What happened?

When did Naruto stop being the best anime and manga ever made? It started off so good too, before all this Madara shit started popping up

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wEWF2xh5E8s
desuarchive.org/a/search/image/se-F6bnfY4RXZxos8CLPGw/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was never good. Naruto was always a hyper autistic, loud, annoying little shit. And as a protagonist that's a fatal flaw to both the manga and the anime.

Well, somewhere down the line the powercreep surounding Akatsuki made even strong shinobi (like Kakashi) into worthless fodder.

It was just downhill from that point (as established characters became nothing but plot points to flesh out the next big bad as POWAFULL)

Same problem as DBZ when you think about it.

Around the chuunin exams with all the x-tail beasts faggotry and sasuke going full edge

When ninjas became fucking gods I gave the fuck up. The action of just punching a motherfucker actually became super rare. This is why Rock Lee remains my favorite. At least SOMEONE beats the shit out people with fists.

for me it stopped being good after the Chuunin Exams.

Powercreep is the death of any anime. Once you hit the point where the characters have to tell you that Yusuke's spirit gun was strong enough to one shot Taguro against Sensui, you know the show is at it's end. Especially when the last few fights were all about outsmarting these psychic's gimmicks and now we are just down to a battle of who has the better powerlevel.

>The worst thing you can do in ANY given story is make the protagonist the worst element in the whole thing
I'd be willing to say this is a big reason why most people do not find shonen appealing

Most people do find shounen appealing though. It is by far the most popular type of anime. D

Here's what I remember. I learned how to start downloading from torrents. So I would run home after school and download the latest dattebayo release.

I just remember one day I was downloading the episodes. And 10 minutes into the episode I would fall asleep and have no idea what was going on.

The culprit?

Turns out I was experiencing filler episodes. I kept downloading these and falling asleep into the episode, not knowing who the characters are. And losing all interest.

This is around when I stopped watching anime, because I didn't really know about much else. I started getting more into videogames and art instead.

So the jist of it? FILLER EPISODES SUCK!

Actually what made me loose hope for Naruto was Pain arc. The guy just walk in the village and *poof* no more village... I mean, they're supposed to be ninjas. Not fucking DBZ fighters. Then it became a shitfest of laser and shit.
I would say Naruto actually died with Itachi, or even with Deidara which I think had a better fight than Itachi.
The only villain that was worth looking forward to among the insufferable edgelords that were Tobi/Pain/Sasuke/Kabuto/insertbullshitcharacteroutofkishis'ass was Kisame.

I didn't mind pain btfo the village but the fact that he brings literally everyone back to life and Naruto went back to being a bumbling idiot afterwards killed it for me

This is what made the Pain Arc so great for m, Naruto actually showed considerable amount of maturity and humility, it's thrown away after that arc though.

completely fucking agree, actually started to give a shit about the plot and Naruto and then remembered why I hate it

>Naruto
>not a masterpiece
youtu.be/wEWF2xh5E8s

>make a show about a complete social outcast loser who is literally autistically loud and obnoxious
>huge hit among anime fans

The first Naruto series has an amazing OST. I love the instruments.

And this is why jojo is for smart boys, while theres definitely some crazy big bads the self contained storys stops it from ever seeming like its an issue or that power creep -has- to happen in the first place and the nature of how stands work allows for power creep to generally not be a factor (((unless you're GER or King Crimson heeheee)))

Pain act should have been the part of the series where everything started going down hill before the war arc. All the dead people should have stayed dead, and Naruto would have retained it' masterpiece level.

Pain joining up with the the good guys sounds dope as fuck

Zabuza arc was great, chuunin exams were good, then the series turned into shit until Pain arc. After that, it was just awful

There was no reason for Naruto to gain Power creep even at the end. Madara fucked it all up, but against Tobi there was the potential for them outsmarting his power. most of later Naruto was about discovering what powers the enemy had and who among the cast had the right gimmick to counter that.

Then that bitch Madara showed up, beat the Kages off screen, and dropped 2 meteors onto people like he was Sephiroth!

Madara being that much of a god was perfectly fine and his battle against the Allied Shinobi Forces was one of the highlights of the show

the power creep at the end will never get old. Like holy shit they literally went to god level

Gai should have died

You mean Hidan and Kakuzu arc

Either the chuunin exams or the filler arcs, depending on who you ask. All the fights stopped being about ninjas using deception and trickery to defeat one another and became a parody of itself.

Also, nobody fucking died any more. In the first arc, named characters died even though they were sympathetic and then the chuunin exams/Sasuke retrieval arc appeared to up the casualty rate like crazy, things like crushing Rock Lee's arms, killing off the Third, or seemingly killing Choji, Neji, etc. When Kishimoto started pussying out on killing main characters is when the series started to drop, because the tension was gone.

>brings up jojo for not having powercreep
>it literally goes STTGL at the end of part 7

just watch as boruto shows him up, it will be ttgl-tier

>killing off the Third
does killing off the third really count?
he was fated to die anyway and it's not like he had much relevance to begin with.

It was never good.
Zabuaz, exams arc? Were okay.
But the whole thing? NEVER GOOD.

I'd argue it does. It sets up Orochimaru not just as a creepy villain, but also a very powerful one. The Hokage's supposed to be the strongest ninja in the village, and against his former pupil he can't pull out a solid W. Back in those days, Orochimaru seemed like he was being set up to be the series big bad, which is probably what Kishi should have done instead of going with Akatsuki and Madara.

Yeah, Naruto went to shit after Zabuza died.

It went to shit even before then.
Trying to sympathize with a guy who literally murdered orphans because reasons and may have been a pedo was retarded.

YOU DON'T TAKE AWAY BEST CHAR YOU FUCK

it turned to shit when sasuke jumped into the barrel and it became a shonen ai harlequin romance

Gai should've defeated Madara too, and then Naruto and Sauceke go straight to Kaguya.

Can't have Ninja Jesus having his limelight stolen by best character, user.

This is exactly the moment the manga free-falled and never recovered.
>When did Naruto stop being the best anime and manga ever made?
Nigga what

>you will never re-experience the beauty of seeing Night guy for the first time

here is the thing I think they should have had nagato give Naruto or the Leaf Village the rinnegan in the sense to keep it away from Tobi at all cost, because it was fucken stupid how they just left them there ripe for Obito to take back

When the original editor left,the manga went down like a trainwreck.
It lost it's fun and became a tiring battle manga - DBZ style without fun - abandoning what made it unique and interesting.

why live ?

>Gai should've defeated Madara
It should have been Lee

Where can I download naruto and other animes?

>nothing topped rock lee vs gaara a billion episodes later
How? Literally perfect fight that had everything

thats when it started going downhill for me.

However it was shortly after jiraiya showed up that fighting started to devolve into giant monsters and super rasengans instead of manipulating your opponents and the environment, and i just dropped it.
when i came back about a year ago I skipped around about 2/3 of the content including what seemed to be entire filler ARCS and don't really feel like I missed anything important by the end.

mynigga

>hating on based Madara

Kill yourself, nigger.

White Zetsu spam, Edo Tensei spam and Kaguya ruined Nardo.

the final naruto vs saske fight was dope nibba, even if the whole war arc was garbage

Yeah, and then the power creeps back down when the manga switches protagonists.
The fact that Johnny had a 1 hit kill attack doesn't matter if Johnny died 100 years ago.

I don't think I have much of a problem with Naruto's goals of trying to end all conflict. That's admirable. But Pain just gave in way too easily.

>Aw shit he read a book to me! Better revive everyone for my own life rather than stick with my convictions!

I just think Talk no Jutsu is a sham.

While that's true, there was a slight powercreep when Araki kept trying to make new powers and end bosses that got more ridiculous and convoluted as it went along. Part 6 was the worst with this.

I don't know, I remember no one really taking it seriously and the threads always became fun shitpost festivals, shame shonen is fanbase wars now

You make a series where the characters fight using creativity and information about each other's powers, and destroy that dynamic by having abilities so strong and characters so durable, that combat breaks down to whoever can beam the hardest.
Training stop mattering. Chakra stops mattering. The fights become boring.

So, how did anyone ANYONE take this series seriously after Naruto literately had an asthma attack over his 'friend' attempting to murder a counsel of ninjas?

Great Pain and his arc were great. I didn't mind him destroying the village since he was an outlier at that point. Him reviving everybody was complete bs and ruined the arc though. It was when everybody who didn't have dbz tier energy blasts and a gundam was useless was when it really went down hill. I also hate how they made the rinnegan the last stage of the sharigan. It should of remained separate and the sage of the six paths should of stayed a legend without them revealing if he was real or not.

Naruto's desire to bring Sasuke back turned into such an obsession that it became a detriment to the series. Sasuke in general should have died during the Bridge Arc and the series might have actually been good, because most of everything to happen in Naruto was Sasuke's fault, or rather, the Uchiha clan in general.

The ninja war shouldn't have happened.
Naruto defeated Pain, Sasuke defeated Itachi, and someone, probably Kakashi, should've defeated Obito.
Then Naruto and Sasuke have their anticipated final battle, Naruto punches the autism out of him, they become friends again, and they live happily ever after.
It could've ended like that and still been an okay series all the way through.
Instead, Kishimoto spends about 200 chapters on a war. A war where the enemy combatants are all either zombies being controlled or tree people whose lives don't matter.
Some of the allies are total randos who we haven't seen before and have no reason to care about, and the zombies are all just historical figures from a history we know nothing about.

i dont think naruto trying to save sasuke is that bad, is just mu frenship
the problem is it took 700 chapters

>the problem is it took 700 chapters

This desu. I was okay with everything in Part 1 until the series started the filler arcs because that's when I realized Sasuke wasn't coming back until the manga ended.

It's like how reading Berserk is pointless until Guts gets revenge on Griffith.

Quick, someone post the picture of Orichimaru congratulating Naruto on his marriage

I agree with you, user, on that being the point of no return. Naruto had so much potential to be better than it is, so many interesting possible scenarios and stories that could have been told in its universe. But no, we're stuck with [DBZlight] for ever thanks to shonen power creep and Kaguya. Fuck Shonen Jump for the way they push writers to rush through stories.

It'd be cool if there was some way for another writer to come in and do their own version of a manga series, like how capeshit does comics.

I only have this

Timeskip is the cut off.

Timeskips tend to be where an anime falls apart. I remember feeling that way during Gurren Lagann.

desuarchive.org/a/search/image/se-F6bnfY4RXZxos8CLPGw/

Narutards are also Fairy Tail fags. Not surprising, to be honest.

imo i would say its quite the opposite
shonen jump actually push writers to milk a good story until all is left its just the corpse of what it could have been

the whole series derailed the moment orochimaru showed up at the chuunin exam. Straight line into the never ending itachi plot.

>also becomes a hot milf
Is it fair?

Naruto getting the DBZ Kai treatment is a necessity.

Considering how long ViZ has been going weekly since the original show, this is what I'm fully expecting when Boruto is done in a few years.

And then of course we get Boruto-kai. The ride never ends.

Eye hax. They were already legendary copy ninja status by the Zabuza arc, why did he need to improve the hax even more?

it was such a simple minor fight but that Shikamaru vs sound girl chunin exam match was fucking cool as shit, kek whenever I see her smashing her head into the wall

I've heard people say that they wanted to resume watching after years of break and then remembered how much filler there were and are now ok with never knowing how it ends.

To give Sasuke a way to keep up with Naruto.

If it was inevitable that Naruto was going to harness all the power of a town-busting demon and Sasuke was going to stay his rival, the Sharingan had to be OP.

I'd rather they made the curse mark the OP thing but even still they added so much Uchiha lore and had to make Madara vs. Hashirama seem like a big deal after the series' power creep to the point where the Sharingan's large powerset was inevitable.

The only reason I deal with this crap was because Akatsuki was there. After Konan is dead, I didn't give a shit about it anymore.
The only redeeming point after that for me was the revealing of Seven Swordsmen of the Mist.
Ringo is a cutie.

Remember when Orochimaru summoned zombie versions of Hashirama and Tobirama, and Sarutobi was able to beat them, and was more worried about Minato than either of them? Y'know, before he was retconned into being a living god?

Dude, the fucking moment that he used his sharingan to "copy" rocklees speed then later the magic bullshit eye was able to completely render an entire branch of ninjitsu useless unless you had a sharingan was the moment that I realized that the sharingan was bullshit.

Those hashirama and tobirama were way weaker than their real versions.
Even up to that point, we knew Hashirama alone defeated Madara EMS+Kyuubi, there you have what should have been the top of ninja powerlevels. Do you seriously believe an extremely old man as sarutobi was even as insanely strong as he could ever be in his prime srs could stood a chance against another hokage alone full power?

Also, im pretty sure sarutobi was more worried about having to deal with three hokages at once.

Keeping Naruto and Sasuke balanced was a good idea, but giving everyone eye hax and making them toolbox powers where anyone can asspull a new power was not cool.
By the endgame there were more relevant people with eyehax running around than the opposite.

I find cool for example, amaterasu, tsukuyomi ,obitos eye hax and even susanoos first appareance(Itachi's), it didnt seem like a giant mecha summon fighthing samurai bijuu-destroyer, but more like a spirit entity with mystical abilities and more defensive stuff. But straight izanami, izanagi and all of that crap beyond is just retarded.

to really answer that question, you have to go back to the earliest chapters.
Originally Masashi planned on the story only following naruto, but the editors pressured him to add sasuke and sakura at the last second, meaning he had to come up with their backstories on the fly. this threw a massive wrench in whatever he might have had planned for the manga from the start, which if you take the one shot as evidence (even though it might not be) would probably have been more heavily focused on naruto being accepted by society despite what he is, and less about the "sasuke is my friend, but also my biggest rival" shit. it probably also would have had more adult character for naruto to play off of, like maybe fleshing out his relationship with iruka more, but ultimately is was another case of editors prioritizing short term gains over potential long term success.