UK bans energy drinks to anyone under 16

>Sales of energy drinks to children under 16 will be banned by most major UK supermarkets from Monday, following concerns about their high levels of sugar and caffeine and impact on health and behaviour.

>Customers buying drinks containing more than 150mg of caffeine per litre in branches of Asda, Aldi, the Co-op, Lidl, Morrisons, Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Waitrose will be asked to prove they are over 16.

>The high street chemist Boots is the latest retailer – and the only non-supermarket – to announce a ban, following the lead of a voluntary restriction taken by Waitrose in January.

>Drinks such as Red Bull, Relentless, Monster Energy and Rockstar have become increasingly popular. Children and teenagers consume them more than adults, even though industry labelling guidelines statew that any soft drink with more than 150mg of caffeine per litre must carry a warning about its high caffeine content and state it is not recommended for children.

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/mar/05/uk-supermarkets-ban-sales-energy-drinks-under-16s

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jul/18/plans-to-make-delivery-of-knives-sold-online-to-private-addresses-illegal-knife-crime
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stimulants are redpilled (bulled) the kikes are scared

I’m leading towards that Brits are the most cucked ones.

So long as it protects people, I support it. Fucking chavs need to be put down

What a massive fucking Orwellian nanny state.

This is what happens when you give up your guns.

and you are bluepilled

Good, here its can be sold only to adults(18) also all type of junk food is forbiten in school vending mashines.

>THE STATE SHOULD HEAVILY REGULATE EVERYTHING TO PROTECT PEOPLE
And that's why you fucking morons have zero freedoms. Your government treats you all like fucking toddlers.

>What a massive fucking Orwellian nanny state

how is Alexa and your smartphone these days?

Kikes push for nanny state laws the most retard. The most right wing nations in the world are not nanny states. Look at fucking Japan where alcohol and cigarettes are cheap as shit.

Even Nazi Germany was not a nanny state

really confused by this, is this set in law now by government or is it just a group of big retailers saying they won't sell it to people under 16 anymore? what's even more confusing to me is that i remember getting refused sale of redbull more than 10 years ago now in a morrisons. so why is it suddenly news?

also
>In January, Theresa May promised to look into the dangers of the drinks after the death of Justin Bartholomew, 25, who took his own life after regularly drinking 15 cans a day. His family believe that the energy drinks heightened his anxiety and helped contribute to his death.

i'm glad we can prevent the deaths of 25 year olds by banning sale to under 16s...

>installing (((alexa)))
top kek

>muh freedoms
>can't drink until 21

>don't be a fink
>bin that drink
Why don't we invade dad already and save him from himself

I got a free bluetooth speaker with the phone i bought last summer. It has an app you can use to adjust the audio equalizer. The app updated the other day and now it's an Alexa speaker, which means it was one all along...so it was literally listening to me for a year before I knew what going on. Also, my washing maching has wifi

Fucking hell! Someone should look into starting a black market in Britain for Red Bull and cutlery.

Better bin that energy

>hey your law is shit in this aspect
>therefore we need to infringe on freedom even more

Yes it's shit, however alcohol is much cheaper here than the UK.

who gives a shit

A lot of people still think Big Brother is CCTV, oh how times have changed

they don't need cctv to track you anymore, they know who your are, where you live, where you go, who you speak to, what you buy, when, how much, where from, what your interests are, and that's not even gettign into microphones and cameras on phones

Soon the likes of Amazon is all people will have left, scary.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely

Energy drinks are unhealthy af, full of sugar. It's healthier to drink a beer than this shit.

Ice cold RedBull in the 8oz can is the most delicious thing in the world and the only think I want when I wake up. The larger sized cans don't have as much carbonation for some reason, and they cool off too much before you can finish them. Once you get hooked on the taste nothing can be substituted.

In Lithuania you can't buy energy drinks if ya aint 18.
That shit should be banned for good.

i'm really quite drunk, btw

>Ice cold RedBull in the 8oz can is the most delicious thing in the world and the only think I want when I wake up.

Lol at your caffine addiction

Whats bad about this

I used to drink energy drinks when I was in my late teens early 20s, I swore them off when I turned 25 and I'm almost 30 now and it feels great, just drink coffee if you need the buzz

I don't even drink it for the caffine, it doesn't have that much. Coffee gives me the shakes, so I assume it's much stronger

You are wrong. If it's just normal coffee it is not stronger

You're a yurocuck that not only bans guns but is a massive nanny state as well. Of course there is nothing wrong with this.

You're a yurocuck that not only bans guns but is a massive nanny state as well. Of course there is nothing wrong with this.

Why does coffee have a pronounced effect on me but redbulls dont? Maybe the b12 has something to do with it. I dont drink any other energy drinks so I can't compare them.

Fucking kill yourselves you retarded burgers.
>Laws that prevent developing kids getting addicted to caffeine are cucked!!! Here in the US we're free to be as degenerate as we like!

man what the fuck happened. I was posting, my mobile network dropped and my post still went through kek

Good, that shit is poison

>MUH CHILLUUUUNS
Your 1984 shithole is an absolute travesty. You are fucking retarded if you think a 15 year old is a child. Let fucking teens drink a can of red bull to relax you faggot. There is no issue.

Old enough to buy beer yet?
16 year old are fucking toddlers
as britains population is getting fatter by the day, i support this. Hold young and easily influental people away from the addictive suggar joo

Old enough to buy beer yet?

oh no, we're gonna have more kids addicted to caffeine.. such a shame..

get over yourself. it's not like most kids are drinking red bull every day anyway.

Energy drinks are for fucking plebs lmao.

Yes, I'm sure (((they))) are pushing this because they obviously want white children to be healthier and to stop giving their companies so much money.
Do you even think before jumping straight to "it's da joos!!"

indeed, think about all the lives and families ruined by Energy Drinks. Its a good thing for the UK government to step in and protect communities from this significant danger.

>relax with caffeine
>relaxing with stimulants

15 year olds are still no where near the end of development
>drink a can of redbull to relax
Is this the power of American (((education)))?

Just look at any council estate

You do realize that people can just go to the grocery store and get instant coffee or just get caffeine tablets? snaggle toothed cuck.

People that get their caffeine from energy drinks are plebs

>old enough to buy beer yet
>implying I am not fully in favor of lowering the alcohol age limit

A 16 year old is not a fucking child you mongoloid. A 16 year old can fucking drive. You are like the libshits who include 16 year old gangbangers into child gun death statistics.

Let people make their own decisions moronic cunt.

Yes? Look at the people who push for these nanny state laws. They are fucking kikes or suck kike dick like the UK cuckservative party.

The UKIP opposes this and is right wing nationalist. Fucking lmao at the mentality that the government has to coddle you and protect you from all harm.

>Americans defending their food freedoms

>UK McDonalds Fries ingredients
Potatoes, Vegetable Oil, Dextrose, and salt

>USA McDonalds Fries ingredients
Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Natural Beef Flavor [Wheat and Milk Derivatives]*, Citric Acid [Preservative], Dextrose, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (Maintain Color), Salt. Prepared in Vegetable Oil: Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil with TBHQ and Citric Acid added to preserve freshness. Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent. Contains: Wheat and Milk. *Natural beef flavor contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milk as starting ingredients.

All those Oils and SOY, that explains the obesity and sharts

I actually think coffee has more caffeine in it

Pretty sure the major component of these energy drinks is taurine or something

I fail to see how a red bull once in a while is dangerous for your health. A strong coffee is way more addictive.

BAN ASSAULT CAFFEINE

Brains don't fully develop until 25. That doesn't mean people cannot make choices until then you retard.

I'd love to see the day chavs start loitering about in the streets with instant coffee.

Good, that shit is disgusting

Dont know, dont have neither of those.

Hows that sharia law treating you these days, Achmed? Honor raped any family members today?

I was pretty bad with energy drinks, i used to drink 10 a week, 2 a shift. I'm down to maybe 3 or 4 a week and I only get the White Monsters with no sugar. Shit honestly isn't for kids, unfortunately white trash parents don't have brains so the government probably is gonna have to step in on this shit eventually withj all these fat, diabetic retards ruining our country

I guess you should just unban alcohol for under 21's then?
It's a choice right? Wouldn't want to live in a cucked nanny state that restricts you.

Good. This stuff is worse than poison for the body and the mind.

I hate English people. I seriously hope you all die.

The shit isn't even funny anymore. Fuck you. Sorry ass motherfuckers.

>Hows that sharia law treating you these days, Achmed

>Amerigoblin humour

Say it in your native language you twat

Yes? I said I support lowering the age limit.

Your country is a massive fucking totalitarian state.

theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jul/18/plans-to-make-delivery-of-knives-sold-online-to-private-addresses-illegal-knife-crime

This is what happens when you give up guns.

"Energy Drinks" are shit anyway, just concentrated liquefied food ADDICTIVES.
I was at my local supermarket last year and some high power white collar chink was buying a CASE of cans of the stuff, and I was shocked at the price. About a month later, someone gave me one to drink for free. I was surprised at the distinctive taste and unique feel about drinking one. But remembering the case price, I vowed to myself to stay away.

>Sorry ass motherfuckers.
afro-american detected

honestly, the older I get the more total prohibition makes sense to me. I hate drunks, druggies, potheads, junkies whatever. I don't want them in my neighborhood, that's for sure. i know it wouldn't work, it is just a fantasy f mine where I don't have to deal with the kind of people who do that shit

You people are so sad, I wouldn't even stop you from killing yourself. I realize I have a duty to glorify God in this life, but I'll fail if it comes to you sorry fucking cunts.

Why don't they just ban chavs under 16?
Anyone who is 16 plus and still a chav is stuck at that level for the rest of their life

I used to drink a monster/rockstar per day with lunch. I chose to give it up for lent and it’s been going well, I replaced it with a diet Arizona arnold palmer/peach tea

>le 56%

Yeah, difference is, Achmed, we can at least voice our displeasure about it without the diversity division of the met kicking in our door and arresting us for "hate speech"

>b-b-but be american, get shot!

Good thing I live in a stand your ground and castle law state, cop kicks in my door guns blazing, hell get them blazing right bac, but then again, thankfully im white so generally the police ask questions first before shooting (as I proved one night when answering the door holding a loaded gun and it was the police. All they said was "put that down, were just here to talk".)

Whatever, faggot. Why don't you go watch your wife get fucked by an immigrant while you renew her TV license and bin your bread knife, you cunt?

>be 2002
>goto school
>25k a year
>science teacher tells us
>energy drinks are good
>recommend one a day

so just make uk compliant ones with 149mg of caffiene per litre

>Drinking this utter shit

Let kids' hearts explode from it. Less chavs unable to make sensible choices

Caffeine is a stimulant and obviously a gateway drug to methamphetamines

feels good not to live in that prison state

Congratulations, you've broken the conditioning.
You should help your fellow countrymen who believe that (((total freedom))) is the ultimate good to do the same.

>lol usa nigger hiding behind a euro flag

lol tl;dr

stop investing so much into your posts

I remember reading a UFC game was banned in the UK because there are ads for Monster in the game.

Some times the government knows best.

nazis banned smoking and owning guns

>America so addicted to shit chemicals in their food they actually get personally offended by other nations not wanting it

Litterally nothing wrong with this. Caffeine is not healthy if you don't have a fully developed heart. Children aren't supposed to drink 8 cups of coffee a day either. Children have died from energy drinks.
The Jews started mass-marketing energy drinks to children. They sponsored nearly every children's youtuber here by sending them tons of free energy drinks.

Don't stop at energy drinks, coffee needs to go.

Dont be so insecure

It has nothing to do with Nanny state, idk what you are talking about. do you live in a Nanny state because your child is not allowed to drink alcohol or watch 18+ movies ? Nanny state comes with free housing and money and whatnot you get from it to survive by doing nothing

Energy drinks are obviously and objectively toxic to kids and they should be banned for medical reasons

Anyone who supports this ban is a literal bootlicking crybaby.
You need to address problems at the source.

16 yo are stupid mongloids who can't think for themself. They are victims of advertisements and social pressure hence they start drinking this bullshit
Name 1 reason to keep energy allowed to growing child's beside >MUH freedom

I'd rather be a nigger than an English cuck. Seems your women would rather be with one as well.

Wtf am I even reading.

>Energy drinks are bad for kids, but energy drinks aren't the problem

Caffeine is not the point you muttbrain

Lack of discipline is the problem you bucktoothed retard.

lol at any retard dumb enough to drink them trash type of drinks in the first place.

Haha, he really is a nigger, no wonder you hate the English so much

My sides

>british people have become so useless that the state must intervene to restrict what they eat&drink

Think about that for a moment lad.

>I actually think coffee has more caffeine in it

Yeah it does, and it's not nearly as expensive, and has some actual health benefits.

No not really. Cite one case where infringing on personal freedom that does not harm others was a good thing. You can't.

>nazis banned smoking

No they didn't. Hitler himself was anti-smoking and the Nazi party itself was officially anti-smoking but many top Nazis were heavy smokers like Goering and Bormann for example. SS and Wehrmacht soldiers were issued cigarettes in their rations.

>banned guns

Hitler loosened gun laws

This is something i actually agree with, except the caffeine in the drink isnt the issue, its all the other stimulants that fuck your body up.

>Lack of discipline is the problem you bucktoothed retard.

>Kids are all jacked up on caffeine, why are they being so difficult to discipline
you simple twat

Norway also have a legislation like this I think. Nobody cares of course, it's more of a symbolic and norm-spreading law. But srs guys, energy drinks are fucking unhealthy. Drink it seldom during lan parties and shit, but abstain from sugar drinks during weekdays. Your body and soul is connected etc.

>14 year old kid
>The damage is already done through sub par school system and lackluster parenting
>State bans fucking red bulls
>Expects something to happen

>who can't think for themselves
>citation needed

A 16 year old is not a toddler you moron. 16 year olds can get drivers licenses for fucks sake.

>social pressure

This is the same for all ages.

>advertisements

See above.

Freedom is the only argument I need. Almost nobody dies from fucking energy drinks. It's a non-issue. This is no different from the gun banning morons who want to ban guns because a tiny amount of kids get killed by them each year.

DO NOT PUT CAT IN MICROWAVE