BLAME

Just saw the Blame! movie. It was pretty great. Lets talk about cute robutts doing net terminal things.

Where my net terminal genes at?

But shes a real human bean.

I was pretty disappointed by the movie. One of the major of aspects of Blame that I love is the monster/character design, but the movie was limited to just a few different of the more iconic models. I realize that building cg models is expensive/time consuming, but it was a bummer to see so little variety, and no silicon life at all.

The movie itself was maybe, 6 pages worth of content. If that. Would still watch if movie followed timeline of manga and comprise of over 80 percent just walking around the megastructure.

She has been giving up being human for better.

What are the differences between the master edition and old print? I was flipping through it at a local bookstore and noticed the translation is pretty different compared to what I've read online.

Along with a questionable new translation (Killy is now "Kyrii"), the blacks aren't as deep and some panels were modified or redrawn Sidonia-style.

tell me why a gigantic tall robot needs hips and a nice butt

What a silly question.

The Master Edition includes pages which were reconstructed from previous drafts. As in, the pages in the old print are the finalized versions. They, presumably, were unable to find the original manuscripts, and seem to have had Nihei complete the drawing of certain unfinished draft copies in order to make the work publishable.

Also, [screaming about boxes]

Et cetera, et cetera. Don't buy the Master Editions.

Obviously I haven't read this far, but the boxes seem important. I'm guessing it's some kind of containment or force field? Wouldn't it change the context of the fight if it isn't there? It's also unfortunate that the redrawn scenes are missing some of the smaller details when compared to the original.

Are the master editions already out of print or is the movie keeping renewed interest?

The boxes were a visual cue of the Exterminator doing something to hinder Killy's movement. It doesn't make much sense for him to be frozen in place by seemingly nothing, which is what it looks like with the boxes removed.

I don't really care about it too much. The covers on the master editions are fucking gorgeous.

They were, but due to demand, they've been getting reprinted. I think they go for around $30 each on amazon.

Dunno. Who cares.

>I don't really care about it too much.
It's fine to accept the absence of the box. It's not fine to accept that some stupid piece of shit corporate editor or whatever accidentally used the eraser tool in Photoshop and erased part of one of the pages. It's not fine to accept that there were multiple different prints released at the same time, some with this fault and others without it.

If anyone has any information on this work, please speak up.

post robots

Which translation do I get for the first 4-6 volumes boys? Tokyopop, Omanga or danke?

ok

did they let Nihei daughter animated that scene?

the person did that don't know about timing, Anticipation and Exaggeration

>translation
>danke

Yeah, yeah my bad, danke rips. Now which one? danke is up to vol. 4, tokyopop vol. 8 and Omanga is the only one to the end

Cibo is cute!

and that also one of the worst walking animation i have ever seen

the shitty mo cap they use in Ajin look better than that

The gantz_waitingroom ones

I want tall Cibo to walk on me.

Why is she so sad?

thingken of net terminal gines.

Why was the gravitational beam emitter a fucking laser

Seriously this is getting troublesome. Master edition has only 4/6 volumes translated, does it contain the same amount of chapters with the original? Where should I even continue if I picked the master after finishing vol. 4? And why the hell is Omanga's translation right to left?

>I picked the master
You were warned from day 1; build your own damn wagon

This. Get your own genes.

>Tall Cibo

How the fuck did they take a top tier girl and make her even better?

She was always tall, though.

>Secondaries

The hell are you talking about?

It's hard to animate a kilometer of "create hole" when you're working with SHITTY CGI.

>start walking up 13 kilometer stairs
>top half is broken
>wall back down, pick another stairs
>repeat for 234 years