago, it corresponds to the Tamasa manvantar.

Pannotia: Believed to have formed 600 million years ago, it corresponds to the Raivata manvantar.

Euramerica: Believed to have formed 300 million years ago, it corresponds to the Chakshusha manvantar.

Pangaea: Believed to have formed 250 million years ago, it corresponds to the Vaivasvata manvantar (which is the current manvantar).

P.S. My calculations could be incorrect. kek